Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

This is ****ing brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Another inexplicable non free from Foy!!!

Why is Krul taking that FK????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Awful second half. Just awful.

Just think lads, another 4 months of this gash to endure!

Our players just refuse to attack crosses. It's infuriating.

Sissoko should have been throwing his head at that ball.

No luck in the first, usual shabby second half drivel, awful refereeing and a quite frankly unprofessional sending off. Rubbish

29 crosses, 3, yes 3!!! hit their target

Should have been over at half time.

2 points down the drain.

**** this day.

• Advertisement

Saturday's gonna be a long and tedious 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

A 'substantial' bid made for Grenier according to Sky Sports, lets hope OL accept!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

What's a a 'substantial' bid from Newcastle these days? Half a tin of baked beans?

Funny the way an undisclosed bid is immediately leaked to the press this morning to appease fans and of course it remains undisclosed, because of how insulting it probably is..

Yes, I am feeling slightly cynical this morning :cool:

What's a a 'substantial' bid from Newcastle these days? Half a tin of baked beans?

Funny the way an undisclosed bid is immediately leaked to the press this morning to appease fans and of course it remains undisclosed, because of how insulting it probably is..

Yes, I am feeling slightly cynical this morning :cool:

Cynical but accurate!

I'm forever the optimist and when someone like yourself starts talking sense I just put my fingers in my ears and go LALALALALALALALA

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

If we pull of the Grenier signing, I'll be unbelievably pleased. Grenier would have been my choice over Cabella, but I thought us landing Clement was never a possibility.

Didn't see any of last nights game, gonna have a look at the highlights now,

Doocey wrote: »
    If we pull of the Grenier signing, I'll be unbelievably pleased. Grenier would have been my choice over Cabella, but I thought us landing Clement was never a possibility.

Didn't see any of last nights game, gonna have a look at the highlights now,

Very frustrating.

Game should have been done and dusted at half time and then the Pardew effect kicked in on time during the 2nd half.

So annoyed with Remy red, sensible thing to do would have been to give both players a yellow, Remy should not have reacted to the provocation in the first place.

Only positive is that we really controlled the majority of the game without Cabaye.

• Advertisement

So.... that Loic Rémy likes hitting the woodwork eh? :pac:

From what I saw, Ben Arfa looked energised. Could be a big opportunity for him to stake a claim!

BfKUTW4IYAEtWxx.jpg

It hurts. It hurts so much :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

No need for that Moneymaker :p

Here's a better one.

0,,10278~12557796,00.jpg

Sign Grenier and Luuk's brother and i'll feel better.

Reality is we'll probably sign some random Championship midfielder for 50p and a half peeled orange.

Cabaye: ‘We agreed I could leave in January’

Kinnear: ‘No player will be leaving this month!’

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »

ComicalAli.jpg

What the faak you on about you caannnts, Cabaye is going nowhere awright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

good to see de jong in, problem is another loan signing, if he performs well we wont be able to sign him in the summer anyway, catch 22 should have probably taken a punt and signed him outright
    as for Grenier cant see us offering enough to sign him
    M5 wrote: »

Not suprised at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I saw charlie adam mentioned earlier ....

I'll have to unfollow this thread again if that materialises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

cadete wrote: »
    good to see de jong in, problem is another loan signing, if he performs well we wont be able to sign him in the summer anyway, catch 22 should have probably taken a punt and signed him outright
    as for Grenier cant see us offering enough to sign him

Not suprised at all!

All foreign loans are required to have an option to buy in them at the end according to Niall Quinn who would have had experience of this issue when at Sunderland. Clubs get round it by including ridiculous purchase fees if they want the player back but De Jong's is reportedly £8m.

Paully D wrote: »
    All foreign loans are required to have an option to buy in them at the end according to Niall Quinn who would have had experience of this issue when at Sunderland. Clubs get round it by including ridiculous purchase fees if they want the player back but De Jong's is reportedly £8m.

My point being that if he does well bigger clubs ie fulham villa and southampton will be able to match the fee and offer much better wages

Clement Grenier: ‘I have not got a lot to say on that subject. I am not aware of all that (Newcastle negotiations). I have lots of objectives I need to achieve this year with Lyon. I can nearly say that I will not be going to Newcastle.’

cadete wrote: »
    My point being that if he does well bigger clubs ie fulham villa and southampton will be able to match the fee and offer much better wages

The fee at the end of a loan is agreed between the club involved, no one else...

TBH we are taking a risk on this lad, much more than Remy! Its the right deal

I honestly dont know why we loaned remy he should have been signed permanently when we had the opportunity but instead he was loaned, at the end of the season we will only have 1 reconised senior striker at the club with 2 loan deals expiring and shola being out of contract, can we expect the club to bring in 2 more strikers who are familiar with the league and who are not a risk? not a hope! whoever we get outta the bargin bin will have to do and keep our fingers crossed it works out.
    the fee might be agreed between the clubs in de jongs case but supposidly a fee is agreed with remy aswell but he scores goals puts himself on the shelf and will move to a club who will pay alot more than us, I can see the very same happening with de jong if he does well which could very well happen

If there was a "deal" to let Cabaye go, why was there no replacement sourced in the previous 4 weeks of the window? Infuriating, clearly a money saving exercise given our lofty league position.

Latest chat from Grenier: "I haven't confirmed that (I will be staying at Lyon). You know in football things change very quickly."

We need to up the bid and seal a deal for this fella. Lyon will sell, Grenier would make the move and he could light up SJP. Really, really hope it happens.

• Advertisement

We've all seen this before lads.

Lowball bid, other club tells us where to go and than the usual 'over the line' spiel when we sign nobody.

Remy ban upheld, Johnson ban overturned.

What the actual ****?

Joke.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Remy ban upheld, Johnson ban overturned.

What the actual ****?

Joke.

Nothing surprises me anymore tbh.

Blame Pardew. Fool accepted the ban and the appeals it?

In other news. Grenier has said once more he will not be joining. Probably offered him 5 grand a week and a bag of chips.

"the conditions of his departure did not create a favorable environment to flourish."

Oh well. Just failed to get him over the line again. Surprise surprise

I think something that is indicative of our transfer business ...

SSN havent had a reporter at SJP for the last 3, if not 4 transfer window deadline days

We'll get nobody in and an inevitable suspension/injury to Tiote/Anita will happen on Saturday.

Greniers agent now basically saying offer was insulting. So we accidentally agree a fee and offer derisory wages. Modus operandi for this shower. We all know the drill.

Very tempted to walk away from all this bull sh1t. No benefit what so ever to me any more. Just makes me angry. Doocey we all predicted this ****e, what do you have to day now?

The only time we will spend money to strengthen under this regime is when relegation is a possibility. Other than that Ashley gets his free world wide free advertising and pockets whatever profits the club generates

It's shít M5 but walking away? It just can't be done. It's too hard to walk away when it's basically a part of you much like the blood in your veins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Seriously considering taking a break myself, I used to enjoy the yearly trip to a match but in the last three years or so I cant bring myself to buy a ticket off this leech (MA)! I always said i'd wait for ashley to sell up before I go again! I must admit I am still a fan, and couldnt see myself ever leaving the toon army or stopping watching the live TV games, but I may begin to look elsewhere for an annual trip to a match. Might take the rest of the year off to assess my options, I'm Sick of the direction the club is going in and feel that it is starting to turn me off the game I really love watching............This could be the long goodbye.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ha'way lads, all this talk of walking away and taking a break, you know well it's not possible.

As Bobby Robson said:
    What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Any of ye been to the Ha'penny Bridge Inn to watch a game? I believe it's where a lot of Irish Toon fans congregate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Despite all this being predictable bull**** I for one won't be walking away, don't post here much anymore but am still very much a massive fan of Newcastle, this will be the first time in three years I'm not going to SJP for the derby, but it's because I've a family holiday and best friends wedding to save up for.

I felt Cabaye would go in the summer, but not surprised he went now. I also knew there wouldn't be a replacement for him, with one day left I have absolutely no faith in the management to sign someone, the club is just too ****ing mean. So we'll just have to get used to being a midtable club at best until we are bought out by someone with ambition, it's not nice but as That Guy said, it's like the blood running through our veins, I watch every match Newcastle play every season, and that's not going to end.

If we did manage to sign someone tomorrow of note, I will be going on a massive bender to celebrate!

It's a tacky advertising board at the moment, which I could live with. The lies, weekly embarrassing cock up, and mostly the chronic lack of ambition tell me that we need some time apart. Might not be possible for all the reasons you mentioned lads. Far too many days like yesterday, filled with lies and horse sh1t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

That_Guy wrote: »
    Any of ye been to the Ha'penny Bridge Inn to watch a game? I believe it's where a lot of Irish Toon fans congregate.

Been to the pub itself a few times but never to a Toon game there
    I know years ago(when we were in the champions league) the supporters club met in The Vaults and later Kitty Keirnan's
    Is it the Ha'penny now?

The Master wrote: »
    Been to the pub itself a few times but never to a Toon game there
    I know years ago(when we were in the champions league) the supporters club met in The Vaults and later Kitty Keirnan's
    Is it the Ha'penny now?

Was in the vaults a few times myself. Champions league days!

• Advertisement

Has there been any attempts to organise a 'beers' for us NUFC fans? Could be a good idea!

Has there been any attempts to organise a 'beers' for us NUFC fans? Could be a good idea!

Tomorrow would have been the game to go for, the derby and the last meaningful game of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

No replacement for Cabaye, actually just f*** this club

Ok

Im making a promise to myself.

Ignore twitter until 11pm tonight. Get over the disappointment of not signing a replacement. Concentrate on beating Sunderland.

......nnnnnnow!

Ok

Im making a promise to myself.

Ignore twitter until 11pm tonight. Get over the disappointment of not signing a replacement. Concentrate on beating Sunderland.

......nnnnnnow!

but did you see the tweet from Kalou?:cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement