Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

YOHAN YOU FÚCKING BEAUT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Get In!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Lovely finish Cabaye get in

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Brilliant, another poor performance until HBA comes on.

bazual wrote: »
    Brilliant, another poor performance until HBA comes on.

Can see changes next week. Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Cabaye have worked very well together.

Wigan.. Fookin' cloggers.

Fúck yes. Now come on Norwich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Still unbeaten, the real work starts now I'd say. Great platform though.

Stoke v Newcastle, 20:00
    Newcastle v Everton, 12:45
    Man City v Newcastle, 15:00
    Man Utd v Newcastle, 15:00
    Newcastle v Chelsea, 12:45

mike65 wrote: »
    Still unbeaten, the real work starts now I'd say. Great platform though.

Stoke v Newcastle, 20:00
    Newcastle v Everton, 12:45
    Man City v Newcastle, 15:00
    Man Utd v Newcastle, 15:00
    Newcastle v Chelsea, 12:45

Very tough games coming up alright. Stoke is going to be incredibly tough.

Tough few weeks ahead alright.

Blackburn in the CC during the week first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'd be aiming for either 5 or 7 points depending on how confident of beating Stoke I was if I were a Newcastle fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Joey will not be missed as much as Enrique or Nolan.

I'd argue you've got the short memory, how about assessing Barton over the 4 seasons he's been here, not one?

The only ones who want to mark this sale as a disaster are - and should only be - the poisoned pen journos. The fans should not be interested in @jbarton07 (or whatever the feck his tw@tter name is) staying at the club. He was poor against Arsenal, really poor - I don't expect him to cut them apart, but ONE decent set piece isn't too much to ask, is it? Sunderland not much better.

As a character and as a footballer, we have better at the club. Obertan is a natural right winger, Gosling a more all-round player. Again, I loathe the board for managing to make him worth f*ck all (that's just stupid), but he won't be missed. It'll be a bit of a relief him not being around.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, just trying to counteract the opinion that his departure is catastrophic for the club. It is not..
    Well look who's proven (so far) to be right.. :cool:

Joey who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

And Obertan HAS to be dropped for the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Love to see Marveaux start the next game ahead of Obertan. I think if Obertan gets dropped then it will make him improve, plus I think Obertan would be a very good impact sub.

I expect to see something like the following line up on Wednesday for Blackburn

Elliot
    ---Santon----Colo
    Perch--Ferguson----
    Guthrie----Abeid
    ----Gosling
    Ben Arfa
    Marveaux---
    Lovenkrands

4 point gap between ourselves and Liverpool.... What the fúck is going on?

Level with Chelsea, a point behind Man Utd, lets push on now for second and consolidate it :D

Level with Chelsea, a point behind Man Utd, lets push on now for second and consolidate it :D

Shhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Beekay wrote: »
    15 years ago today! Was such a great game, being a lonely Newcastle Fan in school at 9 years old surrounded by Man. Utd. fans this was such a great game to go into school after.

I have that on VHS somewhere :)

Been traveling for the last few weeks, no mobile coverage or anything. Getting 3g now and again to check up on scores etc, did my head in!

This is nuts lads, 1 point from second after 9 games

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

I expect to see something like the following line up on Wednesday for Blackburn

Elliot
    ---Santon----Colo
    Perch--Ferguson----
    Guthrie----Abeid
    ----Gosling
    Ben Arfa
    Marveaux---
    Lovenkrands

Maybe throw in Kadar at centre half instead of Perch apart from that your team is something close to what i would like to see.. Vucknic on the bench as well.. unsure whats the best approach, put out a full strenght team at this stage of the competition or stick with the B team.

Shola out for 4-6 weeks with a hamstring injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

That_Guy wrote: »
    4 point gap between ourselves and Liverpool.... What the fúck is going on?
    Best defensive record in the league, I certainly wouldn't have expected that statistic after 9 games.

Best defensive record in the league, I certainly wouldn't have expected that statistic after 9 games.

To be honest, I don't think anybody did. We'll not finish there but it's fun to milk it while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

To be honest Newcastle are up there on merit.
    They can only beat the teams put in front of them and they have done that.

I don't mind admitting i was really wrong about Newcastle and thought they'd struggle a bit with all the departures

I'd be quite happy with this type of team for this weeks game.
    Elliot

Santon --- Colo --- Saylor --- Ferguson

Marveaux --- Guthrie --- Smith --- Lovenkrands

Best --- Ben Arfa

While, I'd like to field a significantly weaker team, I think Pardew will want to field a side that has a habit of winning in order to progress. We've had horrific luck in this competition with pulling out the big name sides early on. A win sees us into the quarter final of this competition and to be honest, it's a cup we have a pretty decent chance of winning imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Disappointed to see Harper go out on loan,even if its only for a month,I was looking forward to seeing him get a run out against blackburn.Pardew must really rate this Elliot fella,not sure why though,from what I seen of him against nottingham forest he was very david de gea with crosses and could have stopped 2 of their goals,I hope krul stays fit and this doesn't backfire.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Disappointed to see Harper go out on loan,even if its only for a month,I was looking forward to seeing him get a run out against blackburn.Pardew must really rate this Elliot fella,not sure why though,from what I seen of him against nottingham forest he was very david de gea with crosses and could have stopped 2 of their goals,I hope krul stays fit and this doesn't backfire.

Letting Forster leave was also a strange one.

Don't worry, you have Soderberg. :pac:

• Advertisement

Tiote and Steven Taylor out for tomorrow's game. Tiote has a knee injury and Taylor has a broken nose.

G.K. wrote: »
    Don't worry, you have Soderberg. :pac:

He's on loan to Darlington at the moment.

We've only got Elliot and Krul... Jesus, I hope Krul doesn't get injured.

Tiote and Steven Taylor out for tomorrow's game. Tiote has a knee injury and Taylor has a broken nose.

A lot of our players will have broken noses when we go to play the rugby team on monday! hopefully tiote and taylor will be back,2 players we need badly against the aerial bombardement.

A lot of our players will have broken noses when we go to play the rugby team on monday! hopefully tiote and taylor will be back,2 players we need badly against the aerial bombardement.

We're covered in midfield but if Steven Taylor isn't back, we're down to James Perch as Willo is still injured.

Kadar?

G.K. wrote: »
    Kadar?

Have absolutely no idea where he is. Seems to be the forgotten man really.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Have absolutely no idea where he is. Seems to be the forgotten man really.

Came out last week saying he would like to push for a place in the first time. We are really screwed at Centre Half in terms of replacements. How long is Williamson out for?

gav86 wrote: »
    Came out last week saying he would like to push for a place in the first time. We are really screwed at Centre Half in terms of replacements. How long is Williamson out for?

Not sure really. Was a pre ty bad injury he picked up. Not expecting him back anytime soon really.

I wonder if Santon is capable of playing at CB in case shít hits the fan. May have no other option really in the future... at least until January.

Not sure really. Was a pre ty bad injury he picked up. Not expecting him back anytime soon really.

I wonder if Santon is capable of playing at CB in case shít hits the fan. May have no other option really in the future... at least until January.

I think smudge could do a job there if push came to shove.

• Advertisement

So its 2-0 to blackburn??.................suppose we can't win them all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

2-2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

2-2 it'll be extra time

Commentator's curse....come on cabaye

Unbelieveable turnaround! Come on lads use the momentum to snatch awinner in ET

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

MikeBridge__Mike Bridge

Cabaye's free-kick was outstanding. Great signing from Pardew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

3 - 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Tough stuff to take that, but fantastic spirit shown from the lads as always.
    What a player Cabaye is, signing of the season so far.

Good to see Guthrie getting a nice goal, and a few of the other lads getting a run out.
    Back to the league business now :)

More than likely would've got one of the Manchester sides anyway, ah well.

Some result that. Pity it didn't work in our favour but to be fair we've got some serious fight in our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mark Douglas has tweeted a story from The Mirror stating that Liverpool are watching Collocini and Comolli has watched him personally. The writer (Alan Nixon) is apparently well in there with Liverpool's chief scout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Paully D wrote: »
    Mark Douglas has tweeted a story from The Mirror stating that Liverpool are watching Collocini and Comolli has watched him personally. The writer (Alan Nixon) is apparently well in there with Liverpool's chief scout.

Liverpool would be a step backwards for Colo, doubt he'd be interested. Surely he'd rather be at a club challenging for the title/Champions League football. :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement