Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

as predicted lads, get ready for another 10+ games like this.

Worryingly, sissoko and De Jong apart the players have given up. ONly one way to sort that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He has to be sacked. Now.

Who replaces him though? I'd be very surprised if Laudrup would work under Ashley.

I stopped watching after the third went in so didn't see the others.
    Grim time to a be a Toon fan.

7 defeats in 9. Only scored in 2 of those. Conceded 10 in last 3. Not scored for 4.

Doocey wrote: »
    Who replaces him though? I'd be very surprised if Laudrup would work under Ashley.

I stopped watching after the third went in so didn't see the others.
    Grim time to a be a Toon fan.

only a mercenary or a patsy will take the job. Need chemo, not surgery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Even Doocey finds this grim... Shít has really hit the fan.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Even Doocey finds this grim... Shít has really hit the fan.

i'd normally thank that post but not today, too annoyed at the depressingly predictable nature of this.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

6 hours & 10 minutes since we scored at home. We were 3 points behind Liverpool not too long ago, if they hold their result we're 16 points behind them. Somebody somewhere needs their arse kicked.

its good to see that being able to focus on the league is reaping rewards!

The manner and magnitude of the defeats are just as bad as the relegation season, the 35 points that we already accumulated being the only difference.

No sacking then, so there wont be any now.

Beginning to regret not walking away after the Sunderland game, there is NO light at the the end of the tunnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Basically that decent run we had last year is what will keep us up...

• Advertisement

its not nufc anymore lads... this is the future sdfc holds for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Basically that decent run we had last year is what will keep us up...

Carried by Cabaye and Remy. One of who is sold and one who won't be staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Some thoughts ....

1) Keep loosing 3-0 and 4-0 and the likes West Ham, Palace, Sunderland wont be long catching up with us ...
    2) It's worrying how average our players look ... sure we sold cabaye but there were 10 other players on the pitch when he was there ...
    3) Ben Arfa need watch some Robert/Solano video's and START CROSSING THE DAMN BALL!
    4) I'm supporting NUFC 20years and we still havent learned how to defend!!

5) I actually have no idea who should replace Pardew but FAAAAQ get him sakced already!

Question:

(lets pretend ashley allows in a new managers and give them some freedome) If a young (continental?) manager was brought in to replace Pardew and made it clear that he wants to rebuild the squad, buy young talents and sell for big sums and buy talents again - but he was upfront that that would be how he'd run thing .... would people find it easier to take than what is happening currently?

I just don't know anymore mate. I don't know what can be done at this point. I want Pardew gone but who's to say Ashley won't simply get another Yes man in?

I'm so disillusioned with everything. My dad has supported them close to 50 years and he barely watches anymore. :(

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Some thoughts ....

1) Keep loosing 3-0 and 4-0 and the likes West Ham, Palace, Sunderland wont be long catching up with us ...
    2) It's worrying how average our players look ... sure we sold cabaye but there were 10 other players on the pitch when he was there ...
    3) Ben Arfa need watch some Robert/Solano video's and START CROSSING THE DAMN BALL!
    4) I'm supporting NUFC 20years and we still havent learned how to defend!!

5) I actually have no idea who should replace Pardew but FAAAAQ get him sakced already!

Question:

(lets pretend ashley allows in a new managers and give them some freedome) If a young (continental?) manager was brought in to replace Pardew and made it clear that he wants to rebuild the squad, buy young talents and sell for big sums and buy talents again - but he was upfront that that would be how he'd run thing .... would people find it easier to take than what is happening currently?

Fully fit, I think the current squad has the potential to perform much better than this, not top 6, but not these run of results either. The buck must stop with the coaching staff here, I think. For recent form, I mean.

Recent form is the last 2 seasons though bar about 10 games.

Even the 5th place season we had a lot of narrow, unconvincing wins and took some hammerings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

would people find it easier to take than what is happening currently?

No i personally wouldnt, this whole system of buying cheap is great but consistantly losing our best players is not good enough,
    were a JOKE of a club goin nowhere under pardew and ashley and will never go anywhere as long as we are under current ownership!
    We are a revenue creating club who supply free advertising that is all we are and all we can ever be under these w**kers

Is it too much to hope that the club you follow would even try to win something???

Ashley OUT

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/grant.miles/680743/is-this-the-end-of-the-line-for-alan-pardew-at-newcastle-united

I actually think that Pardew may go today. He would make a great fall guy an possibly deflect away from Ashley for a while. ..

Several good points in the article above.

P's just one of the players who are on twitter commented on the game. That was Sammy who just said "sorry". Evidently the senior pro's don't have a backbone between them. Steven Taylor even closed his account! We have win 1 game and conceded a lot with him in the team ad he closes HIS account...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

EntireLastDodobird.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

irishmover wrote: »
    EntireLastDodobird.gif

Sniper:confused:

I didnt see that on MOTD highlights last night

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/grant.miles/680743/is-this-the-end-of-the-line-for-alan-pardew-at-newcastle-united

I actually think that Pardew may go today. He would make a great fall guy an possibly deflect away from Ashley for a while. ..

Several good points in the article above.

P's just one of the players who are on twitter commented on the game. That was Sammy who just said "sorry". Evidently the senior pro's don't have a backbone between them. Steven Taylor even closed his account! We have win 1 game and conceded a lot with him in the team ad he closes HIS account...

Sammy was probably our best player too.

Taylor can just go and hope into the Tyne river. Utter tool and ****e defender.

sooo, another 3-0, 4-0 hockeying at the w/e and surely Pardews positions becomes untennable? :rolleyes:

sooo, another 3-0, 4-0 hockeying at the w/e and surely Pardews positions becomes untennable? :rolleyes:

It already is but he won't be sacked as long as there's no danger of relegation.

mmmh, they way we are going ...

10. NUFC 37pts,
    17. W.Brom 24pts
    18. Sunderland 24pts

=> thats 13pts differnence, if they get 4 more wins than us between now and the end of the season iot puts them 1 draw behind us ... I think on current form relegation is still a real and present danger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was reading the Sky Sports football app in college and saw that Pardew called the players in on their supposed day off.

"We were unbalanced and second best all night"

Yeah, and whose fúcking fault is that Pardew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mmmh, they way we are going ...

10. NUFC 37pts,
    17. W.Brom 24pts
    18. Sunderland 24pts

=> thats 13pts differnence, if they get 4 more wins than us between now and the end of the season iot puts them 1 draw behind us ... I think on current form relegation is still a real and present danger.

There's absolutely no chance you will go down, none. You would have an exceptional chance of staying up even if you didn't take another point this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

irishmover wrote: »
    EntireLastDodobird.gif
    Must be something in the water up in toonland. That was just like Steven Taylor when he did that deliberate handball on the line (against Villa?) and cracked on that he'd been hit in the ribs by the ball in an effort to avoid the inevitable red card. It was embarrassing watching it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Must be something in the water up in toonland. That was just like Steven Taylor when he did that deliberate handball on the line (against Villa?) and cracked on that he'd been hit in the ribs by the ball in an effort to avoid the inevitable red card. It was embarrassing watching it at the time.

That’s a very informative and insightful input, I look forward to your next observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

the likes of Santon/Debuchy/Ben Arfa had decent reps when they joined Newcastle but they havent performed consistently well.

Coaches fault or players fault? I think its probably a combo of both but i believe that if the player has the talent and fails to perform over a concerted period of time then its them to blame rather than the manager.

No joking here but if Newcastle could attract a manager like Benitez then they would be doing a hell of a lot better.

• Advertisement

Looks like the players have had enough at this stage (not saying I agree with it mind). Pardews reaction is laughable, what did the club expect, constant hawking of our best players by pardew, selling our best players and more often than not, failing to replace them (Demba Ba has STILL not been replaced).

I'm guessing that many of these players have been fed the company line of ambition etc etc. They like the fans are seeing the rhetoric for what it is.

There will be an exodus this summer. The decent players will bugger off and we will be left with the ones that cant find a similar contract elsewhere. I'm guessing we can probably forget about signing players from France as the current set of players will surely warn off any potential new signings! PErhaps that explains Cabella and Grenier?

In other news, I see that Benitez is better than Pardew and every dive ever recorded was by a Newcastle player, something about the water or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Looks like the players have had enough at this stage (not saying I agree with it mind). Pardews reaction is laughable, what did the club expect, constant hawking of our best players by pardew, selling our best players and more often than not, failing to replace them (Demba Ba has STILL not been replaced).

I'm guessing that many of these players have been fed the company line of ambition etc etc. They like the fans are seeing the rhetoric for what it is.

There will be an exodus this summer. The decent players will bugger off and we will be left with the ones that cant find a similar contract elsewhere. I'm guessing we can probably forget about signing players from France as the current set of players will surely warn off any potential new signings! PErhaps that explains Cabella and Grenier?

In other news, I see that Benitez is better than Pardew and every dive ever recorded was by a Newcastle player, something about the water or something :rolleyes:

The thing is, quite a number of them are tied into long contracts. Look what happened when Colo tried to get out it. Unless clubs are prepared to come in and put in acceptable bids, then most of them are going nowhere.

They're trapped, like us all.

blueser wrote: »

Congrats on the worst and most pointless post in this entire thread.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Congrats on the worst and most pointless post in this entire thread.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Try winding your neck in and look at the context in which that post was made. It was a reply to the embarrassing playacting by a Newcastle player the other night. And, the last time I looked, this IS the Newcastle thread. And can I add my congratulations to the ''door'' comment. My neighbour's 9 year old son would be proud of it.

Try winding your neck in and look at the context in which that post was made. It was a reply to the embarrassing playacting by a Newcastle player the other night. And, the last time I looked, this IS the Newcastle thread. And can I add my congratulations to the ''door'' comment. My neighbour's 9 year old son would be proud of it.

We know. We saw the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

And can I add my congratulations to the ''door'' comment. My neighbour's 9 year old son would be proud of it.

Fair play to you, you really let him have it there!

• Advertisement

Mmmm excellent piece of input, delighted to see a city "fan"(ex chelsea or united i presume) in here to share your oh so enlightened views, thanks!

That incident happened so long ago it was almost in black and white. It's as relevant as discussing citeh's second division exploits in the context of this year!

cadete wrote: »
    Mmmm excellent piece of input, delighted to see a city "fan"(ex chelsea or united i presume) in here to share your oh so enlightened views, thanks!
    Born and brought up in Manchester, about 5 minutes walk from Maine Road. Been following City since the early seventies. However, thanks for your ''excellent piece of input''.

Born and brought up in Manchester, about 5 minutes walk from Maine Road. Been following City since the early seventies. However, thanks for your ''excellent piece of input''.

city_zps2b7b90a5.jpg

Did a Geordie beat you up and steal your lunch money or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

You're some man for talking shíte

To those on here that I have upset/annoyed, I genuinely apologise for having done so. It was never my intention to do so. Please forgive me. By the way, I'm not bullsh1tting about my background. Thanks, and once again; sorry.

Sports Direct news hawking hba Debuchy and remy today....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Sports Direct news hawking hba Debuchy and remy today....

Don't you mean Football Direct News? :pac:

For what it's worth lads, I actually worked for SportsDirect News as a freelancer for a bit of 2013. In my opinion, there's no link between the club and the site and I don't think such articles are intended for such a 'hawking' purpose. Then again, who knows.

Plenty of talk that the club have started negotiations with Rémy and Cabella again, but hard to believe it. If either (especially Cabella) continue their run of form, it's hard to see him joining us. However, I did get the feeling in January that we had agreed a deal for the summer (Montpellier president confirming this before backtracking).

Anyway, let's fookin hope for an improved performance next time out.

Remy cleared of rape charges too.

I look forward to seeing him scoring goals for someone that is not Newcastle United next season.

Good piece from Michael Martin. Pretty fair summary of the times;

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/thru-black-white-eyes-love-now-16feb14/

Some of the rags today suggested that Ashley is looking to sell. Anyone see anything like that?

Some of the rags today suggested that Ashley is looking to sell. Anyone see anything like that?

One can only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He won't even consider it unless he gets his £267m which he has loaned to the club back.

Paully D wrote: »
    He won't even consider it unless he gets his £267m which he has loaned to the club back.

He wouldn't get it all back at once, necessarily. But you'd wonder who would want a club with that kind of debt owed to one individual.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement