Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Moneymaker wrote: »

Scary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sherwood is interested apparently.

If he brought Les with him i'd drive him up myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Sherwood is interested apparently.

If he brought Les with him i'd drive him up myself.

No thanks, from talking to spurs fans he's another tactically inept arrogant, fan and player blaming manager....

M5 wrote: »
    No thanks, from talking to spurs fans he's another tactically inept arrogant, fan and player blaming manager....

He seemed like he did a reasonable job from the outside looking in.

And he's not Alan Pardew. Reason enough to hire him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

bazual wrote: »
    Unless we go on an extremely bad run over the next few games, Hull (h), Stoke, Swansea (A) I can't see cAshley getting rid of him.

Well, we've been on an extremely bad run since last December...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Would take any of the top 3, the rest can f..............

322346.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bielsa would be ideal if he wasn't managing Marseille. Moyes or Laudrup and I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I would love moyes to get the job ( if it eever becomes available ...

probably a little sentimental but shearer / lee / beardsley and (and ex defender) to be part of backroom staff

PS given the history, surprised JFK is only 33's

JFK...

I don't even...

Dont even want to contemplate him but ... with his links to Ashley, and at 33/1 ... bookies could be on to a hiding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

He seemed like he did a reasonable job from the outside looking in.

And he's not Alan Pardew. Reason enough to hire him.

What I heard time and time again was that when it went well it was all about Tim, when it wasn't going well he blamed the players. Remind you of anyone?

but atleast Tim S gave youth players a chance in the first team ( Bentaleb, Kane, ...) ...

Still think Moyes is my first choice tho, not that it seems to matter, I reckon we need to be on the verge of dropping down t0 the conference before they would consider Pardew's position

Ashley is feeding Pardew to the lions.

He wants Pardew to walk so he doesn't have to pay him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Would take your arm off to have Moyes at the club..... think he would be an excellent manager

Ashley is feeding Pardew to the lions.

He wants Pardew to walk so he doesn't have to pay him off.

Not a chance Pardew walks, why would he with 6 years of an 8 year contract to run? :rolleyes:

Not a chance Pardew walks, why would he with 6 years of an 8 year contract to run? :rolleyes:

Where did I say I think he would?

:rolleyes: yourself

The point was, Ashley is such a cheapskate he'd rather Pardew walks(which won't happen) then pay him off.

Make no mistake, Saturday is going to be an absolute bear pit, 52000 people will be baying for blood. Ashley is hoping Pardew walks to avoid it. The man's ego is so absurdly large however, he'll carry on regardless of what happens, making excuse after excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Where did I say I think he would?

:rolleyes: yourself

Don't think he was doing the rolleyes smiley at you pal. More of an annoyance at the situation more than anything methinks.

---

It wouldn't surprise me if Kinnear got the job tbh but I think Ashley is smarter than that. If he was appointed crowds would plummet and rightly so.

Would take Bruce or Moyes but I don't think we'll get either.

If Ashley is hoping that Pardew walks we'll be stuck with him for a while. Pardew will never have a high profile job like this again and he'll not walk from it.

If his ego wasn't so big he'd have gone a long time ago but he's not interested in saving face for future career moves it seems.

Pathetic man really. Even more pathetic regime. Probably the lowest since the relegation season in my mind. All the potential to do something this season and we're pissing it all away. New recruits must be wondering what the fúck they've signed up to.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Don't think he was doing the rolleyes smiley at you pal. More of an annoyance at the situation more than anything methinks.

I'm just in a bad mood. This fecking club.

:pac:

I'm just in a bad mood. This fecking club.

:pac:

yeah the rolleyes was aimed at the stupidity of his contract.

PardewTheFacts.png

• Advertisement

A lad on my Twitter feed just retweeted this.
    Jonás Gutiérrez on @TyCSports : "I got my left testicle removed in Argentina. When I came back to England, [Pardew] told me to leave." Wow.

Lots of tweets about him having/had cancer on Twitter. Awful news if true. Whatever I felt about him as a player, he is one of ours at the end of the day.

Whatever I feel about Pardew, I don't think he'd tell someone to leave for essentially being sick. It would damage his own rep even further and would absolutely rock the club's name and rep.

I think people's attitude towards Pardew is leaving any space for rational thought.

Awful news - best of luck to him in his recovery.

Photo of him didn't paint a pretty picture, mind.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There was a lot of ranting and raving about how good a scout Alan Carr's da was, finding great talent recently for Newcastle.

Has he retired? Or was he just lucky?

NIMAN wrote: »
    There was a lot of ranting and raving about how good a scout Alan Carr's da was, finding great talent recently for Newcastle.

Has he retired? Or was he just lucky?

We have the village idiot and his side kick on the coaching ground. That's the problem.

Get well soon Jonas.

Newcastle United can confirm that winger Jonas Gutierrez is continuing to receive treatment in Argentina after being diagnosed with testicular cancer.

The Club has been aware of Jonas' condition for some time but has respected his wish for privacy as he undergoes treatment with his friends and family around him.

Newcastle United managing director, Lee Charnley, said: "We have and will continue to offer Jonas our full support.

"We thank our fans for their kind messages of support for Jonas and the thoughts and best wishes of everyone connected to Newcastle United are with him at this time."

The club kindly requests that Jonas' privacy is respected ahead of further enquiries.

Quite a few things are not clarified(Are they covering his medical expenses? What about the alleged incident with Pardew?), but it's better then nothing I suppose.

I saw the Chronicle website did some of his best moments in our colours.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/top-five-jonas-gutierrez-moments-7787499

His performance away to Stoke in 11/12 stands out the most to me. Ran himself into the ground.

Anyone looking forward to tomorrow in a masochistic kind of way?

It's going to be a complete train wreck.

• Advertisement

Anyone looking forward to tomorrow in a masochistic kind of way?

It's going to be a complete train wreck.

I seriously hope it is a shocker of a performance, result, lacking interest from the players with a vicious atmosphere .... I just want Pardew gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Pardew's response after a 3-0 drumming..

"Half the lads were wrecked from queuing up all night for the iPhone 6 launch and it clearly showed out there today."

Alan Pardew will face up to the boo boys during Newcastle United’s vital clash with Hull City.

Pardew dived for cover and didn’t move from his seat at Southampton as the fans turned on him during the 4-0 hammering on the south coast.

It is believed that Pardew did so because he did not want any further negativity flowing on to the field by attracting boos and moving from his seat.

Sources at United say that it was a bid to “protect” his players but now Pardew is about to change tack.

The Chronicle can reveal that Pardew told his players in a meeting this week that he was prepared to ‘take one for the team’ amidst what is certain to be an emotionally charged atmosphere.

Indeed, it is understood that Pardew is toying with the idea of absorbing the bulk of the vitriol in the first 10 minutes by standing in the technical area in an attempt to let the atmosphere die down.

Unlike the Cardiff City game last season, when United won 3-0 but he was still targeted by angry fans, Pardew will ignore any stick that comes his way.

That day he was booed when entering the technical area before being cheered back to his seat when he sat down, leaving John Carver to conduct duties.

Newcastle United fans with a banner in reference to manager Alan PardewNewcastle United fans with a banner in reference to manager Alan Pardew
    But one of Pardew’s meetings this week focused on the potentially poisonous atmosphere and how the players and coaching staff will deal with it.

Pardew asked his players if they will be OK to play amidst the boos.

And after an open and honest take on the situation Pardew received a positive response from his players, who left the room looking motivated about the task in hand.

Pardew said ahead of the game: “For me it’s important I absorb the criticism.

“I am offended a little bit that there is an arrogance and ego about me in the job.

“I don’t take it for granted that I am Newcastle manager, of course I don’t. I’m under pressure. I need a result.”

Pardew turned down the chance to explain last weekend’s heavy defeat at Southampton by failing to do his post-game Press conference.

Ahead of the Hull game he said he would give an explanation regardless of the result. But he opted for the “damned if you do and damned if you don’t” card.

He said: “With the fans, everything I say is an excuse. I get that.

“So I need to try to prepare the team in the best possible manner and take away my situation.

“The one thing we do know is that this isn’t going to go away on Saturday.”

“We need to accept that’s going to happen and deal with it.”

He won't last 30 seconds, never mind 10 minutes.

The nerve of this man.

Win, lose or draw it doesn't matter. You're done. Just walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Hull -2.0 are 25/1 tomorrow.... That's pretty good odds for a very likely result.

Hard to know what team will turn up tomorrow.... Will we put up a fight or just roll over and give up again

luder wrote: »
    Hull -2.0 are 25/1 tomorrow.... That's pretty good odds for a very likely result.

Hard to know what team will turn up tomorrow.... Will we put up a fight or just roll over and give up again

Nearly temped to stick a fiver on it! Who's it with? A hammering tomorrow surely has to be the final straw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Duff wrote: »
    Nearly temped to stick a fiver on it! Who's it with? A hammering tomorrow surely has to be the final straw.

That's with paddy power.... I hope that a defeat of any sort will spell the end of this clown but I've a feeling he will get a result and the pressure will ease and were stuck with him for longer

A win tomorrow will delay the inevitable. Nothing more.

So, ...

How does today work? Can we openly shout for Hull or do we have to pretend that we want Newcastle to win?

If it means the end of Pardew..

Let's just say if Shane Long grabs a brace in a 0-3 victory for Hull, it won't be all bad.

At least he'll be well set for the internationals..... :pac:

Day of reckoning we hope. BBC reckon Moyes is ready to swoop in if given the opportunity. here's hoping lads.

• Advertisement

hope for a toxic atmosphere before the game, at the start of the game followed by a very early HULL goal to send the crowd over the top....

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Obviously want Newcastle to win...but really will cover the cracks and pardew Will claim there on a good roll and what not.

If we get hammered and he still doesnt get the sack itll kill me

nah mate, if a beating secures pardews exit then i'd take a whooooooping ...

I've completely lost faith in this manager, tactics, excusses, results ... the beatings jsut keep on coming, so the worse the result today, the better

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    nah mate, if a beating secures pardews exit then i'd take a whooooooping ...

I've completely lost faith in this manager, tactics, excusses, results ... the beatings jsut keep on coming, so the worse the result today, the better

If play 4-2-3-1 again today we deserve a hammering.

And people will wonder why riverie hasnt done a thing or why were lacking shots.

God hes a retard.

Just seen line up....what an.absolute ape...hammering it is

Dummet :(

So apparently MA spoke to sky and stated that no matter what happens today he'll be patient ..... so where did the 2 games to save Pardew line come from?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So apparently MA spoke to sky and stated that no matter what happens today he'll be patient ..... so where did the 2 games to save Pardew line come from?

I'd read nothing into that frankly.

If anything thats the dreaded vote of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Normal managers after a hammering: Raft of changes across the team
    Pardew after a hammering: Change the left back

Sounds like the massive protest is turning out to be bit of a damp squib!

Surprise surprise Pardew walks around on his technical area this week. Pathetic.

I'm amazed to hear the attitude so positive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement