Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Soups123 wrote: »
    You guys are doing some really good business, building a squad capable of challenging hard for Europe next season

Merely filling in the obvious holes that have existed for months, after 18 without signing anyone.

Unfortunately too may of our squad players are far far away from Pl standards. Even if all our new signings come off {and are not pardewed} 2/3 injuries will see us struggle.

Finally, no striker. Remy was a big loss and looks unlikely to be replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Maybe I'm late on this but surely this can't be true

@TransferLatests: Hatem Ben Arfa has reportedly been fined by Newcastle for being overweight and will be sold this summer. (Le. Parisien)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RIP to the 2 Newcastle fans, John Alder and Liam Sweeney, who were aboard the Malaysian Airways flight that was shot down yesterday. They were on their way to New Zealand for the pre-season tour. Tragic. :(

That and the loss of several aids experts, these stupid mutants may have altered our evolution.

(yeah, i know where the politics forum is)

RIP to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just reading that story now. Awful news.

Ben Arfa spotted in the crowd

Bs2TIDsIIAE_JDV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shame to see Ben Arfa throwing his career down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I hope we dont end up with carroll again,

hopefully its just old news recirculating

D_turbo wrote: »
    I hope we dont end up with carroll again,

hopefully its just old news recirculating

I wouldn't mind at the right price

M5 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind at the right price

Id rather see the 15Million Qouteed spent else where...IMO it would just encourage us to Play hoof ball even with Cabella, De Jong etc on the field

• Advertisement

Id rather see the 15Million Qouteed spent else where...IMO it would just encourage us to Play hoof ball even with Cabella, De Jong etc on the field

Certainly wouldn't pay 15. We didnt play hoof ball when he was here last time TBF. Strangely we played hoof ball more when he left! (yep, i know it makes no sense)

He would also provide us with a target from crosses, not just long ball. Barton and Nolan worked very well with him and provided him with quality ball to work with. I'm sure the latest recruits could do the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

15m would buy 2 good defenders!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    15m would buy 2 good defenders!

We need both TBH

Dunno about Carroll tbh. I think we need strength at the back first and foremost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Live on BTSports1 at the moment:

#NUFC v @SydneyFC (4-2-3-1): Elliot; Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini (c), S.Taylor, Haidara; Anita, Colback; Gouffran, de Jong, Aarons; Riviere.

Does anyone know what the story is with Santon? Did he p!ss in the gaffers Corn Flakes? Doesnt seem to get much gametime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Does anyone know what the story is with Santon? Did he p!ss in the gaffers Corn Flakes? Doesnt seem to get much gametime?

Think I read somewhere recently that he is injured.

Marveaux has left for Guingamp #Pardewed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Totally wasted Marveaux who had alot of potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Probably afraid he'll get injured and wont be saleable during this transfer window :mad:

by the way ....

what's peoples wish ....

new players gell, flying start, top6-7 by christmas - good return for the money spent

OR

struggle in the first 6-7 games to get a win and Pardew get the road ... afterall, money was spent - results were lacking

by the way ....

what's peoples wish ....

new players gell, flying start, top6-7 by christmas - good return for the money spent

OR

struggle in the first 6-7 games to get a win and Pardew get the road ... afterall, money was spent - results were lacking

We are only patching the holes that have existed for months now. We realistically need at least one CB and an established striker. With all the new faces we will no doubt struggle early on. Unfortunately that will be recognized and Pardew will not be under pressure until January

I would dearly love to see the smarmy so and so sacked though

Andy Carroll injured again I see. I really hope the rumours of him coming back are false.

greenman09 wrote: »
    Andy Carroll injured again I see. I really hope the rumours of him coming back are false.

Out for four months. Would be quite amazed if we even offered him a pack of King crisps at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

is that it for transfer activity for us then? I was hoping for one or two more but things have gone a bit quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

BArra wrote: »
    is that it for transfer activity for us then? I was hoping for one or two more but things have gone a bit quiet

I'm hoping for Grenier, Isla, a centre back and a Striker . If we can do that we are in serious shape for next season.

I miss Cabaye. I miss him soooooooooooo much :(

Pardew has already been singing Ashelys praises for "proving the fans wrong by investing millions"

1.8 million up on player trading this year....

Anybody hear if de jongs injury is minor or more serious? He limped off apparently against Wellington

Anybody hear if de jongs injury is minor or more serious? He limped off apparently against Wellington

Bruised toe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Bruised toe

Or so you're toeld....right? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Or so you're toeld....right? :pac::pac:

BOOM BOOM!

Tumbleweed.gif

:)

Remy fails medical for Liverpool not long after faking injury to miss the game.

Oh the ironing!

Remy fails medical for Liverpool not long after faking injury to miss the game.

Oh the ironing!

Hes failed quite a few medicals in the past tho hasnt he? Referred to as a ticking time bomb if im right?

Hes a mercenary but if he scores goals and wins us games i wouldnt say no to having him back if the money was decent. Flame suit on for that comment:P

Hes failed quite a few medicals in the past tho hasnt he? Referred to as a ticking time bomb if im right?

Hes a mercenary but if he scores goals and wins us games i wouldnt say no to having him back if the money was decent. Flame suit on for that comment:P

Would take him back in a heart beat (boom boom)

Sad, but thats where we are now, cant be choosey

Would take him back in a heart beat (boom boom)

Sad, but thats where we are now, cant be choosey

Yeah Id have him back, Not much talk of a stiker that isnt pure nonsense.
    He done well for us, If he did it again i wouldnt mind him there at least for a season or so until a striker with a Price that Ashley would be willing to pay.

Lacettze for the money qouted is madness IMO.

Yeah Id have him back, Not much talk of a stiker that isnt pure nonsense.
    He done well for us, If he did it again i wouldnt mind him there at least for a season or so until a striker with a Price that Ashley would be willing to pay.

Lacettze for the money qouted is madness IMO.

we have not sold anyone to fund Lacettze, so we can rule that out

we have not sold anyone to fund Lacettze, so we can rule that out

To true.

Really hope ben arfa isnt forced out myself.

Still hoping for a bit more business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Just over 2 weeks until the new season and 6 new signings and its dead in here, really says alot about the state of the club

cadete wrote: »
    Just over 2 weeks until the new season and 6 new signings and its dead in here, really says alot about the state of the club

I cant wait for kick off.

Wouldnt mind a Well known striker but thats life with newcastle.

Really Hope HBA gets a look back into the sqaud :D

the toon are over in Germany taking part in the Schalke 04 cup, the games are on Sky on a channel called Quest, number 167

Malaga v Newcastle - 02 August - 2:15 pm
    Schalke v West Ham - 02 August - 4:45 pm

Malaga v West Ham - 03 August - 2:15 pm
    Schalke v Newcastle - 03 August - 4:45 pm

team that went is:

Rolando Aarons, Mehdi Abeid, Jak Alnwick, Vurnon Anita, Adam Armstrong, Remy Cabella, Adam Campbell, Jack Colback, Fabricio Coloccini, Paul Dummett, Rob Elliot, Yoan Gouffran, Massadio Haidara, Daryl Janmaat, Tim Krul, Gabriel Obertan, Ayoze Perez, Emmanuel Riviere, Lubo Satka, Moussa Sissoko, Remie Streete, Steven Taylor, Cheick Tiote, Haris Vuckic, Mike Williamson, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

EDIT: no Raylor? i thought he was back from his injury/s? no Ben Arfa either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Supposedly were in talks about a loan for Facundo Ferreyra. So him Jordy Clasie, A Centre Defender and a 20 + goals a season striker and we are sorted!!!!!!

Supposedly were in talks about a loan for Facundo Ferreyra. So him Jordy Clasie, A Centre Defender and a 20 + goals a season striker and we are sorted!!!!!!

thats a done deal AFAIK

Pre season game on quest TV right now

Marking has been absolutely awful

Malagar score a screamer

Absolute shambles at the back. Could be 6

This is horrendous

New players, same awful tactics, nothing going forward, awful at the back, no creativity in the middle.

Funny that

Couldn't see the game as don't have it on upc package. Thought it was standard channel, thank god had no access after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement