Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Who was their main guy from the world cup that time, didnt he play in europe for a bit?

Chong Tese - VfL Bochum from the 2.Bundesliga signed him after the WC and he moved to the Bundesliga with Köln in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Looks to be a great young prospect. Fast, not afraid to run at players and he definitely knows where the net is. Looks to be a good header of the ball as well. Could potentially be a massive gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

G.K. wrote: »

I'll wait for a more viable source. Could be a very exciting prospect if it does go ahead.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Might do well for yis. Another hidden gem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Lots of twitter talk anyways, seems like he's replacing Best who's going to Celtic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Could be a good move for Best. He's not going to get many chances with Cisse around.

The thing I like about Gwan is that he seems to be able to play up top, on the left and on the right. Versatile players like that are hard to come by these days, especially for such a cheap price.

Samich wrote: »
    Lots of twitter talk anyways, seems like he's replacing Best who's going to Celtic?

I'm sure Best will leave but I don't think it'll be a straight switch for him given his age. I reckon he'll feature heavily with the youths or the reserve squad anyway.

Think Vuckic could make a massive push to maybe take Best's place. Looking forward to seeing Abeid, Vuckic, Sameobi and Ferguson coming into the squad soon. Exciting young players.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm sure Best will leave but I don't think it'll be a straight switch for him given his age. I reckon he'll feature heavily with the youths or the reserve squad anyway.

Think Vuckic could make a massive push to maybe take Best's place. Looking forward to seeing Abeid, Vuckic, Sameobi and Ferguson coming into the squad soon. Exciting young players.

You think? He's 19 and won the AFC youth player of the year 2 years ago. Looks like a quality finisher tbh.

Scored a hat trick in some AFC Challenge final for the u-21s too.

Supposed to be cheap as chips too.

And North Koreans are only recently allowed to leave the country so looks like ye could be getting ye'r hands on the best there.

Samich wrote: »
    You think? He's 19 and won the AFC youth player of the year 2 years ago. Looks like a quality finisher tbh.

Scored a hat trick in some AFC Challenge final for the u-21s too.

Supposed to be cheap as chips too.

And North Koreans are only recently allowed to leave the country so looks like ye could be getting ye'r hands on the best there.

Might be too soon for him and needs to get used to a different climate. He'll be up against exceptionally talented players if he signs so throwing him straight in might be hazardous to his learning.

I like seeing young and exciting players being given their chance so long as they're ready for it.

Definitely one for the future if the signing does go ahead.

• Advertisement

Could be a Hernandez for Man Utd signing for ye tbh. Impact player off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That_Guy wrote: »
    Might be too soon for him and needs to get used to a different climate. He'll be up against exceptionally talented players if he signs so throwing him straight in might be hazardous to his learning.

I like seeing young and exciting players being given their chance so long as they're ready for it.

Definitely one for the future if the signing does go ahead.

Pardew strikes me as the type who bloods players in slowly. Santon and HBA were blooded in slowly. Even Cisse was on the bench til Best got crocked and he made such an impression he had to play.

Kid looks good anyway, would welcome him onboard especially if its for as little as is being suggested.

Some seriously good goals here. That header. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Himself and Ji-Dong Won will probably kill each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought this might interest some if you people:-

FORMER Newcastle United midfielder Nobby Solano has entered into football management in his native Peru.

The 37-year-old has taken over at old club Universitario in Lima, having played for the U’s in 2009.

His initial deal runs until December.

Solano was released by Hartlepool last month having found himself out of the first-team picture during the second half of the season under Neale Cooper.

He has already coached at non-league side Newcastle Benfield as well as United’s academy.

http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/ex-newcastle-star-solano-lands-manager-s-job-1-4617664

Wonder how long it'll be before he starts hitching up with lonely housewifes in the area(allegedly).

Graham Carr has signed a new 8 year deal according to @milesstarforth on Twitter.

Fantastic news.

EDIT: BBC now reporting it. Very exciting 8 years ahead methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Meh. Anybody can be a scout.

All you need is wikipedia and a few mates on twitter.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone hiring scouts? If recommending Bundesliga top scorers and Ligue 1 hot prospects can get you the job security of an 8 year contract, that is a job I want!

Where To wrote: »

You forgot Football Manager. ;)

• Advertisement

Hughton confirmed as NCFC boss. Delighted for him. Good club with a good man in charge. Best of luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Where To wrote: »

Just listened to an interview there live with Graham Carr on TalkSport. Amongst the key points he made were:

- He does not have an extensive network of scouts. He has 6 scouts he trusts and works very closely with them.

- The lower leagues in England simply do not have the talent currently to produce top talent, in the way Ian Wright, Stan Collymore etc were uncovered.

- All transfer targets for this summer are already identified. As such, he won't be monitoring the Euros with this summers window in mind.

- He relies almost wholly on his eyes versus technology. He disregards dvds from agents etc and bases all his work from his eyes and/or trusted scouts eyes.

I think the most important point for NUFC fans was this:

- Carr had a 3 hour meeting with Ashley and LLambias on tuesday. Ashley told him he was in this for the long term and wants Carr to continue his work of uncovering gems but NUFC will not become a selling club, that he wants to build on the success and potential of this season, but by continuing in the same method of unearthing top talent versus spending big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I genuinely think Newcastle are going about their business in a great fashion. There's big money in football these days that you just can't compete with, so in that case, a great scouting network is vital.

I would encourage any football fan to read the biography of Geoff Twentyman, the Liverpool scout from the 60's up until 1986.

The likes of Shankly, Paisley etc were great managers who did great things. But the players they had at their disposal were all discovered by Geoff Twentyman.

If you have a great scout who can unearth these gems, you can compete without having the same finances!! Especially if you are a big enough club that doesn't need to sell these players!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Seems we're close to signing Vurnon Anita from Ajax supposed to be quite good, wonder will he play alongside tiote or is he a replacement?

Thought he was a LB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Would be over the moon if we got Anita, really rate this guy highly.

Supposedly the bid is in the region of £5-7m which is a decent amount to pay - signalling the opinion Carr might have the of the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can anyone tell me other players that Carr has scouted over the years (both at Newcastle and other clubs) and why is it that he's only being widely recognised now despite scouting for years?

cadete wrote: »
    Seems we're close to signing Vurnon Anita from Ajax supposed to be quite good, wonder will he play alongside tiote or is he a replacement?

He's a left back. Santon will play RB. Heard Lille want 8m for Debuchy, which we were unwilling to pay.

Plays DM and LB, I think.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me other players that Carr has scouted over the years (both at Newcastle and other clubs) and why is it that he's only being widely recognised now despite scouting for years?

Get your own f**kin players! ;) :pac:

Hearing a few rumours about Demba Ba & an imminent move to Galatasaray. Not sure what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Doocey wrote: »
    Hearing a few rumours about Demba Ba & an imminent move to Galatasaray. Not sure what the craic is.

A done deal apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

amiable wrote: »
    A done deal apparently

Any credible source to back up this wild claim?

Any credible source to back up this wild claim?

Sky Italia

Sky Italia

I find it odd that SkyItalia are reporting on a transfer between an English club, and a Turkish one!

• Advertisement

And Sky Sports News are saying Newcastle are claiming they have received no bids for Demba Ba

SkySportsEngland saying no bids have been made for Ba. For now.

I find it odd that SkyItalia are reporting on a transfer between an English club, and a Turkish one!

Why do you find that odd?
    Sky Sports News in England report transfers in Europe that don't involve English Clubs.
    I find it weird that you find that odd :)

Why do you find that odd?
    Sky Sports News in England report transfers in Europe that don't involve English Clubs.
    I find it weird that you find that odd :)

I find it odd that you think it's weird by me thinking it's unusual..

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

That's strange.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. But you still didn't address the point.
    SSN regularly report on transfers in Europe that have no English involvement.
    Sky Italia regularly report on English transfers.

Fair enough. But you still didn't address the point.
    SSN regularly report on transfers in Europe that have no English involvement.
    Sky Italia regularly report on English transfers.

I'm joking mate!
    It seemed a bit weird at the start, but you're right.

Suppose I'm just used to SkySports UK breaking all the major news!

Yet again, we're playing sunderland on October 20th - always seem to have a derby 3 or 4 days each side of that date!

Apperently we've bid between 8-9.5m for Luuk de Jong.

Would be well pleased with that, he's some talent.

L'Equipe suggesting Arsenal have bid 21m(euros) for HBA. No idea if i'd take that or not, he can be unplayable on his day and do things almost no-one else can do, but he can also be totally invisible and a liability to his full back.

What do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Hate to see him go personally. Even though that isn't a bad price.

Wenger spending €21m? Very doubtful, especially after Gervinho's showing so far.!

Wenger spending €21m? Very doubtful, especially after Gervinho's showing so far.!

Aye it's just rumours, but i'd be hard pressed to turn that down if we can find a quality replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

No way Ashley could turn down 21m, considering what he payed for him.

Wouldn't blame him either. Even though I love HBA and he has the magic to turn a game, 21m would be too good to refuse.

Dont think it will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wenger missed the boat with HBA - no way will he spend that much money on a player who would have been on his radar long ago and who he could have got for a fraction of what's being mentioned atm.

21 million... Don't see it happening myself.

Walcott and Oxlaide-Chamberlain will be ahead of him in the pecking order I'd imagine... Could even switch Gervinho or Podolski onto that wing too.

Would be surprised if it was anywhere near the quoted figure.

We need to start getting the finger out for some central defenders and need to replace Guthrie badly. We have Gosling in there sure but I'm still not sold on him.

Disappointed that we got rid of Guthrie. I hadn't always been his biggest fan but he really impressed me when he filled in for Tiote or Cabaye.

Will be interesting to see who makes the grade and appears more regularly this season.

Abeid potentially... Vuckic.

We've some good young talent waiitng in the wings and personally can't wait for Shane Ferguson to get a decent run in the first team. Speedy wee fúcker too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement