Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

G.K. wrote: »
    Elaborate.

*clears throat*

He's shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Alex would be a decent signing...couldn't for the life of me see Ashley sign a 29 yr old though.

December on paper looks a bit tougher for us now,I can see us getting 7 points out of our next 5 games,with wins against west brom and swansea,a draw against bolton and 2 defeats against norwich and liverpool,I would have backed us for a draw against norwich and a win against bolton had taylor and coloccini not got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Doocey wrote: »
    Load of tosh regarding Tioté's injury and being linked to Carroll.
    It's people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Would be very surprised if Tioté leaves in January, only if a ridiculous bid of £25-30m comes in again which I doubt it will just yet.

You're absolutely crazy with talk of these £30m bids coming in lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Paully D wrote: »

Tiote will certainly 20+

Krul will not get anywhere near that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'm not the one talking about bids - I'm talking about values.
    That's what I'd ask for them, either love it or lump it. Win-Win. :)

The only reason the asking price will be so big is because of the 6 years he still has left on his contract.

Talk about us bringing back Bassong on a short term loan?? Ridiculous,wouldn't want to see someone back who couldn't wait to get away from the club 2 yrs ago and someone who's proved himself to be average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Talk about us bringing back Bassong on a short term loan?? Ridiculous,wouldn't want to see someone back who couldn't wait to get away from the club 2 yrs ago and someone who's proved himself to be average at best.

Wouldnt turn my nose up at him at all, better than seeing Fullbacks as Centre back. Average i think is also a little harse, Spurs have serious competition for places at CB with Gallas, Dawson and King.. he's still only a young fella as well. If Spurs go out of the Europa his game time will be limited as well.. He's not going to the African Cup of Nations either..

Bassong was one of those that I didn't want to go but to be honest, we need him and is the type of player that would fit our profile with regards signing players.

Would definitely have him back tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bassong was one of those that I didn't want to go but to be honest, we need him and is the type of player that would fit our profile with regards signing players.

Would definitely have him back tbh.

Grand so thats fine with me:D
    Ill PM you Harrys mobile number now;)

Titus Bramble is available :D

Talk Colo may actually be available for Saturday, That would be a big boost!

Guthrie and Tiote out,

Gimme a fcuking break

M5 wrote: »
    Guthrie and Tiote out,

Gimme a fcuking break

What??? Gosling will probably play there I'd say.

What??? Gosling will probably play there I'd say.

Tell me about it, rumblings on twitter earlier, Confirmed by the chronicle

Injuries seem to target specific positions with us :mad:

• Advertisement

Guthrie, groin 6 weeks

Tell me about it, rumblings on twitter earlier, Confirmed by the chronicle

Injuries seem to target specific positions with us :mad:

Real pity as Guthrie really has shown a lot of promise. His passing range is superb. Part of me wants to see Abeid but it's well too soon for him.

Real pity as Guthrie really has shown a lot of promise. His passing range is superb. Part of me wants to see Abeid but it's well too soon for him.

Gosling Vuckic?

Gosling Vuckic?

Gosling and Cabaye.

Gosling and Cabaye.

Prob the likely lineup alright,

fcuk knows in defense

Without colo/willo

Simpson Kadar santon raylor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I want to see more of this Vuckic guy. Is he as good as they say? If so, when will our leeches Liverpool/Spurs buy him from us, do you think?

Worst part is Cabaye never lasts the 90 minutes which means Smudge could be on then as its usually Perch coming on,
    It will be a miracle if Colo can play.. Man U talk about an injury crisis, they dont have Perch at centre half giving me nightmares all week..

Krul

Santon --- Simmo --- Perch --- Raylor

Obertan --- Cabaye --- Gosling --- Jonas

Ba --- HBA

The one positive thing regarding defense is that Jonas is back to help out Ryan. Lovenkrands did fúck all to help him against Chelsea.

I want to see more of this Vuckic guy. Is he as good as they say? If so, when will our leeches Liverpool/Spurs buy him from us, do you think?

I dont think anyone has seen enough of him, Norwich could eba good place to give him a run
    gav86 wrote: »
    Worst part is Cabaye never lasts the 90 minutes which means Smudge could be on then as its usually Perch coming on,
    It will be a miracle if Colo can play.. Man U talk about an injury crisis, they dont have Perch at centre half giving me nightmares all week..

I thought Cabaye had finished most games....

Vuckic is big, powerful and fast. I've only seen him a handful of times but he has been very impressive. He'll need a good run of games under his belt though.

Man United were in for him a little while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Vuckic is big, powerful and fast. I've only seen him a handful of times but he has been very impressive. He'll need a good run of games under his belt though.

What kind of player is he? Who is he most like?

TBH i think if he was that good he'd be a lot nearer the first team...

What kind of player is he? Who is he most like?

Check this out mate. His goal V Columbus Crew during pre season in the summer.

To be fair, I'm only judging him on what I've seen thus far. Consistency will be key for him.

To be fair, I'm only judging him on what I've seen thus far. Consistency will be key for him.

He's only a chap too

• Advertisement

He's only a chap too

Plenty of time for him. I'm sure he'd have featured more in the Carling Cup games if he hadn't been injured. A nice run out against Blackburn in the FA Cup would be nice.

Plenty of time for him. I'm sure he'd have featured more in the Carling Cup games if he hadn't been injured. A nice run out against Blackburn in the FA Cup would be nice.

Unless we have injuries there is no chance he will start that. We will be at ful strength im sure

Unless we have injuries there is no chance he will start that. We will be at ful strength im sure

Be an interesting one to see what team Pards puts out. The 3rd round comes after a tough Christmas. We have Man United the Wednesday and then 3 days later have Blackburn in the FA Cup. Man United will have one eye on Man City no doubt and could be there for the taking.

Its all a long way off yet but would be nice for some of the squad to have a run out like Vucknic, Lovenkrands, Elliot, Best, Ferguson, Kadar etc a good mix of experience and squad players..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He was injured playing in then PL.

Here's how I hope we line up saturday......

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Perch --- Raylor

S.Ameobi --- Gosling --- Cabaye --- Gutierrez

Ameobi --- Ba

But I think Pardew will probably go with Obertan and Ben Arfa instead of the Ameobi's and of course good chance Coloccini will be missing.I don't think Ben Arfa is ready yet match sharpness wise but he can do a job if we need him after an hour......could be worse i suppose,last time we played norwich away in 2005,we could only name 4 subs....bad memories!

Aurely wuith te defensive injury crisis it is time to throw in santon?

G.K. wrote: »
    Aurely wuith te defensive injury crisis it is time to throw in santon?

He needs game time that's for sure and needs to gain a bit of match fitness and to settle.

Norwich, Swansea, West Brom and Bolton are our next four fixtures and they come thick and fast so it might be worth considering sticking him in for one or two of these games. It will come to a time that we will have to experiment and imo these are the type of games that we should be blooding him into the squad.

God I can't type when not completely together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16116940.stm
    Hi. I'm Steven Taylor. I ruptured my Achilles tendon playing for Newcastle United against Chelsea in December and I now face months of rehabilitation to try to regain my fitness. My aim here is to give an insight into the recovery and the healing process - as well as the boredom that professional sports people sometimes go through when they face long-term injuries.

I found this article interesting. By the sounds of it, he's going to be a very bored and restless individual whilst he recovers! Hope he has a full and speedy recovery for ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Looking like this line up tomorrow which i will be reasonably happy with.

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Perch --- Raylor

Obertan--- Gosling --- Cabaye --- Gutierrez

Ben Arfa--- Ba

I expect to see Shola on for ben arfa at half time if level or we are down. Hope to see Abeid in for Gosling at some stage too.

Fair play to Colo if he can play.

Dempsey wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16116940.stm

I found this article interesting. By the sounds of it, he's going to be a very bored and restless individual whilst he recovers! Hope he has a full and speedy recovery for ye.

I bet the proof reader earned his money making sense of whatever Steven Taylor penned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I bet the proof reader earned his money making sense of whatever Steven Taylor penned.

Nee mon, y yeh sai tht?

Anyone have a decent link for the game??.....cheers!

Colo didn't make it

santon and gosling start

Jonas Captain

Krul R Taylor Simpson Perch Santon Obertan Cabaye Gosling Jonas (c) Ba Shola Ameobi

• Advertisement

2-1 Newcastle IMO.

2-1 Newcastle IMO.

Kiss of death again this week Pauly?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Subs:
    Elliot, Ferguson, Smith, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands, Best.

I'm happy Shola got the nod ahead of ben arfa,ba is more suited i think to having an out and out striker alongside him,also good to see ferguson back on the bench.

I'm happy Shola got the nod ahead of ben arfa,ba is more suited i think to having an out and out striker alongside him,also good to see ferguson back on the bench.

Probably with a view to defending corners etc too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement