Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He'll be doing his best to buy a Centre Back this window but I can't see him buying just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fee agreed say SSN.

OptaFranz OptaFranz
    45 - Papiss Demba Cisse has been caught offside 45 times in the BL this season - no-one else has been more than 28 times. Early

Sky Sports News were just saying the fee agreed is 7.5 million

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
    Newcastle have a signed Papiss Demba Cisse #nufc

£7.5 million is the fee being mentioned now. Come on lads, which one of you has been shagging Ashley to open up his purse strings? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Got it hand it to Newcastle scouts ... been really impressed recently .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Amazed:)

• Advertisement

Yohan Benalouane of Cesena reportedly next to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

That_Guy wrote: »
    He's got 17 goals in 9 games for Freiburg which is a goal every two games. Would be an excellent signing.

A front two of Ba and Cisse would be mouth watering.

Hold on that can't be right, surely its 9 goals in 17 games!!

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/torjaeger/

It's still good business tho, bagged 24 in 34 games last season! Cover for the backline needed now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Delighted with Cisse, at £7.5m that wasn't bad business and I'm sure he'll settle in well with Ba at his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

newcastle could become like what sevilla or villarreal were in la liga a few years back, the first 11 especially the keeper, and midfield up is quaaaaality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I like Newcastle alot and hope they do very well, imo yous have the best fans in the Premier League, Pardew is doing a terrific job there I reckon if these signings work out you will be a big threat next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Say hello to our new striker:

Freiburg-v-Mainz-Papiss-Demba-Cisse_2523911.jpg

Absolutely delighted with this signing; a coup of some sorts.

Ba and himself will be exciting - great work from the backroom team here.
    In Carr we believe.

• Advertisement

Of course if he does complete the move.
    Nothing 100% yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Done and dusted, official!

Well done to our recruitment team!*

He will wear number 9

*provided he is an addition and not a replacement of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fantastic signing for you's lads. I have no idea why Liverpool weren't in for him seeing as we need a goalscorer so badly. Your scouting network really are doing the business.

He's looked quality whenever i've seen him in the Bundesliga with a really good goalscoring record. I reckon you's be trebling your money in a few years should you wish to sell!

0,,10278~10395357,00.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I am speechless, wasnt looking at news all day and only saw this now. That is a fantastic signing and you cannot argue with that goal to game ratio.
    Its gonna be brilliant having 2 Demba's up front. I am definitely gonna be checking out Senegal in the AFCON to see what they are like together.

I think this was done for one of two reasons, either we are selling Demba Ba to somebody or Ashley brought this fella in to settle Ba down and make him want to think twice about leaving and deter the potential suitors for him. I hope its the latter but either way its a great bit of business.

Years|Team|Apps|Goals
    2003–2004| Douanes Dakar | 26 | (23)
    2004–2009 |Metz |95 |(35)
    2005–2006 |→ Cherbourg (Loan) |26 |(11)
    2008 |→ Châteauroux (Loan)| 15 |(4)
    2009–2012 |SC Freiburg | 65 | (37)
    || 227 |110

I reckon Chris Samba should be next, probably too old though, 28 in a couple of months and doesn't fit the ashley plan.

• Advertisement

from .co.uk
    "It is an honour to play for such a big club and I am looking forward to it," said the front man.
    "First of all, I would like to give good value for money for the people who brought me here.
    "I want to pay back the confidence the Club have shown in me, and give the supporters something to be proud of.
    "I am a goalscorer, and that is the thing which gives me the most pleasure. But it is also important that I help my teammates and bring something to the team.
    "Primarily though, my major strength is my goalscoring.
    "I am aware of the importance of the number nine shirt, and when I spoke with the manager he made it very clear how important this shirt is.
    "I will treat it with the respect and I hope to do my very best in this shirt."
    Despite being on international duty ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations, Cissé jetted in to Newcastle on Tuesday to complete the deal, and revealed he is relishing linking up with his national strike partner at club level.
    "I spoke with the coach of Senegal and was pleased that he allowed me to come here and join the Club," Cissé told nufcTV.
    "Obviously it is great for me that I will be with my colleague Demba, who plays with me for Senegal, so I am hopeful that we can form a great partnership."

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Pardew says a few days ago,a new striker is a no go and now he pulls this fella out of the hat.If reverse pyschology is the new to go then I'm all for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Great signing! Hope this doesnt spell the end of the road for ba though! Would be a great time to offer him a new deal!! Get it Done ashley!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How come he got number 9?

Does that mean Ba is gone ?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How come he got number 9?

Does that mean Ba is gone ?

Demba Ba wears #19 - had no interest in #9.

I can see why people are thinking that Ba could be leaving now, or something has to give way but I'm actually confident for a change that Cisse has been recruited to partner Syrupman up front.

Saying that, can't imagine Leon Best will be too encouraged by the latest events!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Cisse should be a great signing.

I have a feeling though, that he is being signed more as a replacement for Ba rather than a strike partner. Especially if the rumours about the release clause in Ba's contract are true.

Fúcking hell lads. The negativity is a load of bollocks.

Instead of thinking that he's a replacement for Ba, why not relish the fact that we could have two potent strikers leading the line for us?

EDIT: A front three of Ben Arfa in behind Cisse and Ba could be absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

The negativity is an inbuilt self defence mechanism which is vital for a toon fan in the Ashley era! Can't wait for this window to slam shut! Will be a nice partnership if it lasts. Thats assuming cisse can get a game ahead of lovenkrands and Leon of course

Salmon wrote: »
    The negativity is an inbuilt self defence mechanism which is vital for a toon fan in the Ashley era! Can't wait for this window to slam shut! Will be a nice partnership if it lasts. Thats assuming cisse can get a game ahead of lovenkrands and Leon of course

Everyone's getting a look in ahead of Lovenkrands. ;)

Given that it's Pardew's supposed first choice, he'll definitely be getting a start regularly alongside Ba.

Could mean the end for Best. He's waited long enough for a chance, got it and is going to be pushed back a bit. Not sure if he'll like the thoughts of waiting in the wings once again. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave which is a shame because I like what he brings to the team. For a tall and pretty built guy, he's very agile.

Instead of thinking that he's a replacement for Ba, why not relish the fact that we could have two potent strikers leading the line for us?

EDIT: A front three of Ben Arfa in behind Cisse and Ba could be absolutely amazing.

Would be a good line up alright, pretty much the way we played 2nd half at QPR, only seen extended highlights tonight and bits of it on Sunday but seemed to be Jonas-Raylor-Guthrie who worked really well as a midfield 3 after the injury with Best and Ben Arfa helping out. Good to have diff options and formations. This new guy looks like he knows how to find the net, still need cover at the back tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

djPSB wrote: »
    Cisse should be a great signing.

I have a feeling though, that he is being signed more as a replacement for Ba rather than a strike partner. Especially if the rumours about the release clause in Ba's contract are true.

No offense, but so what if he is?? I reckon he's better!! Newcastle are grand!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've watched him quite a bit lads, he'll be a terrific signing for you lot. Kudos on the transfer front, very very impressive.. and admittedly very envious :D

On another forum I post on here's what one of the best posters, a Bundesliga follower had to say -
    As far as Bundesliga performances are concerned, Cisse is twice the player Demba Ba is... Cisse managed the same amount of goals as Ba did in 32 fewer games playing for FREIBURG, a team that does not score a lot of goals against anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Demba.jpg

:pac:

I'd love to start with a team like this eventually
    Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Saylor --- Santon

Tiote

Cabaye ---Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse --- Ba

Very attacking line up on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

In fairness, I dont think you can blame people for being negative. I'm hoping that this is more of a signal of Newcastle intent on pushing for Europe, now that our Premiership status is all but assured.

But considering the interest in Ba and the fact Ashley tends to sell when interest is at its highest along with squeezing out the highest transfer fee he can get, I can understand peoples fear that Demba will soon be gone.

Also if the release clause is in his contract, then there is noting anyone can do to stop him going.

Ba's release clause comes into effect in the summer. I assume an improved contract minus the release clause is immanent

I'd love to start with a team like this eventually
    Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Saylor --- Santon

Tiote

Cabaye ---Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse --- Ba

Very attacking line up on paper.

Looks great on paper but I don't think Danny or Davide are that good defensively with no cover in front of them. I really think we need a bit of width which that team even reshuffled will not bring. I think Ben Arfa is gonna lose out with the signing of Cisse unless we can make a right winger of him and he has the pace and trickery to do it but not the tracking back quality in his game yet.

Looks like Cabaye is a doubt, Team for Fulham i'd like to see would be..
    Krul
    Simpson -- Colo -- Williamson -- Santon
    Guthrie
    Ben Arfa -- Jonas -- Raylor -- Obertan
    Best
    More than likely see Gosling or Vucknic come in as a direct replacement which could be a bit of a disaster..

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Raylor --- Guthrie --- Abeid --- Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best

This is what I'd like to see myself.

Shola had a really piss poor game last week against QPR. Pardew has been harping on about Ben Arfa not working hard enough and not working hard enough for the team. Was at both the Blackburn game and the QPR game last week and he worked his socks off. Definitely warrants a start in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Krul

Raylor --- Guthrie --- Abeid --- Jonas
    Ben Arfa
    Best

Abeid, from what i have read, has shown promise but if Pardew didnt want to take him off the bench against QPR when a player in his position got injured, i dont see him being used for a while, hopefully i'm proven wrong!

Twitter says Cabaye's leg still in a cast and using crutches..

gav86 wrote: »
    Abeid, from what i have read, has shown promise but if Pardew didnt want to take him off the bench against QPR when a player in his position got injured, i dont see him being used for a while, hopefully i'm proven wrong!

Twitter says Cabaye's leg still in a cast and using crutches..

He had a decent game V Blackburn. Didn't put a foot wrong. I'd imagine Gosling would get a look in ahead of him though. Could even recall Smith back into the squad. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Regarding Cabaye, VUCKIC did well against West Brom(?) when he played in place of him.

Cabaye's foot isn't in a cast, in fact he trained lightly today.

As for starting Vuckic - dunno if Fulham away would be suitable.
    Would much rather have:

Krul

Raylor --- Guthrie --- Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ameobi
    Best

Unlikely though.

BTW, it's a bit weird not having Paully_D's daily post on this forum!

This will be a tough game tomorrow lads,fulham are very decent at home so i'd happily take a point. I've a feeling cabaye won't play,it's a game where we really need him and guthrie to be at their best,but with tiote away and guthrie's recent injury problems he mightn't and probably shouldn't be risked. If Cabaye doesn't play,Ben Arfa needs to start,giving us that of creativity needed when we aren't playing well.If we remain tight at the back and take a chance when it comes,I can see us getting a solid point here,anything more is a bonus.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    This will be a tough game tomorrow lads,fulham are very decent at home so i'd happily take a point. I've a feeling cabaye won't play,it's a game where we really need him and guthrie to be at their best,but with tiote away and guthrie's recent injury problems he mightn't and probably shouldn't be risked. If Cabaye doesn't play,Ben Arfa needs to start,giving us that of creativity needed when we aren't playing well.If we remain tight at the back and take a chance when it comes,I can see us getting a solid point here,anything more is a bonus.

Definitely a tough game today. I always worry when we go to Fulham as we never really play well there. Duffer is back too so you can be sure he will have an eye for goal. I really don't think this will be the game for HBA especially away from home, I think it will be another bench role for him. Fulham will control most of the play so our best chances will be the counter attack which is why I think Obertan and Jonas will start on the wings. Cabaye will surely be out so it will more than likely be Raylor and Guthrie in the center. A point at the most from this one today, possibly a goalless draw too.

Krul
    Simps----Colo
    Willo----Sants-
    --Obs
    Guth----Rayl
    Jonas-
    Shola
    Best

• Advertisement

bazual wrote: »
    Definitely a tough game today. I always worry when we go to Fulham as we never really play well there. Duffer is back too so you can be sure he will have an eye for goal. I really don't think this will be the game for HBA especially away from home, I think it will be another bench role for him. Fulham will control most of the play so our best chances will be the counter attack which is why I think Obertan and Jonas will start on the wings. Cabaye will surely be out so it will more than likely be Raylor and Guthrie in the center. A point at the most from this one today, possibly a goalless draw too.

Krul
    Simps----Colo
    Willo----Sants-
    --Obs
    Guth----Rayl
    Jonas-
    Shola
    Best
    Good news about Ben arfa and cabaye both starting,it'll give us that bit of extra quality.Simpson will need to be protected with Riise's runs with Ryan not playing.

very positive lineup

Anyone have a decent link for the game?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement