Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

M5 wrote: »
    OK the city game

Positives

Steven Taylor had a solid game!
    HBA showed some nice touches
    Sammy did well

Negatives

Ba failed to score with 2 good chances and must do better
    Raylor showed that is a balancing act keeping him in the act, he is capable of winning and loosing the game for you

Conclusion

HBA and Santon need to be in the team and we need Tiote badly against Man U

Definitely need Tiote back for united game,he did a super job against rooney when we played manu back in april,cabaye looked surprisingly off the pace yesterday,maybe the international game took its toll on him.....
    I think potentally manu are there for the taking and very achievable that we could nick a draw if we take our chances this time......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

NUFC record according to the press

P1 L1 F1 A3 pts 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

NUFC record according to the press

P1 L1 F1 A3 pts 25

Complete horse shít. Of course they'll write us off but to be honest, I doubt any of them were tipping us to be anywhere bar in a relegation scrap.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Complete horse shít. Of course they'll write us off but to be honest, I doubt any of them were tipping us to be anywhere bar in a relegation scrap.

i think most had us down to be relegation candidates (Doocey excepted)

The not played anyone bullsh1t is irritating though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

i think most had us down to be relegation candidates (Doocey excepted)

The not played anyone bullsh1t is irritating though

Completely agree, how many teams go to the Brittania stadium, and get anything never mind a win..? City got lucky breaks for their first two goals yesterday, and Demba missed a great chance to give us the lead, anything could've happened. The performance of the likes of Norwich in OT so far this season makes me confident we can get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Pardew has said that he hopes to have Obertan and Tiote back for the weekend and Best was training last week but just wasnt fit enough for the bench, gives us better options against United. Kind of disappointing not to see Shola Ameobi on near then end to see what he could do, felt Ba hadn't the best game, I know its tough trying to hold the ball when your under the cosh but for the last 15 if we had two big lads up top might have caused them problems..

Perch in midfield is still a passenger, I probably would have thrown Santon on and moved Raylor to midfield for the last few minutes. Sammy did very well and was suprised to see him start, he helped Simpson were possible and got forward and showed decent inter-play with Ba and HBA, his two shots in the first half were weak tho.

I didnt think Cabaye was too off the pace but doesnt seem to last a full game so maybe he is still feeling that injury from the Stoke game. I dont think we'll see loads of changes for the United game, except Tiote in for Guthrie and maybe Obertan in for Sammy..Still happy after a 3-1 defeat tells you how good City are.. the options they have off the bench are scary.

Our reserves got thrashed today. 4-0 against Everton.

Tiote injured for tomorrow. Balls.
    Krul

Simpson --- Saylor --- Colo --- Raylor

Sammy --- Guthrie --- Cabaye --- Jonas

Ba --- HBA

Despite Raylor's cock ups last weekend, he is warranting of a second chance. No point in upsetting an otherwise solid back four. Need to watch for the runs of Nani carefully though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Another loss on the cards, I'd say. I'm hopeful against Chelsea. The home crowd will provide a lift after two away defeats.

Another loss on the cards, I'd say. I'm hopeful against Chelsea. The home crowd will provide a lift after two away defeats.

[Doocey inspired post]

I think we can get something from this game tbh. Man United haven't been playing particulalry well. They've had a lot of clean sheets recently but the onus will be on them to attack and hopefully they'll leave a few gaps for us to exploit.

[/Doocey inspired post]

EDIT: Cleverley and Anderson are injured for them so they've been reduced to Carrick, Fletcher and Gibson really. If we can win that midfield battle and tbh, even with the absence of Tiote I think we can, we may have a bit of joy.

• Advertisement

Conceeded 2 weak goals mid-week there, Evra is past his best and hopefully Sammy/Obertan will have a right run at him. They'll prob have the Serb back but if we have a right go at them we might get joy..

Pity we dont have Tiote back. Anderson has been ruled out for a few months but looks like Rooney will play so might see him in midfield, fullbacks will have there work cut out but they'll be well used to it now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

oops nevermind what i wrote wrong thread :P

Guthrie doubtful too lads, injury crisis coincides with our toughest run :mad:

Guthrie doubtful too lads, injury crisis coincides with our toughest run :mad:

Young Gosling can come in for us and do the business, I seen glimpses of him from the city game that he can be a decent player for us...anyone but James Perch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Another big test, great to get them out of the way.

Must say; been the first time in at least 6 years that I've looked forward to playing United at Old Trafford.
    If we defend the way we can, remain organised in midfield, and allow Ben Arfa to play just off Demba Ba then you never know.

United welcoming a lot of the big guns back with Rooney, Vidic etc but we're going there with absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Must win for SAF's men.

We'll have our chances tomorrow; if we can take them is another matter. :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Another big test, great to get them out of the way.

Must say; been the first time in at least 6 years that I've looked forward to playing United at Old Trafford.
    If we defend the way we can, remain organised in midfield, and allow Ben Arfa to play just off Demba Ba then you never know.

United welcoming a lot of the big guns back with Rooney, Vidic etc but we're going there with absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Must win for SAF's men.

We'll have our chances tomorrow; if we can take them is another matter. :)

The last time I looked forward to a game at old trafford was back in 2002,when we were tipped to win but ended up loosing 5-3!
    But anyway,we look a lot more solid since last time we were there when we lost 3-0 last yr,utd look weaker defensively....so hopefully we can get a decent result

Seannew1 wrote: »
    The last time I looked forward to a game at old trafford was back in 2002,when we were tipped to win but ended up loosing 5-3!
    But anyway,we look a lot more solid since last time we were there when we lost 3-0 last yr,utd look weaker defensively....so hopefully we can get a decent result

Some game that was too.

Bernard with the fluke, and Shearer with the absolute thumper! :D

We've nothing to lose tomorrow so let's be 'avin it! :pac:

Doocey wrote: »
    Some game that was too.

Bernard with the fluke, and Shearer with the absolute thumper! :D

We've nothing to lose tomorrow so let's be 'avin it! :pac:

I'd certaily welcome a ryan taylor fluke and a demba ba thumper tomorrow with open arms!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Going pretty good so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Great result, Krul was a fcuking animal! Gives a great confidence boost ahead of Chelsea next week and I don't see any reason why wecan't get something from that game.
    I suspect a bottle of wine is swiftly on its way to Pardew from a certain Roberto Mancini!
    And Sunderland beaten at home by Wigan, good day all round! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just go away, you have to start losing more often! :mad: :p

speedandrobson.jpg

tragic, our fans always sang his name even after he left. he threw his Bolton shirt into the travelling fans as a gesture of appreciation once. a measure of the man and his standing with the toon army. A footballing legend, a model pro and all round nice guy.

If there is an afterlife we all know who will be waiting for him at the door

devestated

Absolutely shocked at it. Was only on FootballFocus yesterday as well.
    Always enjoyed watching him, and was one of our main men.

Shocked, saddened and sombre.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Very, very under-rated footballer. Not at the clubs he was at, but generally around the league. I remember during early 2000's when Bobby had the team playing very well and getting us Champions League football, Gary Speed was so influential.

Even though we had flair/bigger named players like Bellamy, Shearer, Dyer, Robert, Solano, etc, he was the glue that kept that team together and ticking over. Most consistent player I have ever seen put on a Newcastle jersey. He is at the heart of those great memories.

Such a sad day. Can only imagine how hard this is for his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Unbelievable news today, I am still in shock over it. I think he played his best football for Newcastle and still probably the best box to box midfielders I have ever seen. I was privileged to see him on numerous occasions playing for us and he always gave 100 on the pitch. Sad day for football and his family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RIP Gary.

A player who commanded respect from Sunderland fans during his time at Newcastle which is testament to the man really.

You'd hope he's up there talking football with Sir Bobby now.

Despite the delight of a fantastic result on Saturday, I'm left numb this morning. :(

I see Leeds and Everton will be doing tributes for Gary at the next home games on Saturday, surely Ashley and co will do something for him considering what he did for the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

bazual wrote: »
    I see Leeds and Everton will be doing tributes for Gary at the next home games on Saturday, surely Ashley and co will do something for him considering what he did for the club?

Thats Ashley and Llambias your talking about. There more likely to rename Demba Ba to Sports Direct Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

The should 'decorate' the crowd like the time of shearers testimonial

• Advertisement

Few supporters groups trying to organise a minute's applause and scarf waving.

Game is actually sold out for Saturday.

Compaired to the tributes at the other grounds the one at SJP is the worst, hopefully there will be a nice tribute on Saturday. Can Lovens change squad number mid-season to leave the No.11 jersey as a tribute for the rest of the season?

Saw a few people on Twitter saying that they're going to chant Speed's name on the 11th minute of the game. Simple but very nice touch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7341542/Barton-reveals-Toon-bonus-row

More insight into to what these owners are like, fully agree with him concerning our position in the table, its down to the manager and players.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened had we be languishing on the other side of the table.

I dont always agree with Barton but appreciate any former player letting the fan's know the real going's on at Newcastle

Tribute for the game on Saturday to Speed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15962722.stm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

looks like agent bruce has completed his task ... where to send him to next?!:D

leonidas83 wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7341542/Barton-reveals-Toon-bonus-row

More insight into to what these owners are like, fully agree with him concerning our position in the table, its down to the manager and players.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened had we be languishing on the other side of the table.

I dont always agree with Barton but appreciate any former player letting the fan's know the real going's on at Newcastle

Nice to see the club using the Gary Speed situation as an attempt to get one up on Barton. :mad:

What do they care what Barton says? Why does Barton get a response when the fans never get one? It looks like Llambias's personal feud is far more important to him than communicating with the fans. Another indication of the self serving nature of the people who run the club
    “In a week when one of Newcastle United’s most beloved footballers passed away, it is disappointing that once again Joey Barton makes the headlines.

“It is also unfortunate that Joey chose to draw such a disparaging comparison between himself and the employees of Sports Direct, who through hard work and dedication are the recipients of one of the most generous bonus schemes in UK retailing.

“It may not be a lot of money to Joey, but over 2,000 Sports Direct employees earning £20,000 will receive shares worth over £44,000 over the next two years.
    “However, in this week of all weeks, we really do not wish to engage in a public war of words with Joey Barton.

“Our legal advisors are dealing with the matter now and we would encourage Joey to concentrate on his football at Queens Park Rangers.”

Why is Llambollocks putting the death of Gary Speed on the table? No need for it.

Why does Joey warrant a response and fans are left in the cold wondering about goings on at the club?

They're both bordering on pathetic at this stage.

tumblr_lviwlljCXQ1qz7guco1_500.png

Team for tomorrow............

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Saylor --- Raylor

Obertan --- Guthrie --- Cabaye --- Sammy
    Ba --- HBA

If Ba has his shooting boots on and ben arfa gets plenty of the ball,good chnce we can win tomorrow

• Advertisement

Krul

Ba --- HBA

If Ba has his shooting boots on and ben arfa gets plenty of the ball,good chnce we can win tomorrow

I can see him sticking Lovenkrands in there ahead of Sammy myself. It's what I'd do anyway myself.

Krul
    Ba --- HBA

What about Ben Arfa on the wing with Best up front.. What is the craic with Tiote's injury!! Going on a bit to long is it not?? or is it just a case of not being match fit!!

gav86 wrote: »
    What about Ben Arfa on the wing with Best up front.. What is the craic with Tiote's injury!! Going on a bit to long is it not?? or is it just a case of not being match fit!!

I'd be worried that he wouldn't track back to help out Raylor. Interesting idea though. Depending on how the game goes I'd bring Best on off the bench and stick Obertan on the left and Ben Arfa on the right with Ba and Best spearheading the attack.

Or am I talking bollocks. :pac:

Nah your right, think Simpson does a bit better on his own where as Raylor needs the help. Obertan and Sammy have both been used as the outlet for the counter attack as they are decent in the air, putting them up against a full back rather than pumping it straight at the opponents centre halves, just think that both starting would be a bit of a risk.

At least there are some different options, Could even push Raylor into midfield and put in Santon at LB.

I wasn't planning to head over for it, but I decided to book a trip to SJP for the Swansea game on the 17th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ruptured Achilles for Steven Taylor according to BBC Radio Newcastle. Could well be a season ender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

At least that hellish run is over...

Extremely disappointing day all round,can't think of anything positive,bar maybe Krul's performance.I suppose we were unlucky,hitting the post 3 times and Sammy's clearance off the line and some ridiculous refereeing decisions against us but overall Obertan, Lovenkrands,Simpson and Perch were shocking,Ben Arfa looked off the pace showing his lack of match fitness,Coloccini's injury and Taylor's injury was a real kick in the teeth to cap off a completely disappointing day.

Perch were shocking

Totally disagree. Thought he did exceptionally well. Perch is somewhat a scapegoat amongst fellow Mags. I've criticised him in the past but he did an exceptional job for us today in my opinion.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Totally disagree. Thought he did exceptionally well. Perch is somewhat a scapegoat amongst fellow Mags. I've criticised him in the past but he did an exceptional job for us today in my opinion.

For Drogba's goal,he wasn't anywhere near him though,he gave him a completely free header,completely unforgiveable in the premiership....but anyway cabaye should have been more aware before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement