Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Let's be under no illusions. Stoke were awful. They'll really struggle next year unless they improve drastically.

Think they're just on the beach already really, as are the majority of teams who are safe but have no chance of getting European football.

I'm not a fan of them at all though and would absolutely love to see them go down, but I think they'll bully their way to enough points at home to finish mid-table again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Paully D wrote: »
    Think they're just on the beach already really, as are the majority of teams who are safe but have no chance of getting European football.

I'm not a fan of them at all though and would absolutely love to see them go down, but I think they'll bully their way to enough points at home to finish mid-table again.

They weren't on the beach they were just taking a day off so they could be 100% to put it up to Arsenal next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Actually, I've just looked at your remaining fixtures and they are quite tough! Still good to be in the mix. 4 teams competing for 2 spots and anything could happen still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Remaining Fixtures, a win and 3 draws just might be enough, 4 wins even better though :D

Arsenal (65)|Newcastle (62)|Spurs (59)|Chelsea (58)
    X|Wigan (a)|Blackburn (h)| QPR (h)
    Stoke (a)| Chelsea (a)|Bolton (a)| Newcastle (h)
    Norwich (h)| Man City (h)|Villa (a)| Liverpool (a)
    West Brom (a)| Everton (a)| Fulham (h)| Blackburn (h)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Win your next two and I think you's will get fourth. With the form Spurs are in that game against Chelsea could decide it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

bazual wrote: »
    Remaining Fixtures, a win and 3 draws just might be enough, 4 wins even better though :D

Arsenal (65)|Newcastle (62)|Spurs (59)|Chelsea (59)

Love it if Newcastle and Chelsea got the spots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Arsenal (65)|Newcastle (62)|Spurs (59)|Chelsea (59)
    Chelsea game is really huge considering how tough the last two are. I really hope Newcastle make it, don't care who else makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Love it if Newcastle and Chelsea got the spots!

No way Arsenal will be outside top 4. Ye definitely have to beat Newcastle.

Chelsea are not on 59 pts, 58

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

All I'm saying is - we have the ability to get 12 points from those remaining games.

Wigan will be tough, and if we lose there then it's a tough task.

We're playing with absolute no pressure at the minute and going into unknown territory - it's been a truly unbelievable season so far.

I think we can beat Wigan though, and Chelsea away from home - we'll have a good idea then what the Top 4 will be!

HTL

Just seen that pass from Cabaye :eek:

Laughable that we paid a similar fee for Craig Gardner. Perfect example of why clubs, for the most part, shouldn't bother buying homegrown talent when there's better players for the same price, or less, abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Just seen that pass from Cabaye :eek:

Laughable that we paid a similar fee for Craig Gardner. Perfect example of why clubs, for the most part, shouldn't bother buying homegrown talent when there's better players for the same price, or less, abroad.

He was head and shoulders above any player on the park today(even if you discount the goals), pinging balls around all day, been a while since he had a game like that

M5 wrote: »
    He was head and shoulders above any player on the park today(even if you discount the goals), pinging balls around all day, been a while since he had a game like that

Aye, a few weeks ago I was thinking he had faded and maybe the intensity of a full Premier League season had got to him a bit, but then he pulls a performance like that out of the bag today.

Amazed that other clubs didn't notice him when at Lille. Newcastle did the right thing though, scouted him and moved very, very quickly to get a deal done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Aye, a few weeks ago I was thinking he had faded and maybe the intensity of a full Premier League season had got to him a bit, but then he pulls a performance like that out of the bag today.

Amazed that other clubs didn't notice him when at Lille. Newcastle did the right thing though, scouted him and moved very, very quickly to get a deal done.

Bit of a coup alright... Hopefully we unearth another gem or 2 this year and dont sell too many!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4th... Fúcking hell lads. 4th!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hope yiz get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Colo makes team of the year! Delighted for him. Great year for him

Colo makes team of the year! Delighted for him. Great year for him

As much as I hate saying it you should have had at least 2 more players on it too.

As much as I hate saying it you should have had at least 2 more players on it too.

It's a joke of a list anyway.

Dempsey, Holt, Sigurdsson, Graham are for more deserving of a place than one or two imo.

• Advertisement

Sessegnon should have made it too. Cabaye in the middle aswell. Perhaps Krul in goal. Ah it's a joke but nice to see Colo recognised

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's a joke of a list anyway.

Dempsey, Holt, Sigurdsson, Graham are for more deserving of a place than one or two imo.
    It's pretty much a joke of a list every year.

awec wrote: »
    It's pretty much a joke of a list every year.

It's just the time in which they vote for players because it doesn't tell the full story. It shouldn't be that hard or complicated to do the nominations at the start of April when the season is winding down.

But anyway... Apparently 4,500 tickets have been sold for the Wigan game on Saturday for Newcastle fans. Crazy.

Our under 18's won their league today. Bright future I hope.

Signed, sealed and delivered lads.

Another Frenchman!

Anyone know anything about Amalfitano?

Pieters will surely be signed in the summer too!

But anyway... Apparently 4,500 tickets have been sold for the Wigan game on Saturday for Newcastle fans. Crazy.

Come back to me when you take almost double that down there during the week for a Championship game ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

How long til other clubs try to tap up players that are in negotiations with Newcastle?
    The Papiss Cisse transfer was practically tied up before anybody knew about it.

Come back to me when you take almost double that down there during the week for a Championship game ;) :P

Come back when you're fighting for a Champions League place! :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone know anything about Amalfitano?

Pieters will surely be signed in the summer too!

Who is he and what's his position?

Doocey wrote: »
    Signed, sealed and delivered lads.

Another Frenchman!

There's two Amalfitino's I think. We tried to sign the other one last summer but he ended up staying in France and joining Marseille. Never seen this one play but after seeing how well other signings have done I wouldn't back against Carr having unearthed another gem.

Out of interest lads, what ever happened to that Marveaux? Is he still alive? I haven't heard anything of him in ages but he was highly rated when you signed him.
    Doocey wrote: »
    Come back when you're fighting for a Champions League place! :pac:

Jesus. We'll be waiting a while for that :pac:

Bad result for you tonight mind. If Chelsea win the CL then 4th doesn't get a CL place.

Out of interest lads, what ever happened to that Marveaux? Is he still alive? I haven't heard anything of him in ages but he was highly rated when you signed him.

He got sliced in half by Heitinga earlier in the season. Pity because he looked great that game.
    Bad result for you tonight mind. If Chelsea win the CL then 4th doesn't get a CL place.

Didn't you get the memo? We're going for 3rd. ;)

Who is he and what's his position?

French player playing for Reims. Don't know much about him tbh he's a midfield player looks a done deal.

Pieters is a Dutch International left back, and will start in the Euro's it seems. Will be interesting to see how he plays for one of the favourites. Seems almost a done deal tbh. Him, Simpson , Saylor and Colo would be a nice looking backline.

He's out with a groin injury I think. Haven't had much chance to see what he can do. Perhaps next season he can develop into a good player.

Can't see Chelsea winning that final tbh. But it would be heartbreaking if they won and we got 4th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Santon would surely displace Simpson if Pieters came.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

For yer sakes I hope Bayern/Real stuff Chelsea in the final. Would be the biggest injustice ever if ye finish 4th but get it robbed away from those plastics and that poxy Uefa rule..

• Advertisement

Fowler87 wrote: »
    For yer sakes I hope Bayern/Real stuff Chelsea in the final. Would be the biggest injustice ever if ye finish 4th but get it robbed away from those plastics and that poxy Uefa rule..

Tbf you couldn't begrudge them a place in it if they win it :D But it would be sickening alright. Why there can't be a 5th team in such circumstances is annoying tbh

G.K. wrote: »
    Santon would surely displace Simpson if Pieters came.

Could well. But look it'll be great to have greater depth especially as we'll be in Europe. Most of the squad could have a huge role to play next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anybody know where you can actually get this?

'Arry's in denial.

Just on SSN there.

"We're still sitting in fourth place".

Paddy Power haz mad photoshop skillz.

ArZjrH4CAAIYDc5.jpg

• Advertisement

Marveaux and Obertan back in training.

Not fussed about Obertan but interested to see Marveaux back involved. Looked handy against Everton before he got injured.

Marveaux and Obertan back in training.

Not fussed about Obertan but interested to see Marveaux back involved. Looked handy against Everton before he got injured.

He has lots of talent but seems very brittle

amiable wrote: »
    He has lots of talent but seems very brittle

Can't really comment on how brittle he is but he got halved by Heitinga that day. Pity because he looked great. Solid touch and his crossing was fantastic.

Nice to have players coming back in at the right time. Bench seems to be getting stronger by the week.

Can't really comment on how brittle he is but he got halved by Heitinga that day. Pity because he looked great. Solid touch and his crossing was fantastic.

Nice to have players coming back in at the right time. Bench seems to be getting stronger by the week.

I'm going on his time in France too when I say brittle. His injury record has been terrible.
    Big push now til the end of the season for you guys.
    One game at a time obviously but no reason why you can't win all your games

amiable wrote: »
    I'm going on his time in France too when I say brittle. His injury record has been terrible.
    Big push now til the end of the season for you guys.
    One game at a time obviously but no reason why you can't win all your games

Well it starts tomorrow against Wigan this is the crucial game imo anything less than 3 pts and hate to say it but it's not looking great. Three very tough games to come after

I think we'll win tomorrow but it won't be an easy game methinks. We're in form, playing some great stuff and I think quality will prevail for us.

1-0

Krul

Simpson --- Colo --- Willo --- Santon

Ben Arfa --- Cabaye --- Tiote --- Jonas

Cisse --- Ba

As you were.

Wigan are hitting some good form and are performing quite well as of late but I think we have superior quality. Helps when everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Newcastle to win 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Nervous as hell before every game these days.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Nervous as hell before every game these days.

Crunch time. This will be a tough fixture but Chelsea, Man City and Everton are even tougher.

Win today and get something from Chelsea and I may just start to believe that we can Champions League.... Well hopefully if Chelsea lose Champions League final.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement