Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Seannew1 wrote: »
    For Drogba's goal,he wasn't anywhere near him though,he gave him a completely free header,completely unforgiveable in the premiership....but anyway cabaye should have been more aware before

That was the only complaint I had with him. Himself and Cabaye were to blame. Cabaye initially for letting Mata get a couple of yards on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

That_Guy wrote: »
    That was the only complaint I had with him. Himself and Cabaye were to blame. Cabaye initially for letting Mata get a couple of yards on him.

That lapse of concentration was a real hammer blow just before half time,probably wouldn't have happened if coloccini was still on the pitch

That lapse of concentration was a real hammer blow just before half time,probably wouldn't have happened if coloccini was still on the pitch

If if's and but's were candy and nuts..... I forget the rest. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

5 Live reporting that Redknapp is serious about getting Krul in during the January transfer window.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts..... I forget the rest. :pac:

Ah sure what can ya do,anyway back to the drawing board now with norwich next week,we'll have gutierrez back,we missed him today,Tiote??any word on Williamson??...we could be looking at a defence partnership of simpson and perch next game!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    5 Live reporting that Redknapp is serious about getting Krul in during the January transfer window.

Harry Redknapp in tapping up shocker.

Wish the fúcker would shut the fúck up to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Totally disagree. Thought he did exceptionally well. Perch is somewhat a scapegoat amongst fellow Mags. I've criticised him in the past but he did an exceptional job for us today in my opinion.

Perch was great today.

Aren't many centrebacks that can challenge Drogba in the air, fact.
    Colo would've made a better effort granted but Perchy definitely has a future at NUFC.

Terrible news about Taylor and Achilles.

Williamson coming back though, and Santon can play CB so we should be OK.

As for Krul going to Spurs, fat chance of that son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Obertan was very poor today.
    Krul was exceptional today.

The luiz decision to me shows we arent cnsidered a top6 team, united,city, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool and spurs would all have been 11 against 10 if that foul was comitted against them. In fact even though the foul was 5 yards outside the box i reckon united would have got a pen as well ..(",)..

could be a costly match injurywise ... Is kadar still there?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    The luiz decision to me shows we arent cnsidered a top6 team, united,city, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool and spurs would all have been 11 against 10 if that foul was comitted against them. In fact even though the foul was 5 yards outside the box i reckon united would have got a pen as well ..(",)..

You seem to have a very short memory. Only last weekend you got an outrageous penalty decision at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

a lad i work with has a relation working on the nufc staff(knew of given dept before it became public) and he advised 2 wks ago that people at nufc would be very surprised if krul was still at the club aftr jan window.

A lot of big clubs sniffing around him

• Advertisement

a lad i work with has a relation working on the nufc staff(knew of given dept before it became public) and he advised 2 wks ago that people at nufc would be very surprised if krul was still at the club aftr jan window.

A lot of big clubs sniffing around him

Aye, he's a very promising goalkeeper. I've been saying for the last couple of seasons that he should have been starting ahead of Harper.

If a decent offer comes in he'll be gone (same for any player outside the ''usual'' top 6 when the bigger clubs come sniffing) as I'm sure Ashley would be more than happy to make good money on a player they signed for about £200,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Who would people like to see brought in in January? Do we have much funds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Disastrous news about Saylor if its true, will definitely mean that no Saylor or Colo for the trip to Norwich. Unlikely that Tiote will be back either.

I honestly cant pick the back four, the most likely seems

Simpson Perch Raylor Santon

I cant imagine he would take the risk with Kadar in center back or perhaps drafting alan smith in there to do a job but is he even fit. Such a shame this had to happen around now just when we have a group of winnable games coming up.

EdenHazard wrote: »

I would be more worried about who is leaving in January. I think that Simpson is a cert to leave which leaves the door open for Santon to cement the right back position. I would love to see the PSV Erik Pieters still come to St James. I think if he came in then he would get the left back slot and Raylor would move to right back. We need another central defender badly, no idea who that should be.
    Ashley will not want to spend big bucks on a striker either so its hard to know who we are gonna get in January.
    We also have to remember Ba and Tiote will be missing for African nations which leaves the dressing room count even shorter.
    If the player has been scouted by Graham Carr then I will be happy enough, whoever he is.

Newcastle have all but signed Maiga, so that's one. I also think they'll go for a CB. Other than that I wouldn't expect to see many signings with one or two of the better performers this season being sold on.

Can't see Krul leaving anytime soon, unless £20-30m comes in for him which he's easily worth.
    Why would he want to leave anyway in all reality?

Doocey wrote: »
    Can't see Krul leaving anytime soon, unless £20-30m comes in for him which he's easily worth.
    Why would he want to leave anyway in all reality?

£20-£30m, fucking hell :pac:

He was signed for £200,000 and I'd imagine Ashley would be delighted to get anything over £10m for a player who was already on the books when he bought the club and would only have 2 years left on his deal at the end of this season.

Why would he want to go? The same reason virtually any player would want to. Playing for a better team, chance to win something, more money, etc. It's a simple fact that for clubs likes Newcastle and the rest who are outside the ''usual'' top 6 that their players will be off as soon as one of those clubs really want them.

If Spurs want him he'll be going.

£20m-£30m, unbelievable!

£20-£30m, fucking hell :pac:

He was signed for £200,000 and I'd imagine Ashley would be delighted to get anything over £10m for a player who was already on the books when he bought the club and would only have 2 years left on his deal at the end of this season.

Why would he want to go? The same reason virtually any player would want to. Playing for a better team, chance to win something, more money, etc. It's a simple fact that for clubs likes Newcastle and the rest who are outside the ''usual'' top 6 that their players will be off as soon as one of those clubs really want them.

If Spurs want him he'll be going.

£20m-£30m, unbelievable!

£10m? Hahahaha

That's what I'd value him at, nothing more, nothing less.
    Look how much Craig Gordon cost and Krul is twice the player of him. de Gea even; Krul superior.

That's the sad reality yeah but Timmy seems like a lad that would actually want to stay at NUFC for a few more years and wouldn't jump ship at the pull of a trigger.

If Spurs want him I very much doubt he'll leave to them being honest.
    Typical Redknapp though, dirty cnut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

:D

SHOES OFF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm not sure how it would work if Spurs were to sign Krul. They only brought Friedel in during the Summer and he's been fantastic for them.

I know he doesn't have very long left at the top level but it wouldn't make much sense tome to drop him in favour of Krul at this moment in time. End of the season would make much more sense, but I suppose you risk losing out on him to another club then.

Regarding the price tag; LOL at £20-30m, now that is blinkered:D You can't be judging every transfer on the basis of the Andy Carroll fee. Around £10-14m for Krul would be closer to the mark I'd say.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it would work if Spurs were to sign Krul. They only brought Friedel in during the Summer and he's been fantastic for them.

I know he doesn't have very long left at the top level but it wouldn't make much sense tome to drop him in favour of Krul at this moment in time. End of the season would make much more sense, but I suppose you risk losing out on him to another club then.

Regarding the price tag; LOL at £20-30m, now that is blinkered:D You can't be judging every transfer on the basis of the Andy Carroll fee. Around £10-14m for Krul would be closer to the mark I'd say.

The way I see it De Gea was £18 million quid, he has shown nothing to suggest that he is anyway better than Krul. There is no reason why the price tag should not be any different. I would take 10 million plus Defoe from spurs . That would be a good deal :D

I'd like to see a striker,a centre back and a versatile player who could play in midfield or defence if needs be when were stuck injury wise.
    Terrible news about Taylor,he was having a super season,it'll be a patched up defence against Norwich.

I love how everyone is laughing it off.

A lot of people seemingly do not realise that keepers are often far more expensive than any outfield player as we've seen on many an occasion.
    Buying a goalkeeper is a long term investment; Krul could keep playing for another 14 years.

So asking for £20-30m is nothing major and considering the prices of players nowadays I think it's a fair valuation. Enough to scare Spurs off as well I'd hope.

Anyway as I said, he won't be joining Spurs in January, so a pointless conversation :)

bazual wrote: »
    The way I see it De Gea was £18 million quid, he has shown nothing to suggest that he is anyway better than Krul. There is no reason why the price tag should not be any different. I would take 10 million plus Defoe from spurs . That would be a good deal :D

Would be a terrible deal!
    Defoe too old, and nearing the end of his career.
    No chance we'd even consider him either!

:cool:

Tbh with you and I'm not being biased with you at all here, but David de Gea is in a different league to Tim Krul. De Gea was the number 1 for Atlético Madrid in La Liga when he was 19, Krul was on loan at Falkirk.

Now does that mean Krul can't go on to be one of the top keepers around? No, he can but de Gea is three years younger and almost certainly will be one of the best around when he reaches Krul's age.

The thing about Krul is, sometimes keepers can become a tad overrated because their shot stopping is so good and people tend to focus too much on that aspect when judging a keeper.

Krul's distribution isn't that great, it's one of his biggest weaknesses and It's one of those things that you look for in a keeper at a top club. De Gea's is almost peerless, it's that good and it's a huge part of the reason United went for him and paid big money along with the fact he was only 20 and has a real chance of becoming a goalkeeping great.
    I love how everyone is laughing it off.

A lot of people seemingly do not realise that keepers are often far more expensive than any outfield player as we've seen on many an occasion.
    Buying a goalkeeper is a long term investment; Krul could keep playing for another 14 years.

So asking for £20-30m is nothing major and considering the prices of players nowadays I think it's a fair valuation. Enough to scare Spurs off as well I'd hope.

Anyway as I said, he won't be joining Spurs in January, so a pointless conversation :)

I'm just saying that I'd be shocked to see anyone pay anything near £20-30m for Krul because although he's a very good keeper, I just don't think he's worth it.

Time will tell I suppose.

Tbh with you and I'm not being biased with you at all here, but David de Gea is in a different league to Tim Krul. De Gea was the number 1 for Atlético Madrid in La Liga when he was 19, Krul was on loan at Falkirk.

Now does that mean Krul can't go on to be one of the top keepers around? No, he can but de Gea is three years younger and almost certainly will be one of the best around when he reaches Krul's age.

The thing about Krul is, sometimes keepers can become a tad overrated because their shot stopping is so good and people tend to focus too much on that aspect when judging a keeper.

Krul's distribution isn't that great, it's one of his biggest weaknesses and It's one of those things that you look for in a keeper at a top club. De Gea's is almost peerless, it's that good and it's a huge part of the reason United went for him and paid big money along with the fact he was only 20 and has a real chance of becoming a goalkeeping great.

I'm just saying that I'd be shocked to see anyone pay anything near £20-30m for Krul because although he's a very good keeper, I just don't think he's worth it.

Time will tell I suppose.

Although you're probably right, his distribution has been absolutely woeful the season thus far. Was one of the reasons Benfica got their equaliser in the Champions League i think?
    Saying that, de Gea will be top notch in time yeah, but I don't think Krul is very far behind him at all if even.

As you said yerself, only time will tell :)

Although you're probably right, his distribution has been absolutely woeful the season thus far. Was one of the reasons Benfica got their equaliser in the Champions League i think?
    Saying that, de Gea will be top notch in time yeah, but I don't think Krul is very far behind him at all if even.

As you said yerself, only time will tell :)

He did but that was a one off mistake tbh with him, his distribution in general has been superb.

If you interested there is a couple of articles about it and I found one about Krul too.

http://www.redforcerising.net/2011/09/16/chalkboards-de-geas-impressive-distribution-is-vital-to-man-utd/

http://www.cominghomenewcastle.com/2011/11/28/2590988/Newcastle-United-NUFC-Tim-Krul-Goalkeeper-Distribution

I know it's hard to directly compare them directly as Man Utd have better players that have better control and de Gea can be more confident in general at passing the ball around at the back under pressure but even if you compare the accuracy of their long kicks, de Gea is scarily strong in that area.

Apparently Newcastle have confirmed that Steven Taylor is likely to be sidelined for the remainder of the season through injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

£10m? Hahahaha

That's what I'd value him at, nothing more, nothing less.
    Look how much Craig Gordon cost and Krul is twice the player of him. de Gea even; Krul superior.

That's the sad reality yeah but Timmy seems like a lad that would actually want to stay at NUFC for a few more years and wouldn't jump ship at the pull of a trigger.

If Spurs want him I very much doubt he'll leave to them being honest.
    Typical Redknapp though, dirty cnut!
    Bit much no?
    Redknapp wasn't on the program was he, if he was and said he wanted Krul it would be all over the place. They just said they believed Spurs interest to be real.

I doubt we'd go for a new keeper in January anyway unless one of ours gets injured.

• Advertisement

Bit much no?
    Redknapp wasn't on the program was he, if he was and said he wanted Krul it would be all over the place. They just said they believed Spurs interest to be real.

I doubt we'd go for a new keeper in January anyway unless one of ours gets injured.

Maybe a tad; he's an awful wheeler and dealer though!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, Freidel been superb for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Man we are screwed

Saylor and Colo out until the new year most likely (Taylor for the season)
    Raylor is an absolute liability (has been shown up badly in our last 3 games), and needs to be dropped.
    Tiotes injury is beginning to look suspicious at this stage

On Krul, he's worth nowhere near 20 million. Hes very much developing. In response to the De Gea/Krul comparison earlier Krul was at Falkirk because Given was in the team De Gea got in to the Athletico team due to an injury crisis, hardly a fair comparison, who knows what would have happened if Given/Harper got injured and Krul was drafted in! I think we need to keep hold of him though, he is a good stopper and can claim crosses very well, his decision making is suspect sometimes and often appears over confident. Experience should bring maturity though.....

Would be a terrible deal!
    Defoe too old, and nearing the end of his career.
    No chance we'd even consider him either!

:cool:

Yeah you are probably right, 10 million and Bale then :D

Yeah you are probably right, 10 million and Bale then :D

for you buddy :)

straight+jacket+cotton+webbing.gif

M5 wrote: »
    Man we are screwed

Saylor and Colo out until the new year most likely (Taylor for the season)
    Raylor is an absolute liability (has been shown up badly in our last 3 games), and needs to be dropped.
    Tiotes injury is beginning to look suspicious at this stage

Worrying times alright, I really dont know who he is going to pair with Perch in the center, could smudge do a job there if he is fit, I really can't see Kadar getting his game, I think Jeff Henderson has a better chance of starting than Kadar. I really think its gonna be someone playing out of position perhaps even Raylor slotting in with Santon left back.

M5 wrote: »
    for you buddy :)

straight+jacket+cotton+webbing.gif

Image is not working but the title says it all, hahaha. Its not much to ask for Christmas though is it LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

With the defense torn apart might it be prudent to put Santon in now?

I seem to recall a load of our first choice players being injured when Glenn Roeder was in charge and we finished 7th. Keep the faith.

Have a feeling that Tiote will be gone in January. Injury is similar to the nature of Carroll before he was sold.

Any fellow Mags wanna chip in a few quid for a Toon jersey for Paully? He's in here more than the mackem thread. ;)

The luiz decision to me shows we arent cnsidered a top6 team,

Good lord. :eek:

Any fellow Mags wanna chip in a few quid for a Toon jersey for Paully? He's in here more than the mackem thread. ;)

It would be a nice look alright courtesy of backoftheshirt.com

256996.jpeg

That is so much fun

257036.jpeg

• Advertisement

It would be a nice look alright courtesy of backoftheshirt.com

256996.jpeg

Cheers lads. You're a very thoughful bunch, especially with it coming close to Christmas and the cold nights setting in, it would look lovely on my fire! :pac:

Cheers lads. You're a very thoughful bunch, especially with it coming close to Christmas and the cold nights setting in, it would look lovely on my fire! :pac:

Well dont get one of your players to throw it on the fire for ya, they'd prob miss ;)

Just read in the journal there that newcastle are considering signing a centre back,should be a must really,maybe gary cahill could be decent,fits the profile and would prob cost 6million with his contract coming to an end.

Just read in the journal there that newcastle are considering signing a centre back,should be a must really,maybe gary cahill could be decent,fits the profile and would prob cost 6million with his contract coming to an end.

Considering?? It's a must that we sign one. Alex is up for sale. Wouldn't mind swooping for him but wages might be a problem.

As for Gary Cahill, the lad is utter tripe. Linked with Arsenal in the summer and suddenly he's touted as a world beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Centre Back is a must now, to lose both first choice centre halfs was heartbreaking especially when they were playing really well together..Santon now will have to step up and play CB along with Perch which doesnt fill me full of confidence, maybe Kadar depending on how his reserve games have been going so far. Anyone any idea how he has been playing recently?

I wouldn't be surprised to see this for Norwich.
    Raylor --- Simpson --- Perch --- Santon

Williamson is about ten days away from returning. Match fitness will be against him but that's what the reserves are for.

Badly need him back at this stage. Getting stretched and with Ba/Tiote leaving in January for the ACON, we'll be missing a huge threat up front. We've seemingly got Modibo Maiga sewn up but he too is away for the ACON if that transfer does go ahead for us.

Just a note on Ba.... I think he's probably one of the best strikers we've had since Shearer. Leads the line very well and is full of tricks to get himself into a bit of space. Has an exceptional strike rate too. Hopefully we can keep him fit.

Had my doubts about him at the start of the season. Looked so off the pace it's not even funny. I know it was because of Ramadan but the lad has come on leaps and bounds since.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

IMO it has to be

Simpson --- Santon--- Perch --- Raylor

I think Perch and Simpson are too small (or just ****e in the air) We need some one who can be comanding in the air so hopefully Santon can be that, i'm not sure if he has played CB before but sure has Simpson or Perch?

I have been very suprised at Ba as well, very unlucky not to score at the weekend, good in the air too. Future No.9!!

I seem to recall a load of our first choice players being injured when Glenn Roeder was in charge and we finished 7th. Keep the faith.

Have a feeling that Tiote will be gone in January. Injury is similar to the nature of Carroll before he was sold.

Load of tosh regarding Tioté's injury and being linked to Carroll.
    It's people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Would be very surprised if Tioté leaves in January, only if a ridiculous bid of £25-30m comes in again which I doubt it will just yet.

Regards the centreback, definitely need one.
    Reports that we're looking for a couple in January.
    Yanga-Mbiwa touted.

Saying that, it's a real testament to our squad in the last couple of years, to see clubs interested in our players.

Carroll
    Enrique
    Coloccini
    Krul
    Tioté
    Cabaye.

And we're not screwed either, we'll get through the Christmas period OK, some guys in the team will want to prove a point.
    Keep the faith, twill be rewarded :)

Kadar is struggling at league 1 level, forget about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Elaborate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement