Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    heres hoping. our midfield will have a bit more to do against Everton than against Stoke

Yep. Hopefully Tiote's back. To be fair to Guthrie, he slotted in very well on Monday. I've often given him stick but he put in a good shift. Don't want to change too many players but I'd like this for Saturday:
    Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- S Taylor --- R Taylor

Marveaux --- Tiote --- Cabaye --- Jonas

Ba --- Best

If it ain't broke, don't fix it as such. Marveaux will slot in in a straight swap.

I'll be over for the game myself. Gallowgate here I come. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'd have Jonas switched to the right, and put Marveauz on the left.
    Gosling could do a job on the right either.
    Or even Ben Arfa right/left.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Prob be better to leave Jonas and Raylor together, they have played a good few games together and that flank is working well.. Mareaux from the start and if its not working then there is always HBA or Gosling from the bench.. Cabaye will need a big game, was poor against Stoke i thought

Finally an "occupy" movement I can get on board with. ;)

tumblr_ltzfza9Z4H1qz7guc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I posted this in the travel section but I thought I might get better idea's here.
    Hi ,can anyone recommend a pub to watch the first leg of the play offs around Newcastle city centre.A mate is having his stag there next weekend and everyone going wants to see the game on the Friday night.There will be 35 of them so need a decent spot that might be showing it on a big screen and wont mind a big crowd of lads watching a game on a friday night.

any help much appreciated.

• Advertisement

SAM JACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Marveaux in, Guthrie keeps his place

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Alright lads!! Anyone got a decent link for this one???

Anoeta wrote: »
    Alright lads!! Anyone got a decent link for this one???

livescorehunter.com and myp2p.bz usually have a decent selection

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

What a finish :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

We could be thread bare for the 3 difficult matches coming up

kennyb3 wrote: »
    We could be thread bare for the 3 difficult matches coming up

international break coming up thank fook

That was fookin hard work, fortunate win, but who cares, look at that league table :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Happy days, the dream rolls on! :)

City, United and Chelsea up next, doesn't get much harder than that. Hopefully we can get something from those, home to Chelsea would probably be our best chance although that'll be another month away so a lot can change by then.

Howay the lads

Hope that Cabaye and Tiote are back for the three handy games coming up! OUr MF was conspicuously absent in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Crucial win today considering we could potentially get nothing from the next three games. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Hope that Cabaye and Tiote are back for the three handy games coming up! OUr MF was conspicuously absent in the second half

I heard Pardew saying in an interview that cabaye and marveaux will definitely miss the city game,no word on tiote though,I assume oberton will be out till december anyway if he has a broken toe.Hopefully Pardew will start with Ben Arfa against City,their defence against QPR looked very suspect yesterday,and if we're positive,we should definitely score in the game and hopefully not lose our defensive discipline!!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I heard Pardew saying in an interview that cabaye and marveaux will definitely miss the city game,no word on tiote though,I assume oberton will be out till december anyway if he has a broken toe.Hopefully Pardew will start with Ben Arfa against City,their defence against QPR looked very suspect yesterday,and if we're positive,we should definitely score in the game and hopefully not lose our defensive discipline!!

Big loss not having Cabaye in midfield for the City match.
    Somehow doubt he's going to start Hatem Ben Arfa against City, especially after what happened the last time he played there; could be wrong though.

Not that it would make much of a different regarding the result being realistic.

As I said earlier in the season, and would like to bring up again - perhaps you guys can see why I was thinking positive coming into this season :)

All we need now is to get Xisco back, and Nile Ranger scoring - would be perfect then :pac: haha

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Big loss not having Cabaye in midfield for the City match.
    Somehow doubt he's going to start Hatem Ben Arfa against City, especially after what happened the last time he played there; could be wrong though.

Not that it would make much of a different regarding the result being realistic.

As I said earlier in the season, and would like to bring up again - perhaps you guys can see why I was thinking positive coming into this season :)

All we need now is to get Xisco back, and Nile Ranger scoring - would be perfect then :pac: haha

If Tiote is still injured come the city game,Pardew will probably go with Gosling and Guthrie again,I suppose after what happened to him last yr that could always happen, then again De Jong hasn't been even getting on city's bench recently so lightening hopefully won't strike twice.................

We should go for it anyway,no point in sitting back and trying to soak up city's pressure because they will break us down,they've too many good players not to.

Just back from Newcastle. Was right behind the goal in the Gallowgate. Perfect view of Raylor's stunner.

We were awful in the second half and Everton should have had a penalty. We defended ok but there was one or two hairy moments that should have been avoided. Rode our luck at times.

Great first half though and the support was terriffic. Nice to see over 50,000 there yesterday despite the game being on TV.

How we survived with a midfield of Sammy, Gosling, Guthrie and Jonas i dunno..really thought Ben Arfa would have come on for Marveaux but Sammy has been playing more ball recently and did well when he came on..

Unbeaten up to now is a great achievement and anything from the next 3 games is a bonus, all the years supporting Newcastle are finally starting to pay off!!! :D

Saw that interview quoted but i honestly cant see him making a call before getting him checked by the medical staff. He is traveling to France to be assessed by the French medical team

Good to see Sammy getting a call up to the England U-21's.

Bad to see Best injured.

Good to be unbeaten going into the international break.

Bad to see Cabaye, Marveaux and Obertan injured.

Good to see the team playing well.

Bad to be playing the rest of the top 3 in the next 3 games.

Good that I'll be over for the Chelsea game.

;)

Saw that interview quoted but i honestly cant see him making a call before getting him checked by the medical staff. He is traveling to France to be assessed by the French medical team

No logic in him teaming up with the french squad,if he's injured he's injured,Tiote is injured but he's staying in tyneside,then again he definitely has more of a chance of playing for us in the city game.

Is Obertan's toe broken i thought it was an infection? Probably be the same amount of time on the sidelines tho so hardly matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I had newcastle down as relegation candidates at the start of the season, letting Barton and Nolan go, 2 of your best players, seemed suicidal.

Proving me wrong

No logic in him teaming up with the french squad,if he's injured he's injured,Tiote is injured but he's staying in tyneside,then again he definitely has more of a chance of playing for us in the city game.

makes me wonder if its as bad as we thought, does seem ridiculous if he is crocked...

having a scan in Paris today

• Advertisement

BBC 5 Live Football Daily are doing a special program on the Toon tomorrow (technically today). Will be available as a podcast shortly after it's broadcast.

@iainmacintosh
    Oooh, a strictly embargoed email has just landed in my in-box. Prepare for a serious tantrum from this part of the world...

Apparently there's to be a press conference tomorrow to rename the stadium to "The Sports Direct Arena"

FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

That_Guy wrote: »
    @iainmacintosh

Apparently there's to be a press conference tomorrow to rename the stadium to "The Sports Direct Arena"

FFS.

The Times are running with it.

http://twitpic.com/7cjcm5

@iainmacintosh@fcuking everyone

FFS.

FYP

*there is an embargoed press release to back this up, its happening

We really cant have 3 months without a **** storm

What a classless fúcking prick.

I suppose Ashley's point of view is, the fans hate me anyway, why not make as much money as I can?

I wonder what the figures are for any potential deal for the naming rights.

• Advertisement

Ashley wherever you may be, You can buy Sports Direct but you can't buy me. You ruin this club and its history. St James Park it will always be.

"The club hopes to achieve a lucrative multiple sponsorship deal, aiming to bring in £8-10m per season"

From the owner??? Seriously?

Blatter wrote: »
    I suppose Ashley's point of view is, the fans hate me anyway, why not make as much money as I can?

I wonder what the figures are for any potential deal for the naming rights.

8 - 10 million I'd say.

The Sports direct@SJP idea was ridiculed and ignored by TV and the press, lets hope the same happens this time.

Inevitable i suppose. Next we'll have red white and blue seats

The Sports direct@SJP idea was ridiculed and ignored by TV and the press, lets hope the same happens this time.

Inevitable i suppose. Next we'll have red white and blue seats

Why do I get the feeling that we'll be sponsored by Sports Direct on the jersey's next season?

• Advertisement

@nufcfans Derek Llambias statement focuses on need to be 'financially self-sufficient' and 'maximise revenue streams to benefit the club.'

Why do I get the feeling that we'll be sponsored by Sports Direct on the jersey's next season?

Jersey sales will take a hit, we are turning into a sports direct advertising campaign :(

Lads I think this might deserve it's own thread. I think a lot of people will be interested in it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75391975#post75391975

As great as the half price season ticket incentive is, it makes sense:

Cheap tickets to get a full house into Mr. Ashley's Sports Direct Arena.

Good marketing ploy by his company.

Think this is one of the best tweets I've seen in a long time.

@Doomweavr
    #MUFC makes history, #mcfc buys history, mike ashley destroys #NUFC history #toon I'd go mental if that was Old Trafford!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

My mate was in Newcastle last week bought a jersey and got a free ticket to west brom game :)

Good deal

My mate was in Newcastle last week bought a jersey and got a free ticket to west brom game :)

Good deal

The club shop will give you a free ticket to a CAT C if you buy a jersey and get a name printed on the back of it.

Just got an email from Newcastle United advertising their latest 130th anniversary products. Cheeky bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good deal

It's an excellent deal.

You'd have to laugh though, Newcastle took the piss for years out of us doing similar deals and yet they're doing it themselves now.

How times change!

Paully D wrote: »
    It's an excellent deal.

You'd have to laugh though, Newcastle took the piss for years out of us doing similar deals and yet they're doing it themselves now.

How times change!

Sunderland were offering a pair of tickets to anyone who bet a tenner with PaddyPower - fairly big different difference there ;)

Renaming of the stadium doesn't make a whole lot of difference to be fair; was bound to happen.
    Next year we'll have the Sports Direct sponsor on the kit (hopefully in Black and White!)
    That's football nowadays - as long as we're playing well I'm happy :)

3rd in the league and still unbeaten with one of the best defences in England at the min, can't complain ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement