Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Why do toon fans see Ryan Taylor featuring on the bench tomorrow? Is it not worthy of consideration in midfield at least?

I reckon he'll start tomorrow, on the right instead of obertan...would rather it anyway...although his deliveries are going to be as neCessary with Best upfront and his lack of ability in the air...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Why do toon fans see Ryan Taylor featuring on the bench tomorrow? Is it not worthy of consideration in midfield at least?

He was actually alright against Man U in a midfield roll. He has however been consistantly poor for 10 games or so, granted out of position at LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Myself and a buddy are heading over for the Sunderland game, staying in Jurys, well up for meeting up!

Dave147 wrote: »
    Myself and a buddy are heading over for the Sunderland game, staying in Jurys, well up for meeting up!

First home derby in years im missing and looks like all of you feckers are heading over!

Hba dropped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

M5 wrote: »
    Hba dropped

Surely his goal and performance in 2nd half against blackburn merited a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Hba dropped

Pardew...some players perform on the day..i think his previous outings have proved this. Play him f*ck it.
    Dave147 wrote: »

Jurys! Very fancy, aye we should have a meeting up.

Strange decision, supposedly had a good game against blackburn, cant understand tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I'm surprised Raylor is playing really, he had a good game v Man U but with Traore not playing for QPR I thought Pardew would go with attacking wingers with either Obertan or HBA on the right to run at Hill.

QPR first to everything here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

We're very flat here

Unlucky by Wright-Philips, that should be the alarm bell needed to wake the fcuk up

Giving the ball away very cheaply.

Fcuk, hope Cabaye won't have to go off

Balls that's all we need

Cabaye acting like a big girls blouse, nothing dirty in that, credit to derry he appologised immediately and didnt make a big deal of tbe push

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How's that not a yellow card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Ray Wilkins is a prat. "hes a magnificent fella", "my word", amongst some of his more annoying phrases.

He even called Shaun Derry "a very enthusiastic young man" :confused:

Hmmm, could be worse than it looked

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How's that not a yellow card?

It was

It was

Ah, must have missed that part!

Poor header by williamson

Newcastle playing now

• Advertisement

Wilkins doesn't half sit on the fence does he?

Positive guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Is Ryan Taylor in cm now ?

Great finish by Best

Mmmmm minty

Brilliant!

That would be a first, not impossible though, hba could be rm

Strangely Cabayes injury seems to have sparked us into life. QPR well on top before that. Fortunate to be winning but the better side for the last 20

Strangely Cabayes injury seems to have sparked us into life. QPR well on top before that. Fortunate to be winning but the better side for the last 20

Did they mention any report on Cabayes injury-how serious it is etc.?

I cant figure out who is playing where in our MF. Jonas is RW and Taylor seems to be CM. HBA is all over the place as is Guthrie. Looks like we are playing no LW and 3 CM. :confused:

It has been pretty hectic though, no pattern to the CM

• Advertisement

Cake Man wrote: »
    Did they mention any report on Cabayes injury-how serious it is etc.?

Nothing broken, ankle injury, needs a scan but not to serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Can see Benny-boy grabbing one in the second half, looks so exciting everytime he gets on the ball.

Need to be careful though, QPR could easily get back in this.

Great finish from Best, hopefully one of many goals to come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

After Harry Redknapp's decision to make Demba Ba's release clause public, Newcastle have responded by releasing details of 'Arry's own release clause;

file-cake.jpg

Excellent, love those 1-0 wins. Hard fought victories. 6th in the table happy days.

Great Results, one shot on target and win one nil. We didnt play that wonderful but a one nil win when playing poorly, isn't that the sign of champions??? LOL

Back 5 looking very solid now, Guthrie had a great game considering his fitness is probably not 100. Fulham in 6 days time hopefully Yohan will be fit for the game. Raylor had a pretty good game too, he was poor at RM but when he was in a central role he played pretty well and got forward and did well for the goal. Jonas was MOTM for me, constant running back and forward on the wings, attacking and helping out Santon.

As for the 2 boys up front, all Shola can really do is hold up the ball, I suppose he does bring people into play and all but as a goal scorer I just don't think he has it. Besty has a nice bit of trickery and was great for the goal but is average enough in his general play. Really need a striker in the transfer window. I think priority now should be striker before center back. What do ye reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Newcastle are the Premiership snipers! one shot(on target) one KILL!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Worst. Game. Ever.

I froze my tits off for that?

Still, a win is a win I guess.

EDIT: We've now got two more points than we had in our relegation season.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Newcastle are the Premiership snipers! one shot(on target) one KILL!!!!

Seen that stat at the end of the game but surely Jonas' effort when Kenny went walkabouts was an attempt on target!?

Midfield seemed all over the shop with Jonas/HBA drifting into the middle but seemed to work! Ameobi needs a good boot up the hole. Best took the goal very well

Best worked extremely hard throughout the game I thought. Shola was a bit all over the place. His hold up play is ok but his touch and his lack of movement towards the ball is very infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Was just about to post that. Danny Simpson put it up on twitter and said he was gonna ring Leon Best about it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

ya it was orignaly made for the rapper drake though so it is a fake ...still creepy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thats so weird! Looks like a computer generated person by the end.

BEST'S SCORED ONE SINCE DEMBA'S GONE,

HE JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH...

AND HE JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH OF...

etc etc etc

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

gav86 wrote: »
    Seen that stat at the end of the game but surely Jonas' effort when Kenny went walkabouts was an attempt on target!?

That's true! "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

A bit of a coup for you boys AGAIN

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7438911/
    Newcastle United are set to seal a deal for Freiburg star Papiss Cisse, Sky Sports understands.

The 26-year-old has emerged as one of the most feared strikers in Germany over the past 18 months.

He scored 22 goals last season and has already scored nine this term.

The likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Blackburn and Aston Villa have all been strongly linked whilst Sunderland were understood to be close to sealing a deal last summer.

The Black Cats have again been strongly linked this January, but it is now believed that Newcastle are close to pulling of a transfer coup.

Cisse has been away with Senegal, coincidentally with Newcastle's Demba Ba.

Cisse is now flying into Tyneside on Tuesday to undergo a medical and finalise the deal, before flying back out to Africa.

The deal which will be around £10million is sure to shock many, as it was thought Newcastle's only target this month would be a new central defender.

He's got 17 goals in 9 games for Freiburg which is a goal every two games. Would be an excellent signing.

A front two of Ba and Cisse would be mouth watering.

That_Guy wrote: »
    He's got 17 goals in 9 games for Freiburg which is a goal every two games. Would be an excellent signing.

A front two of Ba and Cisse would be mouth watering.

He's been prolific for Freiburg and seems a bargain at 10 mill IMO.

The Carroll money is starting to be invested again.

amiable wrote: »
    He's been prolific for Freiburg and seems a bargain at 10 mill IMO.

The Carroll money is starting to be invested again.

It's being invested shrewdly. As much as I don't like the man, you have to give credit for Ashley's transfer policy.

Apparently Cisse is on 10K a week with Freiburg. I'd imagine we'll pay him a bit more but it fits in well with our wage budget.

Don't want to get too excited about it though until the deal is done.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's being invested shrewdly. As much as I don't like the man, you have to give credit for Ashley's transfer policy.

Apparently Cisse is on 10K a week with Freiburg. I'd imagine we'll pay him a bit more but it fits in well with our wage budget.

Don't want to get too excited about it though until the deal is done.

I'd say Newcastle were determined to keep it quiet too and keep other clubs off the scent.

Clubs like Liverpool and Spurs could do a lot worse than shell out 10 mill for him IMO.

amiable wrote: »
    I'd say Newcastle were determined to keep it quiet too and keep other clubs off the scent.

Clubs like Liverpool and Spurs could do a lot worse than shell out 10 mill for him IMO.

Mark Douglas a journalist for the Journal in Newcastle said he broke the news to Danny Simpson and he said that's the first time he heard about it.

Potential new look starting XI
    Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Williamson --- Santon

Ben Arfa --- Tiote --- Cabaye --- Jonas

Ba --- Cisse

Doesn't look half bad but we're still very light at the back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement