Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Great FK!

we can relax! (for 2 mins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What a free kick.

3-1 is totally undeserved though. Unfortunate for WH that they had Carlton Cole and Andy Carroll upfront.

But who cares, badly needed 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good afternoon doom mongers. ;)

Think we might win today. Going for a 1-3 win myself.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I'll be heartbroken when he leaves!

Seeing Allardyce salty must be the highlight of the day.

First time we've beaten him since we sacked him?

Feels good.

• Advertisement

Over 90 mins we probably deserved the win(we actually played football) but that 2nd half performance was not good at all.

Feel sorry for WH fans stuck with that charlatan in charge. What a wretched brand of football he has them playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

701ea_ORIG-i_feel_so_dirty_o_655767.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What a performance from Yohan Cabaye, savour him while we can lads!

Poor second half performance though, invited too much pressure. Anita coming off was very questionable (again).

Anyway, onwards and upwards - another away win, another goal for Rémy and another £4m added to Cabaye's price tag :pac:

I see Rémy Cabella's father reckons he'll join NUFC as well, whether that's to crank up pressure in him from other clubs or not we'll have to see but I'd like to take it at face value!

HTL :)

Cabella played for Montpellier tonight anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Would people see coming 8th as being a successful season? By coming top of the mini league without the Big Teams we would show we are the best of the rest and maybe in the best position to go after the other 7 in the future,
    I say this as I don't think we are good enough yet to consider ourselves at the top table. Some brilliant results have fluctuated our points tally (then again some awful ones have held us back.)
    Having said all that only really Southampton could catch us as the rest are too far back, and even they're 5 behind now. Only a point behind United with them to come to SJP.
    I'd take 8th but given our situation I'd like to see us push united and maybe Spurs to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Would people see coming 8th as being a successful season? By coming top of the mini league without the Big Teams we would show we are the best of the rest and maybe in the best position to go after the other 7 in the future,
    I say this as I don't think we are good enough yet to consider ourselves at the top table. Some brilliant results have fluctuated our points tally (then again some awful ones have held us back.)
    Having said all that only really Southampton could catch us as the rest are too far back, and even they're 5 behind now. Only a point behind United with them to come to SJP.
    I'd take 8th but given our situation I'd like to see us push united and maybe Spurs to the end.

8th would be a very good season, anything above is over achieving as the 7 above us have spent more money and are really better than us right now.

The most pleasing thing for me is the football we are playing. We deservedly beat United, Spurs and Chelsea and were very unlucky not to take points off Arsenal and City. We are playing better than the season we finished 5th. It's more about the team play and less about Cisse sticking it in the top corner from anywhere. With 0 funds spent during the summer it has gone as good as we could have hoped for and I've gladly been proved wrong about us floating with relegation again:pac:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I think this has been a good season. I really can't stand the level of moaning that goes in in here, sometimes. We aren't a super rich club. We are doing pretty well, considering that.

We have done well this season, no doubt. The thing that frustrates me is that we have the ability and the finances to compete at a higher level (spurs/everton). With just a tiny little smidgen of ambition we could build from this position of strength or we will loose the better players, and regress as we did last year

I think this has been a good season. I really can't stand the level of moaning that goes in in here, sometimes. We aren't a super rich club. We are doing pretty well, considering that.

We are more than capable of competing with spurs and Everton, we lack the ambition to do that under current ownership. The lack of ambition and syphoning of of funds and blocking of potential revenue from the current ownership will lead to the likes of Cabaye/Remy leaving and we will waste another chance to attract a higher calibre of player.

And dont get me started on Pardew...

Its also only a matter of time before the next lurch by the club (its been about 4 weeks now, we are long overdue)

We're doing fine given the level of investment.

There is so much potential to do more though and early cup exits are infuriating.

Montpellier coach Rolland Courbis has urged Remy Cabella to shun a switch to Newcastle United, claiming 'they are not a big club'.

The Magpies are believed to be closing on a deal for the 23-year-old midfielder after a lengthy chase.

Cabella's father, Hector, recently claimed that a transfer is likely to be pushed through during the January window.

He told Actuafoot: "Yes we are negotiating for Remy and yes he will join Newcastle this winter."

Montpellier, though, have yet to confirm that an agreement has been reached and Courbis claims to have been blocked from discussing the matter.

He is, however, prepared to offer an opinion on the standards Cabella should be setting - and feels Newcastle come up short.

Courbis said after leading his side to a 2-0 victory over Sochaux on Saturday: "They are not a big club.

"And I hope another club tries to buy him.

"As a player I would not even want to spend a week there."

:pac::pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Montpellier coach Rolland Courbis has urged Remy Cabella to shun a switch to Newcastle United, claiming 'they are not a big club'.

The Magpies are believed to be closing on a deal for the 23-year-old midfielder after a lengthy chase.

Cabella's father, Hector, recently claimed that a transfer is likely to be pushed through during the January window.

He told Actuafoot: "Yes we are negotiating for Remy and yes he will join Newcastle this winter."

Montpellier, though, have yet to confirm that an agreement has been reached and Courbis claims to have been blocked from discussing the matter.

He is, however, prepared to offer an opinion on the standards Cabella should be setting - and feels Newcastle come up short.

Courbis said after leading his side to a 2-0 victory over Sochaux on Saturday: "They are not a big club.

"And I hope another club tries to buy him.

"As a player I would not even want to spend a week there."

:pac::pac:

There is definitely something in it so. Not the first time a coach in France has done this. Odd way to try to smoke out other teams though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Giving the quality in this squad, between 8th and 6th is Newcastle's level. I've been happy with the teams performances for most of the season and Pardew realising that this team is built to play football on the ground giving the talent at his disposal. Our performances in the domestic cups however hasn't been good enough under Pardew, which has continued this season. I want to see Newcastle lift a major trophy in my lifetime, so I'm not too impressed that we have been dumped out against inferior opposition the past four years.

As has already been said, with abit of ambition this team could be challenging for between 4-6. But giving the a few injuries leaves us stretched, I'm quite happy with 8th.

Lots of talk about a deal being done with PSG for Cabaye. Figure being mentioned is €26 million...

M5 wrote: »
    Lots of talk about a deal being done with PSG for Cabaye. Figure being mentioned is €26 million...

It would certainly explain our interest in Cabella...

But PSG aren't exactly stuck for creative midfielders, Veratti, Matuidi, Pastore, Motta, Lavezzi among others.

• Advertisement

It would certainly explain our interest in Cabella...

But PSG aren't exactly stuck for creative midfielders, Veratti, Matuidi, Pastore, Motta, Lavezzi among others.

Blanc is a long time admirer, hard to know really. Would be amazed if he's here in September anyway

M5 wrote: »
    Blanc is a long time admirer, hard to know really. Would be amazed if he's here in September anyway

For sure, I still think it'll be the summer though.

Highlight of the weekend surely;

:pac::pac::pac:

Highlight of the weekend surely;

:pac::pac::pac:

LOL, had forgotten that, brilliant! I'd say the most shocked person was Mike himself!

Just had a browse of the Sky Sports football app last night and saw Pardew commenting on Cabaye saying it'll be nervy times this window regarding a possible transfer for him.

He needs to shut the fúck up. He's been flaunting him all season thus far. Very annoying. Offer him a big contract and show some fúcking ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

If there is substance with the cabella talk then it's looking likely our kebab is on his way out

BArra wrote: »
    If there is substance with the cabella talk then it's looking likely our kebab is on his way out

Is that Cabella lad any use? I've never heard of him. Would rather Cabaye. He's been outstanding this season.

Is that Cabella lad any use? I've never heard of him. Would rather Cabaye. He's been outstanding this season.

He is good but a different type of player to Cabaye.

Frankly Cabaye is 27 years old and if PSG are willing to pay 26m it makes sense to take it really. He'll want to go and I can't blame him if he does.

I had a look on YouTube, he looks handy alright but as you say I would prefer if cabaye stays, but I just dont think Newcastle can hold onto him. If I remember he cost us 4.6 million, now rated 28 million! Ashley will cash in without doubt.

I also wonder does Ba regret leaving regular first team? Bench warmer for Chelsea though looks like he will get a few games now that Torres is injured...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

For Cabaye's sake I think he is best staying until the end of the season. Moving in January rarely breeds instant success and competition for places at PSG is stiff, so if he wants to get in the French team for the World Cup staying at Newcastle where he is currently in brilliant form would make sense.

Although, the lure of Champions League football and a league title may sway him.

BArra wrote: »
    I had a look on YouTube, he looks handy alright but as you say I would prefer if cabaye stays, but I just dont think Newcastle can hold onto him. If I remember he cost us 4.6 million, now rated 28 million! Ashley will cash in without doubt.

I also wonder does Ba regret leaving regular first team? Bench warmer for Chelsea though looks like he will get a few games now that Torres is injured...

Dennis! Is that you??

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

He is good but a different type of player to Cabaye.

Frankly Cabaye is 27 years old and if PSG are willing to pay 26m it makes sense to take it really. He'll want to go and I can't blame him if he does.

Read somewhere recently that he is 28 years old.

Crazy really, doesn't look it.

Mightn't be a bad time to cash in actually considering he is 28, although I will be absolutely sickened when he leaves :(

S'alright lads. Uncle Joe says he won't let anybody leave this January.

SS reporting cabella deal done, but he wont be joining until June...

So why can't we do that?

• Advertisement

Fair play to Sunderland. If your not in you cant win! If Sunderland do win we can add them to the other greats like Boro/Swansea etc who have won silverware since we have...

Could we see a Mackem in Milan?

PS, the United fans have crashed boards...

Fair play to Sunderland indeed, Wembley will be a nice experience.

Should City win, that would free up another Europa League spot... just putting that out there :pac:

..More interested in getting de Jong in the bag in Jan though! Reading between the lines, we've a deal sorted for Cabella for the summer, brilliant news if it is the case.

Fair play to Sunderland indeed, Wembley will be a nice experience.

Should City win, that would free up another Europa League spot... just putting that out there :pac:

..More interested in getting de Jong in the bag in Jan though! Reading between the lines, we've a deal sorted for Cabella for the summer, brilliant news if it is the case.

I'd rather the rumours about Siem de Jong were true tbh. He looked class when they played City in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Off to Newcastle tomorrow for the weekend. Trust me to pick the FA Cup weekend. Should've known we'd be bloody out straight away.

• Advertisement

Off to Newcastle tomorrow for the weekend. Trust me to pick the FA Cup weekend. Should've known we'd be bloody out straight away.

Next weekend would have been the one to go for!

Derby date rolled around at the wrong date for me this year. Stupid post-Christmas bills. Poxy.

Derby date rolled around at the wrong date for me this year. Stupid post-Christmas bills. Poxy.

Moving house that wknd too, first I have missed in a while (when i have been this side fo the Atlantic)

It's day like this I wish some billionaires would come and buy us and sign players like Mata.

:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Even Pilkington :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

So, Cabaye to be sold on deadline day and JFK will shrug his shoulders and claim there was no time to bring in a replacement?

£35m price-tag put on Cabaye - that'll do. The same as Andy Carroll, mind :pac:

I expect us to sign de Jong on loan next week, that'll probably be the January business though. Although, I get a feeling we'll sign some unknown Haidara-like player (reptuation, not position-wise) out of nowhere.

Doocey wrote: »
    £35m price-tag put on Cabaye - that'll do. The same as Andy Carroll, mind :pac:

I expect us to sign de Jong on loan next week, that'll probably be the January business though. Although, I get a feeling we'll sign some unknown Haidara-like player (reptuation, not position-wise) out of nowhere.

I would be delighted if that were to be re invested.

De Jong has said there have been no bids for him at all today.... :(

We'll sign nobody but Cabaye will go with fúck all time to sign anybody or so they'll say anyway.

It's far too predictable lads.

We'll sign nobody but Cabaye will go with fúck all time to sign anybody or so they'll say anyway.

It's far too predictable lads.

Just missing the 'over the line' spiel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement