Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

bazual wrote: »
    Definitely a tough game today. I always worry when we go to Fulham as we never really play well there. Duffer is back too so you can be sure he will have an eye for goal. I really don't think this will be the game for HBA especially away from home, I think it will be another bench role for him. Fulham will control most of the play so our best chances will be the counter attack which is why I think Obertan and Jonas will start on the wings. Cabaye will surely be out so it will more than likely be Raylor and Guthrie in the center. A point at the most from this one today, possibly a goalless draw too.

Krul
    Simps----Colo
    Willo----Sants-
    --Obs
    Guth----Rayl
    Jonas-
    Shola
    Best

And thats why I am not a manager :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Doing well in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Ben arfa looking very sharp,ameobi has been as frustrating as f""" though

Great strike with his bad foot!

Fully in control here

Santon lucky to be on the pitch, very lucky, silly foul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Should have been a red, no doubt our brilliant performance in the first half will be overshadowed by that.

Hopefully we can kick on in the second half with the same attitude and put this game to bed.

Yeah prob should've been red. In control here though and a very good goal by Guthrie. No excuse not to get something from this game now.

He wasn't the last man, that was his only saving grace, other than that it would have been red. Surprised how well we are playing so far.

BTW, Eurosport UK showing the Senegal match tonight @9pm, we will get 2 see our two Demba's playing together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

bazual wrote: »
    He wasn't the last man, that was his only saving grace, other than that it would have been red. Surprised how well we are playing so far.

BTW, Eurosport UK showing the Senegal match tonight @9pm, we will get 2 see our two Demba's playing together.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.

• Advertisement

Stupid by the ref, stupid by Santon

load of bo11ox

Fcuk it

Wasn't a penalty and completely undeserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

fcuk it, I thought Dempsey is on pens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Wasn't a penalty and completely undeserved

MartinLipton Martin Lipton
    Murphy converts from spot after blatant Santon push on goal-bound Duff. Should be red card. 2nd yellow at least. Yet, nothing

amiable wrote: »
    MartinLipton Martin Lipton
    Murphy converts from spot after blatant Santon push on goal-bound Duff. Should be red card. 2nd yellow at least. Yet, nothing
    Foul was outside the box though and fulham have been piss poor all game.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Foul was outside the box though and fulham have been piss poor all game.

I've not seen it buddy so I don't know. Should it have been red?

Ah fcuk off fcuk off

amiable wrote: »
    I've not seen it buddy so I don't know. Should it have been red?
    Foul was definitely outside box,prob should have been,santon was lucky not to get a straight red earlier on anyway!

• Advertisement

pi$$ poor

Everything going against us here, zamora has his shot saved and the ball hits dempsey and goes in. Completely undeserved.

Fcuk it 3

How the fcuk did we just fall apart like this?

and a fluffed pass turns into a great through ball

F@#k off

This is just pure 5hite, and nothing on the bench to bring on to change the game. fcuk it anyway, I really hate Fulham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

:eek:

What's going on!?

Unbelievable Jeff

if Fulham dominated this for the next 20 they wouldnt deserve this, this is criminal stuff. Memories of a fulham game about 10 years ago

Disgusted, this is a massacre

Jasus, even Fulham mistakes are turning to gold

• Advertisement

Go Pardew, bring on Perch to win the fcuking game for us

Fcuk off ref!

Cabaye looking wrecked now, not match fit at all.

I would say shellshocked. I cant believe we are loosing never mind 4 f'ing 1

Well done HBA, only fella that looks like creating anything

We could do another Arsenal, this Fulham team are no great shakes and have been very fuppin lucky today.

For fcuk sake, that was just shocking.

haway man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What...the.....fúck....

What an absolute sickening result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Doocey wrote: »
    Cabaye's foot isn't in a cast, in fact he trained lightly today.

As for starting Vuckic - dunno if Fulham away would be suitable.
    Would much rather have:

Krul
    Simpson --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Raylor --- Guthrie --- Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ameobi
    Best

Unlikely though.

The only good news is that Pardew with the attacking line up I'd hoped for, with Cabaye instead of Raylor.

Great first half, non-existent 2nd half.

A game just need to move on from and refresh in Tenerife.
    We'll be back :)

Best of luck to the Demba's tonight as well! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bolton sparing our blushes a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

M5 wrote: »
    if Fulham dominated this for the next 20 they wouldnt deserve this, this is criminal stuff. Memories of a fulham game about 10 years ago

I had the misfortune to be at that game! Newcastle completely dominated the game but the Fulham 3rd choice keeper (Crossley) stopped everything including one with his face!! But worse than that Fulham had 4 attempts on goal in 90 mins and scored them all.
    I had almost blanked that from my memory. Cheers:(

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/Match-Report-Newcastle-1-Fulham-4.aspx

Ba started last night for Senegal and bar one or two close shots he didn't do a whole lot. I was a bit worried at one stage that he'd get lumps kicked out of him. Tackling from both sets of players was piss poor throughout.

Cisse came on with about 15 mins to go and his first involvement was a header that crashed against the bar. If we can get a good cross to him, I reckon we'll have a lot of joy. His positioning sense is great. Apart from that, he didn't really make an impact.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ba started last night for Senegal and bar one or two close shots he didn't do a whole lot. I was a bit worried at one stage that he'd get lumps kicked out of him. Tackling from both sets of players was piss poor throughout.

Cisse came on with about 15 mins to go and his first involvement was a header that crashed against the bar. If we can get a good cross to him, I reckon we'll have a lot of joy. His positioning sense is great. Apart from that, he didn't really make an impact.

Might sound silly but I was kind of glad to see them beaten last night, the sooner Senegal get knocked out the sooner we'll get them back. Less games for them also means less chance of picking up injuries etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

I was sleepy last night so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was Cisse that got the ball and crossed it and Ba headed it off the bar.

And I agree with you Cake man!

EDIT: I had to check...
    Traore brought on Newcastle new-boy Papiss Demba Cisse, who also made an immediate impact, sending in a brilliant cross for his new club-mate Demba Ba, who slammed his header against the woodwork, when it should have hit the net.

Yeah watched the Senegal game last night and they were pretty woeful considering some people consider them favourites to win it.
    Ba was pretty quiet apart from the header against the bar. At times it looked like schoolboy stuff the way Senegal were playing with their high line and just unwillingness to move and get into positions.
    When Cisse came on he looked ok, played a lovely though ball at one stage to the left winger who looked pretty decent all night and I think he was the one who scored for them as well.
    Along with Cake Man I was delighted to see them lose and even if they do manage to qualify now it may be in second spot which would mean they would face Ivory Cost if they win their group. Hopefully our boys will be back sooner than that though.

Derby game announced for the Sunday 4th March.

Booked flights for a mate and myself just there. Saturday evening to Monday night is €45 inc admin fee.

Game against Liverpool also rescheduled to April 1st with a 1.30pm kickoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Derby game announced for the Sunday 4th March.

Booked flights for a mate and myself just there. Saturday evening to Monday night is €45 inc admin fee.

Booking flight now today, cannot wait. Glad they got the coverage sorted nice and early. Start saving for a session to end all sessions...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement