Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Doocey wrote: »
    I'd imagine that they'd invert the Virgin logo to Black and White but who knows.

Hopefully.

The Chief Executive of Virgin Money made clear her view the name St. James' Park belonged to the people of the North East and the City of Newcastle Upon Tyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mock of what could be on the jersey's this evening.

NUVirginLarge.jpg

Logo really looks out of place if it turns out to be something like that. As doocey said hopefully its incorporated into the stripes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to ye lads ye were far superior tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

great performance... im slightly worried about the loss of Ba and Tiote for the African Nations... :o

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Helluva game lads. Fair play:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Superb performance, cabaye motm by a nose from tiote imo.

3 nil slightly flattered us but fully deserved win by 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

What a performance - how good were Williamson and Coloccini? Best performance of Willo's career anyway! :D

Delighted with that, sickened I didn't back Ba for first goalscorer at 8/1 ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

You think Taylor could afford a full waistcoat instead of the half of one he has on in the Sky Studio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Haven't seen a newcastle team play so well in years..........cracking performance from the lads!!!!!!!!!

I'm overjoyed seriously. Just on an absolute high.

I hope Sky will stop showing the amount of times that Man United have beaten us at home in their video packages from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Just back in hotel for a change of clothes, absolutely pished, best performance I've ever seen live, to a man the team were a team tonight, the last time I watched us aginst man united at home we were beat 5-1, left at half time, not tonight, atmosphere brilliant over here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who do you loose to the ACN apart from Ba?

Truly awesome performance tonight. The whole team was superb and Pardew deserves huge credit for setting up a team that was going to have a go at United.

Will be buzzing for the week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

mike65 wrote: »
    Who do you loose to the ACN apart from Ba?
    tiote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Buzzing after that! Absolutely outstanding performance, we just hassled, chased, tackled and worked like dogs all night. Didn't give Man U a second on the ball and got in their faces and boy did it pay off. We just played them off the park. Tiote, Cabaye, Colo, Willo, Ba and Ameobi were superb. Simmo solid, Santon impressed and made some good runs early on. In general all played very well so I'm over the moon with that.

Howay the lads! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

That'll do lads, that'll do. :D

New sponsor must be slightly familiar to one member of our staff

pa-photos_t_premier-league-managers-young-gallery-pies-1412q.jpg

Any chance Richard Branson will take over the whole operation? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

rooney will bag 2/3 tonight
    we'll sweep them aside effortlessly

Probably my favourite pre-match prediction from the Man U thread :):)

From various sources including SSN
    The Magpies have an extensive scouting system operating across the Channel, and it has come up trumps in the past 12 months with a number of excellent signings for the club.

The club continue to scour the region and Corgnet has emerged as their latest target.

Dijon now claim they have rejected a bid from the North East club and are not looking to sell him during the January transfer window.

Asked by RMC if Corgnet was certain to stay, coach Patrice Carteron replied: "It is.

"We had a direct approach from Newcastle, but Benjamin is of the same approach as us and wants to continue to grow and play the full season in Ligue 1.

"At the end of the season, he would be allowed to leave - Newcastle's offer was very high."

I call shenanigans, the last sentence is hard to believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

6tpnqe.jpg

;)

Newcastle bid for James Tompkins

*various sources

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

M5 wrote: »
    Newcastle bid for James Tompkins

*various sources

He has just changed agents as well AFAIK

amiable wrote: »
    He has just changed agents as well AFAIK

Looking for a move?

With Demba and Tiote away for a while, now is the time where we need Ashley to free the purse strings.

We're at a pivotal stage of the season where we can actually make something of ourselves. We've done fantastically well this season in getting where we are given the injuries we've had of late. The fact that the squad is so small means that there is a massive bond between the staff and players and it has shown on the pitch throughout the season.

The fact that we are a small squad means that resources are limited. We're 7th and at this stage it's ours to lose and the squad will need a bit of help. Demba makes up about 70% of our goals and he will be a massive loss.
    I like Shola and Besty but I just don't see either of them being able to fill the void that Demba will leave behind.
    I think Robbie Keane would have been a brilliant short term solution but his move to Villa seems a done deal at this stage.

Hatem seems the most likely to start more but to be honest, I don't think he's quite the player that a lot of people think he is. He can pick a pass and looks flashy but he's gone missing an awful lot this season but given the nature of his previous injury, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and I do believe that he is still finding his feet and is still adapting. Game time will most certainly help him. Not sure how prolific he can be. Someone like Pavyluchenko (probably didn't spell that right) wouldn't be too bad a signing though I'm not sure how much Spurs would let him go for.

Defensively we need cover. We're one injury away from regularly playing James Perch and another injury away from having Kadar alongside him. A combination that doesn't inspire much confidence despite the fact that I think Perch has done quite well when called upon. The likes of Onuoha or Bassong would be welcome additions in my opinion. I know Alex is available but wages would be a big factor with him.

Central midfield looks well covered on paper with the likes of Guthrie/Vuckic/Gosling waiting in the wings but the latter two are still very young and would be quite a big ask to fill in for Tiote while he's gone given that Guthrie is still out with a groin injury.

Left wing might be a bit of a weak link with Lovenkrands more than likely set to leave in January. I'm sure Sammy or Obertan could play there but they'd need to be willing to track back like Jonas does.
    Ryan Taylor looked a lot more confident at right midfield than he did at left back given that it's his more natural side.

Defensively we need to strengthen and our forward line needs to be aware that if we aren't going to strengthen then the onus for goals has become far greater.

With the exception of West Brom and Norwich, we've beaten or drawn with every team that's below us right now.

Looking for a move?

Not sure what is going on as his new agent has links to Allardyce

Not sure what is going on as his new agent has links to Allardyce

TBH he's probably better off staying where he is. WHU look good for promotion. Then he can get some good PL experience and move if he still wants too.

I dont think its a good move to leave a club that look to be on their way to promotion

TBH he's probably better off staying where he is. WHU look good for promotion. Then he can get some good PL experience and move if he still wants too.

I dont think its a good move to leave a club that look to be on their way to promotion

Mark Curtis is the new agent and he has an interesting history.

He was involved the Andy Carroll transfer.

He's also been involved in some Panorama investigations.

The FA have done some investigating on him too.

He had a big falling out a former agent called Peter Harrison when he allegedly tapped up some of his clients.

We have done a few interesting deals recently, seem to get a lot of inside info (Cabaye valued at 9 million had a 4 million release clause). We also got the jump on Demba Ba due to some funky fact finding. Wouldnt rule out something like that here

He was involved the Andy Carroll transfer.

He's also been involved in some Panorama investigations.

The FA have done some investigating on him too.

He had a big falling out a former agent called Peter Harrison when he allegedly tapped up some of his clients.
    We have done a few interesting deals recently, seem to get a lot of inside info (Cabaye valued at 9 million had a 4 million release clause). We also got the jump on Demba Ba due to some funky fact finding. Wouldnt rule out something like that here

Rumour has it there was massive agent fees involved in the Demba Ba deal.

Still a great piece of business. I just hope NUFC don't get in any trouble.

• Advertisement

Rumour has it there was massive agent fees involved in the Demba Ba deal.

Still a great piece of business. I just hope NUFC don't get in any trouble.

Yeah, we had the third highest agent fees of the year i think. The total spend is still probably less than Ba's current value though :)

If he has links to Big Sam i cant see him going behind his back, but who knows

Is the lad any good, i have to confess to knowing absolutely nothing about him

Yeah, we had the third highest agent fees of the year i think. The total spend is still probably less than Ba's current value though :)

If he has links to Big Sam i cant see him going behind his back, but who knows

Is the lad any good, i have to confess to knowing absolutely nothing about him

Yes he's a decent player alright. Seems the type of player NUFC would want.

Dare i say that Big Sam may get a cut in any potential transfer.

The following article is worth a read

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2007/nov/07/twentyquestionsforboltonma

Gary Silkman (grease ball agent) on SSN there talking about Tiote.

"Tiote really is a Man United player"

:rolleyes:

Gary Silkman (grease ball agent) on SSN there talking about Tiote.

"Tiote really is a Man United player"

:rolleyes:

Highly doubt he'll go anywhere this month with the ACN on. Nice to hear him pawning off our player though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

With Demba and Tiote away for a while, now is the time where we need Ashley to free the purse strings.

I know I'm starting to be proven wrong about my opinion of Ashley but I cant see us spending much in the transfer window. I see on BBC sport gossip we are linked with a few 2.5 to 3m rated players so hopefully we get one or two decent signings.
    Am I right in thinking Ashley is looking to settle the ship for a season or two and then sell on or is he using it as advertisement for SD or am I way off the mark?

*BREAKING NEWS*

The FA have demanded that Newcastle United remove the 'Virgin' logo from their strips after fúcking Man Utd the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

What team would people like to be see at the weekend? Seems Tiote will be gone if Yaya isnt about for Man City! I see Alan Smith is complaining he's not getting game time maybe throw him in for a few slide tackles :rolleyes:
    Harper
    Perch --- Colo --- Williamson -- Santon

Raylor --- Smith --- Vucknic -- Lovens/Sammy
    Sh Ameobi -- Ben Arfa
    Mix it up a little, Midfield would be a little light but would give Jonas and Simspon rests and Obertan is not fully fit yet so rest him, Ben Arfa needs game time, potential match winner but needs to show this ability..

I'll be over for the game tomorrow. \o/

I'd expect a few fringe players to get a run out and put them on show for potential buyers in the transfer window.

Wouldn't mind this line up tomorrow
    Elliot

Simmo --- Kadar --- Perch --- Ferguson

Sammy --- Gosling --- Vuckic --- Lovenkrands

Smith

Hatem

Would like to see Dan Gosling, Ben Arfa and Haris Vuckic get a bit more playing time, so Saturday would be a good opportunity to do so.

With Tiote gone for the month and Guthrie out, it could be a chance for Vuckic or Gosling to nail down a place in the side.

• Advertisement

*BREAKING NEWS*

The FA have demanded that Newcastle United remove the 'Virgin' logo from their strips after fúcking Man Utd the other night

Groan!!!!

You will hear that at least 15 million times in the next two years im sure!

I'll be over for the game tomorrow. \o/

I'd expect a few fringe players to get a run out and put them on show for potential buyers in the transfer window.

Wouldn't mind this line up tomorrow
    Elliot

Simmo --- Kadar --- Perch --- Ferguson

Sammy --- Gosling --- Vuckic --- Lovenkrands

Smith

Hatem

Agreed, Balckburn will be fielding a few reserve players and i think we should. I think Smith would be pushing it though

Wouldnt have Smith in an attacking midfield role anyway, he hasnt scored in something like 5 years! Put Vucknic in there or Ben Arfa. Forgot all about Gosling! Would need to play one of Best/Shola as well i think, these lads need to pick up where Ba left off and start scoring.

Hard to know with the FA Cup whether to play reserves or to play a full team squad and maybe suffer in the League..

Agreed, Balckburn will be fielding a few reserve players and i think we should. I think Smith would be pushing it though

The only reason I'd want him in there is so that potential buyers will just snap him up. He's been dwindling about for far too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

The only reason I'd want him in there is so that potential buyers will just snap him up. He's been dwindling about for far too long.

Might scare off potential buyers when they see him and remember how useless he is!:D

Beekay wrote: »
    Might scare off potential buyers when they see him and remember how useless he is!:D

Ah yeah better off just sending potential buyers clips from youtube of his best bits......
    Oh wait no-one buys a player from just watching youtube :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

gav86 wrote: »
    Ah yeah better off just sending potential buyers clips from youtube of his best bits......
    Oh wait no-one buys a player from just watching youtube :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ignacio Gonzales. Was injured for the entire time we had him. A farce of a signing.

gav86 wrote: »
    What team would people like to be see at the weekend? Seems Tiote will be gone if Yaya isnt about for Man City! I see Alan Smith is complaining he's not getting game time maybe throw him in for a few slide tackles :rolleyes:
    Harper
    Perch --- Colo --- Williamson -- Santon

Raylor --- Smith --- Vucknic -- Lovens/Sammy
    Sh Ameobi -- Ben Arfa
    Mix it up a little, Midfield would be a little light but would give Jonas and Simspon rests and Obertan is not fully fit yet so rest him, Ben Arfa needs game time, potential match winner but needs to show this ability..
    I agree with this team,maybe gosling instead of that waste of space alan smith,I'd be happy see him go for nothing,cut our losses and get him off the wage bill.
    We shouldn't underestimate blackburn,we should show them respect and play a decent team,they've been decent away from home and there's no reason why we should rest all our good players.We won't get relegated and we won't get into the champions league,other teams like spurs who are going for the title and blackburn who are battling in a relegation will view the competition as a way to rest players but we shouldn't think this way.

Ignacio Gonzales. Was injured for the entire time we had him. A farce of a signing.
    Anyone remember the legend Marcelino?

Seannew1 wrote: »

Argh stop, fecking Oguchi Onyewu has turned into a cult hero at Sporting Lisbon, 3 goals in 10 games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Seannew1 wrote: »

The 87th defender that was supposed to solve all our defensive worries. Then spent 6 months out with 'sore hair' or whatever the hell it was he was supposed to have, actually a finger injury or something :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement