Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

That_Guy wrote: »
    Give me the tenner. I'll spend it more wisely.

Exactly. Worth a tenner my arse, we are playing the current best team in the league.

Will be intriguing as both teams need to win at all costs really. Although I've a feeling Mackems might take points off United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Doocey wrote: »
    I like the jersey.
    Found this quite amusing too: :D

AsEDweCCIAI_MGo.jpg

This pretty much guarantees i'll be buying this shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Exactly. Worth a tenner my arse, we are playing the current best team in the league.

Will be intriguing as both teams need to win at all costs really. Although I've a feeling Mackems might take points off United

We also went to London and beat a team that could be crowned the finest in Europe in a few weeks time...

Anything is possible, and above any other season - you cannot rule out anything concerning Newcastle United.

Maybe not a tenner though, a fiver perhaps! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We also went to London and beat a team that could be crowned the finest in Europe in a few weeks time...

Anything is possible, and above any other season - you cannot rule out anything concerning Newcastle United.

Maybe not a tenner though, a fiver perhaps! :pac:

Damn you Doocey and your positivity. I wish I weren't a doom mongering bollocks. :pac:

If we somehow win tomorrow all we'll need is a win at Everton to secure a top 4 spot. Huge slice of fortune for us today. May not even need to win both games, given Arsenal's propensity to drop a bollocks.

Can't wait for tomorrow either way. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

203763.jpg

New statue unveiled!

@dembabafoot
    Hello paul smith, from the sun! Before writing on the paper please make sure thats me talking to you mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

M5 wrote: »
    Haha that's class what did they say he said?

Haha that's class what did they say he said?

linky

Ba-rilliant. ;)

So nervous about today.

• Advertisement

Ba-rilliant. ;)

So nervous about today.

Was biting the remainder of my nails yesterday during the Arsenal game! Better go and buy chewing gum!

Getting off night shift at 5am, KO at 5.30, cans in hand :)

Really dont know what to expect today!

Was biting the remainder of my nails yesterday during the Arsenal game! Better go and buy chewing gum!

Getting off night shift at 5am, KO at 5.30, cans in hand :)

Really dont know what to expect today!

Fans will be well up for it. I can see the atmosphere being like the Liverpool game. Need to scare the absolute shíte out of them.

Have a feeling Ben Arfa will be well up for it given it was against them that he suffered that awful injury.

The only positive thing is that City haven't travelled particularly well this season. Big incentive for both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Match thread getting started yet? I would but I am only a Newcastle fan for the day so wouldn't feel right :)

Fans will be well up for it. I can see the atmosphere being like the Liverpool game. Need to scare the absolute shíte out of them.

Have a feeling Ben Arfa will be well up for it given it was against them that he suffered that awful injury.

The only positive thing is that City haven't travelled particularly well this season. Big incentive for both teams.

Its actually incredible to contemplate that a win would leave us one win away from a CL place, granted Chelsea could screw that up. I'm genuinely pinching myself!

If our players perform to the very top of their game or Man City perform below their best we have a chance!

Lets have an early goal for NUFC, settle things down nicely!

Its actually incredible to contemplate that a win would leave us one win away from a CL place, granted Chelsea could screw that up. I'm genuinely pinching myself!

If our players perform to the very top of their game or Man City perform below their best we have a chance!

Lets have an early goal for NUFC, settle things down nicely!

Whatever happens, it has been an incredible season. We have some serious momentum on our side. City do too of course but you never know what could happen.

Here's hoping for a positive result.

@CissePapiss
    let's get ready to rumble @antanddec can't wait for kick off haway the lads toon toon "

Players getting into the spirit too :)

Cannot wait for today! Statue looks brilliant as well.

Glad to see this as well:
    AsNDr10CEAAJ4Rg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Actually couldn't sleep properly last night thinking about the game. An early goal and we could definitely have this. Regardless, it's been an incredible season. We have a special group of players at the minute and long may it continue! Howay. 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Statue looks brilliant as well.

Has it been booed and spat on yet?

Paully D wrote: »
    Has it been booed and spat on yet?

you have a poor view of your chairman, even with ties to Sunderland i doubt he would do that!

• Advertisement

203789.jpg

Great season lads, far better than even Doocey expected! Very unlikely we will get CL now but Europa league is a massive achievement for us!

Fingers crossed we get a break on the last day!

No shame in that defeat. I am immensely proud of the lads and they fully deserve every plaudit they get.

City had too much for us today. Great side.

Still in with a chance, albeit slim. If we win and either Arsenal or spurs loose we are in

No complaints with that City loss, beaten by a better team: the best team in the league.

Good to see Ferguson get some playing time, and a great lap of honour too. Truly was a lap of honour as well! :)

Top 4 still in sights, let the fun commence at Goodison :D

Pity about the result but City outplayed us and ran out deserved victors. Absolutely amazing season from us. So so proud. Each one to a man can hold their head up high.

4th and even 3rd are still there for us but there is absolutely no shame in Europa League football. Huge achievement and great to see everybody pulling in the same direction.

Fantastic season.

Have a listen to Yaya Toure's interview - I found it hilarious.

Especially from 1.10 on or so :pac:

Wow what a season. Most likely won't get top 4 but still am over the moon with progress. Looking at the prediction thread at start of year a few had us down to be relegated!

Delighted to be back in Europe. Watched every uefa cup game in 07 and can't wait to see us on the box during the week nights again ;).

Still not giving up hope of fourth but either way every member of the squad and management can be delighted with their efforts.

Think today shows how football is a funny ol game. Shola was on the score-sheet only for a heroic block by Richards. City came down the field and scored. Now we deserved to lose over the 90 tbf but small things can really change games

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

The race for third & fourth is definitely not over yet, Fulhams current form is quite good, three wins in four, Spurs havent been especially good recently either so there's a good chance they could drop points at home against them.

Arsenal were extremely shakey against Norwich & I could see them dropping points down at the Hawthorn but I still think they will get a draw which should be enough for them to finish in the top four considering their goal difference.

All in all, the lads can go hell for leather against Everton now knowing there's no pressure on them & they have nothing to lose. This season has definitely been one to remember:) GO ON THE TOON

leonidas83 wrote: »
    The race for third & fourth is definitely not over yet, Fulhams current form is quite good, three wins in four, Spurs havent been especially good recently either so there's a good chance they could drop points at home against them.

Arsenal were extremely shakey against Norwich & I could see them dropping points down at the Hawthorn but I still think they will get a draw which should be enough for them to finish in the top four considering their goal difference.

All in all, the lads can go hell for leather against Everton now knowing there's no pressure on them & they have nothing to lose. This season has definitely been one to remember:) GO ON THE TOON

Neither Fulham nor WBA have anything to play for (Bar league position), Everton may need a point to guarantee bragging rights on Mersyside...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Neither Fulham nor WBA have anything to play for (Bar league position), Everton may need a point to guarantee bragging rights on Mersyside...

Neither did Norwich on Saturday against Arsenal when they came from 3-2 down with ten minutes to go or Everton really when there were 4-2 down against Manu with hardly any time left either.

I wouldnt underestimate the unpredictability of the PL especially this season:)

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Neither did Norwich on Saturday against Arsenal when they came from 3-2 down with ten minutes to go or Everton really when there were 4-2 down against Manu with hardly any time left either.

I wouldnt underestimate the unpredictability of the PL especially this season:)

Last day of the season is unlikely to earn you a bollocking from your manager though! But point taken, all hope is not lost

Last day of the season is a tough one. Very often the teams with nothing to play for seem to lose/perform poorly. It's simply because they're on the beach as such and after a long hard season won't exactly be straining themselves to the max for lack of a more apt expression. Everton do have something to play for though and are a great side at home. But my worry is that WBA and Fulham will be just turning up and won't be at their best. Saying that the former will want to put on one last show in their manager's last game.

Either way we have to go out and win in Goodison and let the other results take care of themselves. As with relegation I'm sure there'll be a twist somewhere.

Ben Arfa in with a shot of making the France squad I see. Best of luck to him, he deserves it. Could be a real wild card for them.

Juve are tracking Ben Arfa according to the bastion of football knowledge The Mirror and the club have had to deny that Cisse issued a ''come and get me'' plea to Real Madrid tonight:

Iain Macintosh ‏ @iainmacintosh
    Newcastle release press statement furiously refuting claims that Papiss Cisse has issued a 'come and get me plea' to Real Madrid.

"The player is completely committed to NUFC...and the matter is now in the hands of the player's legal representatives."

Juve are tracking Ben Arfa according to the bastion of football knowledge The Mirror and the club have had to deny that Cisse issued a ''come and get me'' plea to Real Madrid tonight:

Newcastle release press statement furiously refuting claims that Papiss Cisse has issued a 'come and get me plea' to Real Madrid.

"The player is completely committed to NUFC...and the matter is now in the hands of the player's legal representatives."

Will hear every single one of our players linked with everyone with our record of selling.

• Advertisement

Good to see you're tracking everything NUFC.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Will hear every single one of our players linked with everyone with our record of selling.

All of our players will also be extremely overpriced though which is a good thing. Imagine how much money we would get for Cisse right now.

Leon Best and Danny Simpson have supposedly been told they can leave.

I figured as much when Simpson missed a couple of games with an ankle injury. We have seen that before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Surprised at Best been let go. Granted he hasn't played in a while, I'd still have him over Lovenkrands and possibly Ameobi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Possibly as Pardew knows they won't get get gametime next season and wants to give them that opportunity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Duff wrote: »
    Surprised at Best been let go. Granted he hasn't played in a while, I'd still have him over Lovenkrands and possibly Ameobi.

Best probably isnt happy to be sitting on the bench unlike lovenkrands and ameobi.

To put some reality on it all:

Leon Best is a good striker, but wouldn't get near the first-team, with a fully fit forward line. He wants to play first team football for the sake of his career, including with Ireland.

Danny Guthrie is a talented midfielder, and underrated, but doesn't want to play second fiddle to Cheik, Yohan, Perchinho and even Haris Vuckic. Wants first team action too, and best of luck to him. Did a good job in our Championship season.

Danny Simpson has seemingly rejected a new & improved deal, £25,000 a week or something like that. Let's be honest, he's an average RB, and won't get a first team spot at a team as good as us at the minute. He'll have to look down the table. Foolish on his part rejecting a new deal, if true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Duff wrote: »

I think for his own sake, its the better option. He could certainly hold down a regular spot at a middle/lower Premier league side.

Although, with European football on the table next season, he certainly would have got a few games.

Really hope he can stay injury free and get a proper chance in the league

Simpsons improved this season but if he thinks he can find a better club or a better deal he's seriously deluded. Very foolish if he's turned down the new deal.

Santon to RB and probably Pieters coming in then I guess?

A lad on the Sunderland forum is good friends with a number of footballers from Manchester. He owns a nightclub or two down there which they frequent. Says he has a bit of ''history'' with Simpson but has to stick up for him for turning down the deal as he's done it ''for the right reasons''.

He's comfortably the most replaceable player in your starting 11 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I thought Simpson had a good season to be honest. He may not be the best RB in the league but is certainly improving and he is in the top 3 or 4 right backs for positional sense. He earned us about 4 or 5 points with goal line clearances. He appears to have a good relationship with Krul on the pitch.
    He does not get forward much but I think that is a good thing considering the way we play. I know Santon looks great going forward but if we end up with our left and right backs tearing up the field then we are gonna be fcuked defensively next season. This is why i value Simpsons contribution this season and why I think he deserves a much better contract. I mean Xisco is on 50k for gods sake so I can understand why he wants a few more than his 10k.

Pardew and Carver on the radio tonight, answering fan questions.

Pardiola named manager of the season for 2011/12 on 5 live.

Deserved.

It certainly is. Astonishing job he's done.

546191_10150948332302814_199581572813_12196535_1212313934_n.jpg

Absolutely delighted for him, and a deserved award if ever one.
    Been a phenomenal season - let's finish it on a high vs. Everton :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement