Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ben Arfa must be so frustrating to watch every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

fullstop wrote: »
    Cisse was offside, no?

Taylor was flagged, Cisse was off but not active. Lineman raised flag when taylor became active

kryogen wrote: »
    Ben Arfa must be so frustrating to watch every week

Barely plays...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

M5 wrote: »
    Taylor was flagged, Cisse was off but not active. Lineman raised flag when taylor became active

He wasn't active, are you for real?! So the attempted bicycle kick was for ****s and giggles?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jesus thats unlucky for Krul

He wasn't active, are you for real?! So the attempted bicycle kick was for ****s and giggles?!

I repeat, the linesman raised his flag when TAYLOR touched it, that was seconds AFTER cisse made an attempt.... IF he had raised the flag then, it was for cisse. MAybe he waited for a few seconds for ****s and giggles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Can't fault Newcastle though. Just unlucky the whole night.

I repeat, the linesman raised his flag when TAYLOR touched it, that was seconds AFTER cisse made an attempt.... IF he had raised the flag then, it was for cisse. MAybe he waited for a few seconds for ****s and giggles?

It doesn't matter when he raised his flag, he made the correct decision. Maybe he gave himself time to make the right decision. I repeat, it was the CORRECT decision.

Nothing going for us, KRul makes a great save and the ball still ends up in the net via an unkind bounce

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter when he raised his flag, he made the correct decision. Maybe he gave himself time to make the right decision. I repeat, it was the CORRECT decision.

Wrong...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I don't think Newcastle are that unlucky, should not have 11 men on the pitch by now.

Would love Pellegrini to have celebrated in Pardew's face...like Pardew would

Wrong...

Explain how it was wrong. How was Cisse not active there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Ye have been robbed there lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If it turns out that the linesman only gave the decision after the man City players complained, then this seriously needs to be looked into.

Ref gave it offside the linesman only put flag up then after they spoke

Explain how it was wrong. How was Cisse not active there?

you say it doesn't matter when the linesman raises his flag... thats wrong, and you know it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dfx- wrote: »
    I don't think Newcastle are that unlucky, should not have 11 men on the pitch by now.

Would love Pellegrini to have celebrated in Pardew's face...like Pardew would

It sometimes goes wrong for him :pac:

ibbhA6df6AVg4G.gif

you say it doesn't matter when the linesman raises his flag... thats wrong, and you know it!

It was in the same phase of play and maybe a second after Cisse's swing, christ :rolleyes:

THe delight being shown for a hollow victory is quite stunning

It was in the same phase of play and maybe a second after Cisse's swing, christ :rolleyes:

THe second Taylor touches it, the flag goes up. That surely indicates Taylor is offside..

Much more likely that taking a quick nap and then raising it....

Have another look at it

Anyway back to the regular stuff. Thats 4 losses in a row for Pardew... The excuses book will be full today

• Advertisement

Pellegrini: "We didn't have any help of the ref today"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Anyway back to the regular stuff. Thats 4 losses in a row for Pardew... The excuses book will be full today

To be fair, 2 are against City and Arsenal. We played well against both as well. Let's see how we go from here.

To be fair, 2 are against City and Arsenal. We played well against both as well. Let's see how we go from here.

True. Tactically he got it wrong against WBA and Arsenal IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Thought we played quite well to be honest - decision to disallow Tioté's goal arguably one of the worst I've ever seen.

How good was Anita today? Fantastic on the ball, weaving away and keeping it simple.
    Cabaye put in a good shift too, but needs to tone down his temper at times - could have easily been shown a second yellow and off.

Rémy still lacking a bit of confidence - time and goals will heal that!

Steven Taylor did quite well for his first major bow in the 1st team against top class opposition - Williamson pretty solid again, and becoming an increasing danger in the final third which is positive to see.

Pardew's mouthing off to Pellegrini hardly surprising, but lacks class all the same.

Overall, a positive performance against a team that will likely win the league.

I suppose we were due some pay-back after that refereeing gift against Stoke City :pac:

HTL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Paully D wrote: »
    It sometimes goes wrong for him :pac:

ibbhA6df6AVg4G.gif

Keep up the bitterness, that's a good lad.

Pardew gets carried away sometimes, we don't need you reminding us every 5 minutes thanks.

Fuming too much to discuss the match. Joke.

Edit: In fairness Yanga should have been off. Dreadful tackle. The officials had a dire game, period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i felt we missed debuchy pushing down the flank, mbiwa tried to but he isnt very clinical with it

match reporters were saying something about cisse being sold to a qatar team?

didnt do a whole lot for the 20 mins or so he was on, remy was lost again also
    Doocey wrote: »
    Thought we played quite well to be honest - decision to disallow Tioté's goal arguably one of the worst I've ever seen.

How good was Anita today? Fantastic on the ball, weaving away and keeping it simple.
    Cabaye put in a good shift too, but needs to tone down his temper at times - could have easily been shown a second yellow and off.

Rémy still lacking a bit of confidence - time and goals will heal that!

Steven Taylor did quite well for his first major bow in the 1st team against top class opposition - Williamson pretty solid again, and becoming an increasing danger in the final third which is positive to see.

Pardew's mouthing off to Pellegrini hardly surprising, but lacks class all the same.

Overall, a positive performance against a team that will likely win the league.

I suppose we were due some pay-back after that refereeing gift against Stoke City :pac:

HTL!

Jonas has agreed personal terms with Norwich, dotting the I's and crossing the T's as we speak I assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Jonas has agreed personal terms with Norwich, dotting the I's and crossing the T's as we speak I assume
    Thats good news hope cisse moves on also, hope we can replace them with de jong or gomes and a winger(mcgeady wouldnt have been bad) should have chanced ben arfa earlier yesterday. Thought anita was having a good game should have left him on.

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Thats good news hope cisse moves on also, hope we can replace them with de jong or gomes and a winger(mcgeady wouldnt have been bad) should have chanced ben arfa earlier yesterday. Thought anita was having a good game should have left him on.

Talk of big money moves for CAbaye and Santon too. Would not be bothered if we knew for certain that the money would be re-invested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I dont expect to see any players coming in, sure we only need 7/8 more points and the season will be a complete success, survival for another year, no money spent, loads of free advertising what more do we want!

#theracetosafety

• Advertisement

Joe kinnear said they won't be bringing anyone in shur unless the deal is right and the player will improve the already healthy squad

ie. Slim to no chance of anyone

great news about Tiote not missing any games after his operation. Doctors successfully removed toure from his pocket this morning

He's been immense all season to be fair.

Player of the season for my money. Debuchy and Williamson(hah) run him close though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

I want players! Please please can we build on a promising 1st half of the season.
    Oh and bring Obertan out to a meadow and put the poor thing out of his misery

I want players! Please please can we build on a promising 1st half of the season.
    Oh and bring Obertan out to a meadow and put the poor thing out of his misery

No fear of it. We are exceeding targets. As much as I would like to see us build we know from experience that money will not be spent if that's the case. Position of strength in 5th squandered

De Jong for Cisse looks to be happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

De Jong for Cisse looks to be happening!

Think it could be a good deal for us

Lets hope Kinnear A) turns up at the right club B) pronounces his name correctly and C) signs the right player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Maybe its just Irish bias but I thought Shane Long could have been excellent for us. Gouffran mark 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good afternoon doom mongers. ;)

Think we might win today. Going for a 1-3 win myself.

Less of that optimism!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do us a favour lads!

If we play like we did against city we should be fine. Play liek against WBA however...

Paully D wrote: »
    Do us a favour lads!

looking to knick 19th off them? ;)

Look at the head on Carroll! Jasis!

• Advertisement

WHU doing exactly what you should do to beat us, closing down and giving no time on the ball. Lets hope its just opening bluster

MBwia has almost played Williamson in to trouble 3 times already!

Hard luck Remy, awful refereeing seems to have continued from the last game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Hard luck Remy, awful refereeing seems to have continued from the last game

Better not be another day like last. Still angry about that!

Morpork wrote: »
    Better not be another day like last. Still angry about that!

indeed...

In the game now, better side in the last 7/8 mins. 3 attempts

Jarvis ripping Mbwia apart

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement