Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's Xisco's birthday today. What an absolute club hero he's been for Newcastle.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

5.5m. Still brings a tear to my eye. Dark days.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    5.5m. Still brings a tear to my eye. Dark days.

I think he's still got a year left on his contract. :pac:

Bring back Ignacio Gonzalez. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's Xisco's birthday today. What an absolute club hero he's been for Newcastle.... :pac:

Yep, he's a ruddy pain in Football manager, sucks up so much wages and no one wants him even for 1k! Him and Alan Smith are always the first ones you try and shift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

By my reckoning he's the fourth longest serving current player.:pac:

Yep, he's a ruddy pain in Football manager, sucks up so much wages and no one wants him even for 1k! Him and Alan Smith are always the first ones you try and shift!

Harper's a bollocks aswell. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bring back Ignacio Gonzalez. ;)

The youtube signing.

article-1217972-06AC5BF3000005DC-813_306x453.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Xisco been a great ambassador for this club since signing - has a few goals in him too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lads any idea's when friendlies will be announced? Over in Newcastle 20th and 21st July for a stag and looking to catch a game with a bit of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Lads any idea's when friendlies will be announced? Over in Newcastle 20th and 21st July for a stag and looking to catch a game with a bit of luck.

There will be no home friendlies this year....

On the plus side you may catch an Olympic match at SJP

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

kennyb3 wrote: »

Heard somewhere that there will be no home pre-season matches with the Olympics, not sure how true that is tho.

Edit: beaten to that information by M5..

210732.jpg

In other news Fox Sports this side of the pond reporting that we have signed Curtis Good for $600k (Not sure which $ that is)

M5 wrote: »
    In other news Fox Sports this side of the pond reporting that we have signed Curtis Good for $600k (Not sure which $ that is)
    Is he a left back?

Where To wrote: »
    Is he a left back?

Left footed CB...

• Advertisement

Good cover for CB then. . . . . .

Doubt he will be pushing for a place just yet, but like you said, good cover!

Doubt he will be pushing for a place just yet, but like you said, good cover!
    :(

:(

Oh... Twas a joke...

• Advertisement

NUFC delegation in Holland to tie up De Jong, although other stories saying he is about to sign for gladbach...

We're gone over to try agree a fee for de Jong, offering cash payment.
    Interest in Anita and Douglas hasn't dwindled either.

Really excited about the prospect of de Jong tbh!

So is Erik Pieters going on the backburner then?

We're now making moves for de Jong, Debuchy, Douglas & Junior Hoilett.

If we managed to land those four, it will have been a ridiculously good start to the window.

Doocey wrote: »
    We're now making moves for de Jong, Debuchy, Douglas & Junior Hoilett.

If we managed to land those four, it will have been a ridiculously good start to the window.

Hoilett is an interesting one but would be a welcome addition. Has bags of talent but I'd be surprised if he features heavily... though that depends on who goes/stays come the end of the transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I thought Junior Hoillet completed a move to Borussia Monchengaldbach?

Leon Best having a medical at Blackburn according to Sky

Seems we're ending interest in de Jong. Bid £11m (€14m) but it was rejected.
    Eleven million a lot to bid on NUFC's part, and certainly a lot to reject on Twente's side.

Will be interesting to see if he moves on this summer, or whether we'll grab him in January for £8.5m :D

Best of luck to Leon at Blackburn as well, a good striker that will score goals.
    No pun intended in that either. :pac:

Where's all the Geordie faithful on here gone? :pac:

Signed Bigirimana - don't know very much about him, but only pennies for him anyway :)

0,,10278~11022083,00.gif

He looks like Tiote. :pac:

• Advertisement

He looks like Tiote. :pac:

Very similar type player as well which makes the similarity even more canny! :pac:

A rumour of a Kuwaiti takeover quickly debunked and I picked up on this;
    United also operate a policy to interested buyers which means they must first purchase a five year season ticket on an executive box to show they are genuine.

A rumour of a Kuwaiti takeover quickly debunked and I picked up on this;

Would rather stick with Ashley, added to the fact the rumours are absolute nonsense.

Great policy that mind, £150k out of pocket even before the due diligence is done :pac:

38,000 posts... Howay etc etc.

3145 posts, HTL! :pac:

Debuchy supposed to be close to being a done deal to Newcastle according to Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hey. Will be living in Newcastle shortly and as St. James Park will be just up the road I would like to go see a NUFC home game or two. Just wondering if anyone would know how I'd go about getting tickets without being a season ticket holder or being fleeced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hey. Will be living in Newcastle shortly and as St. James Park will be just up the road I would like to go see a NUFC home game or two. Just wondering if anyone would know how I'd go about getting tickets without being a season ticket holder or being fleeced?

As far as I know, just register with the NUFC website, membership is free, and once you do that, you can buy tickets online on the NUFC website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

As far as I know, just register with the NUFC website, membership is free, and once you do that, you can buy tickets online on the NUFC website.

Cool. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

If you're living there you can just get tickets from the box office at SJP. Queues can be bloody mental though so get there early on match days to avoid disappointment.

First pre season game tonight against Chemnitzer FC at 5:30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

NUFC also operate a pay monthly season ticket scheme where you pay for your season ticket over the year..good idea..

www.sachsen-fernsehen.de/Zum-Livestream/Seite/ for the opening pre season game... But it's fúcked as so many are trying to get on at the same time.

New kit:

0,,10278~11039623,00.jpg

Extremely poor IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Never knew you re-signed Enrique :eek: Looks identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Doocey wrote: »
    New kit:

0,,10278%7E11039623,00.jpg

Extremely poor IMO.

Dont think its too bad personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

So, the return of Carroll on loan? Thoughts? I welcome it, I always rated him, I just think Liverpool never utilised him correctly. Good cover for Double Demba, at least.

So, the return of Carroll on loan? Thoughts? I welcome it, I always rated him, I just think Liverpool never utilised him correctly. Good cover for Double Demba, at least.

Bid turned down by Liverpool

Cheeky bid that was always going to get turned down. Liverpool would be admitting that they made a massive cock up if they accepted it! To allow him to return to the club they paid such a huge fee to for his services could not be palatable to the owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Sounds like Debuchy is in the bag for around 7 million. Really impressed by him in the Euros. Great signing if its true.

bazual wrote: »
    Sounds like Debuchy is in the bag for around 7 million. Really impressed by him in the Euros. Great signing if its true.

That was supposedly a done deal last Monday, gone a bit quiet since.... Any new info?

Bid turned down by Liverpool

Cheeky bid that was always going to get turned down. Liverpool would be admitting that they made a massive cock up if they accepted it! To allow him to return to the club they paid such a huge fee to for his services could not be palatable to the owners
    I think the Liverpool owners already know they fcuked up Re Carroll.

Any realistic fee that might eventually be accepted will come nowhere near the 35 mill but it seems they are ready to cut their losses.

Newcastle seem to be in a strong bargaining position here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement