Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D wrote: »
    I thought you lads would be a bit too long in the tooth to get excited by players signing new deals? All it really means is that you'll get a bit more money for both if a bigger club wants them.

Clutching at straws Paully? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Clutching at straws Paully? :pac:

Nope, just realistic. A few players from Newcastle have signed new deals recently only to leave soon after, same with Sunderland too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Nope, just realistic. A few players from Newcastle have signed new deals recently only to leave soon after, same with Sunderland too.

Anyone bar Carroll????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I thought you lads would be a bit too long in the tooth to get excited by players signing new deals? All it really means is that you'll get a bit more money for both if a bigger club wants them.

As much as that might be true for Krul; I'd be pretty confident Coloccini is going to end his career on Tyneside.
    Of course, if someone fancies paying us £25m for 30 year old, then by all means we're going to consider it.

Just as much as if an offer in the region of £25m is made for Krul we'll consider it; maybe.

And Paully, stop trying to play down Sunderland like you do every year.
    Deep down you're fancying your chances at SJP more than any other year.

;)

Doocey wrote: »
    As much as that might be true for Krul; I'd be pretty confident Coloccini is going to end his career on Tyneside.
    Of course, if someone fancies paying us £25m for 30 year old, then by all means we're going to consider it.

Just as much as if an offer in the region of £25m is made for Krul we'll consider it; maybe.

And Paully, stop trying to play down Sunderland like you do every year.
    Deep down you're fancying your chances at SJP more than any other year.

;)

''We'll consider it''. Seriously, who do you think you are? It's the same for all clubs like us, if a bigger club wants our players then they're gone. Do you really think the likes of Krul will stay at Newcastle ahead of a move to the likes of Spurs? Players tell the press and fans etc what they want to hear, you surely know that by now?

All this new contract ****e is going to end in tears because the club have built it up. When they're sold on Ashley will turn into a fat cockney bastard again and Pardew will turn into a puppet, again.

I'm not fancying my chances at all, because I'm realistic. I've rarely ever fancied our chances against you lot away, I thought we'd have a chance of nicking a draw before the 5-1 last year, I also thought we could win the 2-1 when Shearer was on the bench, other than that apart from home games I've never really been too confident against you and have only seen us beat you a handful of times. You have a better team than us at the minute, you have 2 excellent strikers, you'll have a full house behind you and our players will freeze again. You'll beat us relatively easy IMO. 2-0. I don't like saying it but I might as well be honest about it.

You'll qualify for Europe too, which I think may benefit us with regards to finishing ahead of you next season. You don't have a big squad, will do well to hold onto some bigger players in the summer and may suffer in the league because of it. We'll also have a full season of O'Neill who'll have his own squad to work with. I guess we'll just have to wait and see but north-east football is really on the up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

''We'll consider it''. Seriously, who do you think you are? It's the same for all clubs like us, if a bigger club wants our players then they're gone. Do you really think the likes of Krul will stay at Newcastle ahead of a move to the likes of Spurs? Players tell the press and fans etc what they want to hear, you surely know that by now?

All this new contract ****e is going to end in tears because the club have built it up. When they're sold on Ashley will turn into a fat cockney bastard again and Pardew will turn into a puppet, again.

I'm not fancying my chances at all, because I'm realistic. I've rarely ever fancied our chances against you lot away, I thought we'd have a chance of nicking a draw before the 5-1 last year, I also thought we could win the 2-1 when Shearer was on the bench, other than that apart from home games I've never really been too confident against you and have only seen us beat you a handful of times. You have a better team than us at the minute, you have 2 excellent strikers, you'll have a full house behind you and our players will freeze again. You'll beat us relatively easy IMO. 2-0. I don't like saying it but I might as well be honest about it.

You'll qualify for Europe too, which I think may benefit us with regards to finishing ahead of you next season. You don't have a big squad, will do well to hold onto some bigger players in the summer and may suffer in the league because of it. We'll also have a full season of O'Neill who'll have his own squad to work with. I guess we'll just have to wait and see but north-east football is really on the up.

Are you trying to say were not a big club Paully LOL.

We can see that Ashley is trying to turn us into an Arsenal type business, buy young and cheap on big contracts, hold on to for a couple of years if we can and then sell on for a massive profit and repeat the process. Its all about becoming a profitable business. We are going to have some good seasons and some bad seasons but hopefully it will sustain our premier league status and we might get into Europe every now and again.
    I can see Ba and Tiote sold in the summer, but hopefully we are prepared and have targets in mind to replace them.

As for tomorrow, raging I was not able to go but anything can happen at a derby, so hopefully we can get at ye early and get the killer first goal and go on from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

In Newcastle now all set for the, few bottles now, game of cards in Aspers and showtime in the morning! Toon army toon army!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

All the lads that are over here, its time you were in bed, early start in the morning. If you're not in bed GO BACK TO YOUR HOTEL!!

Obviously you didn't understand what I was getting at.

Of course they'll leave if huge money comes in - we'll have no control of that.
    However, at least we'll get a good lump of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Some atmosphere today, much better side and deserved more from game but that referee was a ****ing disgrace, still at least we didn't lose to the dirty mackems!

• Advertisement

Ha ha
    195140.jpg

Been over to Newcastle 6 times this season but I've never experienced an atmosphere like that before. Incredible. Hatem was outstanding when he came on. Really outstanding. He can be a bit selfish at times but the way he works space for himself is ridiculous. He's a tremendous talent and needs to start games soon methinks.

He's the type of player that will get you on the front foot but he needs to learn that while he's a great individual talent, it's a team game and he can't do it all himself all the time.

Been over to Newcastle 6 times this season but I've never experienced an atmosphere like that before. Incredible. Hatem was outstanding when he came on. Really outstanding. He can be a bit selfish at times but the way he works space for himself is ridiculous. He's a tremendous talent and needs to start games soon methinks.

He's the type of player that will get you on the front foot but he needs to learn that while he's a great individual talent, it's a team game and he can't do it all himself all the time.

Fcuk me, making up for lost time lad!!!!

There is no match that compares with the derby! Im back in Ireland for a few weeks in Sept, hoping for a favorable fixture list so i can take in a game!

M5 wrote: »
    Fcuk me, making up for lost time lad!!!!

Once I left after the first time, I just couldn't wait to get back over again.

Last time over this season though due to saving up for college. Will try and hopefully take in a game or two next season if funds allow.

Damn you planning for the future. :D

Once I left after the first time, I just couldn't wait to get back over again.

Last time over this season though due to saving up for college. Will try and hopefully take in a game or two next season if funds allow.

Damn you planning for the future. :D

Yeah, same as myself, it seems like such a big deal to get over there, but once you realise just how easy it is.....

Raylor signed up til 2015

I'm quite glad Raylor has signed on. Left back didn't suit him but he's done ok on the right wing. Doesn't possess pace but he's a decent crosser of the ball.

Squad player really...

M5 wrote: »
    Squad player really...

True but it's good to have him about.

Securing Colo, Krul, Jonas and Raylor on long term deals ensures familiarity for the young lads breaking through to the first team and much easier to gel them into the system more quickly.

Getting Ba onto a new deal ASAP would be a massive signal of intent.

Would spell the end for Best I reckon which is a pity because he did ever so well before his injury.

Important to keep the spine of our team and build around them.

NUFC annual finance report.

Operational loss 2010/11 = £3.9m. It was £33.5m in 2009/10 and £37.7m in 2008/9. Progress on pitch and balancing the books.

• Advertisement

NUFC annual finance report.

Operational loss 2010/11 = £3.9m. It was £33.5m in 2009/10 and £37.7m in 2008/9. Progress on pitch and balancing the books.

article-0-02A458D400000578-984_468x286.jpg

Newcastle-Sunderland-Shola-Ameobi-Premier-League+cropped

From the reserve game tonight:
    Sunderland AFC ‏ @SAFCofficial
    Newcastle fans are tearing down the Sports Direct signs around the ground and throwing them onto the pitch.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9579804.Fans_rip_down_Sports_Direct_signs_during_Newcastle_and_Sunderland_reserve_game/
    REPORTS are coming in that Newcastle United's reserve team game against rivals Sunderland had to be held up tonight after fans ripped down Sports Direct advertising signs.

Social media site, Twitter, was rife with news of the trouble at St James' Park.

A tweet from the official Sunderland FC Twitter account @SAFCofficial said: "Newcastle fans are tearing down the Sports Direct signs around the ground and throwing them onto the pitch."

Sunday Mirror writer Brian McNally wrote: "Reserve game has to be halted at 3-3 to allow stewards to clear the pitch of Sports Direct advertising signs. All kicking off."

The ground was officially renamed The Sports Direct Arena recently by owner Mike Ashley, but the changes have not gone down well with the Magpies fans.

The game ended 3-3.

Jesus wept :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

They also had a go at the SportsDirect store in Newcastle City Centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Why have they just started doing this now?

No idea to be honest. Very strange carry on, especially the same day as good financial results are posted.

Some fans would want to remember where their bread is buttered, the man has given the club a £100m + loan that basically saved them from a huge amount of financial trouble. There's no need to go at his signs and shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Don't want to be negative lads but can't see us getting anything on monday night against the arsenal,a month ago I would have fancied us for a draw but think this game is beyond us.Van Persie coming up against Williamson and Simpson doesn't make me any more optimistic either.It will be interesting to see how we line up,personally I'd like to see 4-5-1 with Ben Arfa tucking in behind Ba and then dropping back into midfield when we don't have the ball like Old trafford to try and combat Arsenal's counter attacks and Ben Arfa really deserves a chance.Only drawback to this is Cisse and Ba would cause a lot of problems with their strength and presence but arsenal tore spurs to shrewds 2 weeks ago because spurs became completely overrun in midfield so 4-5-1 would be a decent starting point.

<SNIP>

On the stadium vandalism quotes from a steward saying that the crowd who were at the game were not regulars and seemed intent on causing trouble from the moment they entered the ground.

• Advertisement

Also, on the vandalism, wrecking the signs etc does nothing to help get rid of Sports Direct as the sponsor, because potential sponsors will look at it and think ''well if we buy naming rights for the stadium our name will basically be dragged through the mud at any given opportunity by the fans''.

Shameful carry on tbh. There's other ways to protest and vandalising the bloody stadium isn't productive at all. Hope they get barred for life the morons.

Vandals were kids, little chavs.
    Disgraceful behaviour - costs gonna come out of the club to repair anyway!

5 points clear of Liverpool and we've to play Arsenal on Monday.

Please let us get something out of that game.

5 points clear of Liverpool and we've to play Arsenal on Monday.

Please let us get something out of that game.

Say thank you ;)

Seen a little bit of final minutes of the Sunderland game - Carroll anonymous.
    Service terrible, couldn't do anything when he had it at his feet.
    I'll take Demba & Cissé for a third of the price any day.

Kinda feel sorry for him though, has goals in him - just needs the right service.

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Seen a little bit of final minutes of the Sunderland game

Don't lie, you watched it all.

Obsessed ;) :pac:

Don't lie, you watched it all.

Obsessed ;) :pac:

Brother's a Sunderland fan and he was watching, so I saw the final few - just to see wor Andy ;)

Say thank you ;)

Nevarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Would like to see this line up on Monday..

Krul
    --Simps
    Colo
    Willo
    Raylor
    --HBA
    Tiote
    Cabaye----Jonas

Ba
    Cisse

I really would have Raylor instead of Santon even though we all thought Raylor was sh1te and didnt belong in that position for so long at the start of the season, he is actually a better defender than Santon and plays much better with Jonas. Santon is great going forward which is why I didnt put him right back either as if HBA is gonna be on the right wing the last thing we need is both of them getting caught out. Simpson is the better defender and is needed behind HBA. I know all the above is Sh1te and we will more than likely start with same line up that started v Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Santon will probably be better defensively at RB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

bazual wrote: »
    Would like to see this line up on Monday..

Krul
    --Simps
    Colo
    Willo
    Raylor
    --HBA
    Tiote
    Cabaye----Jonas

Ba
    Cisse

I really would have Raylor instead of Santon even though we all thought Raylor was sh1te and didnt belong in that position for so long at the start of the season, he is actually a better defender than Santon and plays much better with Jonas. Santon is great going forward which is why I didnt put him right back either as if HBA is gonna be on the right wing the last thing we need is both of them getting caught out. Simpson is the better defender and is needed behind HBA. I know all the above is Sh1te and we will more than likely start with same line up that started v Sunderland.

As much as I would like to see HBA start (and he deserves to after his performance against the mackems), that looks too attacking going into the Emirates against an on form Arsenal.

Only way HBA can start IMO is if either Ba or Cisse are dropped and Ben Arfa is given a free role behind either one of them. Would actually like to see that happen at some point.

I've a feeling we'll play five in midfield with Ben Arfa maybe just in behind Ba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

I've a feeling we'll play five in midfield with Ben Arfa maybe just in behind Ba.

Would love to see it. Considering what Spurs did to us only a few weeks ago (granted we were missing Tiote and Cabaye), would seem like the right approach.

Yeah 4-5-1 would be the best way for you to go IMO. Even Ameobi rather than Cisse would work better as at least he'd make the ball stick more often.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you get something if Pardew goes a bit conservative, but if he plays 4-4-2 Arsenal will control the game and win by 2 IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing this tbh. Would give a bit more defensive cover.
    Krul

Simmo --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Perch

Raylor --- Cabaye --- Tiote --- Jonas

Ba

Raylor apparently deleted a tweet that said he was injured.

If Ben Arfa starts

Positive: He gets us on the front foot very quickly.

Negative: He offers little or no protection in defensive areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Deffo needs to be 4-5-1 after what happened at Spurs. Cisse didnt hold up a thing against sunderland so would be happy to see him on the bench for this type of game.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Deffo needs to be 4-5-1 after what happened at Spurs. Cisse didnt hold up a thing against sunderland so would be happy to see him on the bench for this type of game.

Spot on with the analysis there, Pardew must have read your post.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Santon is going to cost us tonight, whenever the ball goes over him to Walcott he just jogs back slowly. He's not a left back...

Gutted :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement