Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

chimpo85 wrote: »
    Booking flight now today, cannot wait. Glad they got the coverage sorted nice and early. Start saving for a session to end all sessions...

It'll be the last game I get to this season as I've to save for college but I'm planning to go on the ultimate binge session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

€32 beans quality price for return flight.

Chance of tickets for it though?

Doocey wrote: »
    €32 beans quality price for return flight.

Chance of tickets for it though?

€32 + €12 admin fee Doocey pal unless you've a prepaid Mastercard. You don't get stung with the €12 admin fee with one of those bad boys.

Tickets will be hard to come by I'd imagine. I joined the membership scheme this season so tickets go on sale first to members and season ticket holders.

It then goes to online general sale about a week and a half after the initial priority sale. Membership is £25 but unless you're gonna make a few trips, it's probably not worth paying an extra £25 on top of the price of a match ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

That_Guy wrote: »
    It'll be the last game I get to this season as I've to save for college but I'm planning to go on the ultimate binge session.

Ah stop, going to be a serious session. We should have a wee meet up if a few people off this are going.
    €32 + €12 admin fee Doocey pal unless you've a prepaid Mastercard. You don't get stung with the €12 admin fee with one of those bad boys.

Tickets will be hard to come by I'd imagine. I joined the membership scheme this season so tickets go on sale first to members and season ticket holders.

It then goes to online general sale about a week and a half after the initial priority sale. Membership is £25 but unless you're gonna make a few trips, it's probably not worth paying an extra £25 on top of the price of a match ticket.

The game wont go to membership but i can try and get extra tickets. Always get one myself and can sometimes get a 2nd...

Just realised its at home in SJP! Tickets will be p*ss easy to get so! Oh yes!

• Advertisement

Really?! How many beans we talking for the tickets ya reckon?

Very very tempted to get to this match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Really?! How many beans we talking for the tickets ya reckon?

Very very tempted to get to this match!

Now you have got me tempted. Do ya reckon there will be tickets available to get for members on the site, or will they be gone?

bazual wrote: »
    Now you have got me tempted. Do ya reckon there will be tickets available to get for members on the site, or will they be gone?

Ah yeah, anytime me mate used to come ove I'd just pop down to the box office as soon as they went on public sale... If you're a member then your sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Myself and the buddy are heading over as well, flying Cork to Newcastle on Friday and back Sunday at 5pm. Problem with that is it's a bit tight unless kick off is definitely 12pm. Also the flights from Cork are €170 return which ain't cheap. Tempted to drive to Dublin for cheap flights and stay till Monday.

Dave147 wrote: »
    Myself and the buddy are heading over as well, flying Cork to Newcastle on Friday and back Sunday at 5pm. Problem with that is it's a bit tight unless kick off is definitely 12pm. Also the flights from Cork are €170 return which ain't cheap. Tempted to drive to Dublin for cheap flights and stay till Monday.

€170??? Bloody hell lad. Don't pay that. Book Ryanair flights from Dublin on the Saturday night to the Monday evening if you can. Currently less than €30 (not including €12 admin fee) to fly on the Saturday evening to the Monday night.
    To fly out on the Monday morning at 11 is €42 (not including €12 admin fee) which is still significantly cheaper than flying out from Cork.

It's the more sensible option mate.

• Advertisement

And now for something completely different:

Aj60dpICIAAtLM5.jpg

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLA!!!

€170??? Bloody hell lad. Don't pay that. Book Ryanair flights from Dublin on the Saturday night to the Monday evening if you can. Currently less than €30 (not including €12 admin fee) to fly on the Saturday evening to the Monday night.
    To fly out on the Monday morning at 11 is €42 (not including €12 admin fee) which is still significantly cheaper than flying out from Cork.

It's the more sensible option mate.

Definitely go with the dublin option... Even with an overly expensive Irish train it will work out way cheaper. Im going over on the 2nd from Dublin then heading to the Gooners away game and flying back from london, comes to just under €100 for two separate flights

12th man membership/Season Ticket holders can buy tickets from tomorrow.

General online sale starts on the 6th of February.

No idea what the price of tickets are yet.

12th man membership/Season Ticket holders can buy tickets from tomorrow.

General online sale starts on the 6th of February.

No idea what the price of tickets are yet.

What area of the ground do ye normally frequent, I do like the Bar 1892 and the platinum club but they are a bit pricey and very little atmosphere.

Next years shirts revealed????

Taken before the logo change???

newcastle-united-shirts-2012-13.jpg

Just pre-ordered this

51bBvBrP2bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Just pre-ordered this

51bBvBrP2bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Good choice,I've this game recorded,any time I'm having a bad day,I just throw this on and feel as right as rain after it!

What area of the ground do ye normally frequent, I do like the Bar 1892 and the platinum club but they are a bit pricey and very little atmosphere.

Aye theyre the posh seats, comfy but no craic. I had my ST for the last few years up in the Leazes and Leazes Corner... All the lads have moved down to the Strawberry Corner now so if your looking for atmosphere, which is a must on Derby Day (lost my voice for 6days after the 5-1), go to the Strawberry Corner

Online server is taking a battering. Been in a queue for bloody ages now trying to buy tickets.

Bringing a mate over for his first visit and he wants the best seats going so we're going for the Milburn but at this stage I'll take anywhere.

Ringing the box office is the best way to get tickets. Managed to get through by selecting the "away tickets" option.

• Advertisement

Online server is taking a battering. Been in a queue for bloody ages now trying to buy tickets.

Bringing a mate over for his first visit and he wants the best seats going so we're going for the Milburn but at this stage I'll take anywhere.

Ah they'll never sell out straight away... Best seats are in the corner man. I always make my mates go for atmosphere instead of view and they much prefer it to any other games theyve been! dont give him a choice!

Not much left now, of the blocks in the back in the Gallowgate end which ones do you reccomend, R,S,U,V??

Cheers

Not much left now, of the blocks in the back in the Gallowgate end which ones do you reccomend, R,S,U,V??

Cheers

R, if memory serves me correct, that should be near the strawberry corner. Get it as low down as you can, wander over to the strawberry corner and stand in the stairwell up the back...belting craic!

Cheers

Im gonna get my ticket when i get over but it should be up there too... Upper R, t 25

Looks like our double Dembas will be coming home early. Senegal are losing 1-0 with 15 mins to go in 2nd game of group so it would leave table like this

team|points
    Eq Guinea|6
    Zambia|4
    Libya|1
    Senegal|0

The last game is 29th Jan, so could be back for Villa on the 5th.

Looks like our double Dembas will be coming home early. Senegal are losing 1-0 with 15 mins to go in 2nd game of group so it would leave table like this

team|points
    Eq Guinea|6
    Zambia|4
    Libya|1
    Senegal|0

The last game is 29th Jan, so could be back for Villa on the 5th.

Scratch that Senegal just scored with a minute to go so now its

team|points
    Zambia|4
    Eq Guinea|4
    Senegal|1
    Libya|1

Scratch that Senegal just scored with a minute to go so now its

team|points
    Zambia|4
    Eq Guinea|4
    Senegal|1
    Libya|1

Guinea just scored a f3ckin cracker, Senegal are going home, less than a minute in injury time.

team|points
    Eq Guinea|6
    Zambia|4
    Libya|1
    Senegal|0

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Looks like our double Dembas will be coming home early. The last game is 29th Jan, so could be back for Villa on the 5th.

Could even make an appearance on the bench for Blackburn away (Wednesday the 1st), potential banana skin!

Lee Ryder from the Chronicle says they're due to fly home on Monday. :D

• Advertisement

Lee Ryder from the Chronicle says they're due to fly home on Monday. :D

They'd hardly fly home the day after the last game...would they!? I dont want them to be rushed back anyways. They havent done much when out there but Villa on the 5th at the very earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That's bloody great news...now to slag one of the girls at work who's Senegalese...she was going nuts the other day when I mentioned that I wanted them to crash out early.:D

Manchester United V Newcastle United Reserves live here if anyone interested

And we just conceeded after 32 mins, one nil to manc

Cheers. 4-0 now...ouch. Off to play 5 a side soon, might video it and send it to Pards...I mean, if James Perch can make it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Finished 6-0 to United

Cheers. 4-0 now...ouch. Off to play 5 a side soon, might video it and send it to Pards...I mean, if James Perch can make it....

To be fair, Perch is turning out to be decent player.

Can pass the ball quite well - just don't think he's a centre back.

• Advertisement

To be fair, Perch is turning out to be decent player.

Can pass the ball quite well - just don't think he's a centre back.

Im still not sold...i rank him amongst Paul McShane and the likes.

Im still not sold...i rank him amongst Paul McShane and the likes.

Ah he's not that bad!

I think he has a future at NUFC - Pardew showing a lot of faith in him of late with substitute appearances when under the cosh.

Looks like a midfielder to me, deep lying one.

Alan Smith gone to MK Dons as well...

Ah he's not that bad!

I think he has a future at NUFC - Pardew showing a lot of faith in him of late with substitute appearances when under the cosh.

Looks like a midfielder to me, deep lying one.

Alan Smith gone to MK Dons as well...

Really? Ah man, i cant stand him. 2 players I really dislike at the Toon are Perch and Simpson. Simpson is doing very well at the moment but I think that has alot to do with the team as a whole... When we were having some lower times over the last year or two, Simpson was diabolical.

Really!? They're going to pay his outrageous wages!? Good riddance!

Really? Ah man, i cant stand him. 2 players I really dislike at the Toon are Perch and Simpson. Simpson is doing very well at the moment but I think that has alot to do with the team as a whole... When we were having some lower times over the last year or two, Simpson was diabolical.

Really!? They're going to pay his outrageous wages!? Good riddance!

Can't disagree with that.

On loan unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Well we should get a good judgement of Perch today as he's starting in place of Colo.

I personally don't like him...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

So THERE's Kadar!

perch had a solid game tonight.

An own-goal, blatant penalty disallowed saw us lose a game we controlled.
    However, we just never looked like scoring tonight in all fairness.

Out of the cup we go, back to league business!

perch had a solid game tonight.

An own-goal, blatant penalty disallowed saw us lose a game we controlled.
    However, we just never looked like scoring tonight in all fairness.

Out of the cup we go, back to league business!

You think? I thought him and Simpson were as useless as ever. Williamson had to pull across to cover Perch and then ended up deflecting into the net. Rightly p*ssed off tonight.
    Yep. we didnt take anything in final 3rd seriously. Poor performance. But on the plus side, top 10 concentration from here on out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Poyet robs us AGAIN!!!!! the last time, he was helped by Denis Wise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/football/fa_cup/707388.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What an absolute pile of sh*te that was.

Pardew has gotten it wrong big time in the last few games. The 4-3-3 formation isn't working. Why change a 4-4-2 with Best and Shola up front? Why the bizarre substitutions at the end of the game?

Half the players didn't seem bothered. Weren't up for the battle at all. The fact that Perch looked our best player says it all.

Cabaye can't handle a physical game. This isn't the first time he's done something like that. Sure, he should have gotten a foul, but there was a definate retaliation IMO. He should have been sent off against Sunderland and Liverpool also. He needs to adapt to the physical side of play that comes up against him or else his time here will be seen as a failure. He has been a tad overrated IMO.

Simpson is an idiot. Should have been hauled off straight after he got a stupid yellow. The goal was purely his fault. Didn't have the balls to follow through with a challenge. He was way too far up the pitch anyway. England call up?? LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Alan Smith joins MK Dons on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They are contributing £2,500 a week to his £60k. What's the point?

Quote Alan Smith - "I'm not happy just to stay and pick up my wages, it's not what I'm about."

What a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

NufcNavan wrote: »
    They are contributing £2,500 a week to his £60k. What's the point?

Quote Alan Smith - "I'm not happy just to stay and pick up my wages, it's not what I'm about."

What a prick.
    Would you leave your job to take up a job else where for less money? He's right to look after himself clubs do it all the time

Soups123 wrote: »
    Would you leave your job to take up a job else where for less money? He's right to look after himself clubs do it all the time

Many many players have done this across all sorts of sports as they just love playing their chosen game. They just want time on the field... Dont let the door hit you on the way out Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Soups123 wrote: »

Many many players have done this across all sorts of sports as they just love playing their chosen game. They just want time on the field... Dont let the door hit you on the way out Smith
    That maybe so but he shouldn't be criticized for collecting his wage he committed to the club and them to him, he is honoring his part I'm sure he would love to stay and play.

Wud you leave your job 4 have the money? Why should he be expected to?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement