Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

And the girls were practically nothing summer and winter! Great city!

They wear practically nothing in november either:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm still trying to think of incidents last season in the Premier League or indeed the professional leagues below that a player punched another one and can't think of any at all. If you can list them then please do, but what Barton did to Pederson certainly doesn't go on all the time and it is a big deal.

Red mist doesn't just desend in the form of a punch, it can be a kick, poor challenge, slap to the face, headbutt, etc, all of which can happen in any game on any given weekend. Are you honestly saying that what Joey Barton did was worse than Adams challenge on Bale or Jack Wilsheres against Pennant/Zigic?

A punch into the chest is noting major in all fairness. What damage will it do? Its stupid, but hardly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

That_Guy wrote: »
    Weird piece of advice ahead of trip to Newcastle next month. "Don't bring a coat because Geordie's don't wear coats. They don't even have cloakrooms in clubs. If you wear a coat they'll know you're not from around there."

Would the accent not give it away anyways :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

N'Zogbia looks like he's off to Villa then, no surprise he's not ending up back in the north-east when Wigan are looking £10m for him and he himself wants £60,000 a week.

Neil Taylor has signed a new contract with Swansea I see causing Lee Ryder to go into meltdown and retract all the comments he made about him definitely signing a few weeks ago. He's always good for a laugh is Lee :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

N'Zogbia looks like he's off to Villa then, no surprise he's not ending up back in the north-east when Wigan are looking £10m for him and he himself wants £60,000 a week.

Neil Taylor has signed a new contract with Swansea I see causing Lee Ryder to go into meltdown and retract all the comments he made about him definitely signing a few weeks ago. He's always good for a laugh is Lee :pac:

Yep N'Zoggers looks set for Villa, as we both expected a week ago.
    A lot of money to pay for a guy in the last year of his contract; pity someone won't do the same for us with Enrique! :pac:

Good old Lee :cool:

Who you lot, that happen to look at Twitter, reckon are the best sources?

I must say; I think anything from the Echo is usually cow dung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm still trying to think of incidents last season in the Premier League or indeed the professional leagues below that a player punched another one and can't think of any at all. If you can list them then please do, but what Barton did to Pederson certainly doesn't go on all the time and it is a big deal.

Rooney, Gerrard & Scholes are a few players off the top of my head who've thrown a dig on the pitch. Red card offence deffo. Even some form of ban if required. But not really a big deal.

Doocey wrote: »
    A lot of money to pay for a guy in the last year of his contract; pity someone won't do the same for us with Enrique! :pac:

I personally think George Caulkin, Mark Douglas (very nice man who always tries to respond to tweets etc) and Luke Edwards are the three best for north-east news. Nothing exceptional but what they post is usually solid and not based on just mere speculation like the others. The Echo usually just look at the club forums and see what's being reported on there for their news :pac: It's happened loads now that one of the decent sources will post something and in tomorrow's Echo they'll be running with the same story!

Oh, I've also heard that Newcastle have started enquiries for Bendtner after missing out on Erdinc. No media source or anything just heard it through the grapevine. There might not be anything concrete in it as Hamburg and Lisbon are reported to be interested but you never know. Just passing it on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Doocey wrote: »

@MSIDouglas
    @Lee_Ryder (to an extent. He's usually good to follow for press conferences)
    @cwarr07 for the lulz. He's just some random punter who thinks he's an ITK.

Nooooooooooooooooo! :pac:

mongonthetyne.jpg

• Advertisement

Why Newcastle fans are starting to envy Sunderland - The Telegraph

A very decent and balanced article from Luke Edwards. Worth a read.

Simon Bird reporting that Newcastle fans have invaded the pitch at Darlington, and fights have broke out in the centre circle with Newcastle fans hitting stewards. Scott Wilson saying Pardew had to go over and plead with the Newcastle fans to get off the field so play could resume. Lee Ryder is, unsurprisingly blaming Darlington :rolleyes:

x2_72e353e

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015303/Newcastle-director-attacked-Barton-confronted-angry-fans-pre-season-friendly-Darlington.html

A few posters on the Darlington forum claiming that a woman steward was hit by someone in a Newcastle shirt too.

Very, very poor stuff at a pre-season friendly. There were far too many involved for this to be labelled a ''few idiots'', although Pardew is already trying that angle. Complete lack of respect for Darlington too and I bet those running on the field thought they were great. Shame they wouldn't have the balls to try it at a ground where they know they'll get it back.

It's a pity that the many idiots will give the rest of the decent fans like the lads on here a bad name. The whole fan base will be tarred with the one brush by the media etc.

All because of Sammy Ameobi.
    Not usual behavior from NUFC fans - they're more than often very pleasant so don't know what happened tonight.

Wouldn't do anything as stupid as hitting the oppositions goalkeeper after they'd scored :pac:

As for that article; fair enough points but I honestly don't envy Sunderland one bit.
    They've spent more, because they've needed to spend more. All things aside, we still have a decent sign, and with our additions they only add to the squad.

I don't think you need to remind us of Ashley; we're just very very very unfortunate to have him as owner. I believe in his financial plan for the club, but not for his player recruitment blueprint.
    If he was to adjust the former; then I'd be even more excited for our future.

@MSIDouglas
    @cwarr07 for the lulz. He's just some random punter who thinks he's an ITK.

Haha, yeah I follow all those - Cwarr07 better donate that £100 or he's a right cúnt. In fairness, above his many many wrong statements, he got a couple right :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Am actually in shock over that pitch invasion. WTF were they thinking to do that in a pre-season game of all things.

Never thought I'd see that type of behaviour from Newcastle fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

TaosHum wrote: »
    Am actually in shock over that pitch invasion. WTF were they thinking to do that in a pre-season game of all things.

Maybe i missed it, but why did they invade the pitch

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Maybe i missed it, but why did they invade the pitch

"IF Sammy Ameobi scores, we're on the pitch" was the chant - then the lad scored a pelter and the rest followed suit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

Does anyone know where the newcastle training ground is? and would you have a chance of getting one of the players to sign something?

Shane Ferguson and Danny Guthrie picked up knocks on Friday night.

Ferguson had an X-Ray and Guthrie is said to be out between 6 and 8 weeks.

Why would Ashley be paying Darren Clarke £2m? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Why would Ashley be paying Darren Clarke £2m? :confused:

Something to do with a sponsorship deal Clarke signed. If he won a major within the life of the 10 year deal he got a two million pound bonus. Ashley owns/runs/is involved in the company that sponsored Clarke.

Cabaye denied a VISA for the US Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Does anyone know where the newcastle training ground is? and would you have a chance of getting one of the players to sign something?

Its out in Benton. If you go to googlemaps and type in Whitley Rd, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, its the big white building to the right of Northumberland FA. Used to live beside there, never really bothered going there as id always say i'll do it next week. Theres a kind of a drive way down to the place and people just stand at the top of the drive. They should sign a top alright...

TaosHum wrote: »

I was at the game and it was a select few, everyone ran onto the pitch and were hugging the toon players and stuff. But then a few Toon and Darlo fans clashed, it was a disgrace like, shameful carry on
    Why Newcastle fans are starting to envy Sunderland - The Telegraph

A very decent and balanced article from Luke Edwards. Worth a read.

Ah i find this article quite a bit of nonsense. Hes just saying that because the smb have spent more than us, we should envy them. We signed 3 quality players and spent £500,000 (ish), they spent way more and signed two players I personally rated (Larsson & Gardner) who now, wouldnt make our current best 11.

I do agree with the point though that Derek the dynamo hasnt been pushing the pen enough. We really need to be a little bit careless and spend high on a proven striker...

As for envying the smbs, ha! One of my best mates is a ST holder in the SOS with 15yrs and he's bricking himself for the second game of the season already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Cabaye, £500,000? Seriously?

chimpo85 wrote: »
    Ah i find this article quite a bit of nonsense. Hes just saying that because the smb have spent more than us, we should envy them. We signed 3 quality players and spent £500,000 (ish), they spent way more and signed two players I personally rated (Larsson & Gardner) who now, wouldnt make our current best 11.

As for envying the smbs, ha! One of my best mates is a ST holder in the SOS with 15yrs and he's bricking himself for the second game of the season already!!

Try something nearer £8m and you might be onto something. Free transfers aren't ''free''.

Ba's agents were asking for extortionate money in fees - at least two clubs refused to match what they were looking for, Marveaux moved to Newcastle after they offered a better financial package than Liverpool who don't exactly spend pennies and the other is a kid from Lens who hasn't played a competitive senior game and will surely be playing in the reserves this season, so I don't know how you think he's quality?

Ba and Marveaux are good signings but they certainly cost more than £500,000. Add Cabaye to that (around £5m) and it starts to add up. I'd have taken all 3 at Sunderland for the record.

As for Sunderland - Pardew said in his press conference the other day that ''Newcastle have been involved in all of Sunderland's business but decided it wasn't right for the club'' so that means he was interested in those players. I can guarantee if Newcastle had signed John O'Shea and Connor Wickham they'd have been over the moon. Larsson (who rejected Newcastle in January) and Gardner would also have been classed as good additions.

I'd imagine even the most optimistic Newcastle fan would suggest that Enrique will be off as soon as a decent offer comes in. Ashley has refused to spend more than £1m on someone who would have been seen as his replacement. Barton has been refused a new contract and could well be let go next summer for free despite being arguably your best player last term. You need another striker (as do Sunderland IMO) and your main target has already rejected the club.

I'm also bricking it for the derby as I always do. However, I can't see the reasoning for dismissing the article as ''nonsense'' just because of that. Edwards is just suggesting that at least Sunderland are willing to reinvest the money made from sales back in the transfer market, whereas Newcastle reinvest it ''back in the club'' ie - Ashley wants the money he put into the club back and is using player sales to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Interesting reading in this article!
    http://www.nufcblog.org/2011/07/mike-ashleys-transfer-spending-currently-stands-at-48-7-million/

Seems like our net spenf over the last three seasons is - 48 million! I hope it doesnt come back to bite us and we're involved in another relegation season!

I was at the game and it was a select few, everyone ran onto the pitch and were hugging the toon players and stuff. But then a few Toon and Darlo fans clashed, it was a disgrace like, shameful carry on

I do agree with the point though that Derek the dynamo hasnt been pushing the pen enough. We really need to be a little bit careless and spend high on a proven striker...

£500,000 grand are you having a laugh ? Our net spend is minimal in pre season with the Hendo sale. Would be nice to just admit we made some decent signings and you have signed lads who are potentially decent but unknown quantities. As for the Derby everyone is nervous of course but we are quietly confident as the signings we have made will have had time to gel and have good experience of premier league games unlike your signings. Just hope Shola doesnt play !

A striker please FCB.

Try something nearer £8m and you might be onto something. Free transfers aren't ''free''.

Ba's agents were asking for extortionate money in fees - at least two clubs refused to match what they were looking for, Marveaux moved to Newcastle after they offered a better financial package than Liverpool who don't exactly spend pennies and the other is a kid from Lens who hasn't played a competitive senior game and will surely be playing in the reserves this season, so I don't know how you think he's quality?

Ba and Marveaux are good signings but they certainly cost more than £500,000. Add Cabaye to that (around £5m) and it starts to add up. I'd have taken all 3 at Sunderland for the record.

As for Sunderland - Pardew said in his press conference the other day that ''Newcastle have been involved in all of Sunderland's business but decided it wasn't right for the club'' so that means he was interested in those players. I can guarantee if Newcastle had signed John O'Shea and Connor Wickham they'd have been over the moon. Larsson (who rejected Newcastle in January) and Gardner would also have been classed as good additions.

I'd imagine even the most optimistic Newcastle fan would suggest that Enrique will be off as soon as a decent offer comes in. Ashley has refused to spend more than £1m on someone who would have been seen as his replacement. Barton has been refused a new contract and could well be let go next summer for free despite being arguably your best player last term. You need another striker (as do Sunderland IMO) and your main target has already rejected the club.

I'm also bricking it for the derby as I always do. However, I can't see the reasoning for dismissing the article as ''nonsense'' just because of that. Edwards is just suggesting that at least Sunderland are willing to reinvest the money made from sales back in the transfer market, whereas Newcastle reinvest it ''back in the club'' ie - Ashley wants the money he put into the club back and is using player sales to get it.

Im purely talking about buying and selling fees, as im sure the players gone to Sunlan have all had hefty extras too. I say £500,000 as Cabaye came for roughly £5m and Nolan left for £4.5m. You said Sunlan are reinvesting it back into the transfer market, well if youre signing players and have to pay their agents fees, is that not part and parcel of the whole deal?

Marveux up to his injury last season was (hopefully still is) quality, hes got incredible speed and a lethal left foot. I had completely forgotten about Wickham, definitely someone I would have at the Toon, but I'd not be best pleased with John O Shea, although he is a good utility player. I wasnt talking about Albeid at all, was talking about Cabaye, who definitely wont be in the reserves!

Im delighted we didnt sign Taylor, I fear, as you say, he was to come in as Jose's replacement, who will be gone by Aug, hopefully anyway. No point in having a player there who doesnt want to be there...get up to £10m would be nice!
    £500,000 grand are you having a laugh ? Our net spend is minimal in pre season with the Hendo sale. Would be nice to just admit we made some decent signings and you have signed lads who are potentially decent but unknown quantities. As for the Derby everyone is nervous of course but we are quietly confident as the signings we have made will have had time to gel and have good experience of premier league games unlike your signings. Just hope Shola doesnt play !

Again, the £500k is Cabaye - Nolan sale. Just a rough figure of our outgoings on player fees. Yeah ye have made some decent signings, Wickham especially, had forgotten about him but I wouldnt rate O'Shea, Brown or Vaughan...not for a club that should be targeting at least top 8 this season.
    Shola is gonna be passing on the flame to Sammy this year....another 10 years of Ameobis in the Tyne-Wear!!

• Advertisement

What the fúck? Arsenal tickets are on sale for 12th man members/Season ticket holders yet when I go to book a ticket, it says, "sorry but there are no more allocations left for you, your family or friends"

*sigh*

Im purely talking about buying and selling fees, as im sure the players gone to Sunlan have all had hefty extras too. Again, the £500k is Cabaye - Nolan sale. Just a rough figure of our outgoings on player fees. Yeah ye have made some decent signings, Wickham especially, had forgotten about him but I wouldnt rate O'Shea, Brown or Vaughan...not for a club that should be targeting at least top 8 this season.
    Shola is gonna be passing on the flame to Sammy this year....another 10 years of Ameobis in the Tyne-Wear!!

Yeah Ameobi seems to not hit a barn door all year then score against us. O Shea would walk into both our sides brown too. Think Vaughan is a canny free transfer and was blackpools player of the season. Low Wages and free transfer so well worth the deal. And as Pardew said you were in for the same lads we were just ashley would not put the money up.

Never mind. All sorted. :)

Gallowgate booked. Get in.

Where bouts in the Gallowgate? I dunno where to go now... my ST used to be up in the Leazes but with that gone, and the Leazes end changed am thinking the strawberry corner :confused:

Where bouts in the Gallowgate? I dunno where to go now... my ST used to be up in the Leazes but with that gone, and the Leazes end changed am thinking the strawberry corner :confused:

Lower block. Block H I think it was. Basically the second row in the centre, directly behind the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Nice job. Gallowgate is definitely my favourite part of the ground,went to the newcastle/spurs game last yr and choose to sit in the gallowgate,best decision i ever made!by far the noisiest part of the ground!

Im purely talking about buying and selling fees, as im sure the players gone to Sunlan have all had hefty extras too. I say £500,000 as Cabaye came for roughly £5m and Nolan left for £4.5m. You said Sunlan are reinvesting it back into the transfer market, well if youre signing players and have to pay their agents fees, is that not part and parcel of the whole deal?

Marveux up to his injury last season was (hopefully still is) quality, hes got incredible speed and a lethal left foot. I had completely forgotten about Wickham, definitely someone I would have at the Toon, but I'd not be best pleased with John O Shea, although he is a good utility player. I wasnt talking about Albeid at all, was talking about Cabaye, who definitely wont be in the reserves!

Im delighted we didnt sign Taylor, I fear, as you say, he was to come in as Jose's replacement, who will be gone by Aug, hopefully anyway. No point in having a player there who doesnt want to be there...get up to £10m would be nice!

Again, the £500k is Cabaye - Nolan sale. Just a rough figure of our outgoings on player fees. Yeah ye have made some decent signings, Wickham especially, had forgotten about him but I wouldnt rate O'Shea, Brown or Vaughan...not for a club that should be targeting at least top 8 this season.

Fair enough mate, good response. Can't criticise that, although I think O'Shea would be a massive improvement on Simpson for you.

Fair enough mate, good response. Can't criticise that, although I think O'Shea would be a massive improvement on Simpson for you.

Come to think of it....yes, poor ole Danny always gives 100% but hes not prem standard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭spudwiser

. Larsson (who rejected Newcastle in January)

minor correction - we had a bid accepted by birmingham(between 1m-1.5m IIRC) but then the moved the goalposts and wanted more

• Advertisement

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Nice job. Gallowgate is definitely my favourite part of the ground,went to the newcastle/spurs game last yr and choose to sit in the gallowgate,best decision i ever made!by far the noisiest part of the ground!

Clearly you havent been up in Leazes Level 7!! Dmind that crowd down in the Gallowgate Library! :P

Clearly you havent been up in Leazes Level 7!! Dmind that crowd down in the Gallowgate Library! :P

I was gonna go to the Leazes but Level 7 is gone now and I'm not sure where the ultra's are gonna be sitting now so I opted for the Gallowgate.

Was gonna go for the Milburn stand but it costs £58 a ticket. :eek::eek:

I was gonna go to the Leazes but Level 7 is gone now and I'm not sure where the ultra's are gonna be sitting now so I opted for the Gallowgate.

Was gonna go for the Milburn stand but it costs £58 a ticket. :eek::eek:

The ultras! haha, i used to always go to away games with them in my first year there on Toon Travel, gas lads. Theres talk of moving to the leazes corner. i presonally think everyone should move to the strawberry corner, join up with the gallowgate and make a canny big singing section. FCB wont mind either as he'll be pretty far away from the abuse. £58?? ouch! Well cushy though!

Nope never,wouldn't mind to now, was in lower leazes before and talk about a library there!!

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Nope never,wouldn't mind to now, was in lower leazes before and talk about a library there!!

Aye, poor enough there...no east stand though, thats the worst. Leazes end was mint when the away fans were in the corner, then they moved them and now theyve moved the home fans altogether...FCB getting too much abuse...poor lil fella...

Aye, poor enough there...no east stand though, thats the worst. Leazes end was mint when the away fans were in the corner, then they moved them and now theyve moved the home fans altogether...FCB getting too much abuse...poor lil fella...

He's after sticking a family section in Leazes Level 7... Right beside the travelling fans.

Numpty.

• Advertisement

Non season ticket holders/12th man members are banned from attending away games due to what happened at Darlington.

Punish the idiots who did it and not the entire fanbase.

The 12th man membership costs £25. No harm in turning it into a money making exercise while they're at. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Ben Arfa stretchered off after a bad challenge.....

Ben Arfa taken off on a stretcher..................grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Update on Ben Afra:

No ambulance. Has twisted ankle, not deemed a major problem. Precautionary

Desire. wrote: »
    Update on Ben Afra:

No ambulance. Has twisted ankle, not deemed a major problem. Precautionary

Fingers crossed for wor Hatem there like...
    Anyone got any sort of stream? this american radio sh*te .com linked up is muck....99% ads like :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement