Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looks like Juve. The bar for the sponsor is naff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I love that we're taking the piss with Carroll. Hilarious stuff. Don't see it happening personally unless we went in for him on a permanent deal. Even then he won't make the starting XI.

I quite like the new kit. Looks very retro. The box around the sponsor is horrendous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Amazing how things change in 15 or so.

Liverpool snatched our best CF for £35m, now - after finishing ahead of them in the league quite comfortably - we are toying with them.
    It really is a win win for us.

If we get him back for £12-15m then it's basically a £20m loan fee we received for the last year.

I think we're trying to land him - but at our price and our terms. If not, he'll stay.

How the tables have turned!

We're live on ESPN V Monaco tonight. Kick off 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

That_Guy wrote: »
    We're live on ESPN V Monaco tonight. Kick off 7pm.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but it's 7PM local, 6PM our time. :)

Oops, game is on at 6pm lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Newcastle jersey looks very Juventus-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

No streams.

ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Sky channel 417

amiable wrote: »
    Sky channel 417

Sky is a rip off. I will do without.

Newcastle keeper knew nothing about that shot until he had his face smashed!

Sky is a rip off. I will do without.

Ok, the relevant UPC Channel number.

For the record, I think Sky is quite reasonable.

amiable wrote: »
    Ok, the relevant UPC Channel number.

For the record, I think Sky is quite reasonable.

I just think paying for 200 channels and only watching about ten is not good value. There is a LOT of crap on Sky digital. But each to their own.

Demba Ba has scored

1-0

Ba.

The camera angle for this game is awful.

1-0

Ba.

The camera angle for this game is awful.

It's terrible!

Goalkeeper didn't exactly cover himself in glory for that goal.

The ball seems to be moving extremely quickly on the ground.

I know it's only really for fitness and it's only our second pre season game but we look shíte at defending corners.

• Advertisement

Also, what the fook is Santon at? Got dragged into the centre of midfield just there and leaving Tiote part 2 to cover for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

No streams, do I have to say it again?

No more warnings.

Any streams? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Starting to get worried we will miss out on Debuchy. Things have gone very quite of late.

Has been a disappointing off/pre-season so far transfer wise. Missing out on Hoillet and De Jong, with Douglas and Carroll unlikely to happen either.

At least we have managed to hold on the our big names (so far).

TaosHum wrote: »
    Starting to get worried we will miss out on Debuchy. Things have gone very quite of late.

Has been a disappointing off/pre-season so far transfer wise. Missing out on Hoillet and De Jong, with Douglas and Carroll unlikely to happen either.

At least we have managed to hold on the our big names (so far).

I think Newcastle will get Carroll.
    Both clubs will play hardball but he will eventually move to Newcastle IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads how easy is it getting home after a match on a Sunday evening? Have a cousin going to be over there, so will probably visit her and first chance is early in the season. She could hopefully/probably get tix through work, but I'd have work the next day so would need to be home that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Mushy wrote: »
    Lads how easy is it getting home after a match on a Sunday evening? Have a cousin going to be over there, so will probably visit her and first chance is early in the season. She could hopefully/probably get tix through work, but I'd have work the next day so would need to be home that night.

I made it from Newcastle City center to Maynooth in under 4 hours. Its extremely straightforward. Depends on when your flight leaves. Also park in the short term if your only going for a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

M5 wrote: »
    I made it from Newcastle City center to Maynooth in under 4 hours. Its extremely straightforward. Depends on when your flight leaves. Also park in the short term if your only going for a day

Very handy. Will be using public transport but its grand. Flight at like 9.30 pm so hopefully it should be all systems go.

First trophy of the season in the bag :pac:

Great freekick from Tayls to win it.

Here, has Debuchy signed yet or what?

Neymar in Newcastle at the moment. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Neymar in Newcastle at the moment. ;)

Are you serious?

Edit - I think I get it :/

Raoul wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Edit - I think I get it :/

He's there for the Olympics... Here's hoping Cabaye seduces him into staying. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

He's there for the Olympics... Here's hoping Cabaye seduces him into staying. :pac:

Yeah got that as soon as I posted. Didn't want to ruin the joke for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Im a new follower on this thread and looking forward to hearing everyones views on the Toon Army! :D

August 3rd and still we havent sold any of our best players so far which is always good to see, especially Demba Ba being kept on after the clause extension.

However i would love if we could bring in another centre half and striker before the deadline at the end of the window.

Heres to hoping that we see some activity in the next few weeks! :rolleyes:

Seems we're not getting Debuchy... Ugh.

More important to keep existing players, but we do need more. I don't think RB is the position we need to recruit for anyway, it's CB and CM.

More important to keep existing players, but we do need more. I don't think RB is the position we need to recruit for anyway, it's CB and CM.

RB - Simpson/Perch/Raylor
    CB - Saylor/Colo/Williamson/Perch
    LB - Santon/Ferguson (even though I think he's better utilised as a winger)

Ideally I'd like a new face or a young lad to push for a spot this season if we're not gonna be spending anything.

CB should be priority. We were very stretched at times last season. James Tarvernier seems to have played a fair bit in pre season. Could feature heavily on the bench. Think he's more of a RB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

RB - Simpson/Perch/Raylor
    CB - Saylor/Colo/Williamson/Perch
    LB - Santon/Ferguson (even though I think he's better utilised as a winger)

Ideally I'd like a new face or a young lad to push for a spot this season if we're not gonna be spending anything.

CB should be priority. We were very stretched at times last season. James Tarvernier seems to have played a fair bit in pre season. Could feature heavily on the bench. Think he's more of a RB though.

We'll have Steve Taylor back this year tho, was a big blow in the second half of last season. Tav has played good for a young fella in the pre-season games I have seen, good experience playing alongside Colo there for 90minutes, same with Sammy Ameobi and Vucknic. Just a bit raw still. Has Ferguson featured in any pre-season yet?? Haven't seen him or is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Lurking this thread for a while. Not sure if it has been mentioned but the Ivory Coast vs. Senegal ACON qualifier could be the biggest game of our season. I think we can afford to lose Cheick, but losing both our strikers again would severely damage our season, even more so now with Best gone.

Marveaux has really impressed me in pre-season as well. If he can stay fit he could be like a new signing. Another freebie and all :cool:

Lurking this thread for a while. Not sure if it has been mentioned but the Ivory Coast vs. Senegal ACON qualifier could be the biggest game of our season. I think we can afford to lose Cheick, but losing both our strikers again would severely damage our season, even more so now with Best gone.

Marveaux has really impressed me in pre-season as well. If he can stay fit he could be like a new signing. Another freebie and all :cool:

IC are better than Senegal, so I reckon Tiote will be lost.

The EL draw today?

• Advertisement

IC are better than Senegal, so I reckon Tiote will be lost.

The EL draw today?

We got Greek side Atromitos FC. Know nothing about them tbh.

We got Greek side Atromitos FC. Know nothing about them tbh.

Avoided any big guns, then.

Vurnon Anita is on his way by the looks of it. Anyone seen him play much?

Haven't seen much of him, but is thought very highly of in Amsterdam and is only 23, so seems like a very good signing.

He's quite versatile also, which is an added bonus.

Haven't seen much of him, but is thought very highly of in Amsterdam and is only 23, so seems like a very good signing.

He's quite versatile also, which is an added bonus.

From my Dennis Wise analysis over the last hour I think we could be getting a bargain here at £6.2 million. The Ajax fans seem to hold him in very high regard.

Would love to see a midfield 3 of Cabaye, Tiote and Anita with Yohan pushed further forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Looks like we're about to make a major breakthrough transfer wise,looks like we may need Anita if Tiote doesn't play on Saturday but Pards seems to be always careful throwing a new signing straight in. Everyone feeling optimistic for Saturday? should be an interesting game,I'd say it could be one neither team will want to lose so my money is on a draw.....

Seannew1 wrote: »
    Looks like we're about to make a major breakthrough transfer wise,looks like we may need Anita if Tiote doesn't play on Saturday but Pards seems to be always careful throwing a new signing straight in. Everyone feeling optimistic for Saturday? should be an interesting game,I'd say it could be one neither team will want to lose so my money is on a draw.....

Or.....

We're not getting Debuchy and Anita will go LB allowing Santon to switch to RB.
    Have to remember Danny Simpson is likely to stay as well! :pac:

I reckon draw, prob 1-1.
    Xisco 30 yarder.

Seannew1 wrote: »

Will be interesting to see who does replace Tiote if hes out. Like you said, Anita will probably be eased in so doubt he will figure.

Hard to know what he will do now that Guthrie is gone. I could probably see him going with a defensive minded player like Perch or Raylor. Gutierrez played in CM at the end of last year also. I personally like to see what Gosling could offer, but doubt he will start.

• Advertisement

I could probably see him going with a defensive minded player like Perch or Raylor.

I'd prefer to see Perch or even Bigirimana in there than Raylor. Raylor is absolutely shocking in the middle, he looks like a headless chicken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement