Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

M5 wrote: »
    Maybe i missed something but i thought he started studs up and then withdrew and the contact was shin to shin

Need another replay to be sure

Yeah, you are prob right, I just saw the studs in the air and it brought back some bad injuries I have had over the years lol. If it was me I would have done what Cisse did yesterday lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Poor tracking back from our midfield again. Performance is worrying

Better.....

Good news on the raylor injury, it looks like bruising rather than break.

F3ck it anyway. probably deserved though.

• Advertisement

Balls, wheres the marking??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Balls, wheres the marking??????

Apparently somone in crowd blew whistle 3 imes like ref would and the players began to walk off.

We have been proor today, as i have said, our midfield is unbalanced and bar Guthrie all over the place. Villa the better side

bazual, looks like you were right about the tackle, the angle i saw looked different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

G.K. wrote: »
    Apparently somone in crowd blew whistle 3 imes like ref would and the players began to walk off.

Happens all the time at home games. Shouldn't be the case.... I hope.

Some of Cisse's touches have been excellent. His positioning to get on the end of crosses is superb.

Raylors leg is not believed to be broken

• Advertisement

Raylors leg is not believed to be broken

Bruising. Good sign. Hope the lad is ok.

According to Fox sports the Man U Chelsea Man U game is "the biggest live game in US history"

WTF? I thought SSN was bad for exaggerating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How did someone not put that in the net?!

Villa fortunate there

Corners have been really poor from us so far.

bazual wrote: »
    Corners have been really poor from us so far.

Have we cleared the first man yet?

Not a corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I made a match thread.

Cisse needs to learn the offside rule there, completely offside during the whole move. Obs had no choice but to shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

crackin goal!!!!

• Advertisement

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Excellent result today and up to fifth.

Krul was probably the difference between the sides with some outstanding saves. I still would give the motm to Guthrie though who was outstanding today.

As for the new boy, still think it will take a few games for him to get used to the league but if he does that in his first game, imagine what he will be like when he gets used to the league and his teammates. His first touch is class. Great Signing Carr.
    He was offside a good few times but at least he is playing on the shoulder of the defenders where as Ba likes to mix it up a bit and come from deep. I think it will be a great partnership.

Hopefully Raylor and Besty will be alright. Cabaye, Tiote, Best, Raylor likely out for the Spurs game so I expect the lineup to be the same as when Raylor went off.

Howay the lads...........

Highlights here

Pardew reveals R. Taylor's injury isn't a break, just swelling.

bazual wrote: »
    Pardew reveals R. Taylor's injury isn't a break, just swelling.

Besty medial ligaments, wait and see

Demba Demba

510823969.jpg?Expires=1328460146&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=eu7tU9EJqwu1j61HPbi6Ys0c-tE9UoM~3u61JLJS5DYiMLQ3fAr1WAVS7bT4qFQcev~uwbribItJ3qOFgOmRiejHBPREspszfRrlx7SqPp1Oqccx6K-~SvU7kFw73O7jt50zpou51yPGeoaPDPHYhP3yIBau-bhkBM6~Xq3gVBA_

Sitting Pretty

191548.bmp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Best expected to be out for up to six weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

BELIEVE!

Still buzzing over Cisse. I can't wait for him and Ba to really click together. Our attacking options are really mouth watering at the moment.

Still got Cabaye and Tiote to come back into the side but to be honest, they're going to have to really work hard because Guthrie and even Perchinio are really impressing me of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Very tough match for us next week. Hopefully Chelsea slip up away to Everton who are a bit of a bogey team for them in recent years. Arsenal have some tough matches coming up and Liverpool have a blank gameweek too so it would be nice to open a gap between us and them. Chelsea have some very winnable fixtures coming up, I fully expect them to open a gap over the next month or so.

We really need to be winning our home games as we've a few tough trips to London where I don't expect us to get any points.

DID8d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

28.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Big test tomorrow - should be a good game.

Krul
    Simmo
    Colo
    Willo
    Santo
    Percho
    Obertan
    Guthrie
    Jonas
    Ba
    Cissé

^ That's the line-up I'd expect tomorrow - only change might be Guthrie on the right, and Obertan dropped for Hatem Ben Arfa who'll play off the two front lads.

There's goals in it for us but I'd take a draw - excited to see both fully fit Cissé & Ba link up together.

HTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Doocey wrote: »
    Big test tomorrow - should be a good game.

Krul
    Simmo
    Colo
    Willo
    Santo
    Percho
    Obertan
    Guthrie
    Jonas
    Ba
    Cissé

^ That's the line-up I'd expect tomorrow - only change might be Guthrie on the right, and Obertan dropped for Hatem Ben Arfa who'll play off the two front lads.

HTL.

Yeah I'd expect that very line up,we defintely have goals tomorrow in Ba and Cisse,I'm a bit worried though about our midfield,considering we'll be coming up against in my opinion the best midfield in the league. Not sure on Obertan,he didnt impress me against villa and Ben Arfa will face a huge test against parker if he was to play.Big game required from danny simpson tomorrow up against Bale.

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd expect that very line up,we defintely have goals tomorrow in Ba and Cisse,I'm a bit worried though about our midfield,considering we'll be coming up against in my opinion the best midfield in the league. Not sure on Obertan,he didnt impress me against villa and Ben Arfa will face a huge test against parker if he was to play.Big game required from danny simpson tomorrow up against Bale.

Spot on lad.

Midfield is the worry - could get overturned or put a good shift in; no in between I reckon tomorrow - will be either or.

Wouldn't want Obertan starting myself, but definitely to appear at some stage.

Simmo certainly in for a tough time, will require helping out which again throws the RM spot up for grabs.

A win tomorrow would be unbelievable - I'd take a point though.

Then again, I'll be optimistic: look how well it's turned out this season when I've remained the optimist :pac:

HTL.

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Spot on lad.

Midfield is the worry - could get overturned or put a good shift in; no in between I reckon tomorrow - will be either or.

Wouldn't want Obertan starting myself, but definitely to appear at some stage.

Simmo certainly in for a tough time, will require helping out which again throws the RM spot up for grabs.

A win tomorrow would be unbelievable - I'd take a point though.

Then again, I'll be optimistic: look how well it's turned out this season when I've remained the optimist :pac:

HTL.
    A few people building up the game as a crucial game in determing the top 4 which is ridiculous,it'll be interesting to see what frame of mind spurs will be in though giving all his hype around aaary and the england job.
    Yeah your spot on about the midfield,I'm gutted raylor isn't playing,he would have given simmo great protection against bale and always has a decent delivery. Can't for the life of me think of anyone tomorrow capable of putting a decent ball in the box,bar maybe Guthrie.But anyway,I think most toon fans are bricking it at the thought of Bale running at simmo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Maybe Gosling RM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

when is tiote back?

For me Obertan has to start. I know he frustrates a fair few but his willingness to get back and defend and help out Simpson is great as was evident in the last few minutes of the Villa game last week. He'll also give us a good out ball when we're under a bit of pressure.... and we will be under pressure for a lot of this game I'd imagine.
    Plus,I think he's the only one with genuine pace who can keep up with Bale.

If Bale switches wings which he does a fair bit then Jonas is going to have work extremely hard in helping out Santon who has been caught too far forward in recent games for my liking. He does have the pace to get back there though.

Given the pure talent of Spurs' squad, the temptation would be to play five across the midfield and close the game out but I say we stick with the side that ended V Villa last week.

Cisse dropped back a lot in midfield and chased down everything which gave us some more defensive cover in midfield.

We seem to have found the best position for James Perch and he's been playing admirably the last few games. Credit where it's due. Likewise with Guthrie. Put himself about a lot against Villa and is working extremely hard to hold down a place in that central midfield position. His passing range is superb and I feel that Pardew is going to ask him to sit with Perch in front of the back four and if he can get decent delivery to the front men we've got a bit of pace if we can hold the ball up and bring wingers into play.

Any sort of result would be magnificent. It's a pretty big game in our season. I'm not getting carried away... unless of course it's in jest about getting a Champions League place but if we got a result here today, you never know. We'll need to play a bit better than we have been.
    Krul

Simmo --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Obertan --- Perch --- Guthrie --- Jonas

Ba --- Cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm looking at the Everton Chelsea game and Chelsea look like dropping points once again, that gives Newcastle the chance to go 4th.

For a team who were playing championship football a few years ago and in serious turmoil that is some position to be in at this stage of the season. I'm no huge fan of Pardew but he seems to have done the business since taking over from Hughton(Who did a fantastic job in his reign).

I'm a fan of change in the Premier League and like Spurs, I'm rooting for Newcastle to get champions league football.

• Advertisement

Chelsea lose. A win sees us 4th.

HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

The less said about today the better. Roll on Wolves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I think the Ba - Cisse partnership unbalances the team.

There too similiar.

djPSB wrote: »

There too similiar.

And your drawing this conclusion after 2 games, one against a side running away in third place where Newcastle had a make shift midfield, and the partnership has yielded 2 goals?

you may be right but its waaaaaay to early for any conclusion

Ba and Simpson came across well today on Goals on Sunday.

I think the way we play if we go Cisse and Ba up front we need left and right wingers that are going to work really hard. Jonas is a prime example of this and Raylor would have been the same on the right.

I think our best 11 with the type of football we play should be the below and if all are fit for Wolves we should start with this team.

Krul
    --Simpson
    Willo
    Colo
    Santon
    -Raylor/Guthrie
    Tiote
    Cabaye----Jonas--
    Cisse
    Ba
    Subs: Elliot, Perch, HBA, Gosling, Obertan, Ameobi, Lovenkrands

Realistically Raylor will probably not be fit so I would put Guthrie in RM with the hope he turns into a Barton type player as he does have the eye for a pass and is a good crosser of the ball.

It says a lot about Ben Arfa when Pardew won't even pick him despite being way behind in a game. He's gone during the summer methinks.

djPSB wrote: »

There too similiar.

:rolleyes:

A big worry I have is in the last couple of games,we've looked far from convincing at the back.Our defence was an absolute bloody shambles against spurs and fulham and apart from Krul,we could have conceded 3 goals in the 1st half against Villa.At the start of the season I didn't think there was much between Taylor and Williamson but now we're really missing Taylor.Coloccini doesn't look as commanding with Williamson alongside him.Also I've been impressed with Santon since he's arrived but defensively he's been very suspect lately,showing how well Raylor really did at left back for us.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It says a lot about Ben Arfa when Pardew won't even pick him despite being way behind in a game. He's gone during the summer methinks.
    Good point but at 4-0 down,I think it was just a case of keeping the score down as little as possible.

cheick's coming home. Ivory Coast lose a pen shoot out in the final 8-7. Tiote scored the first penalty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement