Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Didn't deserve anything from this lets be honest. However I hope that we do not fade away now. Actually a shame we're not in FA cup would be something to play for. Saying that we do have a nice-ish run in. Our home games are Noirwich, Liverpool, Stoke, Bolton and City. All very winnable (while the City game isn't VERY winnable I'm confident we'll beat them). Games like Wigan and WBA away are winnable too. We can finish the season strongly yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Where the fcuk did 5 minutes of added time come from, absolutely raging here!

Where the fcuk did 5 minutes of added time come from, absolutely raging here!

I know seemed incredible but let's be honest we were lucky to be level going into injury time, how Gervinho missed that chance after 83 mins :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Glad we beat yous tonight but barring an Arsenal collapse I'll be cheering for yous in every match from here on in. Haven't followed Newcastle a lot this year but I think the fear and resulting set-up from the Spurs debacle meant yous were unlikely to get anything from this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

We probably didnt deserve anything out of tonight but AP set out with a gameplan of keeping it tight and maybe nicking a goal. I think it was the right thing to do away from home and I was happy enough with the line up. Obertan was just shocking and the sooner he went off the better.

Really disappointed with Cabaye tonight, I don't think he has played well since the Man U game. I am wondering is he a bit tired in his first season in the english league or is he just still not fit after the ban.

Thought Simpson had a great game tonight. He does have his critics but I do think his positional play and anticipation is really good and he deserves a better contract. Feel sorry for him with the injury leading up to the goal.

Tiote looked really up for it tonight and was solid enough and carried Cabaye for most of the game. Hopefully his injury is just a tight hamstring and he will be fine for Norwich.

Everyone else had solid games really, Ba worked tirelessly on his own up front. Colo and Willo were solid. Even Perch was good when he came on but I think he could have done more to initially stop Walcott at the end.

HBA was ok, looks great at times but I just don't think he is made for the english game.

Heads up and Bring on Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

bazual wrote: »
    We probably didnt deserve anything out of tonight but AP set out with a gameplan of keeping it tight and maybe nicking a goal. I think it was the right thing to do away from home and I was happy enough with the line up. Obertan was just shocking and the sooner he went off the better.

Really disappointed with Cabaye tonight, I don't think he has played well since the Man U game. I am wondering is he a bit tired in his first season in the english league or is he just still not fit after the ban.

Thought Simpson had a great game tonight. He does have his critics but I do think his positional play and anticipation is really good and he deserves a better contract. Feel sorry for him with the injury leading up to the goal.

Tiote looked really up for it tonight and was solid enough and carried Cabaye for most of the game. Hopefully his injury is just a tight hamstring and he will be fine for Norwich.

Everyone else had solid games really, Ba worked tirelessly on his own up front. Colo and Willo were solid. Even Perch was good when he came on but I think he could have done more to initially stop Walcott at the end.

HBA was ok, looks great at times but I just don't think he is made for the english game.

Heads up and Bring on Norwich.

Absolutely sickening to come that far and not get anything from the game,definsively we were solid,santon was exposed far too many times and pards made a good call getting him off,perch impressed me,I think he was turned once by walcott but thats to be expected. Wasn't impressed with Obertan at all,seems to constantly take one more touch than every other player which costs us,when he played in ben arfa for our goal,I thought it would be his night to shine but made really poor decisions all night.Good point about Cabaye,didn't seem to get into the game at all,he seems to have lost a bit of sharpeness since his 3 game ban.I'm hoping psychologically,the last minute goal wasn't too damaging.Anyway we move on,no excuses this sunday,I'm expecting 3 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

The one thing I have about Arsenal's last goal was that there must have been 5/6 Newcastle players in Arsenal's third when Simpson was taking the throw in.

Considering how lucky we were to be level, I have to question why so many players were that high up the pitch with just one minute to hang on. When we lost the ball, it left us stretched and wide open for Arsenal to take advantage.

Showing our naivety unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

TaosHum wrote: »
    The one thing I have about Arsenal's last goal was that there must have been 5/6 Newcastle players in Arsenal's third when Simpson was taking the throw in.

Considering how lucky we were to be level, I have to question why so many players were that high up the pitch with just one minute to hang on. When we lost the ball, it left us stretched and wide open for Arsenal to take advantage.

Showing our naivety unfortunately.
    Well I don't get what Simpson was doing. We had men up there, he had a chance to cross it into the box, why didn't he? Instead he tries to timewaste and then takes an absolutely crap throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

When we won the corner you could hear Pardew screaming no no no at someone who had gone up for the corner. I don't actually blame Simpson as much as Guthrie and Ameobi, these lads came on and should of had something left in the tank and we get caught out when the ball came in at the end..

Also disappointed in Cabaye and Santon showed some great promise but have really come off the boil in the last while. Perch probably deserves a spot after his 45mins.

• Advertisement

Ah, I thought Cabaye was good tonight. Ameobi was very good too. Should have had him on from the start in place of Obertan, really don't think Obertan should be in there.

I though Ben Arfa played well, he did a lot of running and tracking back which is what I think he needs to do to get into the team full time. Really hope he does because he showed tonight what he can do with that left foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

I just felt Cabaye wasnt getting on the ball as much as i thought he should, great to see HBA tracking and making tackles thought we pressed them very well. Pity Tiote had to come off as it wasted a sub on one of our better performers.. The ball seemed to stick to Ameobi, real good at holding up the play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We were second best all night to be fair. To lose it in the last minute like that was annoying as hell and tough to take. I thought it was a decent defensive performance even though we rode our luck an awful lot at times.

I don't want to single out anybody or criticise but merely make an observation.... Cabaye has been awful since he's come back from his suspension. Has offered us very little.

Not sure what the Krul/Van Persie thing was all about to be honest.

Don't agree with Cabaye offering nothing. He hasn't been great but I would still have him in ahead of anyone else. I really think that a draw last night would have been a huge confidence boost for everyone after the way they just battled.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

That_Guy wrote: »

Not sure what the Krul/Van Persie thing was all about to be honest.

Maybe Matt le Tissier hit the nail in the head when he said the dutch like their arguments!

It was about Krul taking too long to take his kicks. RVP after their last goal was telling him to slow down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Been a while!! Who ended up going to the mackems game last weekend??

On lastnight, thought we did well. Cabaye was non existent and yet again there was poor supply forward... Norwich next wk, Howay lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Bump.

Verdict for today? It's a game we should win but Norwich aren't a bad side and will take heart from thumping us early on in the season. Just have a feeling it will be a draw.
    Am going to ask early if there's any channel streams to avoid scrambling for one at 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

some finish by Cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Cake Man wrote: »
    some finish by Cisse

Top notch finish from the man - great to see him scoring. Could've have a couple other as well.

Lived dangerously in the end but got away with it.

Ameobi very impressive when he came on!

Delighted with that result today and especially to keep clean sheet. Didnt see any of the game so lookin forward to motd2 tonight. Even better when I had a Man U/Chelsea/Newcastle treble on paddy power.

• Advertisement

Didn't see the game lads but just saw Cisse's goal there. Brilliant finish. Cisse looks the business.

Excellent piece on our finances by The Swiss Ramble.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Anyone here know where to get next season's jersey or when will it be on sale?

Thanks

Anyone here know where to get next season's jersey or when will it be on sale?

Thanks

They usually wear the new jersey at the last home game of the season.
    Probably on sale at the end of May I'd say.

---

Good results for us last night. 5 points clear of Liverpool, 1 point behind Chelsea. Need to beat West Brom on Sunday. Chelsea play Spurs on Saturday so a Spurs win would be an excellent result for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Classy man is Pardew:

AonNVn1CMAMxH3s.jpg

On another subject, how do you lads think you'll get on in the Premier League next season with the Europa League games to contend with?

Classy man is Pardew:
    You do know that caption which was made up, and is actually on Zoo magazine? ;)
    Paully D wrote: »
    AonNVn1CMAMxH3s.jpg

On another subject, how do you lads think you'll get on in the Premier League next season with the Europa League games to contend with?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Classy man is Pardew:

AonNVn1CMAMxH3s.jpg

you dont really think that that kind of thing doesn't happen all the time do ya???

We are nowhere near guaranteed europa league football. We realistically need to finish 5th or 6th behind liverpool, neither of which is likely at this stage

Doocey wrote: »
    Classy man is Pardew:
    You do know that caption which was made up, and is actually on Zoo magazine? ;)

I know it's a feature on Zoo magazine and I also know it isn't made up. A lip-reading expert has being doing that feature for years now.

M5 wrote: »
    you dont really think that that kind of thing doesn't happen all the time do ya???

We are nowhere near guaranteed europa league football. We realistically need to finish 5th or 6th behind liverpool, neither of which is likely at this stage

I can't recall something similar happening "all the time" anyway. Maybe once in a while but not as frequently as you're suggesting at all and especially not in the middle of the game in front of everyone.

You'll get the Europa League spot now no problem by the way.

I can't recall something similar happening "all the time" anyway. Maybe once in a while but not as frequently as you're suggesting at all and especially not in the middle of the game in front of everyone.

You'll get the Europa League spot now no problem by the way.

Ah come on Paully, happens so regularly. Almost every single contentious decision draws a reaction from the bench!

• Advertisement

Paully when's your birthday. Think the fellow mags in this thread should do a whip around and get you next season's jersey. ;)

Paully when's your birthday. Think the fellow mags in this thread should do a whip around and get you next season's jersey. ;)

I'll pay for the Ameobi printing on the back ;)

As for lip reading expert; does the title not say it all?

Tomorrow's game has just become huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

I know it's a feature on Zoo magazine and I also know it isn't made up. A lip-reading expert has being doing that feature for years now.

Wow. A 'lip-reading expert' on Zoo?

How dare we even question those credentials. Who's mammaries was that article printed next to, by the way?

I need some financial advice, I was thinking of reading Loaded or Nuts. What do you think?

Tomorrow's game has just become huge.

If we win our next two games 6th place is assured IMO

XI:
    Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Perch, Jonas, Guthrie, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse.

Subs:
    Ferguson, Abeid, Gosling, Elliot, Santon, Vuckic, Ameobi

Glad to see Ben arfa starting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Raoul wrote: »
    Glad to see Ben arfa starting again.

got a nice goal for himself too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just wondering how confident Newcastle fans are of keeping players. Some absolutely terrific player mind.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Just wondering how confident Newcastle fans are of keeping players. Some absolutely terrific player mind.

We will lose a couple, I'd say. Part and parcel of football. My bets are on Tiote, Ba and maybe Ben Arfa.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ba going, but saying that will clubs be willing to sign such an injury prone player? Could see him joining Chelsea though. With Cisse in top form and looking like a top class signing Ba leaving wouldn't be terrible. Could well sign a new striker in summer too. HBA might go but that wouldn't be the end of the world by any stretch. Actually think Tiote will stay. Don't think he'd be suited to the top 2 in the prem really, and its either that or go abroad I feel. Remember with a chance of European football next season and an absolutely huge season this year, I think we will certainly be able to attract many players as well as hold onto key players too.

427898_348995095152668_161261870592659_1087003_88718070_n.jpg

:)

Happy Days with the result today. Really did not think that we would do it but outstanding first half display from the front 3. Roll on the pool, Colo will be badly missed especially against Suarez, Tiote might be back for a man marking job on him though. Would love to see us line out like the below and have a real go at them.

Krul
    Simps
    Willo----Perch--Jonas--
    -HBA
    Guthrie--Tiote--Cabaye-
    Cisse---Ba

As for the lip reading stuff, did that same lip reader manage to find out what Bardsley said at the end as well Paully?? Or is it just Newcastle and Pardew you are fascinated with ;)

As for holding on to players, I reckon Tiote will be going to Chelski in the Summer. Probably get about 15 mill for him. If they can offer Ba a little more than the 50k a week, I think he might stay with Papiss.
    Erik Pieters will hopefully come in at left back for around 5 mill and Benjamin Corgnet will hopefully come in for another 5 mill along with Romain Amalfitano on a free in the next month or so. Carr will find another gem to replace Tiote no doubt.

bazual wrote: »
    As for the lip reading stuff, did that same lip reader manage to find out what Bardsley said at the end as well Paully?? Or is it just Newcastle and Pardew you are fascinated with ;)

As for holding on to players, I reckon Tiote will be going to Chelski in the Summer. Probably get about 15 mill for him.

I presume you mean Cattermole as he was the one sent-off at the end? No idea what he said but as he was sent off for ''foul and abusive language'' then that gives an idea. Big difference between a player, and a manager who you would, at the very least, expect to conduct himself with a small bit of dignity and class though.

Tiote only going for around £15m? When I claimed he wouldn't go for any more than that over the last few months I've been laughed at. The figures branded about on this thread were touching around £250m the last time I checked ;)

I presume you mean Cattermole as he was the one sent-off at the end? No idea what he said but as he was sent off for ''foul and abusive language'' then that gives an idea. Big difference between a player, and a manager who you would, at the very least, expect to conduct himself with a small bit of dignity and class though.

Tiote only going for around £15m? When I claimed he wouldn't go for any more than that over the last few months I've been laughed at. The figures branded about on this thread were touching around £250m the last time I checked ;)

Oh yeah it was Cattermole, all ye mackems look the same lol. Considering the travesties that happened in the game I am not surprised Pardew did what he did, there may be more than meets the eye in that one as well if there was a camera in the dugout the whole match.

15m is the minimum figure I would think for Tiote. He cost 3.5 with probably a million or so for fees etc. Then that 5 year contract cost a few million I would imagine so I suppose he has cost us about 7million or so in total so far.
    He will be 26 next season hitting his prime so Ashley will prob want a 10 mill profit or so at least and will probably ask for 15 profit making it 22 million or so. If we get 20, I would be happy, if we keep him I would be delighted but someone I think will have to go if Pardew wants to bring players in.

• Advertisement

Tioté will for at least £25m in my eyes - long term contract to buy out, and still a young lad.

Whoever is desperate enough to sign him, will pay over the odds; simple as that.

And we'll be happy to invest tidbits of it in young foreign gems :)

Why would he leave when he will be playing champions league football next year? :cool:

Ah now.

Might be a bold statement but:

Ben Arfa = Ginola

tumblr_m1hpazjmeN1qz7guco1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement