Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

We have been atrocious since half time, we wont win unless something changes

ffs, stupid stupid tactics by Pardew, scandalous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Well this is not surprising.

You CAN NOT play in 2nd gear for so long. We have dont it at least 3/4 times this season and lost pretty much every time.

Ref is having a nightmare here

Woeful stuff

Really poor showing, midfield has been really poor from what I have seen. Cabaye is anonymous in midfield.

Can you turn off your stream, was fine before you arrived :mad:

We will be lucky to get a point here tbh.

My god, another player runs out with the ball, WAKE UP LADS

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    Can you turn off your stream, was fine before you arrived :mad:

Done, anything for 3 points.

Crossing has been gash, in fact everything has been gash bar the 2 goals

This is shocking, players passing the ball out of play, shocking control

What is going on???????///

2 mins of the 5 wasted by Wolves, take note Ref

Sh1te, pure shi1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Abysmal second half performance. Williamson and Simpson really aren't good enough. Willo more so than Simpson today. The fact that we didn't strengthen in that area has made Willo lazy methinks given there's nobody really challenging him for that position.

Ben Arfa looked lively but he needs to learn he can't do it by himself all the time.

I left the house, didnt work. 3 points from fourth, balls.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

According to David Sullivan you bid £4m for James Tonkins in the January window, so I wouldn't be surprised if you went back in for him in the summer to replace Williamson.

Awful result for us today as well, both Sunderland and Newcastle unhappy with today's results, makes for an interesting game next week.

bazual wrote: »
    I left the house, didnt work. 3 points from fourth, balls.........

To be fair lad, we're not getting fourth. :) Europa League should surely be our target and we're well on course for that. Need to start performing again though. We've been quite shít as of late.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

That_Guy wrote: »
    To be fair lad, we're not getting fourth. :) Europa League should surely be our target and we're well on course for that. Need to start performing again though. We've been quite shít as of late.

I dont think we should be writing off fourth spot just yet, Chelsea and Arsenal are out of sorts this season & Liverpool are still a work in progress. We should be aiming for fourth spot because next season those three sides are going to come back better and stronger. If we get champions league football we can start to compete with them, just look what its done for spurs and they were competing with Man City that season for fourth.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    I dont think we should be writing off fourth spot just yet, Chelsea and Arsenal are out of sorts this season & Liverpool are still a work in progress. We should be aiming for fourth spot because next season those three sides are going to come back better and stronger. If we get champions league football we can start to compete with them, just look what its done for spurs and they were competing with Man City that season for fourth.

Shhhhhh. You'll jinx everything. :pac:

Newcastle will finish 7th which will be an excellent season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I wouldn't count on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Paully D wrote: »
    Newcastle will finish 7th which will be an excellent season.
    After watching the performance Yesterday, I think we will be lucky to finish 7th. I hope I'm wrong and we improve but the last 15 minutes of the game was very frustrating to watch, very little creativity, just aimless balls, hoping for a lucky break.
    The one positive from an Irish point of veiw was kevin Doyle, he was everywhere, at one point in the second half i thought he had a twin brother!!

I just can't see anyone of the chasing pack catching them, maybe Everton as they're on their usual post Christmas run but the likes of Sunderland (unfortunately), Norwich, Swansea etc certainly won't finish ahead of them now.

• Advertisement

Norwich can't be discounted yet, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    I just can't see anyone of the chasing pack catching them, maybe Everton as they're on their usual post Christmas run but the likes of Sunderland (unfortunately), Norwich, Swansea etc certainly won't finish ahead of them now.

Now now Paully ;) Said similar things last year mind.

We need Taylor back badly, and Simpson is becoming increasingly average as well so a new right-back wouldn't go astray, especially considering he's hesitating on a new contract.

Tioté & Cabaye just need a couple of games back together before we see them back to their best. Remember Tioté is only back after coming out of a different partnership for the Ivory Coast, whereas Cabaye hasn't played in a few games, nor trained with Cheik himself.

Cissé and Ba look exciting though, and great to see Papiss getting goals early on - imperative for a new striker at a new club.

Can't wait for the derby to be honest, nervous though because Sunderland will be hungry as fook following their thrashing at West Brom.
    We needed that Wolves draw to wake ourselves up I reckon - hopefully we're in for a cracking derby with a home again, (again) :)

Or maybe a LB instead, Santon's best position is RB.

G.K. wrote: »
    Or maybe a LB instead, Santon's best position is RB.

I agree, I think we were very solid when Raylor was behind Jonas, I would like to see that again with Santon right back, although Santon is not a great defender at all, he is good going forward but defensively very poor positional play.

Stick Guthrie in Right Midfield and everyone else the same. We really are missing Saylor in the middle with Colo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Hopefully a RB is signed in the Summer so that Santon can switch sides and Simpson can rightly f*ckoff.

• Advertisement

It's only Monday but jaysus I'm getting that nervous pit in my stomach about the game on Sunday.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Hopefully a LB is signed in the Summer so that Santon can switch sides and Simpson can rightly f*ckoff.

Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I think were a million miles off 4th place tbh lads,only reason we've kept pace this long is because arsenal/chelsea and the pool have been very average,I can see at least 2 of them teams picking up a bit of form soon too,so it's looking like 7th if we stay clear of injuries. Looking at the summer,hopefully,ashley will act quick like last summer and sign a right back and a centre back.Simpson is definitely the weak link in that team or a passenger as eamonn dunphy would probably call him and williamson can be prone to the odd bad game like saturday.Still, we usually have the upper hand in derby day so I'd be expecting a win,we might just win it 4-1 this time..........

Ben Arfa on Sunderland:

Upon asked if he ever visits Sunderland, he replied:
    I don’t, perhaps because there is nothing there?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Hopefully a RB is signed in the Summer so that Santon can switch sides and Simpson can rightly f*ckoff.

As G.K has pointed out, I assume you mean LB. To be honest, I'd like to see Shane Ferguson given a chance. Looked decent when he came into the side towards the end of last season and looked good in the second half V Spurs. Very pacy too though I think he is by trade a left winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Anybody hear how Shane played last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Where To wrote: »
    Anybody hear how Shane played last night?

Shane was very good. Kept possession well and put in a few decent crosses. One of Northern Ireland's positives from last night. He is only 20 too.
    That is the first time I've seen him really. I was at the game.
    Hopefully I will see him plenty of more times in the Norn Iron shirt.
    He got a good round of applause when he was substituted and when he walked down towards the tunnel.

Any of ye flying out from Dublin tomorrow night for the game?

I'm heading over this afternoon, gonna watch Gateshead v Ebbsfleet tomorrow :D

Where To wrote: »
    I'm heading over this afternoon, gonna watch Gateshead v Ebbsfleet tomorrow :D

Should go to Darlington instead. They could do with the cash. ;) Not sure what the distance is from there though.

• Advertisement

It's about 40 miles, stadium is in the middle of nowhere an all. Gateshead is much more 'sociable' ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Nerves kicking in already!

shola-vs-sunderland.jpg

Memories ♥ :pac:

Doocey wrote: »

I really don't know why. It's clear as day you're going to come away with a draw at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

That_Guy wrote: »
    Any of ye flying out from Dublin tomorrow night for the game?

See you in Dublin mate, heading up around 2pm tomorrow with the buddy, will have a few beers in airport and hit Aspers as soon as we hit Newcastle :)

Newcastle news conference live on ssn in next couple of mins. Whats this about?

Nice one, colo signs 4 year deal and Krul signs 5 year deal. Now they will either stay or be sold for big money

Great news on the contracts!

I thought we were waiting till the end of the season to finish up the contract work... Smoke screen of some sort to take the pressure off the players i suppose!

Delighted with the contracts. :) Finally good to see that we're (hopefully) not selling our prized assets. Wonder if 'Arry knows of the contract details. Would be interested to know. ;)

Doocey wrote: »

shola-vs-sunderland.jpg

Memories ♥ :pac:

Was lucky enough to be at the game! 10 rows or so from the front!

• Advertisement

I thought you lads would be a bit too long in the tooth to get excited by players signing new deals? All it really means is that you'll get a bit more money for both if a bigger club wants them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement