Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I wonder what Southamptons foul count has been today.

Lucky to have 10 on the pitch. Shaw must have had 10 fouls alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Meh not the worst result in the world. They're a good side and you can't win every game. Ben Arfa should have been on sooner though.

Meh not the worst result in the world. They're a good side and you can't win every game. Ben Arfa should have been on sooner though.

Its not, but if we remained positive we could have taken all 3 points...

M5 wrote: »
    Its not, but if we remained positive we could have taken all 3 points...

I don't think it's just as simple as that though, they had a very strong spell, Lallana came on and got on the ball, Davis came into it and Rodriguez ran rings around our defence at times.

We need another striker though because when Remy doesn't score where will the goals come from?

Not a bad performance though, plenty of good performances. Debuchy and Anita were excellent.

...I still don't know how he's missed that. Not even hit the target. Amazing.

I don't think it's just as simple as that though, they had a very strong spell, Lallana came on and got on the ball, Davis came into it and Rodriguez ran rings around our defence at times.

We need another striker though because when Remy doesn't score where will the goals come from?

Not a bad performance though, plenty of good performances. Debuchy and Anita were excellent.

...I still don't know how he's missed that. Not even hit the target. Amazing.

It does follow the pattern though. That 20 mins after half time when we are leading is so predictable. If you give teams the space, they'll exploit it. Especially decent sides like Southampton. ..

He missed by a long way too. 6 ft wide. Had too many options possibly

Thought gouffran had a very good game too, going forward and tracking back

Yeah he was excellent, tired in the second half however.

Cabaye was missed today as good as Anita was. I think 4-5-1 would have been better for us today(Shola was ****e) and we wouldn't have been overrun for that 15-20 min spell Southampton had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Probably a fair result in all regards.

Southampton a tad unlucky not to have taken the lead at one point - Davis, and Rodriguez had their chances.

Overall, solid enough performance - Rémy with an inevitably off day, Anita very neat and tidy per usual (bar one or two dispossessions)

Seems to be a fantastic team spirit across the squad - just watching the pre-KO and all the guys hugging etc. Small little of things all contribute to a very determined, confident side.

HTL.

Has to be said there is a lot of parallels between us last season and how Spurs have performed this season. Relative to the money and players they have invested in, Spurs have been quite frankly, godawful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Has to be said there is a lot of parallels between us last season and how Spurs have performed this season. Relative to the money and players they have invested in, Spurs have been quite frankly, godawful.

spurs are actually a point ahead of where they were last season dont really think there are any parallels tbh, although i thought they would have performed much better with the investment feel sorry for avb

As for ourselves on a decent run atm some good results hopefully we can continue through xmas,
    interesting to hear percy say we were not under any pressure to sign anyone but he says that could help us in the market(code for no1 arriving me thinks)

I don't like the latest stuff from Pardew.

"We're in a good position so we're in no rush to do any business."

So we aren't signing anyone basically.

Marvellous.

• Advertisement

I don't like the latest stuff from Pardew.

"We're in a good position so we're in no rush to do any business."

So we aren't signing anyone basically.

Marvellous.

Lessons remain unlearned!

Krul, Debuchy, Willo, Colo, Santon, Anita, Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran

Hoping for a result today to keep up the momentum, they've improved a lot under Pulis though so it won't be easy.

Debuchy x2 should have done better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yesssssssssssssssss!!!!

Bloody hell. Trying our best to shoot ourselves in the foot

From composure to the wheels coming off in 2 mins. Jaysus.

Bwahahahaha

Time to take a step back now. 2 is loads ;)

Hopefully we fúcking give them a good hiding.

• Advertisement

Waiting for the inevitable Palace comeback and us holding on for dear life.

We know better than to expect anything else

Cabaye working his socks off today

6+ men behind the.ball when in possession :(

Ben Arfa would destroy Palace on their left wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

That_Guy wrote: »

Hope to see him come on in the next few minutes.
    Who to replace though?

• Advertisement

SHOLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA!!!

Morpork wrote: »
    Hope to see him come on in the next few minutes.
    Who to replace though?

Sissoko maybe? Gouffran helps at the back when Santon goes meandering forward.

Now that's how you arrive on the field.

So unlucky Gouffran.

Jesus this could have been a cricket score.

That_Guy wrote: »

Your not wrong

• Advertisement

Hatem with an instant impact. Holy crap.

Ben Arfa is just taking the piss out of Palace.

What a chance for Shola. ..

Hba with the goal!

Yessssssssssss

Well deserved. Good performance today.

Anyone who doubted the French lads have the stomach for it are silenced today.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O....

Decent performance. Palace really look to have problems up front. Cabaye and Debuchy were great and was hba when he came on.

Williamson looked suspect a couple of times with balls over the top. Hopefully it's a blip and not a.return to his previous form

Ben Arfa managed 16 touches, two shots on target and a penalty in his 11 mins today!

(from Lee Ryder)

Cabaye gets all the plaudits in the engine room but Anita is a serious unsung hero. He was excellent today. Neat and tidy and he's standing up to the physical side much better now.

Cabaye gets all the plaudits in the engine room but Anita is a serious unsung hero. He was excellent today. Neat and tidy and he's standing up to the physical side much better now.

Technically the best midfielder we have is Anita - I'm just finally glad Pardew has realised how important he is in front of the back four, myself and a few others have been harping on about it since last season!

So tidy, simple, smart passer - the perfect go-between for our defence and attack. Pre-season did him a lot of favours as well, he's bulked up a bit.

I remember a lot of people writing him off up until his starting performances this season, £7m seems a good piece of business now. Another one of Carr's good purchases.

Another solid win, and a good clean sheet :)

another good result and decent performance to go with it, next few games will come thick and fast, would hope for 7 points from our next 3 league games, arsenal will be tough but we should beat stoke on st stephens day and west brom away.
    then hopefully beat cardiff in the cup and i would be delighted.
    Maybe signing remy isnt out of the question considering we are in the tophalf and playing well, but we really need to look at our wage structure, not to compete with city united and even liverpool but to compete with southampton etc who shouldnt be gazumping us for any player we are after.
    Again it looks like we may be close to a position where we need to push on in terms of where we are as a club and cement ourselves in that top 6/7, hopefully some lessons have been learned and this time it happens

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    another good result and decent performance to go with it, next few games will come thick and fast, would hope for 7 points from our next 3 league games, arsenal will be tough but we should beat stoke on st stephens day and west brom away.
    then hopefully beat cardiff in the cup and i would be delighted.
    Maybe signing remy isnt out of the question considering we are in the tophalf and playing well, but we really need to look at our wage structure, not to compete with city united and even liverpool but to compete with southampton etc who shouldnt be gazumping us for any player we are after.
    Again it looks like we may be close to a position where we need to push on in terms of where we are as a club and cement ourselves in that top 6/7, hopefully some lessons have been learned and this time it happens

Yup, it's like a mirror image of the summer after finishing 5th when we stood still.

We have a great opportunity to push on but I don't expect us to bring in anyone and it will be another opportunity lost.

600652_10151808487495846_927041454_n.jpg

Merry Christmas lads :)

All bracing ourselves for the next cockup but going well so far this season.

Happy Christmas and a Black N' White New year to all!

89123940_l.jpg

Happy christmas and a happy new year lads,
    hope santa brings percy all the signings he wishes for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

thought Southampton were closer to United than that tbh

slingerz wrote: »
    thought Southampton were closer to United than that tbh

nope, 6 points behind "United"

Happy Christmas lads - just a few month months until this: ameobi.org

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like PSG want Cabaye:

David Amoyal ‏@DavidAmoyal 3m
    According to @lequipe Cabaye is Laurent Blanc's priority to bolster PSG's midfield

Absolutely brilliant player so no surprise.

Paully D wrote: »
    Looks like PSG want Cabaye:

David Amoyal ‏@DavidAmoyal 3m
    According to @lequipe Cabaye is Laurent Blanc's priority to bolster PSG's midfield

Absolutely brilliant player so no surprise.

Trust you to come along and ruin the mood.

They were after him in the summer too, nothing new there.

I'd say he'll be off in the summer tbh, but he won't be cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Happy Christmas lads! Hopefully celebrate another win or two before the new year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement