Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

FÚCK ME PINK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

5 yards out, free header, Jonas screws it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Surely Remy has picked up a knock?

Surely Remy has picked up a knock?

he did. Still why fcuking Jonas?

M5 wrote: »
    he did. Still why fcuking Jonas?

Aye

Far far far too easy for Cardiff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

An equaliser and a Bellamy winner in injury time is inevitable here..

Duff wrote: »
    An equaliser and a Bellamy winner in injury time is inevitable here..

unfortunately I'm expecting the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Who is Jordan Mutch? And why has he been allowed to take the piss out of our "much vaunted" midfield.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Who is Jordan Mutch? And why has he been allowed to take the piss out of our "much vaunted" midfield.

Dont think there is (ahem) Much marking from our lot

Cisse, fuk me lad!

WHERE IS THE MARKING LADS!!!!!

Defending a long ball seems impossible for us,

Well done Krul, lucky mind!

HBA coming on, will be in goal no doubt!

Just hit it Cisse!!!!

3 points in spite of Pardew. Garbage second half, baffling tactics yet again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Standard regression in the second half. Why does that keep happening? Awful awful stuff.

It's sad that after a victory we're all pissed off at yet another capitulation and we were lucky to escape with 3 points.

Don't let ****ing Pardew into a dressing room at half time ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

We should hire two managers — Pardew for the 1st half, and anyone else for the 2nd.

Wait, please don't suggest this to Mike Ashley or he'd bring in Kinnear as the 2nd half gaffer!

Next 5 Fixtres

Livepool H
    Mackems A
    Man C H (LC)
    Chelsea H
    Spurs A

1 win would be a good return form that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Next 5 Fixtres

Livepool H
    Mackems A
    Man C H (LC)
    Chelsea H
    Spurs A

I can only guess where that win is coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Next 5 Fixtres

Livepool H
    Mackems A
    Man C H (LC)
    Chelsea H
    Spurs A

13 points from 11 games after those at best

Paully D wrote: »
    I can only guess where that win is coming!

I'm guessing you'll have a new manager form bounce by the time we get to play you. First home game for the new manager, could be of monumental importance to ye. I'm certainly not expecting 3 points from that

Rob Elliott called into the Ireland squad

We could have easily won by 3-4 today if we kept up the first half levels(which to be fair, we were very good) but nope, they have to put is through the ringer as usual.

I'd take your arm off for 4 points out of that run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Right lads pool supporter here. We have ye away next, any predictions? I highly doubt it will be like our last away trip to SJP. Remy looks dangerous, 5 in 3 is impressive. From what I have seen of Newcastle this season ye are very much a game of 2 halves like Liverpool.

rob316 wrote: »
    Right lads pool supporter here. We have ye away next, any predictions? I highly doubt it will be like our last away trip to SJP. Remy looks dangerous, 5 in 3 is impressive. From what I have seen of Newcastle this season ye are very much a game of 2 halves like Liverpool.

We have been hammered by every half decent side we have played for the last season and a half. Don't see it changing under current management. Guessing Jonas and Williamson will start. Pool to be 3 up by ht and a repeat not unlikely

rob316 wrote: »

God knows tbh, no idea what team will turn up. At best it'll be a score draw for us as Suarez and Sturridge will cause havoc. As M5 says any decent side has thumped us and that could well continue. 1-3 is my prediction.

At today’s press conference for France, Yohan Cabaye knocked back questions regarding what had happened at Newcastle United this summer, which is fair enough.

However, the Newcastle midfielder then went on to point the finger at United’s Director Of Football, Joe Kinnear, saying he is the person who could say what has happened as he (Cabaye) will never make it public.

“I won’t explain about that today (strike in Summer at Newcastle), it is not for me to answer, I don’t want to talk about it. This is a press conference for the national team.

It is already over, the only person who could talk about (what happened in the summer) is Joe Kinnear, it will never leave my mouth.”

Sigh.

Fingers and toes crossed Remy and Cabaye come through their game for France OK. Both played(Cabaye and Debuchy both scored!) on Friday and came through unscathed.

Edit:

More dross from Pardew. Some of that is really baffling

"Mike (Ashley) is a strong character who has been a success in his whole business life and is a genius in that world - but when you come to football the logic doesn't quite fit. He loves football but he sometimes can't understand how it works and it confuses and upsets him, and when he is upset he does things that aren't brilliant for the football club.

"That's just Mike and he has funded the club, made sure we have no debt - other than to himself - and supported me, but unless we get a billionaire from deepest Russia we are probably not going to be able to compete with the likes of Man United, Man City and Chelsea, which is what our fans want.

"We were after flair players (in the last transfer window) and when you get into that market as a Premier League club, you have your league and divisions like the Bundesliga chasing them because they are a rare commodity, so it is difficult to get them over the line.

"Loic Remy has been a great signing and given us what we didn't have last year which is a striker who can play, build the game and finish, while he has a nice manner, is comfortable with our group and has the confidence to play for Newcastle, too.

"But Mike has put in about £200m of his own money and I don't think he wants to put any more of his own money in.

"Sometimes it was finance that was getting in the way (of making summer signings). It was extra difficult for us because we also had the Yohan Cabaye situation.

"If Yohan had gone we might have had more to play with and got a striker, so we waited and it was very difficult, a bit like a poker game in a way.

Fortunately Yohan stayed and I'm glad because he is an important player and such a talent in terms of his technique and manoeuvring of the ball, and is good a midfielder as I've worked with.

"We did have some words when he tried to force a move, though, and he has some making up to do.

"Derek Llambias was in charge of the transfers at the club and I worked well with him, but Mike Ashley decided he wanted a change in that department and wanted someone in place who knew football.

"He whispered that someone might be coming in without telling me the name and then I later found out that it was Joe (Kinnear), someone I didn't know at all.

"I have got to know him a bit now in his role as Mike's confidante where he gets asked: 'What does the manager need and what can I do for him?' and so far he has been very supportive. I have told him what I want and his job is to try and get it out of Mike.

"He is not involved at the training ground or in tactics and hasn't even offered me his opinion on those things, so I am comfortable with that and hope he can get the message to Mike on the one or two issues I think we need to address, one of which is more British players as we are starting to get filled up with too many foreign players.

"All Premier League managers are under real pressure from their board, from their owners, to get a strong Premier League finish because the finance and prestige for Premier League teams is such that that is the priority.

"So forget about everything else, that is the priority for the owners. But for managers, of course, it isn’t. Our ambition is to win trophies, so every competition we enter we try and win.

"When we were in the Europa League put some really strong teams, we got to the quarter-final and it was touch and go against Benfica, who nearly won it. We prioritised that.

"When it came round to the (domestic) cups we had awful teams to put out. As manager, I have to admit that. It wasn’t good enough for Newcastle.

"It wasn’t that I didn’t have them (players) in the background, they weren’t fit. We had a really bad run.

"This year, we want to win a cup, we want to win a trophy. Imagine Newcastle winning a trophy, no one would love that more than myself and for the fans. Our fans have been starved since '68.

"If we can reach the heights that we’ve done this year in certain games and certain periods in games, there’s no reason why we can’t win a trophy.

"We’ve got the resources this year to have a go in the cups. We’ve got a really good first XI and the XI underneath it is not far away, and that bodes well when you have to put those guys in to keep the team at the same level.

"So I feel a little bit more confident this year, certainly than I did last year, and we’re not far away, in my opinion, from the team that finished fifth in terms of quality.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

well some good news,
    we wont see guti this weekend as hes in argentina with a personal matter
    bad news no colo and the parsnip is still in charge

The thought of Saylor shambling around the pitch after Sturridge and Suarez fills me with dread.

Think we could get another thumping tomorrow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

The thought of Saylor shambling around the pitch after Sturridge and Suarez fills me with dread.

Think we could get another thumping tomorrow tbh.

Don't worry we have big mike beside him...

Hopefully with Debuchy and cabaye scoring for France might give us a boost for this one

Don't worry we have big mike beside him...

Hopefully with Debuchy and cabaye scoring for France might give us a boost for this one

Debuchy has been a liability this season too!

Strange how we all knew this would happen, one injury and we are in the crapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Debuchy has been a liability this season too!

Strange how we all knew this would happen, one injury and we are in the crapper!

Debuchy has been the biggest disappointment of all the signings for me. I thought finally a good footballer playing right back for us,what an upgrade on Simpson he will be.
    But unfortunately he looks like either giving away a penalty or getting sent off anytime I have seen him.
    I think not signing anyone was not only bad Incase of injuries but also competition for places.The likes of colo knows he won't get dropped because there's no one up to It to take his place and I reckon that might be another factor In why some of our previous star performers have not reached those standards again

Wary about the derby next week, they'll be a wounded animal after the hiding they took today, Poyet's first game they'll be going out fired up for it. Let's hope our lads can match their fire and let our ability do the rest.

Wary about the derby next week, they'll be a wounded animal after the hiding they took today, Poyet's first game they'll be going out fired up for it. Let's hope our lads can match their fire and let our ability do the rest.

Tbf they have been given a good roasting more often than not this season. Not sure if that will be a factor.

that said, a derby is a derby and the form book goes out the window...

We should be using a video of toast seasons home game as as motivational tool

It's a game that has the potential to change our (Sunderland's) season.

I'm still of the opinion that we're gone, but if we can win it perhaps the players will gain a bit of momentum and somehow go on a bit of a run. However, if we lose than it will be the straw that broke the camels back for every fan and probably the players too.

That said, I have no confidence in this set of players at all. If things go wrong (we go 1-0 down or are put under significant pressure) the players will cave and things have the potential to get very ugly and nasty between our fans and our players IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few unsavory incidents.

It'll probably be a scrappy draw that really does nothing for us in terms of staying up. I'd usually take a draw in every single derby, but a draw is as good as a loss now to be honest.

Paully D wrote: »
    It's a game that has the potential to change our (Sunderland's) season.

I'm still of the opinion that we're gone, but if we can win it perhaps the players will gain a bit of momentum and somehow go on a bit of a run. However, if we lose than it will be the straw that broke the camels back for every fan and probably the players too.

That said, I have no confidence in this set of players at all. If things go wrong (we go 1-0 down or are put under significant pressure) the players will cave and things have the potential to get very ugly and nasty between our fans and our players IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few unsavory incidents.

It'll probably be a scrappy draw that really does nothing for us in terms of staying up. I'd usually take a draw in every single derby, but a draw is as good as a loss now to be honest.

It doesn't look good at the min paully, if there are motivational issues for next week's game even after going a goal down I'd be extremely worried! It is a critical game. A whimpering defeat would be crushing for you. Can't see it though. A performance possibly more important than the result for both

autocorrect not helping in my last post :)

• Advertisement

A performance possibly more important than the result for both

Definitely for both! We are owed a big performance after the shambles the last time we met.

Definitely for both! We are owed a big performance after the shambles the last time we met.

An intriguing game as usual... pity it couldn't be between to sides gunning for it though...

I've just seen this script so many times before.

Team desperately needs a win, and along come Newcastle to grant their wish.

And Gus ****ing Poyet has broken our hearts so many times down the years I can't help shake the bad feeling I have. :mad:

It doesn't look good at the min paully, if there are motivational issues for next week's game even after going a goal down I'd be extremely worried! It is a critical game. A whimpering defeat would be crushing for you. Can't see it though. A performance possibly more important than the result for both

Unfortunately the team will give up if/when we go a goal down, so it's vitally important that we don't let it happen. We played well for an hour today but as soon as the first goal went in heads went down and we conceded another three in quick succession.

I don't think Sunderland can take heart in performances though. We need points. The 15 and 19 pointers actually played pretty well at times but ultimately weren't good enough to win points.

277106.jpg

Save those jokes for next Sunday if we win tbh.

Tempting fate.

• Advertisement

Save those jokes for next Sunday if we win tbh.

Tempting fate.

Fairly sure they will at least double their points tally on Sunday, get them in now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Slight chance of Coloccini making it. Could be a ginormous boost to the team that.

If he doesn't make it, and Saylor also fails to pass fitness test - I'd love to see three at the back with Anita placed just in front of the back four.

HOWAY!

If there's even a small chance of him being fit he should be in. He's had some massive games vs them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Forgot we were playing Sunderland tomorrow... Been more concerned with Bohs this season.

I ****ing knew it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement