Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Now would be a perfect time to bring someone in, no pressure whatsoever on the new man, months to evaluate all the players and identify weaknesses and their replacements. Also half a season to implement playing style etc.

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

If someone did come in it could lift the dressing room although with the man at the top still there, its probably not going to happen.

With two heavy defeats in our next two, not unlikely, it could happen..

That said, if last season is not enough to get you sacked, I'm not sure what is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I'm surprised so many of yis would be happy to replace Pardew with Laudrup. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the day to see the back of Pardew, but what has come about about Laudrup in the wake of his sacking is very off putting IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

TaosHum wrote: »
    I'm surprised so many of yis would be happy to replace Pardew with Laudrup. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the day to see the back of Pardew, but what has come about about Laudrup in the wake of his sacking is very off putting IMO.

I'm not up to speed on this kinda stuff at all ...

Just start with alledgedly and type away mad! ;)

Edit:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/media/184353/michael-laudrup-leaves-swansea-amid-rumours-of-dressing-room-cliques-poorly-timed-trips-to-paris-and-general-ill-discipline.html

THIS?

Alledgedly ;)

Indeed, the Daily Mirror have gone big today with some fascinating, though possibly exaggerated, insight into life at Swansea under Laudrup – claiming that chairman Huw Jenkins became increasingly frustrated with his manager’s lack of interest in the day-to-day grind of club management and that he finally pulled the trigger when Laudrup gave his players two days off and then, if you’ll excuse the pun, swanned off to France for a mini break earlier in the week, just days after his side had lost a relegation scrap against West Ham.

Despite a fairly decent 18 months in charge at the Liberty in which the club reached the knockout stages of the Europa League, won the League Cup and finished 9th in the Premier League, it would appear that Laudrup’s on-field success was masking a chaotic mess which was slowly sporing behind the scenes.

Mirror scribe John Cross also reports that, as well as the fractious breakdown in relations between Jenkins and Laudrup on Tuesday, a “lack of discipline, dressing room bust-ups and cliques” were all rife at the club:

“The cliques at the training ground had become so bad that a rule had to be introduced that only three Spanish players were allowed to sit at each table when the squad had lunch.

“The players complained Laudrup was aloof, not interested in training and even refused to take sessions when it was raining.

“When they went to Dubai for a training camp, the only rules enforced were that the players had to be on the bus for 11am and back on it by 1pm.

“Much of the training camp was spent drinking. The players wanted discipline – and did not get it. And that was typical of Laudrup’s reign.”

He also claims that several player delegations went straight to Jenkins to complain about Laudrup’s slap-dash approach, as well as his lack of both training and discipline.

However, whether he’s guilty of misconduct, a convenient scapegoat or somewhere in between, Laudrup will reportedly be receiving a pay-off worth approximately £4.5million from Swansea for his troubles – so it’s hard to feel too sorry for the bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I read that, allegedly, Laudrup sleeps naked under an oxygen tent, that he believes gives him sexual powers!

b3kxuJR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Isn't that a prerequisite for all successful managers.....
    Anyway, he can't be that bad to do what he's done with Swansea, lazy or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

pardew wont be sacked, not a hope, last years 1 win in 15 proves that no run of bad results will get him booted out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why would he be sacked?

He's the perfect man for Ashley.

Totally spineless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why would he be sacked?

He's the perfect man for Ashley.

Totally spineless.

That and he's great at hawking off our best players by constantly putting them in the shop window.

Was not aware of the Laudrup stories...

Funnily enough Laudrup has been sacked in circumstances that Pardew survived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Coach Willie Donachie has been suspended for "striking a player" according to Lee Ryder.

Paully D wrote: »
    Coach Willie Donachie has been suspended for "striking a player" according to Lee Ryder.

Farce of a club!

Remi streete the recipient. Could think of one or two more deserving tbh

• Advertisement

Tiote out for a month :rolleyes:

M5 wrote: »
    Tiote out for a month :rolleyes:

Ah FFS ....!!!

In other news Newcastles pass completion rate to rise while possession loss %s are expected to drop considerably in the next month.

Pardew 'sad to see joe loose his job'

Is he for real?!

Paully D wrote: »

Resigned.

"Inteesting" lineup according to Lee Ryder. We all know what happens when Pardew tries.to be clever!

• Advertisement

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, S.Taylor, Dummett; Anita, Santon; Ben Arfa, Sissoko (c), Sammy Ameobi; de Jong.

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, S.Taylor, Dummett; Anita, Santon; Ben Arfa, Sissoko (c), Sammy Ameobi; de Jong.

Three full backs?

Three full backs?

Santon in MF. TBH i wanted to see him in that position, cant be much worse than MArv.... Will also provide better cover.

Sammy a waste of space and De Jong hardly fit. Bare bones, result of abject failure in the transfer window

Ah lads its grand we have loads of good players just waiting for a chance.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

How does Marveux not start ahead of sammy ?

Least Ameobis On the bench...Super Sub :/

Useless up top, terrible in MF, woeful at the back.

Wonder what the patsy will have to say :rolleyes:

Sure we should be winning those games. Away to the leagues best team.

That was a classy outfit we got beat by toda!

Sure we should be winning those games. Away to the leagues best team.

whoosh, another point over your head!

your right though, I had forgotten about our stunning performance last week against a team in the relegation zone

whoosh, another point over your head!

your right though, I had forgotten about our stunning performance last week against a team in the relegation zone

Rules go out the window for derbys. Even a drooling, knuckle dragging football fan knows that.

;)

• Advertisement

Rules go out the window for derbys. Even a drooling, knuckle dragging football fan knows that.

;

Cardiff, Norwich?

you should probably check your stats on the NE derby too matey! Form absolutely does not go out the window. Thats a "knuckle draggers" myth!

I'm just trying to have a bit of banter lads. I don't mean anything malicious by it. But I can see how it might be taken the wrong way, so ill cut it out.

I'm just trying to have a bit of banter lads. I don't mean anything malicious by it. But I can see how it might be taken the wrong way, so ill cut it out.

An alternative view point has been sadly lacking here. Diverse opinions are welcome and valued of course!

Different expectations, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I actually don't think we played that badly today - SAMeobi impressed me, hopefully its the start of his rise on the big stage.

Luuk de Jong is a couple of games away from being completely match fit and ready for the EPL, but some good early signs of his movement and ability to spot a pass/bring others into play (Sammy's effort at the end that nearly crept in)

All in all, Chelsea were superb going forward - Hazard a different class. Mbiwa was foolish in his rugby tackle, clearly thinking of the 6 Nations at this moment in time..

It's basically as we expected it to be; Chelsea being a team on form, and us being quite the opposite at the moment.

Thumbs up to AP for the experimentation of Santon on the wing, he didn't play too badly either.

We're only going to get better, but there was no stopping Chelsea today.

Different expectations, I think.

I'm not expecting to win leagues TBF. I would like to see us have a go in the cups and at least when we do have a good season to attempt to push on. It may not work but at least we tried! Neither of those things will happen under Ashley!

We are probably in the correct league position for us on average plus or minus a place or two but we have failed to build from a position of strength twice under Ashley and have regressed badly, once to the point of just avoiding relegation. I fear that we are again heading in that direction when the addition of 1 or two decent players in key positions this season could have seen us perhaps pushing for a european place or a cup run....

is that too much to expect?

Doocey wrote: »
    I actually don't think we played that badly today - SAMeobi impressed me, hopefully its the start of his rise on the big stage.

Luuk de Jong is a couple of games away from being completely match fit and ready for the EPL, but some good early signs of his movement and ability to spot a pass/bring others into play (Sammy's effort at the end that nearly crept in)

All in all, Chelsea were superb going forward - Hazard a different class. Mbiwa was foolish in his rugby tackle, clearly thinking of the 6 Nations at this moment in time..

It's basically as we expected it to be; Chelsea being a team on form, and us being quite the opposite at the moment.

Thumbs up to AP for the experimentation of Santon on the wing, he didn't play too badly either.

We're only going to get better, but there was no stopping Chelsea today.

Thought Santon played in DM? He was directly at fault for the second. Got spun by Hazard and faile dto track him afterwards.

Sammy did ok.

yes, a game we were always unlikely to win, but we were very flat in the second. Defeated with barely a whimper a la Sunderland/Cardiff Norwich. Its that that worries me, not today per say!

I'm not expecting to win leagues TBF. I would like to see us have a go in the cups and at least when we do have a good season to attempt to push on. It may not work but at least we tried! Neither of those things will happen under Ashley.

We are probably in the correct league position for us on average plus or minus a place or two but we have failed to build form a position of strength twice under Ashley and have regressed badly, once to the point of just avoiding relegation. I fear that we are again heading in that direction when the addition of 1 or two decent players in key positions this season could have seen us perhaps pushing for a european place or a cup run....

is that too much to expect?

No, but I think Jan is a difficult time to buy. I'm reserving judgement until the summer. If we don't sign in the key areas we need, then you are right.

No, but I think Jan is a difficult time to buy. I'm reserving judgement until the summer. If we don't sign in the key areas we need, then you are right.

Yup, you said that before alright! I distrust the owner so much that I am sceptical we will do anything. More than likely we will make one signing (a striker) and see how we get on. Then if relegation is a danger invest heavily in January (as we did last year)

I hope not mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Thought Santon played in DM? He was directly at fault for the second. Got spun by Hazard and faile dto track him afterwards.

Sammy did ok.

yes, a game we were always unlikely to win, but we were very flat in the second. Defeated with barely a whimper a la Sunderland/Cardiff Norwich. Its that that worries me, not today per say!

He certainly appeared there quite a bit, but he struck me as a winger overall, particular hugged the touchline towards the end of the second half.

Sunderland performance very worrying, agreed. That came as result of completely avoided midfielder and opting for long-ball though IMO. Passing game is the game that the squad want to play and are well capable of - just need to fine tune against after losing Cabs.

Doocey wrote: »
    He certainly appeared there quite a bit, but he struck me as a winger overall, particular hugged the touchline towards the end of the second half.

Sunderland performance very worrying, agreed. That came as result of completely avoided midfielder and opting for long-ball though IMO. Passing game is the game that the squad want to play and are well capable of - just need to fine tune against after losing Cabs.

Would like to see Sissoko regain the form he had when he arrived first, would be the perfect tonic to loosing Cabaye. He was awful today though and pretty bad against Sunderland too. The stats look bad though when you compare with/without Cabaye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Well in the summer we lose shola, remy and dejong for certain, leaving 1 striker, cisse
    colo santon tiote and ben arfa(last year of contract) look likely to have clubs chasing them and possibly debuchy also,
    we must replace cabaye and sign at least 1 striker and keep what we already have,

I think we are in serious trouble as a club and really worry if big changes dont happen in the summer we might be making a return to the championship.

cadete wrote: »
    Well in the summer we lose shola, remy and dejong for certain, leaving 1 striker, cisse
    colo santon tiote and ben arfa(last year of contract) look likely to have clubs chasing them and possibly debuchy also,
    we must replace cabaye and sign at least 1 striker and keep what we already have,

I think we are in serious trouble as a club and really worry if big changes dont happen in the summer we might be making a return to the championship.

Looks like we are trying to flog Cisse too....

With the crap results we've had, DoF disasters, coaches assaulting players, ....

I cant even enjoy taking the piss out of Man. United misfortunes!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    With the crap results we've had, DoF disasters, coaches assaulting players, ....

I cant even enjoy taking the piss out of Man. United misfortunes!

I can.

• Advertisement

Pardiniho
    "All the players that have come here have improved - I can't think of one who hasn't - and that's the most important thing when you are looking at your coaching strategy, and we take that forward."

Does he actually watch our games?

Does he actually watch our games?

Spouting on about how he want to win something for the fans too. Cringe-worthy stuff considering its not the policy of the club to compete in the cups and that's the only route open to us atm!

He has made some dumbfounding statements this year, looks like the PR team actually tell the lad what to say, which further reduces his credibility!

Managers are basically like politicians. They'll say anything to cover their ass. Even blatantly untrue statements.

Managers are basically like politicians. They'll say anything to cover their ass. Even blatantly untrue statements.

absolutely! Its insulting to the fans intelligence all the same...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement