Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yes. 1/2 signings will become 0 signings.

funny cause its true!

Has anyone got a spare sock to shove into Freddy Shepards large gob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

M5 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a spare sock to shove into Freddy Shepards large gob?

I do love his attempts at re-writing history alright.

If he was still in charge we'd be in League Two or worse right now.

I do love his attempts at re-writing history alright.

If he was still in charge we'd be in League Two or worse right now.

100 million in debt then, and 100 million in debt now...

That said, wouldnt be my first choice by any means!

352 with dummet and Anita as our wing backs, lol. Shola back in favour again too!

Plot, lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Dafuq is that.

Doocey wrote: »
    Dafuq is that.

Set up not to lose the game! If stoke beat us, they could well overtake us, bonuses etc would be in jeopardy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

worst team in awhile, awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I've been a Newcastle fan for 16 years and whenever possible I would watch their games. If I couldn't watch live I'd record it or listen to the commentary. Even when living abroad and they were in the Championship I'd stay up until 4am to watch or listen to the match. I've never felt like I didn't care about the team or not want to watch the match. But I'm actually thinking of not watching today's match. I'm worried that if I do and it's a performance to match the recent run that I'll lose all interest and just give up.
    Am I the only one that feels this way?

We all know what happens when Pardew tries to be smart! 3+ again today, Stoke will no doubt like to avenge the Boxing day game too!

• Advertisement

Morpork wrote: »
    I've been a Newcastle fan for 16 years and whenever possible I would watch their games. If I couldn't watch live I'd record it or listen to the commentary. Even when living abroad and they were in the Championship I'd stay up until 4am to watch or listen to the match. I've never felt like I didn't care about the team or not want to watch the match. But I'm actually thinking of not watching today's match. I'm worried that if I do and it's a performance to match the recent run that I'll lose all interest and just give up.
    Am I the only one that feels this way?

Nope, we dont even have the consolation that a bad run may force the club to change something, history has taught us it wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

After seeing that line up, I've decided not to watch the game, Shola and Cisse upfront means no goals and a line up which features some championship players at best. So I've decided to watch the Everton Sunderland game and not watch my first Newcastle game in years because it's not worth the bother. Anyway who tunes in, I hope it's more enjoyable than the crap I've been seeing the last 2 months!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    After seeing that line up, I've decided not to watch the game, Shola and Cisse upfront means no goals and a line up which features some championship players at best. So I've decided to watch the Everton Sunderland game and not watch my first Newcastle game in years because it's not worth the bother. Anyway who tunes in, I hope it's more enjoyable than the crap I've been seeing the last 2 months!

cant say I blame you!

Should be 1:0 to stoke already, woeful marking and closing, and Crouch has a free header, unmarked. (and we have THREE centre halves)

What a miss!

Gosling, you are completely rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

cant say I blame you!

Should be 1:0 to stoke already, woeful marking and closing, and Crouch has a free header, unmarked. (and we have THREE centre halves)

I'm half looking at Lee Ryder's twitter commentary but at least I don't have to suffer my eyes bleeding today! Not really surprising considering we've a cb who couldn't give a toss and 2 more who aren't good enough. I see Gosling missed a good chance too, sounds all too familiar.......

And thats a stone wall penalty...

Players not even raising their hands to acknowledge an error any more, just a shrug of the shoulders

Good lad Krul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Unfortunate to be behind I reckon - besides Gosling's inability in front of goal he's been one of the best on the park.

Here's hoping for a good second half.

• Advertisement

Stoke have had more passes and a greater pass completion ratio than us. Out passed by Stoke!

BlB5w5xIMAAm7Jz.jpg

@NUFC_Stats
    Today could be the 78th game in a row when NUFC have been behind at half time in the league, that they haven’t won!
    In the 15 games this season where the opposition have scored first, NUFC have won just one (Stoke) and lost 14!

sigh

Stoke looking like Barca this week, god we are so unlucky to catch all these teams just as they hit their 1 game peak!

Arnautovic coming good today! :rolleyes:

1 shot on target, 6 hours since we scored! Give that man a contract extension!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I really wish I didn't watch that. :(

Why put yourself through it lads!

Been chilling in the garden having a nice BBQ all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

The kings of Leon are playing at st James park at the end of may! Let's hope we can keep the score respectable!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Long time lurker... Not so regular poster. It's absolute torture having to endure this mans tenure at the club. What will it actually take for the man to be removed of his duties?

We can all stomach a defeat knowing the team somewhat made an effort but this is crazy and downright depressing to watch.

No sign of young players being given game time during the so called "nothing to play for games"

It's obvious he has lost the dressing room... Staff and the fans.

It must be a colossal gambling debt he owes to Ashley ha ha

Alan Pardew says that the “local press” have not helped Newcastle United in recent weeks.

The Magpies have now won just three games out of 16 in all competitions and failed to score in 360 minutes of Premier League football.

Pardew refused to take a question from the Chronicle in his post-game press conference on a day when the fans displayed banners calling for him to go and chanted “Pardew out”.

He said afterwards: “Four defeats for Newcastle is going to bring its own pressure.

“I don’t think the local press have helped.”

And reflecting on fan protests he said: “Yeah of course.

“Four defeats as a Newcastle manager, we have 10 senior players missing.

“It is a difficult hole to try to fill.

“Their frustration has boiled over a little bit.

“And we need to settle it down.

“The only way to settle it down is to get a win.”

Pardew was then asked the question posed by the Chronicle again by a different journalist on whether he could win the fans back round.

He said: “The only thing you can do is try to get a performance on the pitch which gives you a chance of winning.

“I thought it was close.

“We had good character in the group.

“I thought it was an honest performance but we lack creative flair and a little bit of ability in and around the box.

“I think Loic Remy’s return, which I think will happen next week, will be important to us.”

Pardew also said that he felt that Yohan Cabaye and Loic Remy’s absences have not helped the Magpies in the second half of the season.

He said: “In terms of the Cabaye loss and Loic on top of that, it has made it difficult for us to create and dictate like we did prior to both of them being in the team.

“I can’t fault them.”

Pardew-out.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

So it's the local press' fault then, nothing to do with not scoring a single goal in 4 games. Nothing to do with 3 wins in the last 16 games. Enough of the BS excuses, just be a man and admit that you are simply not good enough and are not utilising the squad as well as you should. Sick of his sh*te excuses every week.

F*ck all is going to change as long as Ashley is at the helm, but surely someone can produce better performances from these players. Pardew out.

BlCvrhbCQAAt-t2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Looks like i'll be spending another sunday hoping for news of a sacking, knowing full well it wont come :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Incredible that we still sit 9th looking at the front of that paper. Doesn't say much for the quality in the bottom half of the league..

Incredible that we still sit 9th looking at the front of that paper. Doesn't say much for the quality in the bottom half of the league..

Would actually like to see Stoke overtaking us, make Pardew look like even more of a fool than he currently does.

Open revolt at the next home game might be enough to get rid of him?

He's looking more and more like a dead man walking.

One can hope anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Who would ye want to replace him? Not gonna give him benefit of the doubt and a chance to replace Cabaye?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Who would ye want to replace him? Not gonna give him benefit of the doubt and a chance to replace Cabaye?

My 15 year old dog would be an ideal replacement.

Uwe Rosler, AVB, Louis Van Gaal, Di Matteo, Guidolin, Montella, Pocchetino, Frank de Boer, Thomas Tuchel, Michael Landrup, Paul Clement, Murat Yakin.

Are all those realistic? Probably not. But all would be far, far superior to the cretin currently in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

My 15 year old dog would be an ideal replacement.

Uwe Rosler, AVB, Louis Van Gaal, Di Matteo, Guidolin, Montella, Pocchetino, Frank de Boer, Thomas Tuchel, Michael Landrup, Paul Clement, Murat Yakin.

Are all those realistic? Probably not. But all would be far, far superior to the cretin currently in charge.

Dont get me wrong i dont have fondness at all for him, just think he has done a brilliant job in the market, but maybe not this year. Tbh all them are realistic, i think AVB would have been a steal but would have to wait at least a season now. Pocchetino should be yeer #1 target and get him to bring in a few of the english lads down in southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Raf32 wrote: »

The problem is that it isnt just Cabaye that need replacing ...

Ba was never replaced ...:rolleyes:

Collocini is leaving,
    Williamson is not good enough,
    Steven Taylor is not good enough,
    Tiote (imho) is a liability, cant pass to a team mate to save his life,
    cisse - the words blank cheque,score, brothel and not in a million years spring to mind
    Santon - seems to have fallen out of favour
    Shola, Gosling, Marveaux - are you having a laugh?!
    Debuchy, M'Biwa, Gouffran, HBA,Sissoko - have they any interest in the club now Cabs has left?

I'm still undecided on Anita

Krul - a player I wouldnt begrudge a move ... deserves to play for a top manager/club

As for the manager ... I dont think it is a case of who do we want, more a case of who would want the job ....

In an ideal world I would personally like to see some one like F. de Boer, ... has played for some big clubs, played for some top top managers, managed a big club and has intimit(might not be the right word here :eek:) knowledge of probably one of the best youth systems in europe.:cool:

What do people think of the idea of a DiMatteo or Steve Clarke?:confused:

I wouldnt want Laudrup anywhere near the club tbh, ... if only 1/2 the rumours of the ongoings at swansea are true then he is a bad, bad idea

The thing that hursts most for me is when I think back to the day when Sir Bobby Robson walked out of SJP shellshocked after getting sacked ... I just wonder what would have been had he not been sacked :(:(

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    The problem is that it isnt just Cabaye that need replacing ...

Ba was never replaced ...:rolleyes:

Collocini is leaving,
    Williamson is not good enough,
    Steven Taylor is not good enough,
    Tiote (imho) is a liability, cant pass to a team mate to save his life,
    cisse - the words blank cheque,score, brothel and not in a million years spring to mind
    Santon - seems to have fallen out of favour
    Shola, Gosling, Marveaux - are you having a laugh?!
    Debuchy, M'Biwa, Gouffran, HBA,Sissoko - have they any interest in the club now Cabs has left?

I'm still undecided on Anita

Krul - a player I wouldnt begrudge a move ... deserves to play for a top manager/club

As for the manager ... I dont think it is a case of who do we want, more a case of who would want the job ....

In an ideal world I would personally like to see some one like F. de Boer, ... has played for some big clubs, played for some top top managers, managed a big club and has intimit(might not be the right word here :eek:) knowledge of probably one of the best youth systems in europe.:cool:

What do people think of the idea of a DiMatteo or Steve Clarke?:confused:

I wouldnt want Laudrup anywhere near the club tbh, ... if only 1/2 the rumours of the ongoings at swansea are true then he is a bad, bad idea

The thing that hurts most for me is when I think back to the day when Sir Bobby Robson walked out of SJP shell-shocked after getting sacked ... I just wonder what would have been had he not been sacked :(:(

Lads, lads lads! Ye all should know better. IF (and that's a big if, considering what he got away with last season) he gets sacked, another lackey will be installed, and normal service would be resumed. Nothing will change until the FCB is ousted.

Now is the time to protest, nothing to play for, players clearly don't give a toss any more. Boycott a game or a portion of the game that's not the last 10 mins (as most are gone by then anyway, recently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Lads, lads lads! Ye all should know better. IF (and that's a big if, considering what he got away with last season) he gets sacked, another lackey will be installed, and normal service would be resumed. Nothing will change until the FCB is ousted.

Now is the time to protest, nothing to play for, players clearly don't give a toss any more. Boycott a game or a portion of the game that's not the last 10 mins (as most are gone by then anyway, recently)

Have to agree with this - I cant see him going, he doesnt complain when our best players go, doesnt complain we dont buy anyone. All Ashley wants is us to stay PL for his advertising. Europa league would be a disaster for him as we would have to strengthen the squad.

Also I'll leave this here http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/pic-the-sunday-sun-absolutely-went-to-town-on-alan-pardew-with-their-sarcastic-back-page-this-morning/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I was of the opinion that if he didn't get sacked after the Meyler fiasco, then he was pretty much untouchable.

But with the fans turning on him against Stoke making national headlines, it adds that bit more pressure to Pardew and indeed Ashley to take action if atrocious form continues.

One can only hope.

I think(and hope) yesterday was a turning point. That's the first time the manager has been specifically targeted for abuse by a sizable amount of fans.

I almost hope Swansea beat us and the entire SJP crowd turns on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I think(and hope) yesterday was a turning point. That's the first time the manager has been specifically targeted for abuse by a sizable amount of fans.

I almost hope Swansea beat us and the entire SJP crowd turns on him.

Will changing manager achieve much? The real problem is bigger than him.

Pun intended.

Pun intended.

Sure. It may just be a band aid.

But that's not really the point though. If a man is incompetent he should be replaced.

And I for one am sick of the sight of the man.

Pun intended.

Another Patsy will be installed... No manager with ambition will join, and why would they? It will be another lower league manager or someone who has been out of work for a while, that will appreciate their luck in getting the job, tow the company line, and dedicate the odd victory to "Mike"

That said, would still be delighted to see that smarmy, arrogant and deluded "manager" sacked. He'll likely get 1 more Pl job before sliding back down to the lower leagues

Another Patsy will be installed... No manager with ambition will join, and why would they? It will be another lower league manager or someone who has been out of work for a while, that will appreciate their luck in getting the job, tow the company line, and dedicate the odd victory to "Mike"

That said, would still be delighted to see that smarmy, arrogant and deluded "manager" sacked. He'll likely get 1 more Pl job before sliding back down to the lower leagues

No PL club will go near him imo. Which in itself speaks volumes.

• Advertisement

No PL club will go near him imo. Which in itself speaks volumes.

I'm sure some owner somewhere will think he got a raw deal and is worth a punt to attempt to turn things around! Al La DiCanio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement