Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

From nufc.com;

An interesting evening on BBC Radio Newcastle on Friday saw Alan Pardew and John Carver in the studio to answer questions put to them by host Mick Lowes.

Main points:

Alluded to the possibility of signing a pal of Yohan Cabaye, which echoes recent comments attributed to our number 4 about his former Lille team mate Mathieu Debuchy, a 26 year-old right back.

Disappointed by quality of set pieces and contemplating appointing a coach with a specific remit in that area. Looking for more authority in the box at set pieces and a goalscoring centre half ("to score eight goals a season").

No guarantee that Demba Ba will remain for next season but hopes are high and club's qualification for Europe and the support to him from the fans is playing a major part in bettering the chances of him staying at SJP.

(Talking about the temperament of Ba and how he's coped with Cisse hogging the limelight, Pardew likened Demba to Madonna bringing on Cisse, as Lady Gaga!)

Wouldn't go into detail about Ba's release clause, but maintained that some of what has been claimed in the media about it is correct - and some isn't.

Three trialists were currently at the club - two of them French. One of those is a defender who can get forward and is making a good impression.

Pardew's player of the season: Fabricio Coloccini
    Pardew's favourite player: Shola Ameobi
    Pardew's favourite goal: Ben Arfa v Blackburn (h)

Carvers' favourite goal: Cabaye v Man United (h)

Taken advice from Stoke, Fulham, Spurs on the logistics of their European campaigns this season and on player preparation etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cabaye man FFS. Leave that shít out. Pushing a ball boy. :rolleyes:

2-0 down. :mad:

FFS that's handball by Jelavic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That_Guy wrote: »
    2-0 down. :mad:

FFS that's handball by Jelavic.

Handball for the second, huge deflection for the first, Arsenals goasl from 2 massive WBA cockups, gona be one of those days

Take Tiote off. He's gonna get a second yellow.

Its been awful, our front two and wingers not in the game, Everton been marginally better, two flukey goals the difference

Everton better since the two goals i suppose, but wouldnt anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

M5 wrote: »
    Its been awful, our front two and wingers not in the game, Everton been marginally better, two flukey goals the difference

It took 38 games, but your luck had to change for the worse eventually :pac:

You'll probably still win 3-2 knowing you lot :pac:

We can't hold onto it at all. Very frustrating. Could do with a bit of magic from Ben Arfa. Jonas unlucky not to have scored.

• Advertisement

What a waste of a free kick.

TBF Everton have been much better since the goals

Where do you go from here? Both sides awful fro the first 20. One Awful

WTF was Cabaye at? That was disgraceful!

Cabaye:

cabaye.jpg

Disgraceful that.

Good to see him apologise to the ball boy. Needless carry on from him. Are Sunderland not playing today Paully. ;)

Good to see him apologise to the ball boy. Needless carry on from him. Are Sunderland not playing today Paully. ;)

We haven't played for 8 weeks now mate.

Shocking display, but Everton haven't been up to much. Early goal would be interesting. Pardew absolutely fuming on the sidelines. Tiote looks a total liability.

• Advertisement

Miracle required, but then again it always was.

Ryalor and marveaux on.

Paully D wrote: »
    We haven't played for 8 weeks now mate.

Won't judge ya if you wanna wear black and white. ;)

Santon and Perch off, Marveaux and Ryan Taylor on. Interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Marv on for Perch and Raylor on for Santon

Cisse lad how have you missed

Should be 2 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

You never know Pardew and his team talks :pac:

Ah no, Everton controlling it.
    Disgraceful from Cabaye, glad he apologised for it. Frustrations getting the better of them.

Our tactics been very questionable this half, change it up Sir Pardew!

Taylor on for set pieces

An then we take a short corner

Another gift for arsenal three absolutely massive cock,ups by wba

Much better this second half. Marveaux's first touch is exceptional.

Spuds 2 up, game over

Howard crocked.

Barton will be interesting ontwitter, supposedly lost it completely

Should be a penalty for Everton.

LOL that is shambolic defending.

• Advertisement

Watching the city game, this is a joke

Switched away at half time mate. Enjoying the drama elsewhere.

Hibbert OG. 3-1.

Now we get a break :rolleyes:

Well the result would have meant nothing anyway, disappointing end to a fantastic season.

Lets not forget we have finished up ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool as well as Everton. Superb job by all involved!

The drama only starts now though, its gona be a fun summer i suspect!

PS: what an end to things elsewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hard luck lads, hope you's dont sell off half the team and drop down the table next year. Add to the team and you should be pushing for it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Don't think I've posted in here before, but Newcastle's always been my 2nd favourite team in the EPL. Congrats on a great season and the only way today could have been better (from an AFC point of view) is if yous leap-frogged Sp*rs.

Alas, it wasn't to be. If yous can hold onto Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Cissé, Ben Arfa and Coloccini, yous have a great shot next season too.

Good luck! :)

Don't think I've posted in here before, but Newcastle's always been my 2nd favourite team in the EPL. Congrats on a great season and the only way today could have been better (from an AFC point of view) is if yous leap-frogged Sp*rs.

Alas, it wasn't to be. If yous can hold onto Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Cissé, Ben Arfa and Coloccini, yous have a great shot next season too.

Good luck! :)

Tale of two games, three shocking goals for WBA and a deflected goal followed by a blatant hand ball in the lead up to the second was the differenc between the sides

I'd struggle to say we were the 3rd or even 4th best team this season. Would have been nice but ultimately fortunate if we qualified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

M5 wrote: »
    I'd struggle to say we were the 3rd or even 4th best team this season. Would have been nice but ultimately fortunate if we qualified!

While I do agree, had yous nicked a CL spot, yous would certainly have the resources to be third or fourth best next season.

Everyone needs a bit of luck now and then :P

• Advertisement

While I do agree, had yous nicked a CL spot, yous would certainly have the resources to be third or fourth best next season.

Everyone needs a bit of luck now and then :P

They do indeed. Hoping we keep the side together TBH, need to strengthen in one or two areas as well! Get the feeling yous are on the up again. Pretty decent for a rebuilding season

Our heads just weren't right today. No idea why. A good break and some new additions and hopefully keeping the players that are there and we can look at maintaining our progress this season.

Defensive reinforcements are badly needed, Williamson just isn't up to it.

We have Marveaux, Vikic, Staylor to add to the side. I reckon we need a RB and 2 LB along with a RW and that is if we hang on to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Disappointed with the performance today, but didn't matter either way. Even though we finished on a low note, this has been a very enjoyable season, best in a long time for me. Its a great feeling to see Newcastle contending again for CL places and playing some good football along the way also.

Will be interesting to see what Ashley does in the summer. I'm fearful, but hopefully we can retain the majority of our squad and add some other pieces to it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Hi guys first post here for me in here. What a great season, and loads there to build on. Can't see us sellin any1 unless it's for mega bucks. Seems as though the debauchy deal is as good as done, people saying he will be rb for France this summer, would love to see a top cb a defensive midfielder and a young striker now added to really give us a strong first 11.

Disapponting result yesterday but overall what an amazing season. Transfer speculation will be rife but I'm really looking forward to the Europa League.

Notable teams in the EL:

Inter, Leverkusen, Stuttgart, Marseille, Sporting Lisbon, PSV, Besiktas, At. Madrid, Athletic Bilbao.

Would love to do any of those away trips if the opportunity arises. :pac:

• Advertisement

For seedings of European draws etc this is a really good link to follow:

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2012.html

Disapponting result yesterday but overall what an amazing season. Transfer speculation will be rife but I'm really looking forward to the Europa League.

Notable teams in the EL:

Inter, Leverkusen, Stuttgart, Marseille, Sporting Lisbon, PSV, Besiktas, At. Madrid, Athletic Bilbao.

Would love to do any of those away trips if the opportunity arises. :pac:

Any of those I'd love.
    Especially Bilbao - surreal atmosphere.

Doocey wrote: »
    Any of those I'd love.
    Especially Bilbao - surreal atmosphere.

Would love any of the German teams myself. Mainly cos I bloody love Germany as a country.

Would love any of the German teams myself. Mainly cos I bloody love German women and the country itself.

FYP :pac:

Doocey wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

Hey, I'm a man of needs. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement