Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ah man!!!

How many games do we need to loose now again for him to be considered on the brink again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

If we get a third, pardew will think he is god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

In fairness it's hard to fault the effort of the players today.

And the support has been tremendous, more then they and especially the village idiot deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pardew will make this all about him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Not forgetting that a 2-2 draw against Hull at home is a dismal result which shouldn't be tolerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Will we have to endure 10 years of Sammy aswell?

No win yet but Pardew will have us believe that a draw against Hull at home is good enough.

Happy for players but Pardew can now fúck off. Today does not gloss over the damage he and Ashley have set in to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Can't believe that. I'm delighted for Cissé, but I wish he just could have kept the heroics for Moyes' first game in charge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Poor performance against an average team. Too many stupid simple mistakes that can be cut out in the training ground if we had a manager and a coaching staff up to the Job. Thank fcuk Cisse is back as Rivierre is just pure muck at the moment, Xisco was better than him.

Not gonna happen but Pardew Out!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Not even watching his post match interview because I'd end up putting my fist through my laptop screen.

• Advertisement

Pardew praised the fans today. Said 80 per cent were good to him. They were supporting the players. This "me me me" attitude about Pardew when things go ok is what people hate him for.

His ego is so out of fúcking whack it's not even funny. He looked like a nervous wreck today and good enough for the fúcker. He's robbed a living as Newcastle manager for longer than he should be allowed to.

We're stuck with him for the forseeable methinks. Torture. This club is fúcking torture.

5 of the next 7 games are away from home. Where the **** are the points going to come from? We have a brutal December too. Odds are good we are bottom at Christmas.

Surely 1 or 2 bad results are all it will take.

So P45due has since said having Cisse on the bench was a risk and his medical staff felt he shouldn't have played.

Acts of a desperate man, just as playing de Jong was. He got out of jail this time.
    "Now, there are two things: you either can’t handle it – then don’t play for this football club; or you handle it, and I think they proved that today in very, very difficult circumstances. Trust me, I have played as a footballer and not at a stadium as full as this, but with that same negativity level at Crystal Palace and at other clubs, at Charlton at times, and it’s very, very difficult.

"The players came through that today. They came through all the criticism of how bad they were at Southampton plus the negativity of today, and that will stand them in good stead to be Newcastle players."

FFS.

seen a headline that he thinks mid table is anow a possibility ... we only drew with Hull FFS!

sackpardew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doocey wrote: »
    Let's just say if Shane Long grabs a brace in a 0-3 victory for Hull, it won't be all bad.

At least he'll be well set for the internationals..... :pac:

Day of reckoning we hope. BBC reckon Moyes is ready to swoop in if given the opportunity. here's hoping lads.

I said Shane Long didn't I? Just a week late with that one!!

Poor performance again IMO, sadly, it prolongs his stay :(

It is actually sickening that he risked Cisse when the medical staff told him he should not have played!

Just shows the man is only out to serve his own cause rather than taking action for the benefit of the club.

Typical BBC ... made the first 1/2 look like newcastle might have had the better of it ... never even showed the dissallowed Jelavic gol

Seriously angry/disheartened that it looks like Ashley won't sack Pardew regardless of what happens. As mentioned earlier today, MA gave him the vote of confidence regardless of what happened today.

Ridiculous at this stage. Sickened.

Lowest stage in all my years supporting NUFC to be honest, and that's tough for me to say.

And, GT_TDI_150, I have robbed your sig image btw! :)

• Advertisement

Sooo, 24hrs later and were back at the bottom of the table ...

at least we got a point against the mighty Hull

So Pardew is being given time and patience to get it right. Despite showing relegation for 2 years now.

The man is Teflon. He is literally unsackable.

We are ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Moneymaker wrote: »
    So Pardew is being given time and patience to get it right. Despite showing relegation for 2 years now.

The man is Teflon. He is literally unsackable.

We are ****ed.

Really can't believe how much stick Pardew gets. Surely the real problems are higher up in the boardroom ?

greendom wrote: »
    Really can't believe how much stick Pardew gets. Surely the real problems are higher up in the boardroom ?

partially ..

but when the man makes 'tactical decisions that are off the wall, followed by unbelievable excuses, etc ... he is to blame for the poor form of the team ... EVERY PLAYER has deteriorated under him, we buy in hugely talented players that paredew manages to turn into average performers.

Dont forget he got lucky against Hull, we were 0-2 down and he brings on Cisse ... BY TAKING OFF THE OTHER STRIKER ... only Pardew would consider continuing to play 1 up to a valid way to try claw back a 2 goal deficit...

His man management is non-existant ... Cisse was really struggling for goals and form last season, when he did finally score ... Pardew stuck him on the bench for the next game ...

I am really surprised that the Sunderland fans haven't created a savepardew.com website yet. Paully D, what's the craic?

greendom wrote: »

The problems have been higher than Pardew for quite some time. It's a real "job for the boys" type of thing now with Newcastle it seems. Filled from top to bottom with people who haven't got a clue.

Ashley doesn't give a fúck about the fans. He's ruthless. He's made a living off being ruthless so why change now when it's still early doors in the season? If anything more and more neutrals will watch Newcastle games because of the uproar directed at Pardew.

Those watching will be subconsciously directed to the Sports Directs hoardings plastered all over St. James' Park.

The longer the media stay focused on this circus, the more curious punters will come looking and will be subjected to Ashley's company which in turn provides free advertising and may prompt many to buy from him and his company.

This is just guess work but Ashley doesn't strike me as someone who is stupid in the business sense. Footballing wise he is clueless and has proved this time and time again.

His contempt for the fans is a travesty and that is a bridge that will never be mended. No communication to the fans about goings on/future developments ever takes place and the anger towards him is justified.

Him sticking by Pardew is staggering despite nearly dragging us through another relegation and doing his level best to get us relegated last season.

Ashley is the problem and Pardew has found himself in a cushy job which he is not going to lose by the looks of things. The numbers against Pardew would be enough to have him sacked 10 times over. But it's not just his tactics and style of play. He's an egotistical fella. He's very much like Pulis in that he'll blame everything and everyone but himself when things don't go our way.

When we win he dedicates wins to Mike Ashley. He should no better than to be doing that despite knowing that the relationship between fans and owner is dead.

He's just a wholly unlikable man. I used to admire a bit of passion when he'd rub Martin O'Neill up the wrong way or when he pushed a fourth official against Spurs but in truth he's making a mockery of the managers job. A managers job that was held in great stead by Sir Bobby Robson.

The complete opposite of Pardew in every possible way.

I've said it over and over again but what the club used to be and the way it's being driven into the ground hurts and it hurts a lot. I've no affiliation with Newcastle United other than I support them and have been over many times but when you can't do something to try and save the thing you put your fúcking time and dedication into, that's when it really feels hopeless.

I'm not saying that I want us to go out and have a billionaire owner. I just want a competitive team set up right that I can enjoy watching again. That's it. That's all I want and we're not even being given the fundamentals of this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm not saying that I want us to go out and have a billionaire owner. I just want a competitive team set up right that I can enjoy watching again. That's it. That's all I want and we're not even being given the fundamentals of this.

Mike Ashley is a billionaire. Depressing really.

Mike Ashley is a billionaire. Depressing really.

Well, what I meant to say is that I don't necessarily want us to go out and spunk money on everybody for the sake of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

St James' Park

I think you'll find it's actually
    Puma Sports Direct.Com Arena @ St Jame's Park

:pac:

The Master wrote: »
    I think you'll find it's actually

:pac:
    Think you'll find wonga got the naming right with the shirt deal an returned it to st james park

;)

Some intriguing stories about Alan Pardew and his ego, but what takes the biscuit is the one from Steve Bacon.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Krul, Gouffran and Cisse don't travel for the Palace game due to illness.
    Well there's Pardew's excuse sorted already

Newcastle United starting XI: Elliot; Janmaat, Coloccini (c), S.Taylor, Dummett; Abeid, Colback; Obertan, Armstrong, Ameobi; Riviere

Subs: Alnwick, Haidara, Anita, Sissoko, Cabella, Ferreyra, Perez

Newcastle United starting XI: Elliot; Janmaat, Coloccini (c), S.Taylor, Dummett; Abeid, Colback; Obertan, Armstrong, Ameobi; Riviere

Subs: Alnwick, Haidara, Anita, Sissoko, Cabella, Ferreyra, Perez

Isnt tonight the night to play a perez?

Riviere needs a goal. Seems as good a night as any to try get it.

MANU

MANU

MANU

MANU

Great finish to be fair.

Palace make it 2-2 lol.

Winner drawn away to City.

Lol.

Palace make it 2-2 lol.

Winner drawn away to City.

Lol.

someone score an og please

Double kick in the balls.

At least Ayoze, Saylor and Arma are getting a decent run out.....

Is the draw done already ... is it really City at theirs?

BTW, if the comeback on saturday saved Pardew, what will todays comeback do for him if Palace win?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Yes.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

BTW, if the comeback on saturday saved Pardew, what will todays comeback do for him if Palace win?

2 year contract extension...

When we're humped by Stoke on Monday, he'll have an excuse ready too;

"Well we played 120 mins last Wednesday and that clearly showed out there tonight, we couldn't compete with Stoke out there."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Nice. Now we can get thrashed by City. :P

Better performance in fairness. We should have won easily in 90 mins. Armstrong looks a prospect. A few positives.

I think I know why we are seeing decent performances since 1/2 time on saturday ...

Pardews Team talk consisted of one question: " Do you really want JFK to come back and take over as manager?!?!"

Scared the Sh!te out of the players by all account!

It's almost impressive Ashley has brought two people even more incompetent and loathsome then Pardew in his time here. Wise and JFK.

Quite an accomplishment.

Ashley exclusively told The Independent that under-fire boss Pardew "had one more game" and that a defeat in the Premier League at Stoke on Monday night would be the end of Pardew's four-year tenure at St James' Park.

Pardew has been feeling the heat on Tyneside all season and fans made a high-profile protest after their recent 4-0 drubbing at Southampton, and handed out more than 30,000 leaflets demanding his head at the 2-2 home draw with Hull.

The club sit bottom of the table with just three points to their name after the first five games and Ashley, the man who bought the club in 2007, is losing patience and broke his silence on Pardew's future when he spoke to a reporter on Thursday night in Soho.

"He's got one more game," Ashley is reported to have told The Independent. "If we lose against Stoke on Monday night, then he's gone. I have had enough.

"Dead. Finished. Over. One more game, then that's it. What would you do? I have spent a lot of money on that club, it's cost me a lot. I won't put up with it any more.

"That's all I am prepared to say about it and now that I've said it, it's out there. You can do what you want with it."

However, Ashley's lawyer quickly released a statement which stated his client was 'humouring' the reporter in question: "Mr Ashley responded, tongue in cheek, that Mr Pardew had two more games before being sacked.

"To put this into perspective, over the past few weeks certain reporters have stated that they believe that Mr Pardew has two more games before being sacked. Mr Ashley was therefore 'humouring' your reporter."

The message was reiterated by Pardew when he carried out his pre-match press conference on Saturday morning.

Pardew said: "I've not seen him. [Ashley]. I've spoken to him this week - he's obviously very keen for us to get victories, that's what he's about. That's what we're about, winning.

"I've been made aware of his comments in the paper, I've been under pressure at this club for a number of weeks now. All I can focus on now is the team and that's what I'll do."

Asked if his future was more than a joke, Pardew replied: "Yeah, but sometimes things are taken out of context. If it was a sit-down interview done in a serious manner, I'd be a lot more concerned than I am today, that's for sure."

Doesn't sound very tongue in cheek to me.

"Humouring your reporter"

My bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Cant see what Ashley had to gain from making a statement like that. Could well have been winding up the reporter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement