Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

M5 wrote: »
    @NUFCThreatLevel

Tactical guru Pardew had Lallana, Lambert, Schneiderlain and the like at Southampton. 7th in League One. #NUFC

A completely ridiculous comparison to suggest that he held the Saints back in League One - he did a very credible job, and was the driving force behind Lambert's rise to the Premier League, so that note is utter nonsense IMO. Also signed Jose Fonte when at the club - since been a rock in Southampton's defence.

Anyway, with that said, his substitutions were absolutely ridiculous today. Starting Ben Arfa was a no-no away at Southampton, he's an impact player away from home. Then reverting to 4-4-2 at half-time - asking for trouble.

An awful performance from quite a few disinterested players - just glad Ashley was there to see it, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Sigh! Since Pardew took charge at NUFC in 2010, they've suffered 7 Premier League defeats by a 4 goal margin - prior to that... 5 in 16 yrs

He's a legend clearly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sigh! Since Pardew took charge at NUFC in 2010, they've suffered 7 Premier League defeats by a 4 goal margin - prior to that... 5 in 16 yrs

He's a legend clearly :)

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Been dipping in and out of Newcastle games recently. Can't get myself excited about this crap anymore. I find myself more excited about watching Bohemians of a Friday night these days.

Poxy.

FFS, Gosling starts, HBA on the bench...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

FFS, Gosling starts, HBA on the bench...

You seem surprised by this stupidity?:eek:

Wonder which united player will "return to their very best" today (Only to return to their previous form in the next game)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dan Gosling.... Ah jaysus.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dan Gosling.... Ah jaysus.

I suppose he did have that good spell game half actually, no, that didnt happen

• Advertisement

evidently "we wosnt bad against Everton" Pratt

Players clearly not doing it for Pardew either, I guess they have also lost faith

Quick look at the score, not a surprise at all!

Take it we've been ****ing toilet again today yeah?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Quick look at the score, not a surprise at all!

Take it we've been ****ing toilet again today yeah?

Yep, Mata and Hernandez running the show! As predicted struggling players need 90 mins against us to regain some form.

Relegation battle next season.

Sack this clown NOW.

By my reckoning this is Newcastle's 19th thrashing (by 3 goals or more) under Pardew. Hopeless, embarrassing, indefensible incompetency.

• Advertisement

1 goal scored & 29 conceded without Rémy

HAHA, we have conceded more than Sunderland FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

HAHA, we have conceded more than Sunderland FFS

BUT ....

They are still going down and we aint(this season anyway)

Record amount of 3+ losses in the PL (8). previous was 7. And we still have 5 games to go

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    BUT ....

They are still going down and we aint(this season anyway)

If we continue like this we will get relegated next year. 15th since January 1st and no one has scored less (9)

• Advertisement

How many more of these records will Pardew "achieve" before he his sacked?

Its genuinely astonishing

Can we just forfeit the games?

I really, really do not want to see another Newcastle United football match for some time.

BkeHmKyIcAAhNmz.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Not even slightly suprised by this result, team has lost all confidence in itself and the manager. The future is very dark for us until pardew and Ashley go.
    Anyone who continues to defend the manager or owner needs to really open their eyes

Can we just forfeit the games?

I really, really do not want to see another Newcastle United football match for some time.

BkeHmKyIcAAhNmz.jpg:large

I have never seen the like of that picture. Have seen some awful gash in my times but the lack of interest from the top has poisoned the club from top to bottom. It is worse than the relegation season for me

Mike Williamson attempted 0 tackles today!

I understand the fans’ frustration.

If you did you would get the **** out of our club and that Ashley with you

“They want to see exciting football at this stadium and we are just not producing it at the moment.”

And have not been bar a 10 game spell before chrismas this season. We were tripe last season and very nearly got relegated. We want to see a team who remotely looks interested. When the owner clearly isnt and the manager is a patsy, why would they burst their balls?

“We need to just gather ourselves together and hopefully go to Stoke and put on a performance which is above the last three.

At the start of the game today you claimed it was a good performance against Everton!!!!!!!! You also said that last game, and the one before, and the one before

“I thought the commitment was on the pitch today, there was a lot of good commitment.

Commitment really! After those 3 performances your going to talk about fcuking commitment!

“We actually had some decent performances in and around that performance, but United were too good today.”

As were all the other sides who trollied us (maybe is us Alan?). Which decent performance? the hammering by Southampton, or the one against everton? the scrappy 1:0 against palace?

“The opposition have been above us, there’s no doubt about that, and we have not really had any breaks in the games.

Mighty Sunderland/Swansea/cardiff you mean?

“We had chances today.

Chances with a strikefore of 3 who have manged 1 goal from play in 12 months

“The first goal was essential for us, I thought, and we didn’t get it.”

We have wont 2 matches from behind since you took over

Wonder which united player will "return to their very best" today (Only to return to their previous form in the next game)

hillarious

http://redmancunian.com/2014/04/05/learned-newcastle-united-0-4-manchester-united/?

“We actually had some decent performances in and around that performance, but United were too good today.”

As mentioned in the Mag, you are the Newcastle manager, no other team should be referred to as "United"

*time for the pub, bitching session over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Truth be told - completely unacceptable form. I'm often quick to praise the lads and the manager for certain performances/effort but it has become a joke.

Our season is over - the players are holiday already, and our manager seems to be completely tactically inept when things don't go our way from the first whistle.

It's tiring watching the likes of that drivel today - the end of the season can't come quick enough.

Would like to think MA will review Pardew at the end of the season, wishful thinking though.

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Truth be told - completely unacceptable form. I'm often quick to praise the lads and the manager for certain performances/effort but it has become a joke.

Our season is over - the players are holiday already, and our manager seems to be completely tactically inept when things don't go our way from the first whistle.

It's tiring watching the likes of that drivel today - the end of the season can't come quick enough.

Would like to think MA will review Pardew at the end of the season, wishful thinking though.

Not even one positive from Doocey!

In other news hell hath frozen over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

The problem with the end of season review is that this season will be seen by ashley and pardew as a success!
    we are still in the league, no money spent and made an all round profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Our season is over - the players are on holiday already

They have been on holiday since xmas. Just shows how awful the bottom half of the league is when we are still sitting in 9th (not to mention what could have been if there was even an ounce of ambition at the club).

And that useless, incompetent, cowardly ****e is still there.

How can a man so incompetent and which such shocking results have such incredible job security?

And that useless, incompetent, cowardly ****e is still there.

How can a man so incompetent and which such shocking results have such incredible job security?

are you really that surprised? Not beyond the realms of possibility that stoke will overtake us. How the second massive collapse from good positions in 2 years is not a worry for MA is puzzling. If we repeat next year at the wrong time, it could be curtains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Rumour on BBS sport gossip page of MA interested in Rangers and getting them into the CL. Not completely unbelievable.

Icaras wrote: »
    Rumour on BBS sport gossip page of MA interested in Rangers and getting them into the CL. Not completely unbelievable.

another advertising hoarding for plastic tracksuits!

He owns a percentage already, that story has been ticking over for ages

From @nufcstats

Alan Pardew | Last 14 games:

Won: 4
    Drawn: 1
    Lost: 9
    Scored: 9
    Conceded: 27
    Pts: 13

Chris Hughton | Last 14 games:

Won: 3
    Drawn: 4
    Lost: 7
    Scored: 10
    Conceded: 20
    Pts: 13

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Icaras wrote: »

Nah, you can keep him, we're in trouble but not that much :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

What's it going to take for pardew to go? Terrible form and he survives. Nuts a player and he survives. Looks like this gambling debt stuff I read about is all very true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Havent read much about the toon due to my lack of interst as a consequnce of our current situation ... what have you read?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Guy in work told me about pardew debt to Ashley I googled then there it was. How true it is I don't know.

Between this season and last he has broken pretty much every unwanted record for losses, form, goals conceded, number of thrashings, he has headbutted players, gone on foul mouthed rants at oppo managers and as I showed in my last post his recent record is worse than a recently sacked manager operating on about 1/4 the resources but yet this inept cretin keeps his job. It is truly baffling but also in line with the recent history of the club. The only ambition is to keep the team in the PL to retain the free advertising.

The problem is that when it inevitably falls apart the club and the fans will bear the brunt of it. Wouldn't surprise me in MA actually wound up the club if it became unsustainable for him, if that were the cheaper option.

Club is poisoned from top to bottom. The bad vibes at the top are now manifesting themselves on the pitch. It genuinely looks like Pardew has lost the players. In a situation where 10th is the goal and 5th or 6th is frowned upon. When safety is secured and we sell our best player what do we expect the players to think?

our new MD

"I am confident that with our dedicated, hardworking and loyal employees, together with Alan Pardew and his backroom staff, we will progress the Club, both on and off the field over the coming years.

"We will continue to operate in a financially responsible manner and live within our means. This Club is financially strong and there is money to spend if the deal is right and we are confident a player can add quality to the squad.
    "That said, we will not pay over the odds or make knee-jerk decisions. Every player we sign represents a major investment and mistakes are costly which is why we will continue to be prudent in our transfer dealings. This is the reality of a well-run football club like ours.

Barely a day goes by without another kick in the nuts. Not worth it amy more

**** everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

our new MD

"I am confident that with our dedicated, hardworking and loyal employees, together with Alan Pardew and his backroom staff, we will progress the Club, both on and off the field over the coming years.

"We will continue to operate in a financially responsible manner and live within our means. This Club is financially strong and there is money to spend if the deal is right and we are confident a player can add quality to the squad.
    "That said, we will not pay over the odds or make knee-jerk decisions. Every player we sign represents a major investment and mistakes are costly which is why we will continue to be prudent in our transfer dealings. This is the reality of a well-run football club like ours.

Barely a day goes by without another kick in the nuts. Not worth it amy more

Lol, I thought the last two lines were part of the statement!

Lol, I thought the last two lines were part of the statement!

lol, could have formatted my post better alight.

Depressing reading, 1/2 signings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

lol, could have formatted my post better alight.

Depressing reading, 1/2 signings!

I wouldn't put too much store in that. Things can change very quickly in football.

greendom wrote: »
    I wouldn't put too much store in that. Things can change very quickly in football.

Yes. 1/2 signings will become 0 signings.

greendom wrote: »

not at NUFC recently, assume the worst and you'll still be disappointed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement