Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Crazy season for us so far, every team I think we have played against so far has been poor apart from QPR. Is it our tactics against all of them or are we just extremely lucky???? Whatever it is I will take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Cabaye quiet today

Getting the breaks at the back too.... not convinced about our full backs

Lets hope blackburn play like this is the cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Ben Arfa time soon?

• Advertisement

Obertan has been great until the ball leaves his foot

I HATE saying it but Obertan has played well today. Just needs to work on getting his shots on target and working the keeper. He is getting better though I will give him that.

Oh dear

Few red cards today

Red Card, great time to bring Ben Arfa on but is it worth the risk of a bad tackle from a disgruntled blackburn player?????

Bring on Marv and Sammy instead me thinks

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »
    Red Card, great time to bring Ben Arfa on but is it worth the risk of a bad tackle from a disgruntled blackburn player?????

Bring on Marv and Sammy instead me thinks

Agree but here he comes

Cmon besty

Not one for the neutral that's for sure! Superb start from our lot, best defense in the league!

Happy days, 12 points from 6 games, couldn't have asked for more really. 4th in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Great start to the season. Keep it up and we'll be clear from relegation by Christmas :pac:

BA, ba, hattrick...

I'll grab my coat:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You're quietly doing rather well. Surprise package of the season so far I think (well after Arsenal! :p )

Discipline improving and more chances being created recently. Looking good.

vs Blackburn Home - 0 yellow cards, only 6 fouls committed and 19 shots.
    vs Aston Villa Away - 1 yellow card, 10 fouls committed and 21 shots
    vs QPR Away - 3 yellow cards, 15 fouls committed and 8 shots
    vs Fulham Home - 2 yellow cards, 19 fouls committed and 13 shots
    vs Sunderland Away - 3 yellow cards, 7 fouls and 12 shots
    vs Arsenal Home - 3 yellow cards, 9 fouls and 6 shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well that was shocking from Blackburn, twice I have seen Newcastle in the flesh this season and once again they have been tactically spot on. Some call it luck, but I think Pardew has to get credit for the organisation the teams has.

Blackburn on the other hand were woeful in that department, the same as when he faced Duff, Givet cannot handle playing left back against a winger with pace and trickery. Someone like Young at United or Johnson at City will destroy him.

Salgado again is finished, offers nothing at this level. Kean once again fails when the going gets tough, Roberts coming on was bad enough, when Yakubu was already lost up there, but the introduction of Grella was embarrassing.

Highlight of the match for me was when about 20 Blackburn fans fell forward down 2 or 3 rows when celebrating the goal, first I knew of it was when one fell into my shoulder!

Stats show it all, 40 odd per cent possession, with 3 shots off and 1 on target, useless!

Have to say I was expecting more of an atmosphere from the home fans, but they were dead in between the goals, even with the goals the only time the roof was raised was when Ben Arfa replaced Ba.

Probably the easiest 3pts Newcastle will get all season, Blackburn couldn't even get close to their shadows!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I think the 3rd goal and the sending off overshadow a very good performance from the lads today,we were well in control even at 2-1 so to hear Kean say that the 3rd goal was a huge turning point didn't give us the credit we deserve.Anyway good to see Obertan and Ba put in performances today,even though Obertans final ball and shooting were suspect. I see a few comments on here about how quiet it was in st.james's today,i was at the last home game against fulham and it was pretty dead there too,i think it's down to ashley moving the singing section in the stadium and also that pathetic attempt to stop fans from standing during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems like you didn't miss out on much with Ruiz if the bid that went in on deadline day was actually made and not one of these phantom bids that usually come in from Newcastle.

The day after he signed for Fulham a scout on Twitter, Tor-Kristian Karslen, said that he was massively overrated and to be fair he's looked absolutely awful thus far.

The focus on Cabaye by Blackburn allowed Tiote and Obertan have a lot of space. Obertan was fantastic until he had to shoot or pass.

We got a break or two at the back today. We need Santon and perhaps Ferguson in the back four. Ryan Taylor always has a moment of two per game. This time it cost us a goal. Simpson was poor for the goal too.

Ba obviously played well but i though Besty put in a great shift and on another day might have nicked one or two himself

Ben Afra showed flashed today too. He really can pick out an unexpected pass. I hope these flashes turn out to be consistent

what a fantastic start to the season! Its hard to fault the team or the manager for any game bar the QPR match. Really impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

simpson looked average again though, the 'shot' that looped onto the bar .... he just stood there and watched his man, no attempt to block what so ever?!?!

raylor a little sloppy to give ball away that lead to blackburn goal

other than than good performance all round.

B'Burn looked soooooooo poor though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Not been impressed with Danny Simpson lately at all; I know he has become a father and everything and the fact there's added competition for his spot but it should be bringing the best out in him in all fairness.

Obertan, Best, Cabaye, Tioté, Coloccini, Taylor, and Ben Arfa all very impressive yesterday but I've got that feeling we've beaten a side that won't be far off relegation come the end of the season.

Saying that, fantastic start - table doesn't lie as we been reminded so many times before.
    Team are gelling and hopefully if things stay the same; the future is very bright indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Savage weekend in Newcastle. Excellent performance. Very very happy with that performance. Some lovely stuff exhibited. Tiote looked back to his best too which is pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Alright chappies, heading over to the Wigan game in a few weeks time. Where would you recommend seating wise? Last couple of times have gotten "Bar 1892" seats for the gargle but might try something different (and cheaper ;)) this time round.

Alright chappies, heading over to the Wigan game in a few weeks time. Where would you recommend seating wise? Last couple of times have gotten "Bar 1892" seats for the gargle but might try something different (and cheaper ;)) this time round.

Personally the gallowgate end is my favourite end,good atmosphere there and everytime I've sat there,newcastle have scored all their goals at that end!! If you want a good view of the game,even the upper tier of the gallowgate is decent! East end and milburn are a lot quieter and i find it tough to end tickets around the haslfway line/centre of them stands.Anyway,yeah i'd definitely recommend gallowgate!

Depends on what you want really. Atmosphere or a good view. The two don't go hand in hand.

Price breakdown for Wigan game from the official website:

Milburn Stand - £48
    Bar 1892 - £44
    Sports Bar (John Hall Stand behind goal) - £29
    East Stand (under Sports Direct crap) - £29
    Sir John Hall Stand/Gallowgate - £25

Sat in the Gallowgate lower for the Arsenal game. Was grand and a good atmosphere but when action is going up the other end, the view is slightly hampered.

Sat in the Milburn Stand for the Blackburn game on Saturday. Tickets are expensive but tbh it's well worth it.

Gives you access to the "platinum club". It's basically a bar with seating areas and has a load of TV's that show the highlights of goals at HT/FT although I think the Gallowgate also had that too. Also has places you can buy food etc.

Anyone planning to pick up FIFA 12?

You can download a Newcastle United cover sleeve for it here:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/1/fifa12-club-pack-newcastle

Enjoy lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Away the last 2 weeks lads, would anyone know where I'd get highlights of the Blackburn game last week as I didn't get any of it (over in the US). Cheers in advance.

Also, hopefully another result tomorrow against an out of sorts Wolves. Think we can take them and keep this sweet run going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Cake Man wrote: »
    Away the last 2 weeks lads, would anyone know where I'd get highlights of the Blackburn game last week as I didn't get any of it (over in the US). Cheers in advance.

Also, hopefully another result tomorrow against an out of sorts Wolves. Think we can take them and keep this sweet run going

Here you go sir.

Doocey wrote: »
    Here you go sir.

Cheers Doocey.

No changes today 4:4:2

Krul; R Taylor, S Taylor, Coloccini, Simpson; Tiote, Cabaye, Obertan, Jonas; Ba, Best

Bench

Elliot, Santon, Guthrie, Marveaux, Lovenkrands, Ben Afra, Sammy Ameobi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Newcastle are 15/8 to win and 11/2 -1. I can see us winning something similar like last week tbh, Wolves are off form and we're on form. Ba will be very confident after his hattrick and Leon Best is well capable of getting one or two.

If there's any Cork fans here I have the game live on Sky Calcio 4 in my pub The Gallows on Bandon Rd.

• Advertisement

Yeah would be disappointed if we were to lose this given both teams form of late.
    Happy enough with the same team, hopefully see Ben Arfa get some more action.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Yeah would be disappointed if we were to lose this given both teams form of late.
    Happy enough with the same team, hopefully see Ben Arfa get some more action.

I'd keep Ben Arfa a million miles away from the pitch TBH

Hopefully the lads can keep up the good form,few hard games coming up for us after.Anyone have any decent links for the game??

• Advertisement

Yikes, well done Krul

good save Krul

haha Sunderland 2 down after 5mins

Sunderland 2 down after 5 mins.