Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

poor second half performance, only 4 mins, not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

I'm feeling a large sense of remorse for cashing in my 0-0 at half-time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

swansea have the knack of winning every bloody breaking ball

jasus, again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Great point for swansea,sh** point for us.No excuses........we chould have been at least 2-0 up at half time.

• Advertisement

2 points lost. Very poor in second half. HBA should have been on with half an hour to go to create something. Reverted to long balls for last 20 minutes. Very disappointed with this result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

5 games without a win now and Ba and Tiote will be off to the AcoN in January.

Arguably your best player is suspended for your next game which is an important one against a West Brom side who will be in good spirits after a win today.

Booed off today also.

Hmmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    5 games without a win now and Ba and Tiote will be off to the AcoN in January.

Arguably your best player is suspended for your next game which is an important one against a West Brom side who will be in good spirits after a win today.

Booed off today also.

Hmmmm.....

You're obsession with us is fascinating! :)

Booed off? If you want to include probably a couple of thousand of the crowd then yeah..

Points missed out on for sure, but Swansea a very well organised side, and could've nicked it in the end. Then again, if we had a little bit of luck in the first half then we'd have went into the break two up.

Obertan frustrating, needs to attempt a cross for a change, rather than the fancy footwork and pullback.

Great to see Vuckic in action mind, alongside Sammy.
    Perch impressive again, held his own at the back. Coloccini faultless per usual as well!

On to the next one lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Section of our fans really let themselves down today. Booing at full time for a draw is pathetic and some leaving five minutes before the end.

The thing that really grated on me were fans getting on Obertan's back every time he's on the ball. Moaning and complaining won't help the lad FFS. Yes he does try and over complicate things but he has to sometimes due to fúck all options and has to bide time for support.

Thought Perch was decent today. Made up for his errors last week. The influence of Colo probably helped him.

We were unlucky and should've gotten a goal or two but Vorm was in fine form once again. We dominated and created chances but it was just one of those days.

It's another point and a clean sheet. Not sure why people are getting on the players backs and the window lickers on Twitter are having a field day. You'd swear we're not sitting pretty in 6th this evening... Oh.. we are.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: LOL @ Paully's attempt at a wind up. Obsessed pal. ;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    EDIT: LOL @ Paully's attempt at a wind up. Obsessed pal. ;)

Everything I said is true ;)

• Advertisement

Hopefully looking like a team for this for the WBA game........

Krul

Simpson --- Coloccini --- Perch --- Santon

Sammy Ameobi--- Tiote --- Ben Arfa --- Gutierrez

Best--- Ba

I'd be inclined to keep Best on the team because his workrate is second to known.Sammy definitely deserves a go,I knew fans would get on Oberton's back once the team started to go on a bad run,good pace but his decision making is atrocious.Hard to see who'll go alongside Tiote in the CM position,but Ben Arfa might give us that bit of something from nowhere which we lacked on saturday.

So the Maiga deal has fallen through.... Excuses have started earlier this year.

Can't wait for January. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Obertan has been shocking. The chap just can't keep hold of the ball. Always losing it. :(

I dont think Best will play @ WBA so I reckon the team will be as follows.

Krul
    Simp----Colo
    Perch--Santon
    Obertan--Tiote---Vuckic--Jonas-
    Ba----Shola

Subs: Harper, Williamson, HBA, Abeid, Sammy, Smudge, Lovenkrands

Pardew is not gonna drop Obertan regardless of how 5hit he is and how much we all want Sammy in there, I cant see that happening.
    In midfield he likes a couple of players that can make a tackle, HBA is not that type of player so the only reasonable option left is Vuckic or Abeid and I reckon Vuckic will get the nod over Abeid.

Am I the only one that likes Obertan? He just needs an arm around him. He's got ability and he'll change your opinion on him. You wait and see.

Am I the only one that likes Obertan? He just needs an arm around him. He's got ability and he'll change your opinion on him. You wait and see.

I do like him but his general play is pretty shocking at times. He can run and take on players and beat them, but once he does he can't cross a ball to save his life. I know you could say the same thing about Jonas but the difference is work rate. Jonas is constantly tracking back and helping out his full back, Obertan just hovers in midfield waiting for a counter attack that usually ends up with him losing the ball. My patience is starting to wear thin with him but he could have an outstanding game against WBA but be shocking the next 4, he needs a bit of consistency and to up his work rate a bit.

bazual wrote: »
    I do like him but his general play is pretty shocking at times. He can run and take on players and beat them, but once he does he can't cross a ball to save his life. I know you could say the same thing about Jonas but the difference is work rate. Jonas is constantly tracking back and helping out his full back, Obertan just hovers in midfield waiting for a counter attack that usually ends up with him losing the ball. My patience is starting to wear thin with him but he could have an outstanding game against WBA but be shocking the next 4, he needs a bit of consistency and to up his work rate a bit.
    For me he hasn't made any real impact since coming,on the top of my head the only game i recall him playing well in was the stoke game where they played marc wilson at left back who wasn't as out and out left back,when we were on our good run,i felt he was the "coaster" of the team,the team were playing well which covered up his bad performances,i knew the fans would get on his back once we started playing badly.Time will tell,whether he's the real deal.

Wouldn't mind seeing this team for tomorrow night.
    Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Perch --- Santon

Obertan --- Tiote --- Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba --- Best

Have a feeling we'll start Abeid over Ben Arfa though and not as advanced as that.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't mind seeing this team for tomorrow night.
    Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Perch --- Santon

Obertan --- Tiote --- Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba --- Best

Have a feeling we'll start Abeid over Ben Arfa though and not as advanced as that.

By the sounds of it, it will be Abeid/Vuckic in the center. Still doubts over Best too. Likely line up

Krul
    Simpson Coloccini Perch Santon
    Obertan Vuckic Tiote Gutierrez
    Best Ba
    Subs: Harper Williamson Raylor Abeid SAmeobi Shola Ben Arfa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Any sign of a team lads?

Tough game against WBA, something tells me another draw is on the cards tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

bazual wrote: »

Krul
    Simpson Coloccini Perch Santon
    Obertan Vuckic Tiote Gutierrez
    Best Ba
    Subs: Harper Williamson Raylor Abeid SAmeobi Shola Ben Arfa

This looks like the team.. tough game tho, will there be many streams up for this??

Comfortable win for Newcastle tonight IMO. 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

gav86 wrote: »
    This looks like the team.. tough game tho, will there be many streams up for this??

Nah... He got the sub keeper wrong, shocking. it's totally an unmitigated disaster.

haha yeah your right, i was just copying and pasting! but thats the starting 11 anyway..

G.K. wrote: »
    Nah... He got the sub keeper wrong, shocking. it's totally an unmitigated disaster.
    gav86 wrote: »
    haha yeah your right, i was just copying and pasting! but thats the starting 11 anyway..

So fcekin close, ah well next time.

• Advertisement

streams

Ahem.... And none of them showing newcastle lol

Found one

Best playing well, winning headers. Perch playing well too. Where is That Guy, could do with his hand on Obertans shoulder ;)

Santon really looks better every game he plays. Quality buy.

Vuckic pass there is what he is all about.

Better team but not creating any decent chances yet. Defence doing well

F**k it

• Advertisement

BALLS, very unlike Colo, match fitness?

Bad decision there, not the best time for decisions to be finally going for Roy Hodgson

My consolation was that I had Odemwingie backed for first goal...I know, I'm a c**t!

My streams gone, anyone got any?

Same here, there's nothing around :mad:

• Advertisement

Get IN BA

1-1 just saw the goal, Demba Ba, free kick, pure class

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/99133/1/watch-newcastle-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.html

Link 1 is working.

YESSSS Dembaaaaa

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

FÚCKING DEMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

For fúck sake. :mad::mad::mad:

FFS