Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Ba you machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Vuckic!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

7 mins for revenge on that final game of the season.

Oh for fúck sake.

fcuk it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, disaster. dont deserve this.

FCUK. RIGHT. OFF.

3 points dropped. shocking, just shocking.

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

having a laugh

Disgusted with that.

• Advertisement

All I can say is GO ON QPR 2-2

Our defence, having received a ton of praise has turned into a shambles overnight. The sooner Williamson is back the better but we need to buy another one badly.

Positive: Vuckic and Ba. Without Ba, we'd be fúcked. I have no qualms in admitting that he is one of the finest centre forwards since we've had since Shearer.

Negatives: Sloppy at the back and shít crossing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

How was Vuckic bar the two long-range shots?

G.K. wrote: »

Played well, shows promise, great control and has the eye for a pass. Not much of a tackler so not like Cabaye or Guthrie, needs to improve that area of his game.

Balls. Mackems just scored. balls balls balls.

G.K. wrote: »

Decent, looks to be quality, our problems today were at the back and down the wings. Colo is being pulled all over the shop, most likely because he is covering, or feels he needs to cover, Perch

Isnt it amazing how your fortunes can change, look at Sunderland now.

M5 wrote: »
    Isnt it amazing how your fortunes can change, look at Sunderland now.

They are still 5hit, QPR are a poor team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watched the whole game tonight between you guys and West Brom. Have to say on the balance of play I thought you were robbed. The defense is a problem because there is a lack of pace there and they were playing a very high line.

Ba is just so classy, had the ball in the net four times I think it was with two offside. Regardless of the offsides it just shows how lethal the guy is. Was nice to see Ben Arfa get an opportunity but I think he is lost playing behind the front man in a situation where the other team are trying to hold on. I thought Shola Ameobi would have been a more sensible substitution at that stage with his height. Tiote didn't look his usual self tonight but the one thing that impressed me about Newcastle tonight even in defeat is how hard almost every player works. It won't be long before you are back to winning ways with that attitude on the pitch.

Agree with the poster who said you need to buy somebody for the back. Well if you are going to play such a high line that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Crap defense.

Crap subs by Pardew (Taylor for Santon, wtf??)

Crap display (Bar Vuckic and Ba)

Deserved nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Santon injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I was away last night so missed the game,only got round to watching the highlights on football first so my observations probably won't be as good as the rest of your's,but jaysus what an awful result losing to west brom at home,our defending for the 2nd and 3rd goal would give you nightmares.Vuckic seemed to play well,but regardless we really missed.cabaye dictating the play in midfield.Best works like a horse and his touches are generally good,but he offers no real goal threat,I think we should definitely play ben arfa behind Ba for the bolton game.I'm not overly optimistic going into this game now,at the start of the month,it seemed like an easy 3 point win but can't see us getting anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Was suprised when Vucknic was playing that it wasnt Ben Arfa up front as he could drop deeper than Best and help in midfield. Best wasnt sharp at all but suppose he hasnt played in ages. Can Vucknic play on the right wing?
    Agree with a previous poster who said that bringing on Ben Arfa when chasing a game isnt the right option as he can't get in behind as much.. Shola Ameobi up front would have been the right option but on the wing was a bit stupid!! need a fast CB in Jan! Coloccini got seriously exposed for pace last night, i know Long and Odemwingie are fast, shame we didnt get Long in the Summer.. If we didnt have Ba we would be serious trouble..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

More of the same crap. Another nothing of a transfer window by sounds of it. Amazing how other managers can get 3-4 players in. Pardew should ring harry and ask how its done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

kennyb3 wrote: »
    More of the same crap. Another nothing of a transfer window by sounds of it. Amazing how other managers can get 3-4 players in. Pardew should ring harry and ask how its done.

Nothing to do with Pardew really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Paully D wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Pardew really.
    True. I know its the top. Just letting my frustrations get the better of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

kennyb3 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Pardew doesn't have the freedom in the market that Redknapp does so that's a non starter. If he had, then we'd have a lot more players in the squad than we currently do.

Maiga was set to arrive in January, now that's not happening - not awful disappointed considering he would've been a risk at £7m.

We'll probably get a centreback in come the New Year, either on loan or whatever but can people stop living in dreamland when it comes to Newcastle United in the transfer market - we're a changed club.
    When we sign someone it'll be after lengthy research, prolonged discussions and at the right price. Not forgetting his age.

Cabaye, Ba, Santon, Ben Arfa, Abeid the results of all this.

I'm a fan of what we are working towards with Ashley, it's just some of his other self-efficiency methods are questionable at best.

Not sure how regularly I'll be online between now and Christmas Day but have a good one fellow Mags.

Hopefully we get a belated present in the form of a win V Bolton on Stephen's Day.

Take it easy lads.

And Paully if you're reading this (I know you are ;)), have a good one too mate.

That_Guy wrote: »
    And Paully if you're reading this (I know you are ;)), have a good one too mate.

Cheers fella, much appreciated. Same to all of you lads!

Happy Christmas to all mags and regular contributors to the NUFC forum! Getting busier and busier every year!

Heres hoping for a black and white new year :)

On the Maiga thing, anyone thing its strange that this broke down over a disputed medical? I wonder if the form of Demba Ba has anything to do with it?

• Advertisement

On the Maiga thing, anyone thing its strange that this broke down over a disputed medical? I wonder if the form of Demba Ba has anything to do with it?

I'd say it's down to Maiga's shít form myself. :pac:

bazual wrote: »

I think he might be a good signing for you myself.

He'll be cheap as City barely know he exists and he's very versatile which would be handy as you could do with cover in all 4 positions across the back which he'd provide. Fits the Ashley model in all areas of cost, wage, age and potential sell on fee.

He's decent enough in most attributes whilst not really excelling in anything. A solid mid-table Premier League defender.

The only problem is he wouldn't come back to us as he wanted to stay in the north-west (his mother is very sick AFAIK) so that could be a problem. I could see him preferring a move to another north-west club but with them all (realistic options for him anyway) in relegation trouble who knows.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'd say it's down to Maiga's shít form myself. :pac:

Time will tell i suppose... Lets hope its not a Demba Ba situation

Looking like the team st.stephens day,

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Williamson --- Raylor

Obertan --- Tiote --- Cabaye --- Gutierrez

Ben Arfa --- Ba

Few things we need to get tactically right,first of us none of this high defensive line sh*te this time,west brom murdered us with that last time,with williamson playing it'll give us more power in the air.
    As much as I dislike Obertan,I think he has a big part to play tomorrow,with Alonso injured,Paul Robinson will be playing so if Obertan can't beat him,he won't beat anyone! Here's to hoping to an end to our stephen day blues with a win at the reebok,happy christmas everyone,have a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

As the other lads have said; a Happy and safe Christmas to ye all :)

We've a good chance against Bolton on Monday, if we're allowed to pass the ball around the park I reckon we'll win - all depends how Coyle's men come out of the traps.
    Better not be a freak mauling again :pac:

Apparently we've made an official enquiry for Vertonghen as well, probably asking whether they'll take £5m cash for him and a bottle of whiskey :pac:

Take it easy lads! :)

Happy Xmas to all the mags posters and Paully.

Hope ye all had a good Xmas. Plenty of chocolate and sweets to munch through today while watching our game I hope!

Right so, down to the business, Bolton today. They'll be on a high after beating Blackburn and moving off the foot of the table last week, whereas we're going through a sh!tty patch lately with just 2 points from our last 6 games.
    They do have the worst defence in the league (-17) and have only won one at home this season so that gives me hope we can take all 3 points. Big plus having Cabaye back, really missed him against WBA. Williamson maybe back in defence so hopefully that'll shore things up, as we're conceding way too many goals lately.
    I'm going to go for a 2-1 win for the Toon.

A Newcastle win IMO. 1-2.

Krul, Simpson, Williamson:D, Coloccini, R Taylor, Obertan:(, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Best, Ba

• Advertisement

Krul, Simpson, Williamson:D, Coloccini, R Taylor, Obertan:(, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Best, Ba
    Happy with Williamson getting his game,no surprises over Obertan really,disappointed Best is playing,offers very little goal threat!

Anyone have any decent links for the game??cheers

Paully D wrote: »
    A Newcastle win IMO. 1-2.

Easy one for ye today too, 3-1 home win to Sunderland.

As for us. 1-1 till the last 10 mins and we will get a jammy winner from Shola, 2-1.

bazual wrote: »
    Easy one for ye today too, 3-1 home win to Sunderland.

It certainly won't be easy. We haven't beaten Everton in 10 years. Draw at best, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any links lads?

Unlucky Raylor!

If that doesn't work, should find something here:

http://www.lshunter.tv/football-live-streaming-video.html

What does Obertan offer? can't cross, can't defend, shooting is awful, he is a dead end even against the worst defense in the league he looks woefully out of his depth

What does Obertan offer? can't cross, can't defend, shooting is awful, he is a dead end even against the worst defense in the league he looks woefully out of his depth
    Read this morning that he's never had a shot on target since he joined newcastle!!

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Read this morning that he's never had a shot on target since he joined newcastle!!

I doubt he has an assist either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement