Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He has overtaken Moyes as 2nd favourite for the next manager to get the chop.

Only Pepe Mel is ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Lapin wrote: »
    He has overtaken Moyes as 2nd favourite for the next manager to get the chop.

Only Pepe Mel is ahead of him.

21to10 with Betfair. 4to1 Betvictor if you can get a bet with them.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

I think they'll sack him. As far as i can make out they've been looking for an excuse to sack him despite reasonable football results. He may have crossed someone in charge there at Newcastle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Paully D wrote: »
    If Ashley wanted to sack him with minimum compensation he could do it any time he wants to be fair. His contract states that he only has to be paid one year of money if dismissed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-pay-off-from-newcastle-united-1503097

im well aware of how his contract works. 1 years compensation for poor performance vs much less if anything over something that damages the club are two very different decisions to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

And to think so many of us secretly wanted the odd loss to get rid of Pardew ... And then he goes and practically hands in a resignation letter by butting a fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ashley won't sack him.

Hefty fine and 6 game touchline ban or so and that'll be the end of it.

Any other job he's fired on the spot for gross misconduct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What's even more incredible apart from the actual Pardew incident is the true amount of time Paully_D spends in the Newcastle forums and chatting about the Toon -- despite having a cup final tomorrow.

You should be on the beer rather than frequenting our thread!!

Doocey wrote: »
    What's even more incredible apart from the actual Pardew incident is the true amount of time Paully_D spends in the Newcastle forums and chatting about the Toon -- despite having a cup final tomorrow.

Your thread? No, it isnt.

This is the thread for talking about Newcastle, end of.

He's obsessed. Common theme among mackems.

Part of me actually hopes Sunderland do it as it might provoke some thoughts in Mike Ashley and the clubs "attitude" to cup competitions.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Your thread? No, it isnt.

This is the thread for talking about Newcastle, end of.

Why do you feel the need to make a post like that?

I've never seen you post here before until today.

Another mackem?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to make a post like that?

I've never seen you post here before until today.

Another mackem?

Do you think this thread is for Newcastle fans for for people on this forum to talk about Newcastle?

I've made posts in here before not that it matters.

• Advertisement

Do you think this thread is for Newcastle fans for for people on this forum to talk about Newcastle?

I've made posts in here before not that it matters.

Well, Arsenal fans talk about Arsenal in the Arsenal thread, Man U fans talk about Man U in the Man U thread.

Spot a pattern?

And you've made 7 posts in total in this entire thread. 4 of which were today.

But anyway, Pardew won't be sacked. As far as Ashley is concerned Pardew is meeting his "targets" and is a perfect yes man so he's going nowhere.

Well, Arsenal fans talk about Arsenal in the Arsenal thread, Man U fans talk about Man U in the Man U thread.

Spot a pattern?

And you've made 7 posts in total in this entire thread. 4 of which were today.

Dont other fans talk about clubs in their relevant superthread regardless of who they support. I think you'll find this the case.

Again, my post count in this thread is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Lads, this is yawn inducing.

Dont other fans talk about clubs in their relevant superthread regardless of who they support. I think you'll find this the case.

Again, my post count in this thread is irrelevant.

Of course they do. But you'll find 99% of posters actually support the club.

Why you're taking umbrage with that fact is beyond me, honestly.

And i'm done. Peace out.
    Lads, this is yawn inducing.

You don't say.

Are we undefeated in the yellow kit still? They should start wearing it at home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm a huge sports fan and post on lots of different clubs forums on here and many other sports forums such as the American Football and Basketball forum too. As a Sunderland fan I will obviously have lots to say regarding Newcastle, hence why I post in here. If it was only Newcastle fans allowed to post in here it would be pretty boring. In fact, it would consist of everyone giving out about Pardew and Ashley before you go against popular opinion trying to come across as superior.

"Our thread" though :pac: Get over yourself FFS.
    He's obsessed. Common theme among mackems.

I'm obsessed? The vast majority of your fans want your manager out primarily because he hasn't managed to get a win against Sunderland in five attempts and because we got to a cup final. This is despite the fact he has finished 5th two years ago and will finish comfortably top 10 this season, likely top 8, while we will probably be relegated. What set of supporters rip their city to shreds after every derby defeat? Throw season tickets in their managers face? Aye, but we're the ones who are obsessed :rolleyes:

You lot would be happy finishing 19th every season as long as we finished 20th.

Anyway, I won't bother posting in here any more. Cheers for the 6 points this season and enjoy your biggest game of the season, which is tomorrows cup final. Even if we go down you lot will still deem this season a failure purely because you lost to us twice and we reached a cup final, which says it all about who is "obsessed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

enjoy the championship

• Advertisement

I was just going to laugh off your silly rant but i'll indulge you.

I'm obsessed? The vast majority of your fans want your manager out primarily because he hasn't managed to get a win against Sunderland in five attempts and because we got to a cup final. This is despite the fact he has finished 5th two years ago and will finish comfortably top 10 this season, likely top 8, while we will probably be relegated.

Wrong. We want shot of him because he's a spineless, unlikable coward who fails to get the best out of his players or causes them to regress(Cisse, Sissoko, Santon, Anita, Ben Arfa, Marveuax).

We want shot of him because he's afraid to question his boss and is only interested in saving his own skin. We beat Chelsea and he dedicates the win to Ashley? Pathetic pandering.

We want shot of him because of his embarrassing behavior time and time again on the sidelines.

We want shot of him because of his atrocious cup record and the fact he doesn't care. The fact Sunderland managed to do so shows it CAN be done.

We are where we are in SPITE of Pardew. Not because of him.

His derby record is simply one reason of many.
    What set of supporters rip their city to shreds after every derby defeat? Throw season tickets in their managers face? Aye, but we're the ones who are obsessed :rolleyes:

Fairly sure you lot have done similar down the years. Not that it's relevant. Idiot fans at every club.

Nope. The better the NE clubs do the better it is for all of us.
    Anyway, I won't bother posting in here any more. Cheers for the 6 points this season and enjoy your biggest game of the season, which is tomorrows cup final. Even if we go down you lot will still deem this season a failure purely because you lost to us twice and we reached a cup final, which says it all about who is "obsessed."

Cute. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Good luck tomorrow.

I'm a huge sports fan and post on lots of different clubs forums on here and many other sports forums such as the American Football and Basketball forum too. As a Sunderland fan I will obviously have lots to say regarding Newcastle, hence why I post in here. If it was only Newcastle fans allowed to post in here it would be pretty boring. In fact, it would consist of everyone giving out about Pardew and Ashley before you go against popular opinion trying to come across as superior.

"Our thread" though :pac: Get over yourself FFS.

I'm obsessed? The vast majority of your fans want your manager out primarily because he hasn't managed to get a win against Sunderland in five attempts and because we got to a cup final. This is despite the fact he has finished 5th two years ago and will finish comfortably top 10 this season, likely top 8, while we will probably be relegated. What set of supporters rip their city to shreds after every derby defeat? Throw season tickets in their managers face? Aye, but we're the ones who are obsessed :rolleyes:

The irony in that post is overwhelming.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just for balance, I've never had a problem with Paully posting in here. His posts are generally fair regarding the club & supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Am I the only one who thinks it's not a huge deal? Like it's obviously stupid and he deserves a bit of a ban but he just over reacted in the heat of the moment, in fairness players do it all the time so it stands to reason a manager could do it an odd time too but calls for him to be sacked etc just over this are way OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'd give him 5 games and a big fine.

• Advertisement

No, he didnt propperly butt him ...

Yes, he's now lost the moral highground when it comes to disiplining players.

In my opinion it is a big deal .... if he had swung a pung at the player (and connected - because his headrub did connect) would it still be much to do about nothing or if he had spat at the player?

Just because he doesnt 'propperly' headbutt the player doesnt make it a lesser matter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

100k fine and an official warning given by Newcastle club.

I'm sure the FA will add to that.

Jaysus Hull missed some sitters today.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    100k fine and an official warning given by Newcastle club.

I'm sure the FA will add to that.

2 weeks wages fine then?

FA are currently looking for a horse high enough :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Am I the only one who thinks it's not a huge deal? Like it's obviously stupid and he deserves a bit of a ban but he just over reacted in the heat of the moment, in fairness players do it all the time so it stands to reason a manager could do it an odd time too but calls for him to be sacked etc just over this are way OTT.

Can you imagine if Alex Ferguson headbutted someone. Or Wenger?? Just because it's a nobody like Pardew, some people like yourself think it's not that bad.

A manager threw a loaf in on a player!!!

Newcastle are better than that. Pardew was always punching above his weight at that club and he's showing himself up now for what he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Is this money just going into Ashley's profit column or will it be given to a charity?

Is this money just going into Ashley's profit column or will it be given to a charity?

Usually money fined is donated to a charity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Should be gone end of no questions asked what he did is inexcusable any other club would have dumped him long ago never mind what happened today, just the usual Ashley crap..... Why get rid of the ultimate puppet yes man,
    And hope paully comes back hate to see him leave here as I enjoy his posts 😀 oh and I would say hope the makems win tomorrow but..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Paully D is more than welcome in this thread as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

monkey9 wrote: »
    Can you imagine if Alex Ferguson headbutted someone. Or Wenger?? Just because it's a nobody like Pardew, some people like yourself think it's not that bad.

A manager threw a loaf in on a player!!!

Newcastle are better than that. Pardew was always punching above his weight at that club and he's showing himself up now for what he is.

Fergie split Beckham open with a boot.

• Advertisement

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Fergie split Beckham open with a boot.
    a. Not caught on camera
    b. Not an opposition player
    c. if stories are to be believed, not intentially

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    a. Not caught on camera
    b. Not an opposition player
    c. if stories are to be believed, not intentially

I think reason a is instructive here. Because we didn't see it, it doesn't matter. Therefore, despite the fact we know it happened, the principle at the centre of this goes out the window. People just want to be outraged and something being caught on camera feeds that.

It may not have been intentional in terms of splitting Beckham but he kicked a boot in the direction of a player in a fit of rage. That's pretty poor for a manager.

Souness got in a bust up with a player while at Newcastle. Mancini did likewise with Balotelli and you can be sure there are dozens of other such incidents.

I'm not condoning what Pardew did but when you boil it down it was something of nothing. Deserving of a fine and ban? Yes. Deserving of the sack? Not in a million years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Brian Clough slapped a fan once. He's a legend for it.

Brian Clough slapped a fan once. He's a legend for it.

Different times, in those days players could practically assault each other without as much as a booking

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Different times, in those days players could practically assault each other without as much as a booking

That's definitely not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Few points.

Did anyone honestly believe Pardew would be sacked? On the pitch he holds a litany of unwanted records and a lost got a team of international played relegated last year and kept his job. Not happening lads. ..

On Criticisms of Paully D posting here. He had Been posting here for several years now. He generally posts a decent balance of insightful posts as well as the odd tongue in cheek wind up posts. About what you would expect from an opposition fan. Tbh he is less likely to be on the wind up than most of the posters who only post here when the is a chance of getting a rise. Also this story is arguably the biggest story of the weekend in th Pl, why anyone should be excluded from the conversation is beyond me! More than welcome on here in my eyes...

That said Paully m8. That last post was a little bit out of cara her! ! Your not usually that sensitive to criticism etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well this thread has become a barrel of laughs. Seriously, who gives a fúck about who posts where? I post in other team's threads. Either for insight, to debate the odd story or whatever.

This is not "our thread". No thread is off limits. Paully and others are always gonna come in here the odd time for a bit of slagging from time to time. Who cares? It's football, it has rivalries and tbh, it all comes across as being a bit precious sometimes. Cringey.

The whole "obsessed" debate is always a weird topic. "You're obsessed with how obsessed over how obsessive we are of your team"

*bangs head off wall*

M5 wrote: »
    F

On Criticisms of Paully D posting here. He had Been posting here for several years now. He generally posts a decent balance of insightful posts as well as the odd tongue in cheek wind up posts. About what you would expect from an opposition fan. Tbh he is less likely to be on the wind up than most of the posters who only post here when the is a chance of getting a rise. Also this story is arguably the biggest story of the weekend in th Pl, why anyone should be excluded from the conversation is beyond me! More than welcome on here in my eyes...

That said Paully m8. That last post was a little bit out of cara her! ! Your not usually that sensitive to criticism etc!

I've been posting here several years too incase you forget. Though I would consider you and That_Guy the "seniors".

I'm fine with anyone posting anywhere if they have something sensible to say. The obsessed stuff is tongue in cheek. My point simply was the majority of posts in a club thread, are shock horror by supporters of said club.

He'll be back, he can't stay away. :pac::pac::pac:

Now let that be the end of it.

I've been posting here several years too incase you forget. Though I would consider you and That_Guy the "seniors".

I'm fine with anyone posting anywhere if they have something sensible to say. The obsessed stuff is tongue in cheek. My point simply was the majority of posts in a club thread, are shock horror by supporters of said club.

He'll be back, he can't stay away. :pac::pac::pac:

Now let that be the end of it.

Wasnt referring to of belittling anyone elses contribution, a completely unloaded statement of fact

Seniors, lol

I hope he does, makes a lot of sense when he's not on the wind up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Seniors"

Jesus.

There's Moneymaker going on my ignore list. :pac:

I just mean you've been around the longest, post the most regularly etc.

Jaysus lads if you think some of the handbags here are bad you should read the Man U/Arsenal/Liverpool threads.

I just mean you've been around the longest, post the most regularly etc.

Jaysus lads if you think some of the handbags here are bad you should read the Man U/Arsenal/Liverpool threads.

I know all about them, its hillarious!

For what it's worth, I never asked for Paully_D to stop posting in this thread, I just found it bizarre that he would be frequenting it so heavily on the eve of a Cup final. I certainly know I wouldn't be on Boards.ie nevermind an opposition thread during that time!

And when I referred to 'our thread', I was referencing Newcastle United - so I think that was taken up a little wrong as well.

At the end of the day, Pardew's daft antics overshadowed what was an extremely impressive away victory. Liverpool and many others have failed to garner points from the KC its worth noting.

Absolutely, it was a good result and good performance. We gave Hull some chances but we made tons of chances too.

Remy is such a difference maker upfront. We have to keep him. Will we? Unlikely.

Dummet has done a good job too, he's let no-one down. Wonder where this leaves Santon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

FWIW, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this is the last straw and Ashley's taken the decision to sack Pardew at the end of the season.

Holding off for now lets Newcastle scout out alternatives while keeping some stability, and more managers will be available when the leagues around Europe have finished.

That said, an assault on an opposition player surely gives grounds for dismissal for 'gross misconduct', and the LMA don't have much sympathy for Pards - formally disciplining him now without actually sacking would limit their legal options, wouldn't it?

• Advertisement

es_Pardew.jpg

Brilliant.

This is OK

BiTa4fnIAAAqTXO.jpg

This is not

67764.jpg

Perchinio with the winner though. :pac:

Hull, Sheff Utd and Wigan in the last 4 of the FA Cup.

Are you watching Ashley?

Perchinio with the winner though. :pac:

Hull, Sheff Utd and Wigan in the last 4 of the FA Cup.

Are you watching Ashley?

How could we dream of competing with clubs like that, its a waste of resources even trying!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement