Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

TaosHum wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see who does replace Tiote if hes out. Like you said, Anita will probably be eased in so doubt he will figure.

Hard to know what he will do now that Guthrie is gone. I could probably see him going with a defensive minded player like Perch or Raylor. Gutierrez played in CM at the end of last year also. I personally like to see what Gosling could offer, but doubt he will start.
    Is Cabaye 100% ok for Saturday?In the unlikely event of him and Tiote not playing,Pards will really need to get the midfield right this time,we were absolutely murdered in the midfield at white harte lane back in february without Cabaye and Tiote. I'd personally like to see Amalfitano get a game out on the right,the chap has really impressed me during preseason and he'd provide good cover against Bale and also has a bit of quality on the break.I'm still not convinced on Gosling,Raylor is completely out of depth in centre midfield as was shown yesterday,at least we can always depend on Perchinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

NUFC fans are a heap of shíte... Just sayin'. ;)

In other news...

SATURDAY BABY!!! Anyone living in or around Dublin fancy watching this in the Woolshed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

That_Guy wrote: »
    NUFC fans are a heap of shíte... Just sayin'. ;)

In other news...

SATURDAY BABY!!! Anyone living in or around Dublin fancy watching this in the Woolshed?

NUFCFans are another byproduct of the annoying FootballFanCast crew.

Only a week ago they claimed they interviewed Clark Carlisle, only for the man himself to say he was never asked a question. AND he was on a packed train at the time :pac:

Anyway, can't wait for Sat. Full house hopefully!
    How I've missed SJP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Anyone know who NUFC fans are? journos apparently....

M5 wrote: »
    Anyone know who NUFC fans are? journos apparently....

If by journo's you mean, they copy and paste articles without giving credit then yep they're journo's.

My favourite was last years transfer deadline day. We were linked with Ruiz and "the fans" tweeted something along the lines of
    Just off the phone to Ruiz's agent to keep you updated.

:rolleyes:

You over for the game Doocey? Was half tempted to get over for it myself but reckon I'll head for the Norwich game given Chrissy's coming back to SJP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Meh, my lass knows where she stands when it comes to Yohan. *swoon*

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

If by journo's you mean, they copy and paste articles without giving credit then yep they're journo's.

My favourite was last years transfer deadline day. We were linked with Ruiz and "the fans" tweeted something along the lines of

Just off the phone to Ruiz's agent to keep you updated.

:rolleyes:

You over for the game Doocey? Was half tempted to get over for it myself but reckon I'll head for the Norwich game given Chrissy's coming back to SJP.

They're a funny old crew alright. they keep NUFC fans well updated on everything and anything to be fair I suppose! :pac:

Nah, unfortunately not. I wish I could get over to it but not able. :(
    I'll be watching on a HD stream connected to me aul plasma waiting for a toned Shola show up and save the day :pac:

Norwich a very good choice. Chrissy's gonna get a huge reception, can't wait to hear/see it :)

Anita having a medical according to various sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Does anyone have any knowledge on Anita? I've never seen him play .

• Advertisement

Official. We've signed Anita on a 5 year deal. Must've sold the club very very well to tie him down to a contract of that length. Ensuring a solid future for the club. :)

Good things come to those who wait, very happy with that signing. Admittedly, I've not seen the lad play but everything about him looks good. Not worried about losing Tiote for ACON now.

How high can this lad jump?

7794486672_ac562226d0_b.jpg

Not this high? :pac:

Papiss-Cisse-jump-Chelsea-v-Newcastle-Barclay_2759231.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Not this high? :pac:

Papiss-Cisse-jump-Chelsea-v-Newcastle-Barclay_2759231.jpg

Does anyone else hear people trying to take Cisse down a peg, 'second season syndrome' and the like?

Yeah, because he wasn't tearing the **** out of the Bundesliga before he came to the EPL... :rolleyes:

Does anyone else hear people trying to take Cisse down a peg, 'second season syndrome' and the like?

Yeah, because he wasn't tearing the **** out of the Bundesliga before he came to the EPL... :rolleyes:

Haven't heard anything of the sort to be honest. Though it was pretty laughable when Lawrenson claimed that "Cisse was struggling to settle" despite netting 5 goals when he first arrived. :pac:

Haven't heard anything of the sort to be honest. Though it was pretty laughable when Lawrenson claimed that "Cisse was struggling to settle" despite netting 5 goals when he first arrived. :pac:

Lawro is a complete joke. I remember several years ago when Man Utd were played Deportivo in Spain, and he remarked that Depor have had a poor home record of late, when in fact they had gone something close to two years unbeaten at home.

Read a few stupid comments alright. Typical clueless sky pundits who think football doesn't exist outside England. Sure I remember when we signed him none of them even knew who he was!

The old, "will he cut it in the best league in the world". These guys are paid to be football analysts for a living and they don't know one of the best strikers in Germany. I just laugh when I read sh1te like that these days. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Does anyone have any knowledge on Anita? I've never seen him play .

He was great in 'The Guard'. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Would anyone know if Papisse Cisse is likely to play this Saturday or is he doubtful with possible injury?

• Advertisement

Ugh, managed to book tickets to the villa game when i am not going to be in Ireland. Anyone want a ticket?

East Stand-Upper-I-J-30

Ryanair flights also avail if anyone needs em!

M5 wrote: »
    Ugh, managed to book tickets to the villa game when i am not going to be in Ireland. Anyone want a ticket?

East Stand-Upper-I-J-30

Ryanair flights also avail if anyone needs em!

I'll take it off you mate if it's still going.

I'll take it off you mate if it's still going.

just ordered it today. lets take this to PM

Supposedly Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Tiote took part in training the other day. I'd be worried about our centre of midfield if that's the case.

Perch and Anita to possibly start together... Big ask for a new lad to step up right away and to play alongside someone you've probably not ran through many drills with. Fingers crossed for one or both of Cabaye and Tiote to make it.

Cisse is likely to start though which is great news. Not sure if he's fasting for Ramadan but I'd assume he is. Finishes tomorrow so a normal diet/routine for next week V Chelsea is crucial.

I think we can sneak it today. I don't think it'll be pretty but we've kept our top players and are building around them. Be nice to see Steven Taylor back in defence. It's like a new signing almost.

Roll on 5:30pm. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Any team news? Heard there were late fitness tests for some of our players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Krul - Simpson, Perch, S.Taylor, Santon - Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez - Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba

Howay the lads!

No Colo and Perch in defence instead of Williamson? Bit worried about that. We need to sign a CB badly! Very attacking line-up though. 2-1 :cool:

Poor start

Cabaye's passing has been poor. Ben Arfa doing well now.

• Advertisement

Simpson so out of his depth with Bale.

Simpson so out of his depth with Bale.

Pardew has to get him off, put Anita at LB and Santon RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Ref set the bar ridiculously low with his early yellows

Next tackle and he's gone, I'm nervous as hell watching this, we're very sloppy.

They simply havent turned up. So lucky to be level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That first touch from Ba was ingenious.

• Advertisement

Beaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Blessed to be ahead. Think Tottenham will be far worse off this season without Modric. Woeful first half

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

have to say that goal was very against the run of play, I think if Spurs had sorted out their striker situation by now we'd be at least two behind. Anyhow, gr8 to see Ba scoring, here's hoping he goes on another run like he did at the beginning of last season

Reminds me of a lot of games last season to be honest, relying on a moment of magic from one of the Demba's

Reminds me of a lot of games last season to be honest, relying on a moment of magic from one of the Demba's

Still have my doubts about HBA

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »

Still have my doubts about HBA

lol

He's our best player today to be fair to him. He needs to get more consistency though.

lol

Yeah but he can go missing too you know. Not up to the physical aspect of the game. Gifted player yes and has moments of brilliance but believe me he'll be anonymous in a few games too.

I hope I'm proven wrong yes

lol

Yeah but he can go missing too you know. Not up to the physical aspect of the game. Gifted player yes and has moments of brilliance but believe me he'll be anonymous in a few games too.

I hope I'm proven wrong yes

He was out with a serious injury and we only saw half a season of him in england. People said the same of Ronaldo when he joined Utd, then he adapted.

No Colo and Perch in defence instead of Williamson? Bit worried about that. We need to sign a CB badly! Very attacking line-up though. 2-1 :cool:

Never in doubt ;)

Never in doubt ;)

Fair play.

But yes we need a new CB. We're playing in Europe. Steven Taylor is a great warrior and gives his all but he's not up to the standard we want to be imo.

A win is a win is a win eh? Frankly we couldn't have played Spurs at a better time though. They should be a lot better when they get a prolific striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ben Arfa was excellent, Spurs couldn't deal with him at all, was still running in injury time. Wasn't a great performance but we won and we're still hard to beat and work hard. Good stuff. Not too concerned about the performance on opening day, result far more important.

Fair play.

But yes we need a new CB. We're playing in Europe. Steven Taylor is a great warrior and gives his all but he's not up to the standard we want to be imo.

A win is a win is a win eh? Frankly we couldn't have played Spurs at a better time though. They should be a lot better when they get a prolific striker

I think Taylor is one of those CBs who plays better with a strong defensive partner, i.e. Colo.

On a side note, I dropped Cabaye and Ben Arfa from my fantasy football team. FFS...

Ben Arfa is so frustrating, he has the potential to be one of the very best in the league. So much talent there.

Ben Arfa is so frustrating, he has the potential to be one of the very best in the league. So much talent there.

I think this will be a big season for him. I also think playing 4-5-1 with him in a Messi/Modric role would really suit him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement