Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

these are my pardew excuse bingo guesses

We woz good up till we conceded
    offside goal
    great arsenal side
    injuries
    long season

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Moyes, Landrup, Tuchel, Ventura, de Boer, Montell, Guidolin, Pochettino, maybe even Steve fecking Bruce before i'd even consider Redknapp.

none of those will work under these conditions. Its gona be another useless patsy

**** me

Nufc have lost 14 of last 19 games in all comps. In 11 of their defeats this season they've conceded 3 goals or more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Gutless again. No creativity at all. That man has to go. Time for excuses is over. Not Harry tho. Moyes in. Some chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

M5 wrote: »
    none of those will work under these conditions. Its gona be another useless patsy

Moyes would be doable imo. He'd be cheap, has worked under budget constrictions. He ticks a lot of boxes.

What he does have however is human dignity, something all of our previous managers(Hughton excepted) have lacked.

Moyes would be doable imo. He'd be cheap, has worked under budget constrictions. He ticks a lot of boxes.

What he does have however is human dignity, something all of our previous managers(Hughton excepted) have lacked.

He certainly would not keep his mouth shut when Ashley pulled another, erm, Ashley

BmVke-MIAAA6loX.jpg

BmVkZmsCAAATPVI.png

The usual nonsense from Pardew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Moyes, Landrup, Tuchel, Ventura, de Boer, Montella, Guidolin, Pochettino, maybe even Steve fecking Bruce before i'd even consider Redknapp.

We should balls out to get Moyes though.

I suggest doing a little googling on laudrup at swansea first ... seems he was really, really not that into it ....

DeBoer tho ... great shout ... unfortunatly not going to materialise

**** me

Nufc have lost 14 of last 19 games in all comps. In 11 of their defeats this season they've conceded 3 goals or more

Dont be posting stuff like that ... if mike ashley sees this he will offer pardew a new contract when he realise we didnt loose 5 games out of our last 19 :D

• Advertisement

None of those will happen but its a list of who'd be feasible imo.

It'll end up being Steve Kean though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Season is over since February, top ten finish was probably the objective for pardew and a point at cardiff should secure that. Perfect man for Ashley so no reason to get rid of him.

Can never see a time where the fans will not turn up to the games in protest, only a small minority would do that which Ashley wouldn't be bothered about.

Here's to another season of loan signings and hopefully mid table obscurity.

bazual wrote: »
    Season is over since February, top ten finish was probably the objective for pardew and a point at cardiff should secure that. Perfect man for Ashley so no reason to get rid of him.

Can never see a time where the fans will not turn up to the games in protest, only a small minority would do that which Ashley wouldn't be bothered about.

Here's to another season of loan signings and hopefully mid table obscurity.

I like optimism as much as the next man but if we continue our current form into next season we will be confirmed as relegated by Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I like optimism as much as the next man but if we continue our current form into next season we will be confirmed as relegated by Christmas

You know Carr will find a few gems that we can get on loan. If we can keep the core Krul, Debuchy, Colo, Santon, Tiote, Sissoko, Gouff and find another Remy next season we will scrape through. Once Norwich are relegated Van Wolfswinkel will be looking for a new club :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

bazual wrote: »
    You know Carr will find a few gems that we can get on loan. If we can keep the core Krul, Debuchy, Colo, Santon, Tiote, Sissoko, Gouff and find another Remy next season we will scrape through. Once Norwich are relegated Van Wolfswinkel will be looking for a new club :rolleyes:
    Kruls agent has been making noises recently, I fully expect colo to go, debuchy will Defo go if he has a decent World Cup and santon I expect to leave aswell, he was injured but has hardly featured at all during this run
    Also seems to be trouble with Ben arfa supposedly banned by the club and has gone back to france

Sad thing is .... I've got my 4yr old really passionate bout the toon .. dont have the heart to tell him bad how they really are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sad thing is .... I've got my 4yr old really passionate bout the toon .. dont have the heart to tell him bad how they really are!

they won't always be as dodgy as they are now. Well done on getting him into your team, it's your duty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

its a shame the way nufc have gone, once a team to be feared, now under pardew and ashley, not so

How long before Carr chucks it in? As a Newcastle fan I'm sure he can't be happy with the state of the club. I'm sure there would be plenty of suitors too!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pardew: "I really hope the fans come back on Saturday and back us"

51K+ at the last few home games....

What utter bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Dreadful stuff.

Only positive I can find, and it's far fetched - is that Mike Ashley has never pushed for a sacking as much as the last few months. I get a feeling that something could happen - especially if we finish outside the Top 10.

It's clear the players, and fans want him gone - will Ashley do the right thing? Unlikely, but then again Pardew won't resign.

One can only hope.

Another day, and he's still not sacked.

Jesus Christ.

Some good news, Raylor is back in training.

Hope it goes well for him, good lad and he never let us down.

And of course, that free kick. :)

BmZjOmfCMAE5vxz.jpg

• Advertisement

He has to have dirt on Mike Ashley.

That's the only explanation at this point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

He has to have dirt on Mike Ashley.

That's the only explanation at this point.

There was even a suggestion it amounted to nothing more than a convenient arrangement that would allow him to pay off gambling debts owed to Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias, the club’s owner and managing director.

BmaIXkOIYAA0S2K.jpg

It's amazing really considering how he got rid of JFK quite quickly realising his mistake but pardew is still here! Maybe there is an issue getting a replacement in? I could understand moyes not wanting the job but some1 like di matteo( definately not my first choice) would jump at the chance

cadete wrote: »
    It's amazing really considering how he got rid of JFK quite quickly realising his mistake but pardew is still here! Maybe there is an issue getting a replacement in? I could understand moyes not wanting the job but some1 like di matteo( definately not my first choice) would jump at the chance

Ashley could be trying to force Pardew out too... Depending on which reports on the contract you believe. The nationals seem to say 8 years, the locals are adamant its a 1 year rolling contract though

• Advertisement

Ashley could be trying to force Pardew out too... Depending on which reports on the contract you believe. The nationals seem to say 8 years, the locals are adamant its a 1 year rolling contract though

I would certainly hope that's not the case(Ashley trying to force him out) as pardew is utterly shameless if he had any respect for the club he would have gone during the 13 game run last year. No way will he walk away,

I would certainly hope that's not the case(Ashley trying to force him out) as pardew is utterly shameless if he had any respect for the club he would have gone during the 13 game run last year. No way will he walk away,

I'd agree with that alright, struggling to rationalise the situation TBH.

The old "happy so long as we are in the PL" seems to be on the money! That does not explain Hughtons sacking though.

I know my problem, I'm attempting to use logic

I know my problem, I'm attempting to use logic

Ha! Can't argue with that!
    A defeat to Cardiff MUST bring an end to pardew.
    I think it's fair to say none of us expect to win the league but a little ambition on the clubs part would go a long way!
    Ashley is as much a part of the problem too, we will probably remain in the same endless cycle until we see a new owner

Ha! Can't argue with that!
    A defeat to Cardiff MUST bring an end to pardew.
    I think it's fair to say none of us expect to win the league but a little ambition on the clubs part would go a long way!
    Ashley is as much a part of the problem too, we will probably remain in the same endless cycle until we see a new owner

the best description I have seen is the following

"there have been dark days before, but always a chance of better days ahead"

Some fan groups trying to organise a mass walkout after 60 mins this weekend, hope it happens,

It won't imo.

Some fan groups trying to organise a mass walkout after 60 mins this weekend, hope it happens,

That 'United for Newcaslte' shower. They're always trying to organise shít like this.

I know things are bad at the minute but they are the most negative fúcking fan group going. On the flip side you have those 'NUFC Fans' lads who are a shower of cretins.

you dont want fans walking out ... you just want them not showing for a week or 2, then the message might get across ...

if we had a home game with only 5-10k people in the ground ... that would be world news, watch Pardew get the sack after that

• Advertisement

I'd not be surprised if Pardew went after this season. Ashley ain't stupid lads. He knows there'll be a decrease in season ticket renewals and crowds will fall.

Who we get in? Hughton again? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Will Pardew ever fúck off? http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9291632/alan-pardew-appeals-to-newcastle-supporters-show-everyone-were-a-big-club?

You'd swear we had below 50% attendance this season at SJP - the place the has been full umpteen times this season including witnessing massacres against Spurs, MUFC, Sunderland -- some cheek of the fella to ask the fans to come out in force to inspire us to 3 points against fúcking relegation stricken Cardiff.

Shameful.

Average attendance is 50,400 this season.

He went past the point of no return a long time ago. Asking for support now is just laughable.

I think he's sacked after the Liverpool game regardless. Ashley will need someone to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Reckon yee'll scrape a win against Cardiff tomorrow? I'm in a last man standing and don't have a great choice of games this weekend!
    I think Newcastle should manage the win though with Remy back, what yee think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

A team that's been on their holidays since March vs a team fighting for their lives.

I'd be very surprised to see a Newcastle victory.

If Cardiff can't win tomorrow they have no right to be in the PL.

They won't ever have a better chance to save their skins.

a team with something to play for against us? est case from NUFC perspective wout be a draw

Pardew has lost the dressing room IMHO. Wll most likely be a limp loss

For the greater good it's almost better if we lose.

The fan reaction will be damning and surely the final nail in the coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Thanks, as I said my other choices are limited: Villa v Hull, Stoke v Fulham and Swansea v Soton.
    Odd's-wise, Newcastle are best at evens for the win (Cala is also missing for Cardiff). I'm leaning towards Hull to sneak a win too. Head-wrecked :D

• Advertisement

So what Cardiff player will have "the game of his life" tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement