Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

wolves can do it, why cant we

This is hillarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Were turning into Liverpool now the amount of times we are hitting the post lol

Why take off HBA?

Saving him for the Chelsea game?

I suppose we are not gonna score 4, saving HBA for Chelski?

Well we gave it a good shot, towel has been thrown in though

Nothing you can do on a day like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

M5 wrote: »
    Well we gave it a good shot, towel has been thrown in though

Nothing you can do on a day like this

In fairness to them, they didn't role over, I was expecting 6/7 when that 4th goal went in.

Could have got a goal or two back, but on a day like today, even Papiss was out of sorts.

We have clearly have been told to get the foot off the gas, nothing doing since the HBA sub

Remaining fixtures, and my guess at the bottom we finish 5th but you never know...........

Arsenal (66)|Newcastle (62)|Spurs (59)|Chelsea (58)
    X|X|Blackburn (h)| QPR (h)
    X| Chelsea (a)|Bolton (a)| Newcastle (h)
    Norwich (h)| Man City (h)|Villa (a)| Liverpool (a)
    West Brom (a)| Everton (a)| Fulham (h)| Blackburn (h)
    .|.|.|.
    72|66|67|63

Ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolute shíte. Dunno what Pardew was doing tactics wise for the first half. Don't fookin' change what's been working FFS.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Absolute shíte. Dunno what Pardew was doing tactics wise for the first half. Don't fookin' change what's been working FFS.

Same tactics as the Stoke game surely!

Anyway we were blown away by a team who had every single facet of the game go for them. Nothing you can do when it goes like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

sometimes you have to change thigs during games. A system that beats one team won't always beat another.

True that lads. Though we should've been changing it early on. We were completely outdone by their movement.

G.K you're a mod now?? Unlucky pal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I had a feeling something ridiculous was likely to happen today.

The minute we would be under pressure to perform for 4th place, we would crumble.

The same happened during the middle of the season. It was right "Right, we've made a great start. Can we keep up the pace?" Then the losses started piling up and we dropped off until our recent run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I had a feeling something ridiculous was likely to happen today.

The minute we would be under pressure to perform for 4th place, we would crumble.

The same happened during the middle of the season. It was right "Right, we've made a great start. Can we keep up the pace?" Then the losses started piling up and we dropped off until our recent run.

:rolleyes:

Stoke last week?

We were destroyed by a team who were much hungrier than us for the 90 minutes.
    Realistically, we could've scored three or so in the second half.

Wasn't to be - not getting too downhearted by a defeat to these. They have beaten Arsenal, Liverpool, United remember ;)

Takes the pressure off us a little ahead of our London duel :)

Keep the faith. it's Europe either way ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Have to say, the minute Pardrew (and others) started going on about how unfair it would be if Chelsea win the CL and theres no 4th spot, I kinda knew it wouldnt be as straight forward as being made out

3rd and 4th still up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Have to say, the minute Pardrew (and others) started going on about how unfair it would be if Chelsea win the CL and theres no 4th spot, I kinda knew it wouldnt be as straight forward as being made out

3rd and 4th still up for grabs

You are always changing your mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Doocey wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Stoke last week?

We were destroyed by a team who were much hungrier than us for the 90 minutes.
    Realistically, we could've scored three or so in the second half.

Wasn't to be - not getting too downhearted by a defeat to these. They have beaten Arsenal, Liverpool, United remember ;)

Takes the pressure off us a little ahead of our London duel :)

Keep the faith. it's Europe either way ;)
    Stoke have been dire away from home this season.

It's not over yet but you cannot deny that it's a shocking result to lose by 4 to Wigan. Hats off to them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Cisse what a signing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Goal of the season. He looks to be limping now but hopefully he'll be ok for Sunday!

Looks to be limping at the end there. Whatever about missing Tiote for Sunday, we really cant afford to lose Cisse.

Tiote has a broken cheek bone, mask for the weekend if he makes it at all

Goals aside, that was fookin' filthy from Mikel on Tiote.

Update from @lee_ryder
    Tiote injury not as bad as first feared

Tiote has cut on forehead

• Advertisement

What a season, no words can describe it...........

Regardless of the last 2 results to be on 65 points fighting for a champions league spot is surreal. I fancied us as bottom half fodder at the start of the season with an unknown Cabaye looking shaky in pre-season and a dodgy left winger from West Ham in Ba but look at us now.

Every signing this season has been fantastic for us, even Obertan, he played his part at the start of the season. Marveaux injury prone but had moments. Everyone else has been fantastic.

More than anything else though the team spirit has won us about 30 of those points and the way the player fight for each other is something I have never seen Newcastle players do even in our Keegan hay day.

Trying to pick our best player this season is impossible but I would have it whittled down to 2 players, Colo or Jonas both players have shown what it means to play for Newcastle Utd and the work rate of both is immense. I know Krul, Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote etc have all had great seasons but really only in spells, the 2 above are the ones for me that make me proud to support Newcastle.

Here's to Sunday lads, with nothing to lose anything is achievable.....now where did I leave that bottle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭chimpo85

Havent been on here in ages, not since the mackem game anyways....

Cissé...WOW!! Two of the finest strikes ive ever seen, the 2nd one was just insane!! HTL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'm a UTD fan. I've never posted in this thread before, never had real reason too until tonight.

Just had to say, Cisse. Wow. That second goal, my god. He has scored some special goals since you signed him, and lots of them but his second was beyond special. It was an impossible shot.

You are lucky to have him.

Cherish him, he is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

As a City fan, I hope Cisse misses the next game. He could destroy our title hopes :( Signing of the season without a doubt

156147_10150859845543899_70499083898_11599617_1295738881_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

untitled-8zjkh2.gif

Actually reminds me of the Banana goals you could score on sensible soccer :)

Ar61AQICIAIvyQ5.jpg

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

No sign of paully today sticking his big orr in, wonder why? Must be hard for the lads watching us beat chelsea away scoring loads of goals while they struggle against wolves and bolton:pac::pac:

Listening to Tony Gayle last night going on about how much we'd possibly sell our players for in the summer..

What the fúck is that all about? We're not a bloody selling club and if we do sell it's getting rid of the dead wood. We've bought in quality and I trust Carr and the scouting staff that we will continue to do the same to build around what we have.

Read in an article this morning that "we'd be lucky to keep Cissé if we don't get into the Champions League"

Utter bollocks.

Listening to Tony Gayle last night going on about how much we'd possibly sell our players for in the summer..

What the fúck is that all about? We're not a bloody selling club and if we do sell it's getting rid of the dead wood. We've bought in quality and I trust Carr and the scouting staff that we will continue to do the same to build around what we have.

Read in an article this morning that "we'd be lucky to keep Cissé if we don't get into the Champions League"

Utter bollocks.

To be fair - every club is a selling club. If bigger clubs come in, with big offers - players will be sold. It makes financial sense for the seller, especially in times like these.

With that said, we'll receive a lot of revenue this year from both Europe and our final league position which Ashley will be very happy about.

I'm sure we'll field some calls over our players, but you an be guaranteed that it'll be only a third the amount of calls we'll make to other clubs.
    Jacob Butterfield is as good as here or so I'm told and Douglas the FC Twente defender should be over the line in good time too.

In all honesty, at the minute, the 'bigger' clubs aren't that appealing for some of our stars.

United - won't look for many of ours I would think.
    City - They'll buy even bigger players
    Arsenal - They'll look elsewhere (Podolski)
    Spurs - Nothing in it between us and them, we could take em next season
    Chelsea - Have a look at the league, they're relying on the CL.

With all that said - still recovering from that game last night. Would give anything to go back and be in that away end.
    As well as that, a deep think about it last night - we absolutely controlled the game in fairness. Chelsea never really have a clear cut chance besides Santon off the line. Krul had a very easy night. Our defenders were sublime.

The victory was made that bit nicer by having dosh on the 6/1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, I hope we don't lose too many of the lads, most are only in so hoping that they'll stay as they're only in the door.
    Saying that, I have faith that the scouting team could fill most gaps if some of the lads were sold (can see bids for Tiote, Cabaye and the 2 front lads) for big money again. But hoping they stay and prove this wasn't a fluke.
    Great result, lets keep it going and finish strong for that CL spot:D

Thing is though - we honestly have the ability to beat them all.
    Stoke are very beatable - would be a travesty if we lost that everything considered.
    Wigan are just Wigan - there for the taking or sublime.
    Chelsea have been far from impressive at home.
    City can be taken when up against a solid midfield.
    And Everton are a tough outfit, but we have a back four to keep them out, and a forward line to punish them.

It's all about the 3 points against Stoke though for now!

Still on track these!

Tiote being able to start Sunday will be massive. Hopefully we have a right go at City, see how well they perform with the pressure of winning a title hanging over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i just found this ridiculously funny.

Steve Claridge's initial reaction to Cissé's wonder goal the other night...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Didn't get to post after match was out celebrating but what a result and 2 absolute sublime goals from Cisse. Didn't see us getting anything but we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. City will be very tough and it's all or nothing for them. Spurs seemed to have gotten back to winning ways and have two very nice fixtures so can't see them being beaten to fourth regardless but what a season it has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I've put 20 euro on you lads winning both halfs against Man City this weekened, hope Cisse and Co. work their magic this weekend.

I've put 20 euro on you lads winning both halfs against Man City this weekened, hope Cisse and Co. work their magic this weekend.

I don't even think Doocey's that confident. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

New away jersey is red, nicer that this years i think. Might see it against Everton.

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=page&page=splash&menu=menu&suppress_header=yes

I like the jersey.
    Found this quite amusing too: :D

AsEDweCCIAI_MGo.jpg

I don't even think Doocey's that confident. :pac:

You'd be right! :pac:

All depends on what odds the man got though! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

You'd be right! :pac:

All depends on what odds the man got though! :cool:

22/1!

22/1!

Ah well, that's defo worth a tenner!

We do tend to score a fair few first half goals - especially at home, and grab one or two in the second.

22/1 very good considering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just popped in to offer my support for Newcastle this weekend.Another Cisse goal & Ba to end his drought in a win for the Toon will do nicely.

• Advertisement

Ah well, that's defo worth a tenner!

Give me the tenner. I'll spend it more wisely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement