Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Daryl Janmaat meant to be very close to a move as Debuchy's replacement.

Would be happy with that.

Weird sense among most NUFC fans that Debuch's departure isn't too devastating which I agree with. I think he'll be replaced sufficiently, either by a new signing or playing Santon RB with Haidara left-full.

I just hope we get more than the rumoured £7.9m for a guy with a lengthy contract to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Good luck Tim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

No doubt Ashley has Timmy already sold after them heroics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was watching the game over in a mates house last night and even before the pens began I said, "I guarantee you he'll save two and send Holland through and then he'll be sold to a big club".

Krul guessed every penalty right

Br2hw7ICcAEEmrv.jpg

Debuchy deal done.

Ryan "like a new signing" Taylor will be his replacement

Thats 20 odd million incoming transfer fees and the increased TV money of about 50 million thats not being spent on the club, and not going towards the debt owed to the FCB. The zombies will continue turning up all the same and this will go on and on.

WHats the point any more?

Chronicle reporting a £12M bid for Cabella. Taking it with a pinch of salt though, as per usual.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-set-make-move-7393353

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Chronicle also reporting that we will table a bid for Loic Remy, would love that to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Jaanmat, who Newcastle are meant to be after, looked quiet good last night. Didn't look great going forward (although that could have been done to Argentina's defensive structure), but I was impressed with him at the back.

Good signing if it happens.

• Advertisement

Remy Cabella in Newcastle airport

M5 wrote: »

Pleeeeease don't be a fake pic!

Just did a quick google search, seems thats not Newcastle Airport :(

Just did a quick google search, seems thats not Newcastle Airport :(

Booo

Knew it was someone trolling! SAAAAAKE!

Montpellier and Newcastle have found an agreement for the transfer of Remy Cabella. "We have a deal" said Laurent Nicollin, club's CEO.

@laurenJulien reliable French source

• Advertisement

Locals picking it up now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yee are doing some serious business lads. Cabella and De Jong are great signings.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Yee are doing some serious business lads. Cabella and De Jong are great signings.

First time in 18 months that we have spent any money. Still up about 10 million in player trading this year

First time in 18 months that we have spent any money. Still up about 10 million in player trading this year

Admirable though. Yee badly needed to replace Cabaye, cant see yee not doing well next year unless Pardew holds the team back.

Admirable though. Yee badly needed to replace Cabaye, cant see yee not doing well next year unless Pardew holds the team back.

Still have not replaced Ba...

Looks like a good start though... But! Debuchy and Sissoko will be sold and we already need another centre back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Still have not replaced Ba...

Looks like a good start though... But! Debuchy and Sissoko will be sold and we already need another centre back.

How would you feel about getting Jenkinson on loan as part of the Debuchy deal ?

Will yee not sign Remy on a permanent deal no?

greendom wrote: »
    How would you feel about getting Jenkinson on loan as part of the Debuchy deal ?

No idea to be honest

greendom wrote: »

I'd rather give you Debuchy for £10m or whatever the agreed fee is, and not take Jenkinson

Will yee not sign Remy on a permanent deal no?

The lack of ambition from a position of strength last January turned him off. Can't blame him either. We will take him if no one else wants him

The lack of ambition from a position of strength last January turned him off. Can't blame him either. We will take him if no one else wants him

Ah right, i would love us (arsenal) to get him, but i see him going to yee or Spurs. Quality player

Cabella a done deal, several photos of him posing with fans at SJP

There we go....

10422565_763601463683385_1566914578114340907_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

2 Strong Signings ...

still not happy with how the club is run ...

Bring in talent, sell said talent, wait a transfer window or 2 and risk relegation, replace talent ...

Playing with fire imho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

glad to see cabella signed seems like a talent so fingers crossed there,
    DeJong also seems like a good signing but we know how that muppet pardew likes to use a number 10 so i will expect to see dejong lineup probably on the right wing,
    debuchy is leaving which is far from suprising but im not that upset really but we have yet to replace cabaye which is essential and no strikers yet either(not counting that spanish kid). And the thought of another year watching cisse fumble around seems unbearable
    also as said above we need another centre back as i really dont wanna see taylor and williamson start together for us which is bound to happen.
    but so far im just not excited at all about the coming season, I just know were goin nowhere and expect to be outta both cups at the first hurdle and letting whoever performs best in the first half of the season leave when january rolls around.
    pardew out ashley out

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    glad to see cabella signed seems like a talent so fingers crossed there,
    DeJong also seems like a good signing but we know how that muppet pardew likes to use a number 10 so i will expect to see dejong lineup probably on the right wing,
    debuchy is leaving which is far from suprising but im not that upset really but we have yet to replace cabaye which is essential and no strikers yet either(not counting that spanish kid). And the thought of another year watching cisse fumble around seems unbearable
    also as said above we need another centre back as i really dont wanna see taylor and williamson start together for us which is bound to happen.
    but so far im just not excited at all about the coming season, I just know were goin nowhere and expect to be outta both cups at the first hurdle and letting whoever performs best in the first half of the season leave when january rolls around.
    pardew out ashley out

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

As encouraging as the signings are, the core of the team is still rotten. Too many players who are nowhere near good enough to provide cover. We will still struggle unless De Jong or Cabella have amazing seasons.

(PS Einstein never said that :) )

Doocey wrote: »
    If we sign Rémy Cabella I'll cry tears of happiness!

*sob* *sob* *sob* *sob*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Janmaat signed up on the dotted line it seems. There is a pic up with him shaking hands with pardew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Get Riviere next and I will be very happy with the business done this summer,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Janmaat hopefully will be a really good replacement for debuchy fee seems good so lets hope he settles quickly
    Not so sure about riviere sadly, 14 goals in 44 appearances last season doesnt fill me with confidence and we need a striker who will hit the ground running,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

maybe Cisse might get back some form this season :P

would be good for the guy, he can score some zingers

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

5 players and everyone getting carried away.....3 replacements signed for 3 outgoing players.....I'd be worried if we start the season with Riviere up front, lad is still young and probably more of an impact sub. Board will never pay what is required to get a top class striker at this level either, not looking good and squad is still thin on somany levels......pull the finger out Newcastle.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    5 players and everyone getting carried away.....3 replacements signed for 3 outgoing players.....I'd be worried if we start the season with Riviere up front, lad is still young and probably more of an impact sub. Board will never pay what is required to get a top class striker at this level either, not looking good and squad is still thin on somany levels......pull the finger out Newcastle.

Agreed, the damage done to the squad is being repaired, long way to go yet. As long as the likes of Williamson, Taylor and obertan are anywhere near the first team we will struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good signings thus far... on paper it looks like anyway. Granted, I don't know anything about the players we've signed bar the odd few YouTube clips (yeah I know) and other articles but there's still a long way to go.

Funnily enough, I have an inkling that Colback could prove to be one of our best players this season and he came in on a free. Local lad, will have a chip on his shoulder and will need to impress the home crowd having come from a rival club. He'll certainly want to get the home fans on side quickly.

We definitely need two strikers. Ideally one from the reserves should step up. Vuckic? Though I say it every year and it never happens. Wouldn't also mind seeing Shane Ferguson being given a chance but wouldn't surprise me if he goes.

We'll probably play De Jong up front if we don't get another in.

Sissoko --- Tiote --- Gouffran

Cabella --- Ben Arfa

De Jong

Could be an interesting front 6 if executed properly.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good signings thus far... on paper it looks like anyway. Granted, I don't know anything about the players we've signed bar the odd few YouTube clips (yeah I know) and other articles but there's still a long way to go.

Funnily enough, I have an inkling that Colback could prove to be one of our best players this season and he came in on a free. Local lad, will have a chip on his shoulder and will need to impress the home crowd having come from a rival club. He'll certainly want to get the home fans on side quickly.

We definitely need two strikers. Ideally one from the reserves should step up. Vuckic? Though I say it every year and it never happens. Wouldn't also mind seeing Shane Ferguson being given a chance but wouldn't surprise me if he goes.

We'll probably play De Jong up front if we don't get another in.

Sissoko --- Tiote --- Gouffran

Cabella --- Ben Arfa

De Jong

Could be an interesting front 6 if executed properly.

FYP, it is a very big if!

Emmanuel Riviere deal done

BsrRL9gCQAAxtWn.jpg

Emmanuel Riviere deal done

BsrRL9gCQAAxtWn.jpg

Whos with him?

I think we should all savour this exciting transfer activity on Tyneside while we can.. :)

People wondering if the lanky guy going for the handshake is PEA -- definitely not in my book, but who is he? A Riviere representative or another signing?

BssWKehIUAEQcpe.jpg

EDIT: Same guy as in the photo above with Riviere I wonder?

I assume that once the squad depart to NZ that we'll be done with these inbound deals?

What do people make of the Benteke rumours?

I have a theory on why we tend to do the transfers in the summer window (other than the Gouffran/Sissoko/Haidara Jan window)...

No snow, etc to frighten the soft Europeans away

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I have a theory on why we tend to do the transfers in the summer window (other than the Gouffran/Sissoko/Haidara Jan window)...

No snow, etc to frighten the soft Europeans away

An interesting theory to say the least sir!

Monaco have confirmed that Riviere is now a Magpie :)

Monaco confirmation

0,,10278~12975115,00.jpg

Debuchy gone
    Janmaat in
    Both confirmed

0,,10278~12972846,00.jpg

Sin Sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

You guys are doing some really good business, building a squad capable of challenging hard for Europe next season

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement