Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Awful goal, will take it though

whats with the fcuking long fcuking ball???????? Jasus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

cabella has me worried, his build seems very slight and he is easily brushed off the ball. seems to be going down and crying like a baby at the slightest touch.

his fancy footwork is doing nothing either, hes like ben arfa, just works a bit harder

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bet he still won't get sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sadly i kinda wished for a run like this when the fixtures came out with tge hope that he gets tge sack after 4-6 games ...

No point going through performances like this iftge manager stays in charge ... If that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I absolutely love Arrons :D

Hes a breath of fresh air when he comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

we scored from a set piece?? :eek:

Cabella :mad:

Iron Mike!

Aarons has surely earned a start now.

• Advertisement

Wow! Another salable asset!

FFS, 2 players on the penalty spot have time to control and shoot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

supporting newcastle is hard work

I'm speechless.

Sack that clown now.

This club breaks my ****ing heart

At least 2 clear goals conceeded from poor defending..... but hey im sure Pardew will mention the "positive signs" from todays performance.

Its disgraceful defending no where near premiership standard.

Yesterday he comes out with the waffle that the squad is full, players will have to leave before we can bring in others, really its just to soften the blow of the sad reality we are done spending and once again ignoring the obvious gaping holes in the squad.
    We need an established center back for the first team, and a proven goalscorer at this standard. Now's not the time to be perspective buying with the intention to sell for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Pardew: "Perhaps we got wrapped up in the crowd trying to get a fourth and it's frustrating to concede."

The absolute neck and arrogance of that man is unbelievable...

God I can't stand him.

It was nothing to do with the awful start in both halves, the failure to close or mark players in the area, nothing to do with the failure to attack in the first half, nothing to do with (arguably) our best player sitting in the stands, certainly had nothing to do with the same tactics that didnt work last year being implemented again, nothing to do with the constant long high balls to a short attacking trio...

nah, sod that, it was the fans that caused it. Yeah!

cretin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bloody hell Pardew. Blame every thing around you and not yourself. Typical nonsense.

He's got 2 more games before I really start judging him but things are not looking good. New players, same tactics.

He's been talking about these offensive players yet he has them set up so fúcking deep.

2 games to turn things around for me but I'm not holding my breath.

Yanga-Mbwia off to Roma.

So he isn't good enough for Newcastle, but he's good enough for the 2nd placed side in Italy and to play Champions League football.

What more needs to be said about P45due?

The local newspapers are putting the boot in recently. 0 sympathy for the lad, had managed to get support as a victim of Ashley. He has managed to destroy that niche position himself with ridiculous interviews, headbutts and falling out with players.

He is a dead man walking, something has to give. Ashley or the fans will surely force this issue very very soon

I've a theory with Ben Arfa and Pardew.

If the noose around Pardew's neck is tightening somewhat he'll give Hatem a call up to the squad and he'll perform well. Cue the "like a new signing/I've got Hatem playing the right way again" shíte.

Cue a couple of good games to ease the pressure on Pardew.

January comes around and Ben Arfa will be sold. "Sold against my wishes and no time to find a replacement" shíte from Pardew.

Sympathy from rags, "ah it's Ashley the monster in this case. Poor Pardew"

And so he'll remain in charge for another season.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I've a theory with Ben Arfa and Pardew.

If the noose around Pardew's neck is tightening somewhat he'll give Hatem a call up to the squad and he'll perform well. Cue the "like a new signing/I've got Hatem playing the right way again" shíte.

Cue a couple of good games to ease the pressure on Pardew.

January comes around and Ben Arfa will be sold. "Sold against my wishes and no time to find a replacement" shíte from Pardew.

Sympathy from rags, "ah it's Ashley the monster in this case. Poor Pardew"

And so he'll remain in charge for another season.

unfortunately not unlikely

Mbwia leaving its seems, just as well we are well stocked at center half :rolleyes:

We aren't going to sign anyone, are we?

Tumbleweed.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

this has been doing the rounds today, i think it hits the nail right on the head
    Mapou Yanga-M'Biwa: 23-year-old league-winning captain and French international to back-up right-back in a team that's conceded 127 goals in two seasons.

Papiss Cissé: 22 goals in Bundesliga, second to only Mario Gomez in the scoring charts and the league's most effective striker, turned into an irrelveant right-winger without any technique, muscles or running-ability.

Davide Santon: Champions League winner and Italian international as a teenager, turned into a security risk without any positional awareness, consistently forced to put in crosses with the wrong foot.

Hatem Ben Arfa: Five-time French league winner, French international, wonderkid, hailed as the most talented of the 87' generation, frozen out from a team that scores in 1/3 games and behind Gabriel Obertan in the pecking order.

Moussa Sissoko: Industrial box-to-box midfielder, Young Player of the Year in Ligue 1 in 2010, French international valued at €30m in 2010, turned into right-midfield target of missiles if not confused "modern number ten" with no ability to score goals.

Yoan Gouffran: Quick, rather intelligent striker who scored 14 goals in Ligue 1 turned into pointless workhorse/extra full-back with no technique, movement or crossing-ability.

What we have to look forward to:

Remy Cabella: French international, scorer of 14 goals from midfield in mid-table Ligue 1 team, tbc.

Siem De Jong: Ajax league winning captain, Dutch international who performed well in the Champions League, tbc.

Daryl Janmaat: Dutch World Cup bronze-medal winner, tbc.

Jesus we really have some wasted talent..

****ing pardew

If Pardew gets rid of HBA at the last minute this window, I fear the tide will really turn on him come the next game.

The club always seems to do something when there's an international break in the hope that by the time a game comes back around fans will forget about it.

He's a dead man walking. It's just a question of when.

That list of players is astounding. Has any other club squandered a list of talent like that?

Oh lets sell / loan out some players with 2 hours of the transfer window left, with absolutely no intention of replacing them.

the mind boggles..

• Advertisement

Pardew marginalises one of the most exciting players we've had in a while.
    Ben Arfa gone on loan to Hull.
    Bruce will let him do what he does - Attacking flair in proper position.
    Strengthens a squad we could possibly be fighting against come the end of the season.

Good man Pardew... Now fúck off.

I'm not saying that HBA is the be all and end all of NUFC but he's a good asset to have on your side and can offer something different.

Cabella, De Jong, HBA, Riviere could have been a really interesting and exciting forward line.

And yet Pardew will still say that we've had a good transfer window despite not addressing the fact that we only have THREE senior central defenders.

The tide is turning...

Two players out on deadline day.

So much for the "one has to go before we can get one in" eh?

I've had enough of the lies. And I don't buy the "ah but you've bought well earlier in the window so you can't really complain" bullshít.

We've bought for the first time in 18 months with some huge gaping holes that will remain unfilled for the forseeable.

Pray ben arfa doesnt go...Pardew gets the sack..
    New coach brings in Ben arfa...Fufills hes potential.

Pardew neer manages again.

wishful thinking

I hate supporting this club right now.

No pressure on our 3 DCs to perform now, sure who'll take their place if their ****e?!

is ben arfa gone?

And lets not forget how prolific we've looked up top :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ben arfa at hull at minute. Not sure if confirmed. Pardew is a tosser

D_turbo wrote: »
    is ben arfa gone?

Hull have extention to deadline to get deal done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Centre Back and a Striker, the world and its dog new we needed these players 3 months ago. Why they haven't been signed is anybodys guess?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hull have extention to deadline to get deal done

Jesus.. I hate pardew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

The selling of HBA is tough to stomach. I mean, how do you freeze out and let go of a player who can do this.

I was feeling very apathetic towards Newcastle as it was since the season begun and this shows why it's hard to be invested in this current Newcastle side.

Pardew ain't going anywhere guys. We will finish 14th/13th and that will be good enough for Ashley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

TaosHum wrote: »
    The selling of HBA is tough to stomach. I mean, how do you freeze out and let go of a player who can do this.

I was feeling very apathetic towards Newcastle as it was since the season begun and this shows why it's hard to be invested in this current Newcastle side.

Pardew ain't going anywhere guys. We will finish 14th/13th and that will be good enough for Ashley.

agreed with alot of that but I really can see us being major relegation candidates this year,
    im sure riviere will be good (carr is usually on the ball) given a run, but when cisse comes back he will be in and i have no confidence he can do the job anymore,
    colo is another worry i dread seeing willo/taylor line up this year it would be a bloodbath! also relying on gouf and cabella staying fit and in form for a whole season, aarons while he looks good has no experience and is young, and obertan, well we all know about obertan!
    How we didnt go all out for Alderweireld/richards i will never know he looks a like for like replacement for colo who is 32 now and we gotta be planning for life after him.
    Im all for building something like everton did under moyes spending little but growing in strength but pardew is simply not the man to bring the club forward, he is rash, confrontational, tactically clueless and it really appears a really poor coach.
    Had we got rid of him during the xmas run of 2012 we had a host of choice manager wise martinez being the standout in hindsight but today we have to be thinking that moyes is the perfect fit, being a manager who could work under the tight financial constraints we have at the club
    Its gonna be another long disappointing season by the looks of it :(

Don't know whether to sigh or yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I've just recovered from Electric Picnic to wake up to this shíte. Not one bit surprised, mind. I may finish the last of the yokes to fight the depression.

Duff wrote: »
    I've just recovered from Electric Picnic to wake up to this shíte. Not one bit surprised, mind. I may finish the last of the yokes to fight the depression.

Sound like a plan, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

TaosHum wrote: »

Worst thing about that video is Pardew at the end applauding him. He is the man who signed him, but something went terribly wrong over the last couple of years - Pardew's ego being one, his tactical ineptitude being another..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

A really depressing sight

1409615642990_wps_14_Ben_Arfa_HULL_FC_Twitter_.jpg

Any chance of Pardew getting the bullet seem to have left with HBA. Clearly if he is allowed to get shot of one of our best players because of a falling out he is here for the long haul.

Only boycotts will hit MA and his patsy, sadly that is never going to happen. The slow inexorable destruction of the club will continue

• Advertisement

if true .... I've never wished for two lack luster / poor performances more than in the next 2 games ...c'mon Pardew ... make it happen :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-manager-alan-pardew-has-two-games-to-save-his-job-at-st-james-park-9707489.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement