Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Well done Newcastle but you'd wonder about how often a quick goal follows jubilant and idiotic celebrations when concentration is ultra vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Oh my word!

What a belter of a game (for the neutral)

Got out of jail there, ref was diabolical all night. Not surprised that there were big moments called wrong. Several small mistakes throughout the game

Solid result anyway. Reasonably tough start to the season navigated reasonably. Couple of winnable games coming up. Could define our season

ESPN usa claimed Obertan declined to come on in added time, Bigi was plan B. Strange one if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Good game! Great to see us come out and fight in the second half! We got off lucky with the two disallowed goals but they were tough calls. Think Anichebe got in the way for his goal so the linesman couldn't call it!

Beautiful stuff from Ameobi for the goal aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You're a genius :pac:
    Remember Pardew was on the phone?Well it wasn't Steve Stone's opinion he was asking for!!! Anyway,happy with that result,our 2nd half performance definitely merited a draw. 1st half was shocking,haven't seen us play that bad since probably our relegation season. Delighted for Ba, he was due a few goals,Cisse looked off the pace all night, he missed 3 good chances tonight, which he probably would have easily scored last season, Ben Arfa was a bit quiet too. Solid performances from the back 5 and thought Anita and Cabaye were much improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

A3Br3OkCYAA7WxH.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Away at the moment and the connection I had for the game was awful, it cut off completely and I missed the second half. Gutted, by the sounds of it, was a great game. Delighted with a point after what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Looks like Demba's reps are filling him with ****e.

He will be gone by January I thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

looking for double of 50k per week, doubt hel get it from any of the teams in january i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fairly uninspiring stuff thus far. Very very poor bar the 3 chances we've had in quick succession. No urgency and we've allowed the opposition too many easy chances for my liking. Need to step things up or we'll be on the losing end I fear. Vuckic has been disappointingly quiet. Wouldn't mind seeing Shane Ferguson on.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Fairly uninspiring stuff thus far. Very very poor bar the 3 chances we've had in quick succession. No urgency and we've allowed the opposition too many easy chances for my liking. Need to step things up or we'll be on the losing end I fear. Vuckic has been disappointingly quiet. Wouldn't mind seeing Shane Ferguson on.

Think our back 4 is to blame really. They look extremely nervous, Willo and Perchy have been poor at best. If they settle it will give us more time at the other end

Bigi has been great!

One Ba thing. Im delighted he's pissed off not t be playing TBH. We have had far too many scroungers who are more than happy to warm the bench for their money. His agents seem to be trying to drum up interest in him. I dont get it, there were no offers for the entire summer break. Why start again now? It could put off potential new clubs

Woodwork again... Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any of you disappointed that Pardew is using a younger squad for the Europa League games? I guess it would be ideal to use the first team but with a small squad it's just not possible to balance that with the Premier League (which has to come first) so it's understandable.

Sammy looks wrecked already.

Not too disappointed with the squad Paully. So many injuries to contend with at the moment so it's understandable why he's giving the younger lads a run out.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Any of you disappointed that Pardew is using a younger squad for the Europa League games? I guess it would be ideal to use the first team but with a small squad it's just not possible to balance that with the Premier League (which has to come first) so it's understandable.

Squad is wafer thin pauly, only left out 2/3 players if you look closely....

Shola having a good game.

Announcer can't pronounce Amalfitano's name. :pac:

Jaysus, this Setanta commentator is gagging for Maritimo to score.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Jaysus, this Setanta commentator is gagging for Maritimo to score.

Creamed his pants every time they went past the half way line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

why was the norwich game postponed until tommorow ?

[BArra;80895175]why was the norwich game postponed until tommorow ?[/Quote]

Europa league last Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What will the team be today lads

Harper

Anita --- Taylor --- Willo --- Santon

Ben Arfa--- Tiote/Gosling --- Cabaye --- Gutierrez

Cisse--- Ba

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

kevthegaff wrote: »
    What will the team be today lads

Harper

Anita --- Taylor --- Willo --- Santon

Ben Arfa--- Tiote/Gosling --- Cabaye --- Gutierrez

Cisse--- Ba

Forget about Gosling, get Biggi or Perch in there if Tiote is not fit. Anita should be kept for fullback duties, can play on the left or right as well but just doesn't seem comfortable in midfield.

Big game, but a bigger game at Croke Park for me.

Will hope to catch Hughton's reception - should be rapturous!

Have a cheeky bet of Cabaye 1st Assist @ 14/1 as well.
    NUFC & Mayo win with Yohan assisting first would mark a phenomenal day for me!

Howay The Lads

Absolutely ridiculous to let Cisse take that. Knew full well he was going to miss.

Made hard work of that, Cisse miss meant we had a battle in the second half. Not good!

Worryingly disjointed again. Really struggled to keep any kind of possession, story of the season so far. Need to pick it up quite a bit

Alan Pardew and entire backroom staff signed up on 8 year deals
    DL:
    “If you look at clubs like #mufc and Arsenal, Sir Alex Ferguson and Wenger have shown that stability gives you the best platform"

We’re looking to build on the success we had last season and these new contracts are aimed at keeping the Club progressing.

Out of the blue!

M5 wrote: »
    Alan Pardew and entire backroom staff signed up on 8 year deals

Out of the blue!

Jaysus. We're in serious danger of becoming a stable club. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

there will be some massive payouts if things go tits up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

retalivity wrote: »
    there will be some massive payouts if things go tits up...

Pardew will be delighted with that, a guarantee of many ££££££. 8 years is crazy, managers don't last that long these days and when the inevitable bad spell comes they will need a huge payout to get rid of him.

You can be sure there are get out clauses in the contracts for all parties!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Arsenal supporter here....it's great to see Pardew and co get contracts like that. It's refreshing to see a top flight club show a bit of faith in their manager compared to the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks approach of most. If they can hold on to their players aswell there's no telling what could happen. It's a great squad with heaps of poptential, genuinely hope Pardew brings more success to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

An eight year deal for Alan Pardew is ridiculous and pretty amateurish.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Arsenal supporter here....it's great to see Pardew and co get contracts like that. It's refreshing to see a top flight club show a bit of faith in their manager compared to the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks approach of most. If they can hold on to their players aswell there's no telling what could happen. It's a great squad with heaps of poptential, genuinely hope Pardew brings more success to the club.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    An eight year deal for Alan Pardew is ridiculous and pretty amateurish.

Anyone who thinks this is a standard 8 year contract is delusional. There will be several get out clauses for both parties, including performance related ones. I can see the logic behind it but you can be sure its not going to cost a fortune if things go tits up. Cant see why tying down the PFA and LMA manager of the year to a long term deal would be amateurish or ridiculous bar the length of the deal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

M5 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks this is a standard 8 year contract is delusional. There will be several get out clauses for both parties, including performance related ones. I can see the logic behind it but you can be sure its not going to cost a fortune if things go tits up. Cant see why tying down the PFA and LMA manager of the year to a long term deal would be amateurish or ridiculous bar the length of the deal though

That's fair enough, actually. Good point.

I genuinely think somewhere down the line that Pardew will mess things up slightly. When i think of Newcastle, i don't automatically think of Pardew, i think of everything around him.

Newcastle seem to have a really good set-up rather than a really good manager. And that's a good thing.

I think Graham Carr has been your best signing!

I genuinely think somewhere down the line that Pardew will mess things up slightly. When i think of Newcastle, i don't automatically think of Pardew, i think of everything around him.

Newcastle seem to have a really good set-up rather than a really good manager. And that's a good thing.

Coincidentally also on a 8 year deal :)

The way the club does business im sure there is plenty of room to maneuver

Pardew does have a long way to go before reaching Robson/Keegan status though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Graham Carr. So good he spotted the AFC Youth Player of the Year for 2010 and tried to sign him. Unfortunately, he didn't manage to seal it :pac:.

In all seriousness though, it's a great deal for Pardew. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him. Not sure why but he seems like a decent fellow.

Personally, I hope it's a good deal as well for Newcastle as well.

I know I'm a Man United fan but I hate to see big clubs go into non-existance. It's funny for a while but soon enough it becomes a bit silly. Leeds are a great example. I should hate them but I'd love it if they made it back into the PL and became a big team again.

It's the same with Newcastle. I'm happy enough that they have become decent again after a few years in the wilderness. It brings a bit of rivalry and blah-de-blah to the whole thing that has been missing for a while.

As long as they don't beat United too often and/or beat them to the title then I don't mind.

Looks like Colo is out. Supposedly had a setback... We are so light it's not even funny.

Krul/Simpson/Colo all miss out as does Cabaye with an infection... :(

• Advertisement

This is going to be a very difficult game today. Reading will be looking at this as the chance to get off the mark and will be pumped up.

I predict another poor and frustrating performance but yet again being bailed out by Ben Arfa, Ba or Cisse.

Lots of goals, 3-2 to the Toon :cool:

This is going to be a very difficult game today. Reading will be looking at this as the chance to get off the mark and will be pumped up.

I predict another poor and frustrating performance but yet again being bailed out by Ben Arfa, Ba or Cisse.

Lots of goals, 3-2 to the Toon :cool:

Agree with most of this - gonna be a tough one.

Certainly not expecting a 5 goal game though tbh!
    2-1 to the Toon hopefully, with us going two up and trying to hold out for the last ten!

Bigi starts ahead of Anita. Tells you so much about the potential of this lad - cracking signing.

HOWAY THE LADS!

Doocey wrote: »
    Certainly not expecting a 5 goal game though tbh!

The fact I just predicted we would play poorly and score 3 sums this team up :pac:. Hard to know which way this will go but both defences look weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What have you lads made of Anita so far?

Needs time to settle. He's trying too hard to impress and often over exaggerates simple passes and ends up losing a lot of the ball.

Some want him to play RB but to be honest, teams are gonna be targeting him by playing long balls down his side as he's quite small. Put him up against a tall player and he's done for in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

Better fullback then in midfield, shows promise. This game is crap so far, one great save from Harper and great recovery from Perch could be out of this. Hopefully get more in it in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Well this is tight and cagey and everything I wasn't expecting. We have being poor but surprisingly Reading haven't played much better.

Ben Arfa looks like the key again.

Awful stuff from us. Bigi looks a quality player though.

Saylor off injured.... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Out of jail there

Shocking defending for our goal,

Only one first choice in our back 5 :-(

Ah here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement