Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Yet again despite having several attacking players on the pitch we struggle to create anything. Same ****, different players. Quel suprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sigh.

Ah ffs

Only a matter of time before Williamson costs us. Lucky timing for this one

So Saylor will start next week.

**** everything.

So the new players are well on the way to being Pardewed already.

Squad is nowhere near deep enough. Just because we have more than last year does not mean we have enough. At least 4 players who regularly start are nowhere near goo enough.

Then we have the life sucking tactics and training methods of the "manager"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That Newcastle jersey is awful. F*cking hell.

Yes its early, yes players need time to settle, yes we have a couple of injuries.

None of that hides the shocking lack of movement, the lack of anything in the last 1/3rd, the obvious restraints on our creative players or the ridiculous tactics. Nothing has changed, nor will it until Pardew and Ashley have moved on

• Advertisement

5 wins in 23.

Pardew Progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've said it before. I have no idea why the likes of the Arabs who bought Man City don't buy Newcastle United. It's a brilliant club with an amazing fanbase whose stadium is located in the city centre.

I'm convinced somebody will soon realise this and Newcastle will be huge Man City/Chelsea style.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I've said it before. I have no idea why the likes of the Arabs who bought Man City don't buy Newcastle United. It's a brilliant club with an amazing fanbase whose stadium is located in the city centre.

I'm convinced somebody will soon realise this and Newcastle will be huge Man City/Chelsea style.

We got our billionaire and look at us!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Hoping time will improve us.

Hope Cabellas play acting doesnt become a regular thing.
    Perez looks decent when he comes on.

Not sure if every one is of the same opinion but Colback witht he 2 games he played has been brilliant. Like hes been there with years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Enjoyed some of the link up play but jesus we have zero penetration and zero ideas. Janmaat had a decent game. Enjoy the way he cuts inside to have a pop on his left foot. Something Debuchy was really lacking for us.

Cabella could do with cutting out that play acting bollocks fairly sharpish.

Riviere runs and runs but he's so bloody isolated with support never coming quick enough.

Happy we didn't lose but we should have won.

Need a new CB and Remy back in there.

D_turbo wrote: »
    Hoping time will improve us.

Hope Cabellas play acting doesnt become a regular thing.
    Perez looks decent when he comes on.

Not sure if every one is of the same opinion but Colback witht he 2 games he played has been brilliant. Like hes been there with years

I'd like to think time will improve us. Unfortunately I see see the same ****ty tactics and the same lack of ideas and penetration as last year.

• Advertisement

Can anyone give me a valid reason why Pardew signed creative players? His system involves working hard and tracking back. Creativity is shunned (Ben Arfa). Why did we not sign players who are hard working and track back? Surely it would be much more effective in the system employed by Pardew than forcing creative players to do something they are not good at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Should he try force Chelsea's hand on Torres. I still rate him highly and believe he's got a lot in the tank still. It's trying to get cashley to pay up tho which will never happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M5 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a valid reason why Pardew signed creative players? His system involves working hard and tracking back. Creativity is shunned (Ben Arfa). Why did we not sign players who are hard working and track back? Surely it would be much more effective in the system employed by Pardew than forcing creative players to do something they are not good at?

Colback, de Jong, Janmaat and Rivière are all hard working players. You need a bit of creative quality in any team, and that's where Cabella comes in. Ben Arfa was just plain lazy for a lot of the season, but Cabella could eventually adapt to a higher work-rate.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Colback, de Jong, Janmaat and Rivière are all hard working players. You need a bit of creative quality in any team, and that's where Cabella comes in. Ben Arfa was just plain lazy for a lot of the season, but Cabella could eventually adapt to a higher work-rate.

Colback and Janmaat are certainly! Could not say the same for De Jong/Cabella who are the focal point of the team. If we have signed 5 colbacks I could understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

M5 wrote: »
    Colback and Janmaat are certainly! Could not say the same for De Jong/Cabella who are the focal point of the team. If we have signed 5 colbacks I could understand

Yeah as I said, Cabella isn't the hardest worker, but you need to sacrifice an engine or two for a bit of class sometimes. Hard work only gets you so far, and so far isn't good enough for Newcastle.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah as I said, Cabella isn't the hardest worker, but you need to sacrifice an engine or two for a bit of class sometimes. Hard work only gets you so far, and so far isn't good enough for Newcastle.

But we dont, Pardew forces the creative players to defend first, attack second. Thats what happens with HBA and the same will be expected of De Jong and Cabella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Wouldn't say no to Micah Richards either, lads. Be a good option to have and we'd get him cheap enough. Looks West Ham bound, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Duff wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to Micah Richards either, lads. Be a good option to have and we'd get him cheap enough. Looks West Ham bound, though.

He'd be a great signing if his wages were at all reasonable, we were supposedly offered him early in the summer for 4million,

We are very light at CB, if taylor or Colo gets injured this week, who do we have?

@leeRyder at the reserve game

Hatem Ben Arfa has just waltzed round four men and planted a shot past the keeper. 4-2 #nufc Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

We iz gonna win the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Still no goals scored by a Newcastle player after 3 games. Hopefully this will help MA get the cash out to get another striker in (apparently were still interested in Remy and Lacazette).

That won't happen though.....Antoine Sibierski anyone?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Drawn against Crystal Palace in the next round of the cup.

Still no goals scored by a Newcastle player after 3 games. Hopefully this will help MA get the cash out to get another striker in (apparently were still interested in Remy and Lacazette).

That won't happen though.....Antoine Sibierski anyone?! :pac:

We have Cisse and Riviere, that TWO strikers! TWO! more than enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Jack Colback called up to the England squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

So Palace to rally under Warnock today and play out of their skins? Is it just me or does it seem like we regularly face teams that have just gotten in a new manager and their first game is against us? No stats at hand but just feels like this happens at least 2 or 3 times a season!

Anyway, we really should be beating them today, home and away wins against them last season. I'm going to say 2-1.
    Only on the basis that we're a slightly less worse team then them and at home.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

twas a great save from krul :pac:

New season, same problems

Defense asleep

Comical defending.

How long must a team full of internationals continue to play like this before the manager is held accountable for the shambles?

Yes, its early, but its all too predictable

Good to see we've picked up where we left off last year.

Oh.

This is absolutely abysmal.

• Advertisement

why are we playing 1 up front,

this is a farce

bored to tears, cant land a set piece ball for love nor money. no shots on target either ?

riviere anonymous yet again, he needs a partner

i remember when newcastle used score goals, with ba and cisse up front. this lone striker is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Playing hoof-ball to 2 strikers of average height.....check

Poor delivery from deadball situation....check :mad:

that was almost nice! Instinct must have kicked in for the players!

36 mins in and the only save Speroni has made is from his own man

Suplex Long ball, repeat.
    Suplex Long ball, repeat
    Suplex Long ball, repeat

• Advertisement

We scored a goal! Can scarcely believe it.

get in.

miserable goal but its a goal

dogs dinner of a goal, but happy for janmaat

what is cabella doing with the set pieces? how many attempts does the lad need

And our set pieces are STILL horrible.

Three years and counting.

Pardew and his coaching staff really earning their stripes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement