Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I just want the hateful, arrogant twat gone tbh. I'll worry about replacements or whatever else as long as he's gone.

Was reading a piece on the Mag the other day.

In 11/12 we finished 13 points ahead of Liverpool.

Think about where they are compared to us now.

All because of a chairman who refused to spend, and an incompetent cretin of a manager.

Such a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I need people to stop posting here unless its with a credible link to an article stating

a) Pardew has been sacked with immediate effect
    b) Ashley has sold to an Oil Magnate (not cooking oil!)
    c) All of the above ( perfered option :cool:)

I'm not sure how many more dissapointments I cant take each time I see I've an unread post in this thread :(

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I need people to stop posting here unless its with a credible link to an article stating

a) Pardew has been sacked with immediate effect
    b) Ashley has sold to an Oil Magnate (not cooking oil!)
    c) All of the above ( perfered option :cool:)

I'm not sure how many more dissapointments I cant take each time I see I've an unread post in this thread :(

Hah I know right. I feel the same way everytime I wake up after we lose and Pardew hasn't been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Advertisement

God I really hope that's not true.

It gives me chills just reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I really can't say I'm suprised in the slightest! If that's Elliot's ambition then he's the kinds player we can do without!
    Clubs a joke

The silence is deafening on Eliotts twitter. Would assume if untrue a rebuttal would have immediately been issued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ the longer it goes on the more I suspect that we'll turn out like Sunderland....no expectations bar staying up or getting relegated and praying for promotion the season after.

If the same clowns are there in August we are going down. Put money on it.

• Advertisement

Pardew today:
    “I thought we had a good base to the game in terms of how we were set up. We’re obviously overloaded with quality centre-backs”

“I tried to play three CBs and have a look at it, and we did a really good job,”

Sometimes i wonder if he is actually deluded or just part of Ashleys plan to wind us all up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Your a glutton for punishment M5 for even reading/listening to the tripe that comes out of that mans mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

M5 wrote: »
    Pardew today:
    “I thought we had a good base to the game in terms of how we were set up. We’re obviously overloaded with quality centre-backs”

“I tried to play three CBs and have a look at it, and we did a really good job,”

Sometimes i wonder if he is actually deluded or just part of Ashleys plan to wind us all up

...And we have a winner for the most ridiculous statement from a manager in the 2013/14 Premier League campaign.

Question for you folk though: in our 5th place finish, did we all feel that Pardew had a good grasp tactically/prepared for games appropriately?
    He seemingly knew how to use Ben Arfa as well (Bolton, Blackburn, West Brom all examples).

Last two seasons have turned to tripe though - very, very, very hard to see his sense in some of his 'tactical' maneuvers.

Back to the question though, that season - coincidence of a good hard working squad, or setup professionally by AP?

The season we finished 5th was a fantastic achievement for the club all involved and we should have tried to build on it but.....
    That season I really think we were lucky, Simpson had double figures of goal line clearances. We got a good few last gasp winners and picked up points that we probably didn't deserve on our play.
    Answer to your question in my opinion was a lot of luck!

It was in spite of Pardew imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

cadete wrote: »
    The season we finished 5th was a fantastic achievement for the club all involved and we should have tried to build on it but.....
    That season I really think we were lucky, Simpson had double figures of goal line clearances. We got a good few last gasp winners and picked up points that we probably didn't deserve on our play.
    Answer to your question in my opinion was a lot of luck!

Also important to remember that the warning signs began in that season with a few hammerings towards the tail end of the season, eg 4-0 against Wigan springs to mind and 5-0 against Spurs to mention a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

who are we losing to this week lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

kevthegaff wrote: »
    who are we losing to this week lads?

The mighty Swansea. A team that has won just once in their last 9 games, haven't managed to win an away game in their last 11 and have conceded in each of their last 14 away games.
    Expect us to make them look like Barca and give them a perfect chance to get some form back, especially Michu who's just back from injury.

Might be the first time in 22 years I actually hope we lose so the crowd totally turns on the charlatan in the dugout.

What an utterly atrocious state of affairs. Hoping your team lose on the off chance the clown in charge gets the bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Swansea's first away win in 5 months.
    Pardew becomes first manager to lose 5 games in a row.

Just piss off.

• Advertisement

What will the excuse be today?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What will the excuse be today?

He'll blame the injuries to De Jong and Cisse claiming that "we lost a bit of attacking power when they went off".

Poison!!! Pure fúcking poison.

We're the worst team in the league and still can't be relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Imagine if we hadn't scored? Would have been the first time in NUFC's Premier League gistory to go five games without a goal. One record is bad enough.

Played poorly, injuries didn't help - but players' minds clearly elsewhere. Dismal.

Simon Bird ‏@SimonBird_ 4m
    #nufc run: 13 defeats in 18 games (5 in row 1st time in Prem) 11 goals scored. Deep problems. No direction or inspiration, but crowd: 51,057

51K is a ridiculous number for a team on as bad a run as we are. I understand why people do it and will continue to do it. It's hard to give up something you love doing. I still go to Bohs home and away and have had so little to cheer about but if it's a ritual, you just can't give it up.

So hard to watch but surely.... Just surely these bad years can't be present forever.... Can they?

Another Record for pards!

DDidn't bother watching today, first match in years I deliberately avoided.

Not worth it any more

Mark my words, day after deadline day

"Jonas, like a new signing! "

Alan Pardew says he could have "stopped" Swansea's winner if not for his touchline ban ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26999058

Words fail me.

Alan Pardew says he could have "stopped" Swansea's winner if not for his touchline ban ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26999058

Words fail me.

Well then there is more proof that he needs to be sacked ... Unable to do his job as a direct consequence of his actions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

frakkin díckhead pardew

So here goes another weekend of getting my hopes of a pardew sacking up each time i see an unread post here ....

That Tiote challenge for the pen ....

Cant quite figure out what he was thinking other than "if I concede a pen here, they might score and that pardew might be out of here"

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    That Tiote challenge for the pen ....

Cant quite figure out what he was thinking other than "if I concede a pen here, they might score and that pardew might be out of here"
    He probably didn't think anything the guy is a loose cannon, the amount of terrible tackles and dodgy back passes is unreal, he's a goal waiting to be conceded every time he pulls the shirt on

cadete wrote: »
    He probably didn't think anything the guy is a loose cannon, the amount of terrible tackles and dodgy back passes is unreal, he's a goal waiting to be conceded every time he pulls the shirt on

100% agree with you ... his passing is just plain awfull, and the amount of times he just gets caught in possession, ball at the feet and the oposition player just knicks it off his boot :rolleyes:

Thought he's been one of our better players this season.

Not exactly high praise mind.

• Advertisement

Remember Tiote s first season? Never gave the ball away. Had several games with 100% passing accuracy.

Another player that has been Pardewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Fcuksake! How has this man not got the sack! Come on Ashley, surely you can see this guy isn't up to it.

So feckin' fed up!

Think it's unfair to blame Tiote for yesterday. He was our best player all game and was always going to be a scapegoat when Colo and co pushed way up allowing Emnes to run a good 35 yards before Tiote could get to him.

Another recurring theme of late, opposition players allowed to run and run totally unchallenged.

What the **** do they do on the training ground?

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2013-2014/custom-table

select Jan 1 - current date. Pardew has a worse record than every sacked manager in that timeframe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Sack Pardew... Hire Moyes. He loves working on a budget!

Beekay wrote: »
    Sack Pardew... Hire Moyes. He loves working on a budget!

And would be eager to testore his credibility

Moyes also constantly bitched about not having money at Everton, not a snowballs. More chance of Man U "poaching" Pardew

M5 wrote: »
    Moyes also constantly bitched about not having money at Everton, not a snowballs. More chance of Man U "poaching" Pardew

to be fair, we might ba able to pul that off, he was manager of the year at one point wasnt he?! :D;)

More likely then him being sacked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Cake Man wrote: »
    The mighty Swansea. A team that has won just once in their last 9 games, haven't managed to win an away game in their last 11 and have conceded in each of their last 14 away games.
    Expect us to make them look like Barca and give them a perfect chance to get some form back, especially Michu who's just back from injury.
    spot on

So lads hypothetically, would you take Moyes?

So lads hypothetically, would you take Moyes?

Absolutely

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement