Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Good point but at 4-0 down,I think it was just a case of keeping the score down as little as possible.

And would things have been that much worse with him playing? His attacking instincts might have helped to push Spurs back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

greendom wrote: »
    And would things have been that much worse with him playing? His attacking instincts might have helped to push Spurs back a bit.
    He could have come on for Ba or Cisse but at 4-0 down before half time I'd personally have not put him on away from home and against a team we couldn't get close to. We lost i think 3 goals from their blistering counter attacks,Ben arfa is a fantastic footballer but he can lose the ball in the final third a lot so the think the right call was made in leaving him on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thank fúck Cabaye and Tiote will are back for our next game. I like Guthrie but we really missed that bit of bite from Perchinio or indeed anybody really against Spurs.

Hopefully Yohan will spur the lads around him given how important he is to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I think its great to see everyone talking about Man Utd, Liverpool, Wolves etc and very little about Newcastle. Nice to see that we are not making headlines for once and since Barton and co have left the club the team has quietly gone about its business and ended up in 6th spot at the moment. Just goes to show what can be achieved with a bit of team spirit, some good signings and scouting work and not living in a goldfish bowl as JJ would call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Do ye guys think cisse will outscore ba from here till the end of the year?

Do ye guys think cisse will outscore ba from here till the end of the year?

I don't see it myself. It'll take him a while to adapt.

EDIT: Sunderland game a complete sell out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

There, I fixed it!

vqr1ip.jpg

M5 wrote: »
    There, I fixed it!

vqr1ip.jpg

Either he ran out of paint or the lad who did that doesn't know how to spell 'Park'

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Anyone ever stayed in Premier Inn in Newcastle? Which one is the best to stay in, as in closest to stadium and city. Need to book today, Jury's booked out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Dave147 wrote: »
    Anyone ever stayed in Premier Inn in Newcastle? Which one is the best to stay in, as in closest to stadium and city. Need to book today, Jury's booked out.
    Always thought the premier inns were a bit dear for what they are personally.

You'd be better off staying in one of the hotels in Jesmond, (Carlton, Cairn etc) much cheaper and livelier:p and a fiver in a cab into town.

http://www.cairnnewcastle.com/

http://www.carltonnewcastle.com/

Dave147 wrote: »

I stayed in the Premier Inn. Stayed in the city centre one. Is there many of ye going? It's not a bad hotel but it's a bit pricey tbh.

Check out the Albatross Backpackers Hostel. Myself and mate will be staying there for the weekend of the Sunderland game. £94 between both of us for two nights. You just pay a deposit online and then pay the rest on arrival. AFAIK they accept euro too but I'll ring and confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Demba Ba has a £7m release clause and gets to keep half of the transfer fee himself:
    This didn’t work for anyone except Demba Ba… and Newcastle. I’m told he’s got a £7 million get-out at Newcastle and he gets half the money over that. They keep denying it but I think you’ll see in the summer he will leave Newcastle or he’ll get a monstrous rise to stay there. If they get about four million, half will go to him, so if they sell him for £7 million they’ll only net about three because they paid his agent £2 million to get him out of here. Getting £3 million is not bad, but for a player of his quality it’s not fantastic. It’s one of those mistakes that happen, but it’s probably one of the worst mistakes I have ever made in my life. It just didn’t enter our heads. it didn’t enter anybody’s head that he’d score enough goals that we’d want to give him £40k a week and his old club £15/20k an appearance and we’d still be relegated. In reality that’s exactly what happened. The agent just threw it in at the last minute. He said “Obviously if his salary is cut by 50% you’ve got to let him walk”. We thought, OK, if we get relegated, do we really want a £40k a week striker in the Championship? Well, we would have because he was devastating. If he was with us now and his knee had held up, because remember, he did have a very very bad knee, I think we’d be 15 points clear, I really do. He’d be cutting through those defences. You live and you learn.

Source - West Ham owner David Sullivan: http://www.westhamtillidie.com/

Nice to see you back Paully and in fine obsessive form. ;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nice to see you back Paully and in fine obsessive form. ;)

It was a very quiet Sunday afternoon, as I'm sure you can tell :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

tumblr_lznsqlwH0u1qz7guco1_500.jpg

Again! Quality :pac:

• Advertisement

6 of our next 7 games are scheduled for TV coverage.

Newcastle v Sunderland – Sun 4th March – 12pm – ESPN
    Arsenal v Newcastle – Mon 12th March – 8pm – Sky
    Newcastle v Norwich – Sunday 18th March – 4pm – Sky
    WBA v Newcastle – Sun 25th March – 4pm – Sky
    Newcastle v Liverpool – Sun 1st April – 1:30pm – Sky
    Swansea v Newcastle – Friday 6th April – 4:30pm – Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Its great how many games are on TV. Newcastle probably have one of the highest TV revenues in the premiership.

Raoul wrote: »
    Its great how many games are on TV. Newcastle probably have one of the highest TV revenues in the premiership.

It's cos we're a massive club.

#LetsGetCarriedAway

It's cos we're a massive club.

#LetsGetCarriedAway

#ChampionsLeagueContenders

Just need to add 3 or four world quality players to the squad.
    Cheeky move for Robinho?

:pac:

Doocey wrote: »
    #ChampionsLeagueContenders

Just need to add 3 or four world quality players to the squad.
    Cheeky move for Robinho?

:pac:

Michael Owen or Patrick Kluivert would be huge statements of intent IMO :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Michael Owen or Patrick Kluivert would be huge statements of intent IMO :pac:

I hope we sign Bendtner.

;)

All set for the big one on Sunday week lads?

After our last few performances against you I'm bricking it to be honest, we should be a different animal under O'Neill and the starting 11 will be very different, but I'm still not confident.

Draw at best for us IMO.

All set for the big one on Sunday week lads?

After our last few performances against you I'm bricking it to be honest, we should be a different animal under O'Neill and the starting 11 will be very different, but I'm still not confident.

Draw at best for us IMO.

I'm heading over for it myself and to be honest, I'm quite nervous about it. It's a different animal altogether.... unfortunately.

I'm heading over for it myself and to be honest, I'm quite nervous about it. It's a different animal altogether.... unfortunately.

Two very evenly matched sides - could honestly go either way.

I think we're in for a cracker.

All the events to the build up of this game have laid the foundations for an epic derby.

Somehow don't think Ameobi will get his standard two goals against ye this time though :(

I'll never be confident for a derby again thanks to Steve Bruce :pac:

n7TIH.png

This chart should put you at ease Paully. ;)

33nxdhx.jpg

Krul; Simpson, Coloccini (c), Williamson, Santon; R Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Cissé, Ba.

Think you'll win comfortably today against a Wolves side who are a complete mess and might as well be manager-less.

2 or 3-0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Krul; Simpson, Coloccini (c), Williamson, Santon; R Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Cissé, Ba.

He really doesnt fancy Ben Arfa at the moment, personally Id like to see him given a run in the side, he strikes me as a confidence player who needs to be loved by his manager, Pardew's hardline approach doesnt seem to be working with him.

Anyone have a link to the game today lads?

• Advertisement

leonidas83 wrote: »
    He really doesnt fancy Ben Arfa at the moment, personally Id like to see him given a run in the side, he strikes me as a confidence player who needs to be loved by his manager, Pardew's hardline approach doesnt seem to be working with him.

Anyone have a link to the game today lads?

I'd certainly chuck him in against Wolves, time and space to make an impact! I think he's a victim of our weak full backs TBH, both need lots of cover from MF

Also in the centre Cabaye and Tiote do a lot more dirty work...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

I'd certainly chuck him in against Wolves, time and space to make an impact! I think he's a victim of our weak full backs TBH, both need lots of cover from MF

Also in the centre Cabaye and Tiote do a lot more dirty work...

Karl Henry is back for Wolves today, maybe he's trying to protect him, wouldnt surprise me with the way that lunatic tackles

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Karl Henry is back for Wolves today, maybe he's trying to protect him, wouldnt surprise me with the way that lunatic tackles

He'll be a marked man, Mr T pitys the fool!

bazual wrote: »

I think our best 11 with the type of football we play should be the below and if all are fit for Wolves we should start with this team.

Krul
    --Simpson
    Willo
    Colo
    Santon
    -Raylor/Guthrie
    Tiote
    Cabaye----Jonas--
    Cisse
    Ba
    Subs: Elliot, Perch, HBA, Gosling, Obertan, Ameobi, Lovenkrands

Realistically Raylor will probably not be fit so I would put Guthrie in RM with the hope he turns into a Barton type player as he does have the eye for a pass and is a good crosser of the ball.

I am well chuffed with the team today, its our strongest line up imo and if the front 2 can click today we have a great chance for victory.

Personally I think Ben Arfa just doesn't do enough defensively to be considered for an Alan Pardew starting 11. If you look through your team you have players that can produce the goods going forward but who also put 100% in defending too and all work for each other. Ben Arfa upsets that balance IMO.

Personally I think Ben Arfa just doesn't do enough defensively to be considered for an Alan Pardew starting 11. If you look through your team you have players that can produce the goods going forward but who also put 100% in defending too and all work for each other. Ben Arfa upsets that balance IMO.

Yup. spot on Paully, its our workrate that has us where we are. We are not spectacular but are winning a high percentage of our winnable games

Looks like a big crowd

WTF was that Willo!!!!

• Advertisement

Brilliant by Ba initially, great finish by Cisse

2nd attempt at a screamer goes in!

We are playing very deep, change of tactics?

Only danger here is complacency, we have dropped quite a few points at home like that. We seem happy to let Wolves have the ball, dangerous game

Only caught last 2 mins of first half, is the the usual newcastle performance when we go a couple of goals up let them back into it and hang on at the end or are we going for a third?

Currently in 4th spot, come on Bolton!!!!!

Did the ticking time bomb just go boom?

• Advertisement

Only caught last 2 mins of first half, is the the usual newcastle performance when we go a couple of goals up let them back into it and hang on at the end or are we going for a third?

Yeah, foot is off the gas

I'm just gonna stop talking now..........

And there is the danger, they have hope now, silly tactically,

Extremely unfortunate goal to concede, Doyles mis controlled shot falls for jarvis who hits it, a huge deflection and into the top corner

After 45 mins in 2nd gear can we step it up? Recent history says no

Ba does not look right after that injury, he is not running as much and looks uncomfortable. Would bring on Shola.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement