Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

That_Guy wrote: »
    We'll sign nobody but Cabaye will go with fúck all time to sign anybody or so they'll say anyway.

It's far too predictable lads.

I'd be surprised if this did happen. Doubt Cabaye will go this window though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Reports today suggest that Remy has turned down the chance to join full time despite the clubs agreeing a fee. Also more stories of a release clause, this time in Cisses contract. The clause is 6 million and becomes active at the end of the season.

To be left with Shola as our only striker looks a distinct posability, What a joke that 2 strikers could potentially walk away for a total of 6 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Considering his age and form , I dont see anyone paying £6m for Cisse.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Considering his age and form , I dont see anyone paying £6m for Cisse.

Really?

News from France that PSG are in negotiations with nufc and cabaye

NUFC have turned down a £14m bid for Cabaye from PSG - what a disgraceful bid from the French.

Clearly a ploy to unsettle him. Not happy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Doocey wrote: »
    NUFC have turned down a £14m bid for Cabaye from PSG - what a disgraceful bid from the French.

Can't he leave in the summer for £6million anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Pathetic.

Promise him he can leave in the summer, 25m. No problem, thanks for the 3 years, good luck to ya.

M5 wrote: »
    Really?

Would you?

29 come June and currently behind Ameobi for playing time. If he was gone tomorrow he wouldn't be missed given his contribution this season, even though the club only has two other recognised strikers.

• Advertisement

Cissé reportedly turned down £100k a week as well.

I really hope he can reestablish himself at Newcastle, we all know he's a great finisher. I've a feeling Rémy won't move permanently and Cissé will fill the gap next season by scoring 25 goals :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I really cant see the point of keeping cisse although he had an amazing first 6 months the guy just aint up to it, no pace, awfull first touch, terrible positional sense(or maybe just doesnt understand what offside is) and tbf his finishing just aint great either, how many great chances has he missed in the last 18 months?

Bin him tbh.

I'd take 6m for him tomorrow.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Would you?

29 come June and currently behind Ameobi for playing time. If he was gone tomorrow he wouldn't be missed given his contribution this season, even though the club only has two other recognised strikers.

Doubt very many other managers would drop him after he had just knocked in a couple. Especially for Ameobi!!!

Bizzare that he was dropped if you ask me. He may not be on form but he has still comfortable scored more and contributed more than Shola!

Has been treated woefully by Pardew in fairness. Despite ripping the premier league apart, pardiola decided to effectively drop him and stick him on the wing. He never recovered from that TBH
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bin him tbh.

I'd take 6m for him tomorrow.

I'd certainly sell, but 6 million is selling ourselves short! Well short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Doesn't really matter how much we sell any players for thou, the money is just leaking out to mikes back pocket! Really depressing to see us selling our best knowing the money won't be reinvested. Oh well!

Salmon wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter how much we sell any players for thou, the money is just leaking out to mikes back pocket! Really depressing to see us selling our best knowing the money won't be reinvested. Oh well!

Whatever about the volume of money being reinvested in new players etc, but are people actually still of the mindset that Mike Ashley pocketing it for himself?

The guy is a billionaire ffs! A few million quid here and there is not eye-watering for the man. He's worth £2.3bn at the last check!
    He has plenty other businesses that he keep tabs on, with NUFC effecitvely another business added on to that.

Whatever money the club take in on players, it stays in the club — I'm convinced of that.

Can I ask you this Salmon or anyone for that matter, which of our best players have we sold in the last 4-5 years?

Andy Carroll?! Kevin Nolan?! Jose Enrique?! Joey Barton?! Danny Simpson?! Leon Best?! Demba Ba?! (The guy left on his own accord without doubt) Wayne Routledge?! Sebastian Bassong?! Obafemi Martins?! Damien Duff?!

I don't get this lark of selling our best players, because we haven't.

Yohan is going to leave eventually, there's nothing we can do to stop that. He's 28 years old and vying for Champions League football. If we can get £25m for him and he plays his football in Ligue 1 then I have no problem with that.

Cabella is likely to arrive in the summer, ultimately someone will be signed to replace the outgoings.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what happens between now and the end of the window. I doubt Cabaye will go this window.
    Hopefully we'll have de Jong in the door in the next couple.

• Advertisement

Whatever about the volume of money being reinvested in new players etc, but are people actually still of the mindset that Mike Ashley pocketing it for himself?

The guy is a billionaire ffs! A few million quid here and there is not eye-watering for the man. He's worth £2.3bn at the last check!
    He has plenty other businesses that he keep tabs on, with NUFC effecitvely another business added on to that.

Whatever money the club take in on players, it stays in the club — I'm convinced of that.

Can I ask you this Salmon or anyone for that matter, which of our best players have we sold in the last 4-5 years?

Andy Carroll?! Kevin Nolan?! Jose Enrique?! Joey Barton?! Danny Simpson?! Leon Best?! Demba Ba?! (The guy left on his own accord without doubt) Wayne Routledge?! Sebastian Bassong?! Obafemi Martins?! Damien Duff?!

I don't get this lark of selling our best players, because we haven't.

Yohan is going to leave eventually, there's nothing we can do to stop that. He's 28 years old and vying for Champions League football. If we can get £25m for him and he plays his football in Ligue 1 then I have no problem with that.

Cabella is likely to arrive in the summer, ultimately someone will be signed to replace the outgoings.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what happens between now and the end of the window. I doubt Cabaye will go this window.
    Hopefully we'll have de Jong in the door in the next couple.

Yes. Simple reason.free advertising on a global scale while holding the club to ransom with the 111 million debt never being repaid to keep hold of the asset. If you think he's in it for.any other reason your niave

He wants to keep the club where.it is as cheaply as possible. That's the sole goal and it's obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Leon Best was mint though.

Yes. Simple reason.free advertising on a global scale while holding the club to ransom with the 111 million debt never being repaid to keep hold of the asset. If you think he's in it for.any other reason your niave

He wants to keep the club where.it is as cheaply as possible. That's the sole goal and it's obvious

I never disputed that, nor did I suggest his actual motives for owning the club.

For what it's worth, I think he went neck first into buying the club without knowing what it entailed and found out when it was too late. (Relegation etc)

My point was that he isn't 'pocketing' transfer fees..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Doocey, I admire your positive attitude towards Newcastle United but at this stage you're coming across as a bit of an Ashley apologist.

Ashley doesn't care about ambition. He cares about money and that's it. NUFC to him is a business and has treated it's customers like absolute shíte. The difference between NUFC and "normal" businesses is that fans will continue to support the team and not the regime. It's a vicious cycle. In supporting the team, the cash flow from match day revenue still makes it's way to Ashley's pockets and the squad is being run on the cheap.

Some of the signings have been fantastic and credit to the scouting network but the club is going nowhere fast under Ashley. It's easy to say in hindsight that the players we've sold haven't exactly lit the world on fire elsewhere and this trend of buying cheap and selling big will continue because the club has the mentality of, "ah sure, we're not competing with the top teams in the division so we can afford to sell off our players and still remain in the league".

Profit, profit, profit. Blah, blah, blah.

Fans don't see any of this profit and we certainly don't see huge investments back into the squad in the hope that we'll have a bit of success which is all we want. God forbid we should actually play at a higher level. We're 2 or 3 signings away from having a real shot at European football again. Why can't we put a priority on getting there?

It seems that Ashley/Pardew are content to have us floundering mid-table.

Once Ashley can have his free SD advertising on a global scale then that's all that matters isn't it?

I'm not happy for us to go out and spend massive amounts like the Shephard era but how regularly are we going to unearth a Cabaye-esque type player on the cheap?

It's hard to know what Ashley's long term plans are with this club because he doesn't talk with the fans. Just does what he wants. As far as I'm concerned, his long term goal is to maximise profit for himself and is fit to run the club as cheaply as possible and he knows he can get away with it because the punters will come back again and again.

Doocey, I admire your positive attitude towards Newcastle United but at this stage you're coming across as a bit of an Ashley apologist.

Ashley doesn't care about ambition. He cares about money and that's it. NUFC to him is a business and has treated it's customers like absolute shíte. The difference between NUFC and "normal" businesses is that fans will continue to support the team and not the regime. It's a vicious cycle. In supporting the team, the cash flow from match day revenue still makes it's way to Ashley's pockets and the squad is being run on the cheap.

Some of the signings have been fantastic and credit to the scouting network but the club is going nowhere fast under Ashley. It's easy to say in hindsight that the players we've sold haven't exactly lit the world on fire elsewhere and this trend of buying cheap and selling big will continue because the club has the mentality of, "ah sure, we're not competing with the top teams in the division so we can afford to sell off our players and still remain in the league".

Fans don't see any of this profit and we certainly don't see huge investments back into the squad in the hope that we'll have a bit of success which is all we want. God forbid we should actually play at a higher level. We're 2 or 3 signings away from having a real shot at European football again. Why can't we put a priority on getting there?

Once Ashley can have his free SD advertising on a global scale then that's all that matters isn't it?

I'm not happy for us to go out and spend massive amounts like the Shephard era but how regularly are we going to unearth a Cabaye-esque type player on the cheap?

It's hard to know what Ashley's long term plans are with this club because he doesn't talk with the fans. Just does what he wants. As far as I'm concerned, his long term goal is to maximise profit for himself and is fit to run the club as cheaply as possible and he knows he can get away with it because the punters will come back again and again.

Fair enough. That said do you honestly believe that there is not one company on the planet who does not want the advertising space currently being "showcased"? Surely some company somewhere could make.an offer?

Potentially that is worth 10s of millions every year. It's. Not being sold for the simple reason that it's far more profitable for MA to use it. The money from potential advertising could easily pay off the interest free loan, right? Again that does not suit as the millstone around the club's neck stops any potential takeover. So long as the club remains self sufficient it will remain and so will MA.

its all terribly simple unfortunately, no conspiracies, just business

*meant to quote Doocey not TG. on mobile so can't fix.

Oh and we sold Ba recently....

• Advertisement

Would not be too upset if Cabaye goes for PSG for a decent sum of money. (I know the price is irrelevant due to the above). I have a nagging suspicion that he wont be replaced though which would effectively mean we would be waiting to see how many places we drop for the remainder of the season. Genuinely hope i'm wrong but experience tells me otherwise

Fair enough. That said do you honestly believe that there is not one company on the planet who does not want the advertising space currently being "showcased"? Surely some company somewhere could make.an offer?

Potentially that is worth 10s of millions every year. It's. Not being sold for the simple reason that it's far more profitable for MA to use it. The money from potential advertising could easily pay off the interest free loan, right? Again that does not suit as the millstone around the club's neck stops any potential takeover. So long as the club remains self sufficient it will remain and so will MA.

its all terribly simple unfortunately, no conspiracies, just business

*meant to quote Doocey not TG. on mobile so can't fix.

Oh and we sold Ba recently....

Lads I agree with most ye're saying, but again, I'm just not of the opinion that Mike Ashley pockets our transfer fees. Money stays in the club.

But yeah, it does look like Ashley has a tendency to use SJP and the training ground for free advertising.

I want Ashley to show ambition as much as you folks, but surely we all know the workings of MA at this stage?

NUFC wanting at least £20m for Cabaye, I won't be too disappointed if we can get at least £22m and he ends up in France.
    According to Mark Douglas, there's a couple of plans in place should he leave, one of which includes Clement Griener.

I would be more excited about the prospect of Grenier than Cabella, so if we pulled that off (unlikely) I'd be very happy.

We've been in this situation in January before, so we know the drill. Just have to sit back and see what happens lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Pardew has came out saying it he is not confident on keeping cabaye past january, inviting interest i suspect:(

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Pardew has came out saying it he is not confident on keeping cabaye past january, inviting interest i suspect:(

Unsurprising. I've said before in this thread that he's been essentially plugging him a lot this season. "He's a world class player" i.e "come on lads. Stump up the cash"

He's a great player and we should be doing everything to hold on to him. Won't blame him for leaving though in the summer if a club with actual ambition wants him.

Sure we nearly have 40 points lads its grand.

**** this club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Apparently PSG have increased their bid to 19 million for Cabaye. They seem to think they are in competition with Man Utd for his signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

greendom wrote: »
    Apparently PSG have increased their bid to 19 million for Cabaye. They seem to think they are in competition with Man Utd for his signature.
    Thats 19m euros, terrible offer hope he doesnt sell for that way below his value plus after world cup he should be worth alot more

Seems like he's off to Paris, subject to a medical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Deal agreed. He's off..

L'Equipe is saying that Newcastle have bid 13 million for Grenier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

A but sure we'll have a replacement lined up and signed otherwise why sell with 4days of the window to go ... oh wait, yes thats right we are NUFC and have JFK working on incoming deals ... what could go wrong?!

Cock.

any idea what e paid for cabs origionally?

Personally, if he has to leave, I'd much rather he moved abroad than to the Arse or Manure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Debuchy next to want out I'd say..

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    any idea what e paid for cabs origionally?

Personally, if he has to leave, I'd much rather he moved abroad than to the Arse or Manure

Around the 4m mark anyway.

Joe Kinnear two days ago: "No Newcastle United player will leave this month"

What a toss pot.

What a toss pot.

Perhaps Kebab is still in the squad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Sickened. Going to PSG and not seeing him week in/week out with another English team will make it a bit easier to swallow.

What a toss pot.

he probably mis-spoke(as we know he does on a regular basis) and meant

"No player will join Newcastle United this month"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

feck sake :(

was hoping he would stay until the summer

• Advertisement

What a toss pot.

Comical Ali had more credibility then him.

Oh, btw ....did we not buy him from Lille?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yohan_Cabaye - check out his club list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

So who will fill the gap that we already have? Maybe we'll see a bit more of ben arfa? Or Sissoko moving to the middle? Has he played there much?

Sad to see him go. One of the best players I've ever seen in black and white. Technically gifted, with fantastic vision and never shriked his defensive duties.

Deserves to be at an ambitious club with high expectations. Wish him all the best.

As for what he leaves behind.......nothing changes. Big club with zero ambition and run to make a profit for Ashley.

Beekay wrote: »
    So who will fill the gap that we already have? Maybe we'll see a bit more of ben arfa? Or Sissoko moving to the middle? Has he played there much?

Dan Gosling. ;)

I think we'll see Ben Arfa moved back onto the right with Sissoko playing in an advanced position behind the striker at a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Villa fan here, feel sorry for ye that Cabaye is leaving. Despite the fact ye stole him from us :P Really enjoyed watching him play though, what he did looked effortless at times. Grenier would be a good signing if ye get him though.

• Advertisement

Ugh... That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Grenier, Cabella and De Jong......NOW PLEASE!

Grenier, Cabella and De Jong......NOW PLEASE!

Good look with that

Luuk DeJong having his medical according to reports in Germany:
    SKYSPORTS wrote:
    Newcastle may be about to lose Yohan Cabaye but it looks as though they are set to make a signing as well, with Borussia Monchengladbach announcing that Luuk de Jong is not training today because he is on his way for a medical with the Premier League club.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Luuk DeJong having his medical according to reports in Germany:

Lee Ryder just tweeted that he is in Newcastle right now having a medical

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement