Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Fair play.

But yes we need a new CB. We're playing in Europe. Steven Taylor is a great warrior and gives his all but he's not up to the standard we want to be imo.

A win is a win is a win eh? Frankly we couldn't have played Spurs at a better time though. They should be a lot better when they get a prolific striker

With Colo out today and Talyor likely to play about 20 games it shows how little depth we have. CB is number one priority imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Ben Arfa is so frustrating, he has the potential to be one of the very best in the league. So much talent there.

If he threw himself about more and upped the workrate he would be imo.

Any updates on Debuchy at all?

cgpg5 wrote: »
    If he threw himself about more and upped the workrate he would be imo.

Any updates on Debuchy at all?

Hopefully it's a big year from him. Nah, it's gone very quiet on that front, would absolutely love to see him, he would improve us massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Scrappy game TBF. Could easily have gone the other way.

Positives: HBA's runs and Ba's finish. Anita looked lively when he came on
    Negatives: Cabaye was off the pace today as was Cisse. (both lacking match fitness and one missing a plate of spuds :) )

Newcastle's passing in the middle third was poor at stages (Some of which was down to Spurs closing, some just careless). We let spurs have much more of the ball as a result. I think another couple of weeks and we should see a sharper NUFC.

Wonder what kind of a team will line up in Greece?

Look who was spotted at SJP today

nufcfans_newcastle_united_erik_pieters_newcastle_united.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Pieters LB, Santon RB. Don't know anything about the guy, but in Carr We Trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Pieters LB, Santon RB. Don't know anything about the guy, but in Carr We Trust.

We have been linked with him for ages. Two things to note though. He is currently injured and also a good Friend of Tim Kruls'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Simpson so out of his depth .
    FYP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

sometimes Pardew is such an idiot, think he's doing a brilliant job in general but pushing a linesman over a throw & punching his hands in the air while looking a psycho does our clubs rep no favours. Somebody at an upper level needs to have a word with him, didnt like how he was when we only drew with Sunderland at home last season either.

He's looking at a lenghty suspension from the sidelines now at a time when we need to kick on & get a few decent results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

buildup to first goal was top top class. so patient at the back and midfield passing about waiting for one of the midfielders to be able to turn.

was very impressed watching it, then cabaye got turned and away they go.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    sometimes Pardew is such an idiot, think he's doing a brilliant job in general but pushing a linesman over a throw & punching his hands in the air while looking a psycho does our clubs rep no favours. Somebody at an upper level needs to have a word with him, didnt like how he was when we only drew with Sunderland at home last season either.

He's looking at a lenghty suspension from the sidelines now at a time when we need to kick on & get a few decent results

I like his passion. Today was a rush of blood, he knows he was stupid and has apologised. I think it's the first time he's ever been sent off as a manager (could be wrong on that). Can't see him getting any more than a fine for it.

I like his passion. Today was a rush of blood, he knows he was stupid and has apologised. I think it's the first time he's ever been sent off as a manager (could be wrong on that). Can't see him getting any more than a fine for it.

No, he is in for a ban. Big time.

No, he is in for a ban. Big time.

You're probably right, it just seemed like nothing to me. He wasn't even looking at him and didn't realise what he had done. Hardly a malicious assault the way some people are going on about it on twitter.

Knowing the consistency of the FA it could either be a £10 fine or a one year ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Greetings all.

Just popped in to say, Anita looked very good to me when he came on today. He was only on for twenty minutes so it's hard to tell, but he really impressed me.

I remember how good the Ajax midfield were against Man Utd last season, but it was Eriksson who really caught my eye at the time. Seeing Anita again today, I'm thinking you might have turned up another gem there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cabaye T shirt?

• Advertisement

leonidas83 wrote: »

To be fair to Pards, it was more of just a little tap/push. Not like he was trying to push him over, just trying to waken him up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Raoul wrote: »
    To be fair to Pards, it was more of just a little tap/push. Not like he was trying to push him over, just trying to waken him up a bit.
    There was absolutely no excuse for him touching the official.

NufcNavan wrote: »

It was just a rush of blood to the head. The official just happened to run right in front of him when it happened. I know its no excuse really but it was hardly assault or anything

NufcNavan wrote: »

It was just a rush of blood to the head. The official just happened to run right in front of him when it happened. I know its no excuse really but it was hardly assault or anything

What if Joey Barton did it?

It was just a rush of blood to the head.

Exactly. It was not premeditated at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Di canio got 3months the time he pushed the ref over

I reckon pards could get 3-5games touchline ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

In the Times yesterday:

A0lW-SDCcAID4iJ.jpg

G.K. wrote: »
    In the Times yesterday:

A0lW-SDCcAID4iJ.jpg

Everyone should be forced to take statistics lessons. It's all about interpretation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Scrappy game. Should've been losing at half time. We were very sloppy. Cabaye and Tiote don't look match fit at all though Cabaye did grow into it but didn't really influence it as much as I'd liked. Anita looked lively. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Thought Perch was solid yesterday. Didn't put a foot wrong. Steven Taylor, for his first competitive match in some time impressed me also. Loved his little header on the ground to feed the ball back to Krul too.

Ba's goal... Sublime. Some nice play between Ben Arfa and Cabaye initially to spread the ball wide and give Ba his opportunity.

Cisse was disappointing. Looked very off the pace. Good thing Ramadam ends today. Should be physically and mentally fit for a big test against Chelsea next week.

As for Pardew's push... well, it was needless really. You can put it down to passion or what have you but he has no excuse to lay his hands on the lino in my opinion. Foolish from him and he knows it.

Looking forward to seeing the young guns line out for the EL game this week too. I'm assuming ITV 4 are showing it.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Di canio got 3months the time he pushed the ref over

I reckon pards could get 3-5games touchline ban

You cannot seriously draw comparisons between those two incidents. I'd be shocked if he was given a 5 game ban for that but sure we will wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Everyone should be forced to take statistics lessons. It's all about interpretation.

Check the RB they named for ye. :pac:

Ben Arfa is so frustrating, he has the potential to be one of the very best in the league. So much talent there.

To be fair to the lad, this is his most consistent run of games to date after a terrible injury. Didn't play much in pre season and is finding his fitness again.

His defensive duties last season were lacking somewhat but he busted his absolute bollocks to get back in and defend when needed a number of times.

I also think Jonas is massively under rated. The work he does for 90 minutes is immense. Not flashy but a very hard worker.

G.K. wrote: »
    Check the RB they named for ye. :pac:

Harper. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    To be fair to the lad, this is his most consistent run of games to date after a terrible injury. Didn't play much in pre season and is finding his fitness again.

His defensive duties last season were lacking somewhat but he busted his absolute bollocks to get back in and defend when needed a number of times.

I also think Jonas is massively under rated. The work he does for 90 minutes is immense. Not flashy but a very hard worker.

Oh I know well, I love the guy, it just frustrates me that we are not talking about him in the same breath as silva etc. cause he's that talented in my opinion, he just doesn't show it enough. He was the same before he got injured and before he ever came to Newcastle.

This could be a big year for the lad. He looked hungry yesterday and like he was really enjoying himself. Good to see.

Oh I know well, I love the guy, it just frustrates me that we are not talking about him in the same breath as silva etc..

Calm down laddy. He's talented but he's nowhere near as consistent as Silva quite yet. I expect a big season from Hatem and he looked very eager yesterday.

• Advertisement

Calm down laddy. He's talented but he's nowhere near as consistent as Silva quite yet. I expect a big season from Hatem and he looked very eager yesterday.

I said he has the talent but not the consistency :confused:

That's what differentiates the good from the great players.

If Benny played like he did yesterday on a weekly basis, which he can do if he puts his mind to it, he would be one of the best in the league in my opinion.

I said he has the talent but not the consistency :confused:

That's what differentiates the good from the great players.

If Benny played like he did yesterday on a weekly basis, which he can do if he puts his mind to it, he would be one of the best in the league in my opinion.

And he would be playing elsewhere. ;)

And he would be playing elsewhere. ;)

Haha true that.

Anyone know if tonight's game is on live anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Anyone know if tonight's game is on live anywhere?

It's on Setanta Ireland. I use entertainment.ie/tv for that purpose.
    http://goo.gl/fOvwb

Just ctrl+f it :)

Morpork wrote: »

Great stuff didn't know it was on TV. Wonder if it will be any use and what squad we are putting out. Will be good to see some of our younger players get some good experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Lads i know its a bit early for you guys but what are you lot expecting from our meeting on saturday? Do you lot expect a win or would you be happy with a draw?

Being a Chelsea fan myself this game on saturday will set the tone for our PL title race i think. If we can win we will look to keep ourselves on a roll and pick up another 6 points against Stoke and QPR before we face Arsenal.

Any news on Pardew been suspened of fined wages :D

P.s was silly and he should not be punished IMO was just a natural reaction and no malice in it at all.

what a day wrote: »
    Lads i know its a bit early for you guys but what are you lot expecting from our meeting on saturday? Do you lot expect a win or would you be happy with a draw?

Being a Chelsea fan myself this game on saturday will set the tone for our PL title race i think. If we can win we will look to keep ourselves on a roll and pick up another 6 points against Stoke and QPR before we face Arsenal.

Any news on Pardew been suspened of fined wages :D

P.s was silly and he should not be punished IMO was just a natural reaction and no malice in it at all.

We didn't exactly come out of the traps on Sat, and were perhaps lucky to win. So it depends on whether they turn up on Sat or not. However, Cabaye and Ben Arfa were carrying knocks and Cisse was fasting for Ramadan (now over) so with those guys fresher on Sat I would expect a better performance. Should be a good game.

We've a game tonight so I'll be focusing on that primarily but I'd take a draw right now on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Thanks for your views lads, i think it will be a though game and could go either way if im honest though im sure we will be favourites to win.

Good luck tonight....but not on Sat :D

Morpork wrote: »

Thanks, I'm living in the UK so will have to make do with a stream!

Thanks for your views lads, i think it will be a though game and could go either way if im honest though im sure we will be favourites to win.

Good luck tonight....but not on Sat :D

The only thing that has me slightly optimistic is that Chelsea played their strongest team last night and Newcastle are resting all their first team players tonight in preparation for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Wonder what team Pardew will put out tonight considering the 46 hour turnaround to the Chelsea game.

I wasn't impressed with Chelsea at all last night, too many players trying to do the same thing, everything was through the middle so I'm sure we will set up for that. If we have Tiote, Anita and Cabaye in the middle I think we can frustrate them.

Obviously Hazard is a worry though.

Obviously Hazard is a worry though.

Hazard V Simpson scares the shíte out of me tbh.... but I'll worry about that on Saturday. :pac:

• Advertisement

Hazard V Simpson scares the shíte out of me tbh.... but I'll worry about that on Saturday. :pac:

Ya, get through tonight first, can't even think about that game yet.

Stab in the dark for our team tonight.
    Harper

Raylor --- Williamson --- Perch --- Ferguson

Amilfantano --- Abeid --- Biggie Smalls --- Marveaux

Vuckic --- Sammy Ameobi

Tavernier/Good/Adam Campbell could also feature. Interested to see more of these young lads and what they have to offer. Vuckic/Abeid/Marveaux/Campbell/Ferguson are very exciting prospects.

Vuckic and Sammy are injured so the young Campbell lad may get a start.

Vuckic and Sammy are injured so the young Campbell lad may get a start.

Balls. With Shola injured too he'll probably start... 4-5-1 perhaps? Wouldn't mind seeing Anita in there but not sure if he'll be left at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Great to see Stevie Harper starting. At 37 delighted he got another go in Europe. No loyalty in football?? :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement