Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Redknapp confirming he's interested in Ba - and talking about a release clause in his contract.
    Would this lad ever fuck off?
    Trying to unsettle Ba, and his form.

Would be interested to see how this question came about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Doocey wrote: »
    Redknapp confirming he's interested in Ba - and talking about a release clause in his contract.
    Would this lad ever fuck off?
    Trying to unsettle Ba, and his form.

Would be interested to see how this question came about..

Slimey underhanded tactics again from Redknapp.

Would be very surprised to hear that Ashley etc agreed to an easy get out clause considering the alleged huge agents fees that were paid to secure Ba

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Sky sports news reporting a quote from the Daily Mail that there's a £10 million release clause in his contract. Hopefully it's bull...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

M5 wrote: »
    Slimey underhanded tactics again from Redknapp.

Would be very surprised to hear that Ashley etc agreed to an easy get out clause considering the alleged huge agents fees that were paid to secure Ba

lee_ryder Lee Ryder
    Most Premier League transfers have clauses in them , I bet #thfc have a few but most opposing managers wouldn't blab them out in public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

amiable wrote: »
    lee_ryder Lee Ryder
    Most Premier League transfers have clauses in them , I bet #thfc have a few but most opposing managers wouldn't blab them out in public
    Surely the question should be who told Redknapp and all the other leagues managers before Harry said it in public

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Surely the question should be who told Redknapp and all the other leagues managers before Harry said it in public

The point is he's always doing it but claims he doesn't

Harry does love to talk about players from other clubs, always has done.

amiable wrote: »
    The point is he's always doing it but claims he doesn't
    He talks about every player though I think thats just Harry says nice things about everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I believe it was a reporter that said it in the press conference that Demba had a release clause and Harry said thats what he heard too.
    Anyone with interest could find this out from the agent anyway, and this is likely something that Demba's agent requested in his contract and not something newcastle specified.

bazual wrote: »
    I believe it was a reporter that said it in the press conference that Demba had a release clause and Harry said thats what he heard too.
    Anyone with interest could find this out from the agent anyway, and this is likely something that Demba's agent requested in his contract and not something newcastle specified.
    I'd imagine the Agent was pimping him around looking for some more massive Agent fees

• Advertisement

I'd imagine the Agent was pimping him around looking for some more massive Agent fees

There isn't just one agent involved with Demba Ba, indeed 5 or 6 all vied to get Ba's transfer when he was released from West Ham.

One particular agent tried to sign him up for Everton until the news was broken, and it wouldn't surprise me if this very agent leaked out details of Ba's contract.

Anyway, £10m release clause? Yeah right.. ;)

So 2-1, sounded like an injury time winner from Jonas.

Danny Simpson taken off injured with Raylor coming on for him. Hopefully its not too serious as he has been a good performer as the season has gone on.

Supposed to be a savage individual goal from HBA, I'm sure That Guy will tell us all about it when he gets back, nice game to be at and we have finally gotten revenge on Blackburn.

Alan Pardew described Ben Arfa's goals as the "best I've ever seen"

Can't wait for the highlights show!

And to beat Blackburn in the dying seconds like they did to us in the Carling Cup was sweet :pac:

Alan Pardew described Ben Arfa's goals as the "best I've ever seen"

Can't wait for the highlights show!

And to beat Blackburn in the dying seconds like they did to us in the Carling Cup was sweet :pac:

About 25 Secs of highlights on the ITV show, the f3ckers. Hba goal was class though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

About 25 Secs of highlights on the ITV show, the f3ckers. Hba goal was class though.

Maradonaesque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPXxGsawbSM&feature=youtu.be

What

A

Goal
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Amazing goal, but I can't see how this is the best Pardew has seen? Nowhere near for me.

Not to take away from it though, stupidly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I'll take that FA Cup draw. Fancy us progressing to the next round with either Brighton or Wrexham. Here's hoping :)

• Advertisement

I'll take that FA Cup draw. Fancy us progressing to the next round with either Brighton or Wrexham. Here's hoping :)

Could be tricky, remember last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Been Toonless, boards.ieless and internetless for the last 4months. Man have I missed the games and the banter. Went away in Sept and just got back, all I can say is, what a belter of a season. Just seems to be getting better! HOWAY THE LADS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Top notch weekend in the Toon. Ben Arfa's goal... Messi-esque. I never tire of seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

That_Guy wrote: »
    Top notch weekend in the Toon. Ben Arfa's goal... Messi-esque. I never tire of seeing it.

It was class goal alright and Jonas' finish as well was sweet, pity about the lack of highlights of the game. Pardew must have to FA Cup high enough in his priorities with the team he put out. How did Abeid play? See him playing the next match or Gosling!?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Just saw the goals there (all 38 seconds for 3 goals!!!) But class goals from HBA and Jonas. Thats exactly like the Maradonna goal where he skins everyone on the team (at least once), pure class.
    And loving where the seasons goin as well. Few bad results but overall, have to say we're looking good. Hopefully Ba and Tiote are back soon and aren't poached while the windows open from evil greedy clubs.....

gav86 wrote: »
    It was class goal alright and Jonas' finish as well was sweet, pity about the lack of highlights of the game. Pardew must have to FA Cup high enough in his priorities with the team he put out. How did Abeid play? See him playing the next match or Gosling!?

Thought he did ok. Nice to see him get a run out. Still has a bit to learn but I'd personally prefer to have Gosling in there. Guthrie is back in training but might be too soon for him to come back in just yet.

• Advertisement

PauloConn wrote: »
    Hopefully Ba and Tiote are back soon and aren't poached while the windows open from evil greedy clubs.....

Now now. Don't go that road. :pac:

Anyone going over in March, fancy organising a wee get together for the scum game??

chimpo85 wrote: »
    Anyone going over in March, fancy organising a wee get together for the scum game??

I'll be over for sure. Just don't wanna book anything yet in case of date change.

I'll be over for sure. Just don't wanna book anything yet in case of date change.

Ah yeah, im going over for a week or two so wont need to worry about it. Surely a good few lads off this going??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

any chance it's for the Liverpool game? thinking of going over for that on 21st March :D

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    any chance it's for the Liverpool game? thinking of going over for that on 21st March :D

Sunderland game.

Sunderland game.
    makem game on 2nd, liverpool game is 31st too, i think...

Mackems on the 3rd of March. I'd imagine it'll most likely be on at 12pm.

Jason Prior, a 23 year old trialist made his debut for the reserves V Wigan and apparently scored an absolute belter and scored it whilst wearing the number 9 shirt.

Stuff dreams are made of. He's the new Santiago Munez. ;)

Jason Prior, a 23 year old trialist made his debut for the reserves V Wigan and apparently scored an absolute belter and scored it whilst wearing the number 9 shirt.

Stuff dreams are made of. He's the new Santiago Munez. ;)

Awesome, stuff i go to bed dreaming of! Although I havent scored nealry 100 goals in 120 games!

@dembabafoot official twitter account

Sammy injured for several months after a 50/50 challenge in yesterday's reserve game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Sammy injured for several months after a 50/50 challenge in yesterday's reserve game.

Any news on what type of leg injury it is? Hopefully its not a severe knee injury or broken leg.

Aye, get out to Monkseaton for 6am and get on the beer right early and into the 3 Bulls for pre kick off banter! Love it!

Hoping this is the line up for the weekend.

Tim Krul
    ---Simpson----Willo----Colo
    Santon----
    ----Obertan---Guthrie---Cabaye--Jonas----
    HBA

Shola

Subs:Elliot, Best, Perch, Gosling, Raylor, Vuckic, Abeid

• Advertisement

Hoping this is the line up for the weekend.

Tim Krul
    ---Simpson----Willo----Colo
    Santon----
    ----Obertan---Guthrie---Cabaye--Jonas----
    HBA

Shola

Subs:Elliot, Best, Perch, Gosling, Raylor, Vuckic, Abeid

I think we'll see HBA on the right and Best/Shola up front

Nearly forgot I've got a ticket for this game. :pac:

7am flight over, 10pm flight home. Gonna be a fookin' killer.

How I think we'll line up.
    Krul

Simmo --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Raylor --- Guthrie --- Cabaye --- Jonas

HBA

Best

Interesting to see we're bidding for Morrison.

Massive potential but an absolute troublemaker.

Was just a couple of days ago I was looking at him in United's squad so a bit weird that we've went in for him! :pac:

Would pay just over £1m for him, but I expect United would look for a 35% or so sell-on-clause!

Mr T sent off in a friendly game against Tunisia before the ACON, a few more of those and he will be back before ya know it
    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP)—Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou scored and Cheick Tiote was sent off as three of Ivory Coast’s English Premier League players were prominent in a 2-0 friendly win over Tunisia on Friday.

Kalou fired home just before halftime and Chelsea teammate Drogba converted a penalty two minutes into the second half as the African Cup of Nations favorite launched its final run-in to the tournament with an impressive victory over the 2004 continental champion.

Drogba set up Kalou and then netted from the spot after a handball by Karim Haggui.

Newcastle United midfielder Tiote was red carded with less than 20 minutes to go for a dangerous, off-the-ball challenge.

Conveniently sent off in his first game... maybe a tad too presumptuous? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Have flights and accomodation booked for the derby, just the small matter of getting tickets now...

Nearly forgot I've got a ticket for this game.

7am flight over, 10pm flight home. Gonna be a fookin' killer.

How I think we'll line up.

Krul

Simmo --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Raylor --- Guthrie --- Cabaye --- Jonas

HBA

Best

Yeah I did that a few years ago when we beat Liverpool 2-1 at home, early flight over and then back that night. Tough going, was never so tired in all my life! Would be happy enough with that team but maybe Shola in instead of Best. Hughes' first game for QPR so they'll wanna make a good impression. Would still be disappointed not to win though, they've a good few out.

Gwan the Stoke. A win tomorrow sees us leap frog Liverpool by a point. If we win by five clear goals we'll go above Arsenal.

LET'S GET CARRIED AWAY.

Gwan the Stoke. A win tomorrow sees us leap frog Liverpool by a point. If we win by five clear goals we'll go above Arsenal.

LET'S GET CARRIED AWAY.

Someone's following nufcfans on Twitter as well I take it? :pac:

Win tomorrow would be great, to go above Liverpool and everything!

Howay The Lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Why do toon fans see Ryan Taylor featuring on the bench tomorrow? Is it not worthy of consideration in midfield at least?

• Advertisement

Why do toon fans see Ryan Taylor featuring on the bench tomorrow? Is it not worthy of consideration in midfield at least?

I'd like to see him start out on the right personally. Did a tremendous job against Man United out there imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement