Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

@MSIDouglas

No striker incoming at #NUFC, it seems.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

WE ARE DONE!!!!!

@lee_ryder
    Lee Ryder
    #nufc Now been told Newcastle United have completed their business in the window.

Paully, ye can have Bendtner, he is woeful

Surprised no one has taken Sturridge on loan considering the options Chelsea have. Presume the Macheda thing was a load of crap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

bazual wrote: »
    Paully, ye can have Bendtner, he is woeful

He's not awful at all, but in fairness he's not as good as your new signing. Oh wait.......... ;)

Paully D wrote: »
    He's not awful at all, but in fairness he's not as good as your new signing. Oh wait.......... ;)

What are ya talkin about Santon is class :p

• Advertisement

What are ya talkin about Santon is class :p

I shouldn't speak too soon anyway as Bendtner isn't confirmed yet.

8 months to scout and get an adequate replacement for Carroll. Pardew is like a lamb to the slaughter once again. Why does he bother anymore?

David Craig reports that both deals fallen through. Newcastle come up short as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

So, the 35m for Carroll seemed to be spent well on finding a replacement.

‎"Every penny of the £35 million will be reinvested into the squad".... "We're weaker now than we were at this time last year. We need a left back and a striker".... "Judge us on the 1st of September".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

M5 wrote: »
    We tend to go for players that are never going to sign for us, bid half the players worth and if that fails offer them twenty quid a week....

Or maybe I'm just cynical

Cynical I am not....

Predicted Daniel Craig "worked really hard" echo again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Ruiz has signed for fulham.......kick in the teeth big time

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Ruiz has signed for fulham.......kick in the teeth big time

Supposedly we offered less money than Fulham, a club with Europe to offer,

Not a surprise at all really

Supposedly we offered less money than Fulham, a club with Europe to offer,

Not a surprise at all really

I am completely gutted about the Ruiz deal if it was ever on. Fulham have one hell of a player on their hands and we have Shola :mad:

7 minutes to the panic 15 million Nzogbia bid :eek:

Well, on the plus side, at least we didn't lose anyone else.

I am completely gutted about the Ruiz deal if it was ever on. Fulham have one hell of a player on their hands and we have Shola :mad:

Don't forget Best and Lovenkrands too...........Vidic and Ferdinand will be breaking out in a cold sweat when they see our strikeforce

TaosHum wrote: »
    Well, on the plus side, at least we didn't lose anyone else.

Supposedly Simpson was in talks with villa

Bendtner to Sunderland.

Bendtner to Sunderland.

*quakes in boots*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Ashley and Lamearse can go f*ckoff.

I can't believe you lot are surprised or angry.... surely the last 8 or so transfer windows would have been enough!

I can't believe you lot are surprised or angry.... surely the last 8 or so transfer windows would have been enough!

I'm just annoyed that Pardew would come out with quotes saying that we're signing a striker etc. Ugh, it's frustrating.

I'll be over for the next home game. I imagine the atmosphere will be quite hostile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm actually not that disappointed with the Transfer window.
    Cabaye could be a great buy, had a decent game against Fulham
    Obertan has some pretty decent skills and could come on good with game time
    Santon is a great replacement for Enrique and I think he can play RB(not sure though)
    Ba looked slightly better against Fulham, hopefully when settled will improve
    Elliot...who and why?
    Would have liked another Forward...

Nolan and Barton out, not really that bothered about Nolan, think Cabaye can fill his boots. Would have liked to keep Barton for the dressing room but was always gonna be leaving, might be better to just get it over and done with.

I know there are a lot of if,buts,coulds and hopefullies:) but isn't that a big part of Football....never a sure thing.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm just annoyed that Pardew would come out with quotes saying that we're signing a striker etc. Ugh, it's frustrating.

I'll be over for the next home game. I imagine the atmosphere will be quite hostile.

I'm annoyed that they've got in just one striker who is very average when the rest of our strikers are sh**. We needed a striker who would grab us a goal out of nowhere even when were playing bad,someone like darren bent,ameobi/lovenkrands and best need a few chances to actually score one goal.
    Cabaye is my favourite signing,did well to get him,Santon also should be good,Ba looks like he can improve,not a fan of Obertan at all,fast but completely headless

NUFC.com just hit the nail on the head

Back in January, the excuse was that they ran out of time and couldn't spend Liverpool's money. Fast forward to August and despite having earmarked a host of potential striking targets, we mysteriously failed to "get over the line" with any of them - or jettison any of the forwards currently on the books. Funny that.

Fully expect to see James beatie in black and white tomorrow

Joey on twitter
    Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

amazing how badly run the club is that when a former player criticises the club they are not reviled....

Joey on twitter

amazing how badly run the club is that when a former player criticises the club they are not reviled....
    That's rich considering that he joined QPR.. Absolute bellend.

• Advertisement

Great. So we are short in the CB position. An injury to Saylor or Colo and we are f*cked.

We have probably the worst RB in the Premier League, whose only competition is Raylor.

We are going into this season with Leon Best and Shola Ameobi being our two leading strikers.

Great job Ashley, Lamearse.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    That's rich considering that he joined QPR.. Absolute bellend.

TBH he was right to leave! Whether that was to his advantage or not is irrelevant! QPR have shown more ambition today than we have in 5 years....

Joey thinks Krul,Tiote,Jonas and Coloccini will be off within a year too........while he's prob right and as much as i liked the guy,i wish he'd kindly f*** off and leave us alone

Great. So we are short in the CB position. An injury to Saylor or Colo and we are f*cked.

We have probably the worst RB in the Premier League, whose only competition is Raylor.

We are going into this season with Leon Best and Shola Ameobi being our two leading strikers.

Great job Ashley, Lamearse.

The squad perfectly matches the ambition of a mid table club, get used to it! If we happen to unearth a decent player we will sell them on.

Im sick of saying it but this will not change until FCB p*sses off! Every bloody transfer window is the same. We think that NOW we will see the FCB master plan. We wont, this is it!

The squad perfectly matches the ambition of a mid table club, get used to it! If we happen to unearth a decent player we will sell them on.

Im sick of saying it but this will not change until FCB p*sses off! Every bloody transfer window is the same. We think that NOW we will see the FCB master plan. We wont, this is it!
    To be honest mate, I would be delighted with midtable. Inability to score goals on a regular basis leads to a relegation battle. Can you honestly look at our strikeforce and say to yourself "We should be alright for goals this season"?

To be honest mate, I would be delighted with midtable. Inability to score goals on a regular basis leads to a relegation battle. Can you honestly look at our strikeforce and say to yourself "We should be alright for goals this season"?

Thats the limit of our ambition, we probably wont realise that though. It will be a struggle this year and every year until this nightmare ends!

Our front line is awful, really the worst i have seen in 20 years supporting this lot.

• Advertisement

Ashley is taking down the Newcastle United from the stand and replacing it with a Sports Direct logo. Also, he's opening a bunch of Sports Direct shops in France soon.

There were rumblings over the summer that the 'Newcastle United' sign that currently sits atop the East Stand at St. James' Park is to be replaced with a Sports Direct Logo.

This is taking the fúcking piss at this stage.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=863&filename=dpgj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Pardew charged for improper conduct due to this comment before the derby game:
    'I hope ref officiates the game fairly, doesn't take Barton on his rep'.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

That looks like a photoshop. Taking it way too far if it's not though!

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »

I hope it's a photoshop. I've got a feeling there'll be something related to Sports Direct on that stand though.

Just want him to fúck off now. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Duff wrote: »

nope!

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-news/toon_fans_concern_over_letters_removal_1_3734326

I heard Stoke fans were at the Britannia launding the signing of Crouch as though it was out of this world. Extraordinary. I just do not understand football today at all. I'd have been f*cking livid if we'd signed him - I'd sooner pick Sammeobi than that gangly clown. In fact, I'd rather AMEOBI than Crouch.

I don't really know what happened this Summer. We signed some quality players above our station, in Cabaye, Santon and maybe even Marveaux. I just cannot work out how they couldn't, in 8 months, find a single decent striker. I'm fairly relieved we didn't get Maiga - I always felt our heart just wasn't in it. I think we genuinely wanted Gervinho, then Gameiro as plan b with Erdinc seen as a straightforward plan z. I don't think the club had a plan after that. Once those three were no's, Maiga was going to then represent a cheap deal - not that great a player, Sochaux with no money, should be able to rinse him out for 3-4m. Didn't happen - they wanted double figures. At that point, we had nothing left. Desperation crept in, but the Llambiarse stance remained the same - offering 50% of a players value, with no negotiation. Ruiz, I feel, was actually just bull****. We may well have "offered" £10m, but I suspect our contract offer was going to be utterly unacceptable - club had no interest in strikers at this point, this was a bit of showmanship to look like we were doing something.

I feel some sympathy for Pardew - he produced a list the board couldn't deliver on - but he has to be a little accountable here - we could never compete with Arsenal or Paris as we had to with Gervinho/Gameiro, and as soon as Erdinc made it clear he wasn't coming, at that point we should have perhaps looked outside of France. Do we give him & Carr the benefit of the doubt here? I just can't believe that Holland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal and even Belgium, Russia or South America don't have ONE player better than Maiga? Or that they did, but our 200 phone calls all resulted in us baulking.

I think I'm further disgruntled because if we weren't going to get this striker, why didn't they just invest in Pieters, a left back at home in the centre of defence, then called it a day? Again, fingers must be pointed at Llambiarse and questions need to be asked. Of course, they won't be. Our defence needs help - we're bereft a good right back (Santon, our lb, aside) and a left footed left back and don't have any substituted centre backs. Tiote's our only DM and Barton wasn't replaced either. There were positions that needed help and Derek ****ed up everywhere. How in the name of christ we're only going for Ridgewell at 10pm on the 31st Aug is absolutely beyond me, and how was he going to be a better bet than 23 yr old Dutch Intl LB Pieters??

The more I look at it, the more I f*cking hate it.

I am mystified as to how we didn't at least bring in Macheda, N'Gog or Bendtner - fair enough the No9 remains untouched, but at least we'd have numbers. All in all it's been a disaster for Pardew, who will be in the firing line for the majority of fans who just don't get it.

Pardew charged for improper conduct due to this comment before the derby game:

:rolleyes:

Disgraceful comments. He should be ashamed of himself.

I think Newcastle's approach to games this yr can only be stay tight at the back and nick a goal or two like the last 2 games.I'd even be tempted to leave ryan taylor on the pitch considering the threat he offers from free kicks.Our next 5 games are actually teams who are very beatable eg,wigan,qpr,blackburn.November will be a long month with everton,man utd and the noisy neighbours and good chance injuries will start to take to take place around that time.

It's very important that we pick up points from teams that will be around us come the end of the season. QPR, Villa and Blackburn are our next three games. It gets a little trickier after that.

I'd not be too disappointed with 5 points from these games. Blackburn are the ones we should be going all out to beat because... well they're the most beatable imo.

It's very important that we pick up points from teams that will be around us come the end of the season. QPR, Villa and Blackburn are our next three games. It gets a little trickier after that.

I'd not be too disappointed with 5 points from these games. Blackburn are the ones we should be going all out to beat because... well they're the most beatable imo.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't come away from qpr with anything other than 3 pts,in spite of the signings qpr have ade,their team still aint great.Blackburn definitely should be 3 pts,they've beat us the last 4 times at st.james's though,villa hopefully a draw.November has me worried most,the two manc teams away will be heavy defeats and everton will prob be turning the corner by the time we play them

Thank fúck for Sammy Ameobi.

Via Twitter:
    Can't wait for #fifa12 ...wonder if I'll look like the standard black guy they always produce for the lesser players lol

Mark Douglas:
    Seems communication from SJP is imminent.....

Communication is code for more bullshít peddling.

Club are working on a statement RE: Transfers according to @CaulkinTheTimes

Also, questions will be answered by the board in the Chronicle next week according to @lee_ryder.

It's a start.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement